• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
He isn't but the VO in SFZ is much better because they toned down the whinyness of Peppy, Slippy and Fox. 64 didn't have any whiny to it while the others did. Cant really judge the rest of the SFZ cast until we hear them but I hope leon goes back to 64 days and not his super whiny version of assault.
The fact that you're calling Assault's actors "whiny" is astounding. The reason they may seem "Whiny" is because they aren't as wooden as the 64 actors. You at least need to replay those two to make a fair judgement, which I did recently. I promise you, the only character that isn't totally wooden in 64 is Peppy and that's simply due to him only ever spitting one-liners. You can't blaim Nintendo, though. It was a very early game and VA was just taking off, so it's obvious why not so great actors were chosen.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
You act like we're the only ones saying it looks bad, even with Krystal out of the equation it still looks bad with less action than 64 and forced motion controls. Not to mention it pretty much being a 64 rip-off only a couple years after the 3DS version came out

Wanting to campaign for a character isn't salty at all, others are doing it, notably the K Rool fans

And No-one is saying that 64 fans are the minority (Although it is true that 64 elitists are extremely
Seriously, the Krystal thread is almost the only place I see negative comments about the game in this forum. Sure there is other people hating on it but overall in this forum, I can only find the Krystal thread whining about it.

The fact that they are not just campaigning for their character, but they just badmouth about Nintendo and the game just to get their character, is totally not something one would stand.

The comments you made about Star Fox Zero only further proves my point: Most users here doesn't really care about the story being back to 64/2-ish era, but in Krystal's thread? Full of "the decision and stupid"s and "look how long this game will last before becoming a failure"s. Sure, it's not the beloved Assault or Adventure land missions you want, but this is just pure bias. Sure you see flaws in this game, but what about others? It's not like they're perfect at all. The way I put it, you guys are hating on this game like how most people hate about SF Adventures: far from the previous series.

64 fans are whiny? While I can't judge on this, if anything, you guys are whining more than they do.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
He isn't but the VO in SFZ is much better because they toned down the whinyness of Peppy, Slippy and Fox. 64 didn't have any whiny to it while the others did. Cant really judge the rest of the SFZ cast until we hear them but I hope leon goes back to 64 days and not his super whiny version of assault.
SFA's voice actors make the characters sound whiny? Never heard that one before. While this is all just opinion, the voices that the characters had in SFA just seemed to mesh well with their personalities. This holds especially true for the likes of Falco, Peppy, Slippy, Leon, and most notably Wolf. As far as I can remember, the only character that still seemed whiny is Slippy, but that's to be expected, it's kind of who he is after all. Leon's SFA voice actually makes him sound more like an underhanded, sneaky sort of guy, which I can totally imagine. Peppy just sounded like an old man, which he was at that point in time, not sure how anyone can consider that whiny. Now that I think about it, Fox sounds extra whiny nowadays, especially in Smash.

But then again, opinion. I don't think there's any right answer to this, only what we think.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the voice acting? Also, I am gonna wait for more info on the game in future Nintendo Directs. The info I am looking for is what planets can you go to, are there gonna be different options to play the game, the list goes on. I am not much on gyro based controls, but it is something I will get used to. If you ask me, the game looks fun. I will get it no matter what. The character's appearance or absence in the Star Fox games is the least of my worries. I just play the Star Fox games the way they are.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
I'm on the other side of the spectrum. To me, all of the characters had their best voices in the GCN era, most of which were featured in Assault(Fox is the odd one out, I like his Adventures voice a bit more than his Assault voice). I won't say that the 64 era voices are bad, just some of them seemed out of place, most notably Wolf. That's just my preference though.
I agree with all of this.

