• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Wolf seems to be the most likely vet. Vets are the majority of the DLC, so I think he's the closest to a shoo-in there is.

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Dude I love Metal Hear.
Aw, come on! :4fox:
That was probably an unintentional grammar error.

On a side note, NonSpecific has a point. I'm sure lots of Smash players in general were devasted when some characters in Brawl were removed, apparently with the Ice Climbers (*sniff* that darn 3DS..), Snake, Wolf, and Lucas being the biggest upsets. I personally was devastated over IC before I even joined SB. It's parts of the Smash and potentially the gaming community as a whole that want these characters back.
It's just for that reason that all Vets have become the most requested characters. It's fact.

カワシさん

It's just for that reason that all Vets have become the most requested characters. It's fact.
I agree with you on that one. Also, in my opinion, the reason why vets are the most wanted is because there aren't many gaming characters that would be Smash material that aren't in Smash already (although I wouldn't mind someone like Chrom or Krystal).

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869

And look what happened. :4mewtwo: and :4feroy: came back, so :wolf: should have a spot waiting for him in the near future. But I'm not much of a Metal Gear guy so it won't really bother me if :snake: doesn't return.

Don't start shooting me, Metal Gear fans.

But for those that do want him back I wish them the best of luck.

カワシさん

You're never gonna live this down, you know that right. Like when you're about to die a doctor will come in and say
"I'm sorry sir, you've been diagnosed with Metal Hear."
then u die
Doctor - "NonSpecificGuy, NonSpecificGuy, NONSPECIFICGUY!!!!!!!!!!!
*MGS death music plays* dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun

Seriously I'm sure it was a mistake. I make more mistakes in typing now that I'm using a Japanese keyboard.

And look what happened. :4mewtwo: and :4feroy: came back, so :wolf: should have a spot waiting for him in the near future. But I'm not much of a Metal Gear guy so it won't really bother me if :snake: doesn't return.
Don't start shooting me, Metal Gear fans.

But for those that do want him back I wish them the best of luck.
Wolf is very likely.
In my opinion if they make another Smash game in the future, they should add every character that was in every Smash game (that was playable) in addition to any newcomers. The only issues I see though are the time that would take and possible technical limitations (I'm looking at you, :popo:)

NonSpecificGuy

V Has Come To
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
You're never gonna live this down, you know that right. Like when you're about to die a doctor will come in and say
"I'm sorry sir, you've been diagnosed with Metal Hear."
then u die
Doctor - "NonSpecificGuy, NonSpecificGuy, NONSPECIFICGUY!!!!!!!!!!!
I know, dammit! You don't have to rub it in! :034:

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
*MGS death music plays* dun dun dun dun dun, dun dun dun

Seriously I'm sure it was a mistake. I make more mistakes in typing now that I'm using a Japanese keyboard.

Wolf is very likely.
In my opinion if they make another Smash game in the future, they should add every character that was in every Smash game (that was playable) in addition to any newcomers. The only issues I see though are the time that would take and possible technical limitations (I'm looking at you, :popo:)
Not if they just make this on consoles. You honestly want Pichu back.

_Sheik

Smash Lord
And here I was getting sort of jealous because I thought you were a native Japanese fella who speaks a better fluent English than I do.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
I don't know if it's been brought up...but with Platinum being confirmed in working for Starfox. You think Sakurai's visit to Platinum may somehow mean something positive for Wolf? Probably a stretch but idk.

カワシさん

And here I was getting sort of jealous because I thought you were a native Japanese fella who speaks a better fluent English than I do.
Hahaha, I guess I should put my location to Tokyo then :). I'd be able to fool people then. Don't worry, I'm American. On a side note, your English is good, I thought you were American until I saw your location XD.

Not if they just make this on consoles. You honestly want Pichu back.
I've never played Melee although I'd like to play him, since I'm curious why he gets so mucn hate.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Hahaha, I guess I should put my location to Tokyo then :). I'd be able to fool people then. Don't worry, I'm American. On a side note, your English is good, I thought you were American until I saw your location XD.

I've never played Melee although I'd like to play him, since I'm curious why he gets so mucn hate.
Because he's a weaker version of Pikachu that does damage to himself. Does that sound fun.

CaptainAmerica

Smash Master
NNID
TomOfHyrule
I'm betting Sakurai's got Wolf coming up soon. I hate to get my hopes up, but I've yet to see any poll that puts Wolf lower than third, and now Lucas is in. It would only be too perfect for Wolf to be part of the next update.

This is the first time since release we haven't had an idea of the next DLC character. But I have to acknowledge that we're getting Tournet mode in August, so that'll probably come with a patch as well...who wants to bet that that'll give us a bit of an announcement just like the PrE3 direct we got? I'd almost be surprised if Wolf isn't put in at that point.

I think that after the leak and reveal of Ryu, Sakurai's trying to hold things a little tighter now. But hopefully Nintendo's leaning on him because of the massive hate from the E3 direct, and they want to get in the fans' good graces again. And what better way to appease the fans than giving more Smash content?

...now if that's true, they really did annoy the Metriod fans...guess they need a BIG reveal...

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
If my avatar doesn't speak for itself, then I'll just say it: I agree.