I don't understand how this can be "the worst Star Fox game ever" when we've barely scratched the surface. And as much as I like Krystal, she shouldn't be a selling point of the game. I still want her to be a part of the Star Fox team, no question there, but I'll be more or less forgiving of Nintendo if it doesn't come to that. My more immediate priority is getting to play a SF game once again.
Logo's description was just a bit of hyperbolic paraphrasing based on reactions. People are frustrated with how the game seems to have been handled but no one has said it's the worst Star Fox or whatever. We all know that we don't know what this game is actually about. Much remains uncertain. I think we're all hopeful for it but are feeling it's going to fall short of what we want in many ways based on what little has been revealed... and Krystal not showing up is only one small piece of that picture. I described reasons in detail in a previous post here.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
Am I the only one who doesn't mind the voice acting? Also, I am gonna wait for more info on the game in future Nintendo Directs. The info I am looking for is what planets can you go to, are there gonna be different options to play the game, the list goes on. I am not much on gyro based controls, but it is something I will get used to. If you ask me, the game looks fun. I will get it no matter what. The character's appearance or absence in the Star Fox games is the least of my worries. I just play the Star Fox games the way they are.
Voice acting is at most a minor nitpick for me, I'm still getting the game regardless of what they might sound like or who does or doesn't show up.

I heard that Nintendo is considering Pro Controller support, so we might not have to worry about using only gyro controls. Maybe.

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Ha, I sorta expected jahkzheng to come in totalk about Krystal stuff.

That post halfly in full caps might be the biggest reaction I've seen so far, but I can assure you there had been more of these negative opinions.

Maybe the situation had improved since then, but I can still tell there are salty comments around the thread.
I support both Wolf and Krystal. Naturally I'd be lurking here especially after the Star Fox Wii U reveal and the lack of Wolf announcement.

Only seems fair to defend my friends over in the other thread. Ian is really loud and easily gets angry, but he's always been that way. He's the only one that seems to refer to a hate of 64 fans. The more stable of us tried to help him chill out, heh. Most others have been much more measured about their frustrations. I don't think anyone has said that Krystal's absence is the sole reason for our misgivings. Although, some heavily point to the reversion to a prior time period without many established characters to be a major failing and that includes Krystal's absence. It's just one facet for me and many others however. If you read my spoiler message you'd see all the points that have us worried for the game. We're hopeful the lack of concrete info could prove us wrong about what the game appears to be.

DeathFox137

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Tech137
Voice acting is at most a minor nitpick for me, I'm still getting the game regardless of what they might sound like or who does or doesn't show up.

I heard that Nintendo is considering Pro Controller support, so we might not have to worry about using only gyro controls. Maybe.
Oooh, that would be awesome. I have a Pro Controller with me. If there is support for Pro Controllers for that game, I guess I am ready to go.

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I support both Wolf and Krystal. Naturally I'd be lurking here especially after the Star Fox Wii U reveal and the lack of Wolf announcement.

Only seems fair to defend my friends over in the other thread. Ian is really loud and easily gets angry, but he's always been that way. He's the only one that seems to refer to a hate of 64 fans. The more stable of us tried to help him chill out, heh. Most others have been much more measured about their frustrations. I don't think anyone has said that Krystal's absence is the sole reason for our misgivings. Although, some heavily point to the reversion to a prior time period without many established characters to be a major failing and that includes Krystal's absence. It's just one facet for me and many others however. If you read my spoiler message you'd see all the points that have us worried for the game. We're hopeful the lack of concrete info could prove us wrong about what the game appears to be.
I never thought liking SF 64 would cause so much trouble.:troll:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Seriously, the Krystal thread is almost the only place I see negative comments about the game in this forum. Sure there is other people hating on it but overall in this forum, I can only find the Krystal thread whining about it.

The fact that they are not just campaigning for their character, but they just badmouth about Nintendo and the game just to get their character, is totally not something one would stand.

The comments you made about Star Fox Zero only further proves my point: Most users here doesn't really care about the story being back to 64/2-ish era, but in Krystal's thread? Full of "the decision and stupid"s and "look how long this game will last before becoming a failure"s. Sure, it's not the beloved Assault or Adventure land missions you want, but this is just pure bias. Sure you see flaws in this game, but what about others? It's not like they're perfect at all. The way I put it, you guys are hating on this game like how most people hate about SF Adventures: far from the previous series.

64 fans are whiny? While I can't judge on this, if anything, you guys are whining more than they do.
Many other character threads don't have a need to talk about Star Fox Zero. It's basically this thread and the Krystal thread where it would be relevant to talk about. Not a surprise that the Krystal thread would be one of the few places were it's being discussed here.

I can understand that some of our posts stand out more than others, but the vast majority of us are not simply "badmouthing" the game. We're critical of some points, but "badmouthing" implies were hating blindly and really only one poster has done that, although more than just once.

We're doing what we can for our character. We were hoping for a bit of help from Nintendo a couple days ago, but didn't get it. Now we have to reassess our approach.

If you read my spoilered reasons for being worried about what Star Fox Zero might be a couple posts ago, you'd see many points that most fans would agree with. The feelings on Star Fox Zero around the web have been mixed at best. Most reviewers are not impressed by the graphics, find the controls awkward at least at first, are worried by the fact that the dialogue and level design implies it's just a 64 remake rather than a unique game with 64 gameplay, and some even feel that the 64 gameplay isn't quite as smooth or as interesting as it's namesake. The recent comment that this game wouldn't feature online has also been a point of frustration for many, many fans and critics. Much of the positive aspects of the reviews are wrapped around seeing potential in the game and just being glad to have Star Fox back. Basically, what's been shown so far has been underwhelming to many critics and fans, but they consider that this game is still early in development and see that it still has huge potential. There's not a lot to go on right now except for the expectation of improvement.

I hope it improves in many ways from what we've so far seen. Some might be happy enough if they just updated the graphics and allowed for more basic control options. I think many would still prefer a unique game to a 64 reimagining. Even the hardcore 64 fans would likely want something unique, but with the characters and gameplay they love.

I never thought liking SF 64 would cause so much trouble.:troll:
Yes, yes... apparently there's some big conspiracy out there. I tried to clarify the ridiculousness of that notion.

Thankfully things have become nice and chill again for the most part, but we've got some good conversation going again.

Good to see this place bumping along too.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
People are frustrated with how the game seems to have been handled but no one has said it's the worst Star Fox or whatever.
Weird. I'm sure I've heard something like that at least once from the thread.
I can understand that some of our posts stand out more than others, but the vast majority of us are not simply "badmouthing" the game. We're critical of some points, but "badmouthing" implies were hating blindly and really only one poster has done that, although more than just once.

We're doing what we can for our character. We were hoping for a bit of help from Nintendo a couple days ago, but didn't get it. Now we have to reassess our approach.

If you read my spoilered reasons for being worried about what Star Fox Zero might be a couple posts ago, you'd see many points that most fans would agree with. The feelings on Star Fox Zero around the web have been mixed at best. Most reviewers are not impressed by the graphics, find the controls awkward at least at first, are worried by the fact that the dialogue and level design implies it's just a 64 remake rather than a unique game with 64 gameplay, and some even feel that the 64 gameplay isn't quite as smooth or as interesting as it's namesake. The recent comment that this game wouldn't feature online has also been a point of frustration for many, many fans and critics. Much of the positive aspects of the reviews are wrapped around seeing potential in the game and just being glad to have Star Fox back. Basically, what's been shown so far has been underwhelming to many critics and fans, but they consider that this game is still early in development and see that it still has huge potential. There's not a lot to go on right now except for the expectation of improvement.

I hope it improves in many ways from what we've so far seen. Some might be happy enough if they just updated the graphics and allowed for more basic control options. I think many would still prefer a unique game to a 64 reimagining. Even the hardcore 64 fans would likely want something unique, but with the characters and gameplay they love.
Again, I'm sure Ian is not the only one. He seems to be the one who overreacted about this, but I do see comments about pure hate on Star Fox Zero because "they shouldn't be starting over the story and leaving Krystal irrelevant(?)". Also what I'm referring to, as I've said, is the comments from page 213-214, a short while after SF0 is announced. I can't be sure if the rage has cooled down, but yeah. :/

Also for that "no online mode" thing, I recall seeing a comment about some like "YES! Now people will hate SF0 and have it fail!" or such in the thread. While these negativity (salts) excites me (sorry) a bit, but seeing posts like these? I really can't help but remembering these kind of comments out of the I-don't-even-know-if-they-are-calm community.

I might be wrong about "many people saying 64 fans are just a whiny minority", but I do recall more than that. Something like
  1. The game is a reimagining? This game sucks.
  2. Why do Nintendo even listen to the minority of people who wants another 64
  3. No Krystal? This game sucks. Not to mention it's graphics, controls and stuff are really bad. (Basically adding hate points with "No Krystal" as base reason)
Or something similar. Again these might not be the majority of the thread, I do feel quite a number of users did so.