I expect Snake and much more than one newcomer.
As stated before, it is assuming that they don't shrink the portraits any further. However, I'll have another DLC roster pic up tomorrow.

カワシさん

I'm betting Sakurai's got Wolf coming up soon. I hate to get my hopes up, but I've yet to see any poll that puts Wolf lower than third, and now Lucas is in. It would only be too perfect for Wolf to be part of the next update.

This is the first time since release we haven't had an idea of the next DLC character. But I have to acknowledge that we're getting Tournet mode in August, so that'll probably come with a patch as well...who wants to bet that that'll give us a bit of an announcement just like the PrE3 direct we got? I'd almost be surprised if Wolf isn't put in at that point.

I think that after the leak and reveal of Ryu, Sakurai's trying to hold things a little tighter now. But hopefully Nintendo's leaning on him because of the massive hate from the E3 direct, and they want to get in the fans' good graces again. And what better way to appease the fans than giving more Smash content?

...now if that's true, they really did annoy the Metriod fans...guess they need a BIG reveal...
If you're referring to putting Ridley in, I personally would not want Ridley in Smash for several reasons:
1. He's way to big and works best as part of the stage (the Metroid stage on the Wii U) than as a character
2. To me, Ridley would be better left off as a boss than a character in Smash

However, I do admit, we need more villians. I just think Ridley isn't a good choice (please don't start spraying the fire of flame on me).

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
If you're referring to putting Ridley in, I personally would not want Ridley in Smash for several reasons:
1. He's way to big and works best as part of the stage (the Metroid stage on the Wii U) than as a character
2. To me, Ridley would be better left off as a boss than a character in Smash

However, I do admit, we need more villians. I just think Ridley isn't a good choice (please don't start spraying the fire of flame on me).
1. WHY DOES THAT MATTER? Smash isn't canonical, Ridley can be changed to look smaller.
2. Ganondorf would be better off as a boss since he doesn't seem to do what he does in his games. This is a stupid reason you know.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
1. WHY DOES THAT MATTER? Smash isn't canonical, Ridley can be changed to look smaller.
2. Ganondorf would be better off as a boss since he doesn't seem to do what he does in his games. This is a stupid reason you know.
Well, while I am not sure about talking about Ridley, but I think this is good. He could be toned down in size a bit, but otherwise, I think he could work. Don't know about the rest of you, though.

Last edited:

カワシさん

I think they shrunk Bowser too, maybe. I guess you got a point. Also, that's a good point (the second one) but I just feel Ridley wouldn't be the type of character for Smash, at least in my opinion. You do have a point though.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA
Well, while I am not sure about talking about Ridley, but I think this is good. He could be toned down in size a bit, but otherwise, I think he could work. Don't know about the rest of you, though.
Its just that whenever someone brings up those arguments against Ridley, I feel like I need to explain to them that those arguments are shut down pretty easily *COUGH COUGH SHOKIO*

edit - @ the japanese name above me lol.
Dr. Mario doesn't fit in Smash. He isn't even a proper doctor, he just throws pills at you. In real life, that kills you.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Its just that whenever someone brings up those arguments against Ridley, I feel like I need to explain to them that those arguments are shut down pretty easily *COUGH COUGH SHOKIO*

edit - @ the japanese name above me lol.
Dr. Mario doesn't fit in Smash. He isn't even a proper doctor, he just throws pills at you. In real life, that kills you.
Understood. If you are a fan of him, then it is moreso natural to defend him. I personally think this Ridley you showed, as I have said, could work. I just think making him a bit smaller (but not too small) height wise, but other than that, it could work.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
Wolf won't be announced at a comparatively speaking on a worldwide basis small time event like CEO. People also seem to be under the impression that characters voted at least in the first and second slots are guaranteed to join smash. That's not how it works, standard selection criteria still applies, they are using it more to see who people do want so they can plan out Smash 4 DLC and newcomers for Smash 5. If by some miracle Goku and Shrek were at the top of the ballot they would never get in.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Wolf won't be announced at a comparatively speaking on a worldwide basis small time event like CEO. People also seem to be under the impression that characters voted at least in the first and second slots are guaranteed to join smash. That's not how it works, standard selection criteria still applies, they are using it more to see who people do want so they can plan out Smash 4 DLC and newcomers for Smash 5. If by some miracle Goku and Shrek were at the top of the ballot they would never get in.
I understand what you mean. I am personally not getting my hopes up here about Wolf being at CEO. But they did say something big is coming. Whatever it is, I am excited to see it.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
I understand what you mean. I am personally not getting my hopes up here about Wolf being at CEO. But they did say something big is coming. Whatever it is, I am excited to see it.
I get the feeling it's not content related for the game, more something to do with the event itself that involves Smash Bros.

Kirbyfan391

Smash Champion
Besides for an update(datamines), or a Direct or E3, I don't expect to see Wolf revealed.

Izayoi

zzz
NNID
iza-tomato
I'm just dropping in to say that I fully support bringing Wolf back.
His moveset was really unique that I'm surprised that he didn't make it back.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Since 3DS are already perfect squares I imagine those can be reduced without any weird gaps.
I suppose that they can just be made more rectangular, like the Wii U version

Last edited:
Top Bottom