That said, while you guys are giving out more worries about the game quality, the first impression shows me that these worries are built upon the absence of Krystal. Because -- well, do you see any of us in this thread talking about the game anymore? (Well yeah, this thread always goes off topic, so not surprising?)

Last edited:

_Sheik

Smash Lord
I loved everything about Star Fox 64 when I was three years old and played the game in my living room. I used to suck at videogames back then so I [didn't even realize that I] never went past Corneria, but it was very lovely to see the mugshot of a character pop up on the screen and hear that character have some fully voiced dialogue. So I hope that later, my child can play SFZ as an introduction to videogames (amongst others) and receive the exact magic feelings I had when playing Lylat Wars.

shane3x

Saint of Swords
That said, while you guys are giving out more worries about the game quality, the first impression shows me that these worries are built upon the absence of Krystal
I can't believe anyone would think the unconfirmed absence of Kystal will make the game bad. It is a reimagining so maybe they will put her in. Doesn't bother me either way, Wolf's already confirmed so thats the main thing.

Last edited:

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

Considering that this game is literally 64 again I don't see how complaining about that is a bad thing, there's more than just us that don't like it, especially outside this forum

Also have you ever seen a rabid 64 fan? They acts like 64 is amazing and nothing can ever match it while constantly putting down the rest of the games

No -- I mean, since they don't see Krystal in, they feel dissatisfied in the first place, so they will more easily see the bad points of the game.
I hardly see being critical as a bad thing, we shouldn't let a game slide just because the franchise hasn't had a game in a while

I can't believe anyone would think the unconfirmed absence of Kystal will make the game bad. It is a reimagining so maybe they will put her in. Doesn't bother me either way, Wolf's already confirmed so thats the main thing.
The problem is the absence of anything post Star Fox 64, they got rid of characters that people liked, they got rid of gameplay mechanics that could have been built upon, the copy pased the story and dialogue from 64 etc

Last edited:

MeleeMario64

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1118-1005-9633
Might as well throw my opinion out there.
Yes,64's voice acting is laughable by today's standards,but I think there are some characters whose voices are still pretty good,like Pigma or Leon.James and Andross also sound good.
Everyone else is really funny sounding today.Wolf's voice worked at the time,but is now weird to go back to.
Assault voices were also great.Andrew's VA in Assault captured what Andrew is:a minor annoyance you want to take down and move on.Wolf,Pigma,Krystal,SLIPPY all sound better.Leon I can't say the same for...the only insane sounding thing he said in 64 was "I think I'll torture you for a while!"
Flanderization much?
Adventures...nothing was up to par in that game in the VA department.
Just gone to Twitter and replied NoA like this...

Bruh.Amazing job.

Wolfiv

Smash Journeyman
So many pages of comments about Wolf, but we're in a point we need this to be seen.
Please it's time for someone to make a Change(.org) petition about Wolf for DLC, it can succeed. You know, make a campaign so that even Sakurai will see it. ;)

Logo12

Smash Lord
So many pages of comments about Wolf, but we're in a point we need this to be seen.
Please it's time for someone to make a Change(.org) petition about Wolf for DLC, it can succeed. You know, make a campaign so that even Sakurai will see it. ;)
I remember a petition about Wolf and Lucas earlier before DLC. Now that Lucas got confirmed, that's basically the one we can go for.

Considering that this game is literally 64 again I don't see how complaining about that is a bad thing, there's more than just us that don't like it, especially outside this forum

Also have you ever seen a rabid 64 fan? They acts like 64 is amazing and nothing can ever match it while constantly putting down the rest of the games

I hardly see being critical as a bad thing, we shouldn't let a game slide just because the franchise hasn't had a game in a while

The problem is the absence of anything post Star Fox 64, they got rid of characters that people liked, they got rid of gameplay mechanics that could have been built upon, the copy pased the story and dialogue from 64 etc
All these words responds nothing more than proving my point -- You guys are biased against SF64 and SF0.

If I really have to respond:

"Considering that this game is literally 64" -- read jahkzheng's points. This looks more like a joke for me now.
"They acts act like 64 is amazing and nothing can ever match it while constantly putting down the rest of the games" -- Hey! This is what you guys are doing! Acting like post-64 is amazing and nothing can ever match it while constantly putting down the rest of the games!
"We shouldn't let a game slide just because the franchise hasn't had a game in a while" -- Hi Strawman Fallacy, we've touched nothing about how the franchise hasn't had a game in a while. The point is, no game is perfect. So while you can be negative about SF0, don't treat it as "worst SF game evar", because 1. This is an opinion 2. You're basically implying the other games have no similar flaw. Remember how Star Fox Adventure have no Star Wolf, and basically threw the main game controls out of the window? Are we complaining like "Let's see how much of a failure it is"?
"The problem is the absence of ... etc" -- again, read jahkzheng's points. More of these only shows that you're basically purely hating on the absence of Krystal -- you heard nothing about the part where the direct says "new story" because you're already covered in salt seeing no Krystal in the game.

----

I'll just throw this in:

Last edited:

shane3x

Saint of Swords
It is interesting how we are currently in a point in time where no DLC character has been announced or known about otherwise (leak, patch files etc...) since before the game has launched. We knew Mewtwo was coming prior to the game launching, Lucas happened, Roy and Ryu sound files got leaked and now we have nothing =p

Logo12

Smash Lord
It is interesting how we are currently in a point in time where no DLC character has been announced or known about otherwise (leak, patch files etc...) since before the game has launched. We knew Mewtwo was coming prior to the game launching, Lucas happened, Roy and Ryu sound files got leaked and now we have nothing =p
Y'know, the hype train crashed at E3. So no more hype.

カワシさん

Sadly, @ Serell Serell is right. 64's voice acting is astoundingly terrible. Assault's was leagues better. The reason Nintendo keeps coming back is because that game was masterful in it's gameplay, it's characters were quirky and fun, and the arcade feel with multiple routes allows for replayability. The voice acting has nothing to contribute. The only reason it was present in 64 3D was for nostalgia, the only reason it was in Smash 4 was for relevancy.

I agree with your entire statement, and, yes, the codecs could contribute to the Crude Humor, but Snake himself, the character, did not.

It was definitely more mature but it was that way simply because that was the general store back then gross, bland, and "griddy". Like everything needed to be realistic to be fun. Blegh.
Even if Brawl was more mature, I feel Snake was a good addition in my opinion. He's definately Smash material.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
I remember a petition about Wolf and Lucas earlier before DLC. Now that Lucas got confirmed, that's basically the one we can go for.

All these words responds nothing more than proving my point -- You guys are biased against SF64 and SF0.

If I really have to respond:

"Considering that this game is literally 64" -- read jahkzheng's points. This looks more like a joke for me now.
"They acts act like 64 is amazing and nothing can ever match it while constantly putting down the rest of the games" -- Hey! This is what you guys are doing! Acting like post-64 is amazing and nothing can ever match it while constantly putting down the rest of the games!
"We shouldn't let a game slide just because the franchise hasn't had a game in a while" -- Hi Strawman Fallacy, we've touched nothing about how the franchise hasn't had a game in a while. The point is, no game is perfect. So while you can be negative about SF0, don't treat it as "worst SF game evar", because 1. This is an opinion 2. You're basically implying the other games have no similar flaw. Remember how Star Fox Adventure have no Star Wolf, and basically threw the main game controls out of the window? Are we complaining like "Let's see how much of a failure it is"?
"The problem is the absence of ... etc" -- again, read jahkzheng's points. More of these only shows that you're basically purely hating on the absence of Krystal -- you heard nothing about the part where the direct says "new story" because you're already covered in salt seeing no Krystal in the game.

----

I'll just throw this in:
Your putting words in my mouth, I never said that post-64 was better in the slightest

I also never said Star Fox Zero is the worst Star Fox game ever, I'm just disapointed by what they've shown so far and I'm certainly not alone on this

I doesn't matter if Krystal is in the game or not, that honestly makes no difference, my problem is that this game, based on what we've seen so far, has done little to change up it's plot or even gameplay. If Krystal never existed and the Star Fox series went as it has I'd still be disappointed because this game in general just doesn't look interesting or worth playing in my opinion.

Last edited:

Logo12

Smash Lord
Your putting words in my mouth, I never said that post-64 was better in the slightest

I also never said Star Fox Zero is the worst Star Fox game ever, I'm just disapointed by what they've shown so far and I'm certainly not alone on this

I doesn't matter if Krystal is in the game or not, that honestly makes no difference, my problem is that this game, based on what we've seen so far, has done little to change up it's plot or even gameplay. If Krystal never existed and the Star Fox series went as it has I'd still be disappointed because this game in general just doesn't look interesting or worth playing in my opinion.
Not specifically you.

If you're to say so, you basically admitted that you're dissing on SF0 specifically.

"has done little to change up it's plot or even gameplay." Okay, stop joking around. Apparently you haven't seen the whole gameplay yet. Just try and find some gameplay showcases. There is an apparent difference.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Not specifically you.

If you're to say so, you basically admitted that you're dissing on SF0 specifically.

"has done little to change up it's plot or even gameplay." Okay, stop joking around. Apparently you haven't seen the whole gameplay yet. Just try and find some gameplay showcases. There is an apparent difference.
You can turn into a landmaster in some sections, that's pretty much the only difference I saw in the trailer, if there is something else, they should've shown it

Serell

Smash Apprentice
I honestly don't like that they're doing a re-imagining and just forgetting about Star Fox Adventures and Assault. They should of picked up where Assault left of to advance. What they're doing now is regressing. Where is the on-foot? In order for Star Fox to advance, there needs to be on-foot, so we can see the characters and feel for them. Sure, Assaults on-foot wasn't that great, but it was something that needed to be improved on, not forgotten.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I don't really have an issue with Star Fox Zero being re-imagining at all. I just personally see the team as being Fox, Falco, Peppy, and Slippy. I never cared at all for Krystal honestly. As for looking like 64, I do have to admit that some scenes from the video did look like they were from 64 but the game looks entirely new besides that. The on-foot missions seems to be taken over by the Arwing mech but I'm ok with that too. I know other people are not huge fans of it but that's completely understandable. The only thing that bothers me about the game is just the gyro controls and I hope that they're optional. I'm currently saving up to get a Pro Controller so hopefully the game will support that.

D

Deleted member

I'm just going to drop in here and say I bet Wolf as DLC will coincide with Star Fox Zero's release.

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303

My DLC speculation for now, and that's assuming they don't shrink down the portraits down any further. Two veterans from Melee, two veterans from Brawl, and two newcomers.

Last edited:

jahkzheng

Smash Lord
Weird. I'm sure I've heard something like that at least once from the thread.
I've been spending a good deal of time in the thread obviously, heh, and I don't recall that being said. Perhaps implied because of people's initial frustrations. Something like, "this is the worst decision they could've made" might imply that they think the game is the worst one yet, and I think there was a bit of that. I think much of that has more to do with what we were expecting for Krystal and not the game necessarily. As a Krystal support thread we'd have some investment in her status. Obviously, we don't know everything about the game but as Krystal fans, yeah, the initial reaction to her missing was bad. Lots of other stuff didn't meet expectations too however.

Again, I'm sure Ian is not the only one. He seems to be the one who overreacted about this, but I do see comments about pure hate on Star Fox Zero because "they shouldn't be starting over the story and leaving Krystal irrelevant(?)". Also what I'm referring to, as I've said, is the comments from page 213-214, a short while after SF0 is announced. I can't be sure if the rage has cooled down, but yeah. :/
Well, as Krystal fans in a Krystal thread I wouldn't be surprised that this would be the initial reaction one would share on the thread. Her missing is very relevant to our interests. I can't blame people for saying things out of emotion. Emotions were running high in those moments after the reveal.

As Krystal fans and supporters, the reveal was our worst case scenario besides an outright statement from Miyamoto that he's abandoning her. This isn't a reflection on the game necessarily, however... only a reflection of what the game means to us as Krystal fans who were hoping some more exposure would help our cause. As a campaign for her inclusion in Smash, this did throw a wrench in things. That's the reaction we have as Krystal supporters.

As simply Star Fox fans, not focusing on Krystal, we can say the game is not meeting expectations from what little we know so far, but it's no where near "worst game ever" status. And it's not like we're the only people feeling there's issues. Many Star Fox fans around the web aren't sure about the game for a number of reasons I've already described. However, we don't even know what all will change before release. Many fan concerns could be relieved by release. More info on what exactly is planned would help too.

Basically, of course you'd see a negative reaction in the Krystal thread. Krystal's not included and all of us have an investment in her relevance. Star Fox Zero has hurt our campaign, but we've mostly taken and deep breath and tried to recover. The anger at Star Fox Zero initially was because of how it hurt our character and in that emotional time you'd probably see more statements that weren't fair to Star Fox Zero based mainly on Krystal's inclusion. Things have settled since then. There's still things about Zero we aren't hot on, but no one is saying it's the worst game ever or anything. As Krystal supporters however, we do need to address what it means for us and what to do next. Basically, unless she makes an appearance for some odd reason that we can't forsee, we have to play this like the K.Rool fans and ignore that our character isn't in the latest Star Fox game.

Our thread is about Krystal support, so obviously most of the talk on that thread would be about her. It's not that she's the only thing we care about, it's that she is the topic of the thread. I've always talked about Wolf when I'm in this thread, though I mention Krystal more often then some. This is the most I've talked about my Krystal support in this thread ever.

Also for that "no online mode" thing, I recall seeing a comment about some like "YES! Now people will hate SF0 and have it fail!" or such in the thread. While these negativity (salts) excites me (sorry) a bit, but seeing posts like these? I really can't help but remembering these kind of comments out of the I-don't-even-know-if-they-are-calm community.
I can only imagine Ian saying something that ridiculous, though perhaps not in those exact words.

I might be wrong about "many people saying 64 fans are just a whiny minority", but I do recall more than that. Something like
  1. The game is a reimagining? This game sucks.
  2. Why do Nintendo even listen to the minority of people who wants another 64
  3. No Krystal? This game sucks. Not to mention it's graphics, controls and stuff are really bad. (Basically adding hate points with "No Krystal" as base reason)
Or something similar. Again these might not be the majority of the thread, I do feel quite a number of users did so.

That said, while you guys are giving out more worries about the game quality, the first impression shows me that these worries are built upon the absence of Krystal. Because -- well, do you see any of us in this thread talking about the game anymore? (Well yeah, this thread always goes off topic, so not surprising?)
64 fans aren't a "whiny minority". There are a ton of people out there that love Star Fox 64 and prefer it to the rest of the games in the franchise. I'm friends with many of them. The so called "vocal minority" are those that hate Krystal and harass her supporters. Really, they represent a very small fraction of people who like 64 above the other games. Ian in particular has unfairly associated these harassers with all people that prefer 64.

We have to deal with a lot of hate as Krystal fans so yes, we'd be frustrated that those that have harassed us have gotten what they want. Most people who harass us have stated they wished Krystal to be retconned out and hated the games we love. Again, it's really only a small number of people that don't actually represent all 64 fans obviously. Just a loud hateful minority of people. Some of which I think are just trolls trying to get under our skin and don't actually care about Star Fox in general. Ian mainly felt they were to blame which is silly. I can understand being frustrated that those who have harassed us have more fuel now, but they didn't make Nintendo do anything.

Again, stuff said early in the post-reveal discussion was emotionally charged and as a Krystal support thread, you can't be surprised that much of our discussion would have to do with her.

Not sure why you feel the need to monitor our emotions. I feel like you want to pick scabs a bit and it's kind of unfair. If for some evil reason Sakurai said he wouldn't do Wolf DLC, I wouldn't comment in other threads that "the Wolf thread is having a cow because no Wolf" and "Oh man, it's so salty in there". But then I'm one of you guys and I understand how much that would suck.

Sorry if you feel Star Fox Wii U is awesome so far and don't like that many of us aren't happy. Yeah, a lot of what you're seeing is people upset at no Krystal. It's a Krystal support thread after all and she's the topic of discussion. If Miyamoto said, "no Wolf in this Star Fox game", that would likewise be the first thing discussed here and I'm sure there would be a few angry posters. I would be pretty upset myself, but I do my best to keep a level head.

POKEMANSPIKA

Smash Master
NNID
POKEMANSPIKA

My DLC speculation for now, and that's assuming they don't shrink down the portraits down any further. Two veterans from Melee, two veterans from Brawl, and two newcomers.
They aren't going to do one ballot character. A 7 month wait just to announce 1 character is very unlikely. Plus we still have 2 preplanned Mario slots (ones probably Wolf the other maybe a Rhythm Heaven character).

Top Bottom