• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Logo12

Smash Lord
Somewhere without a Smash community. Send hlep
That's irrational thinking imo. If that were ever the case Lucas would've been replaced with Porky or Masked Man and they aren't even that cloney to begin with.
You know, Krystal IS popular as well unlike Porky, and this replacement is somehow commonly requested. Out of all YouTube videos I've seen so far, they all say that Krystal should replace Wolf. 99% of them agree that Krystal would be "Unique because of her staff, is a female and will not be a clone like Wolf does". While I'll mostly be on the comments, saying that "If Slippy/Wolf is a Dr Mario version of Fox, Krystal will be a Lucina version of Marth". Different attack ranges because of the weapon (Lucina had a slightly smaller attack range), specials likely not to differ too much (except performed by the staff), and most importantly, just a female version.

Clone talk aside, as far as I expect, this won't really be likely to happen. But you know what kind of person Sakurai is. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, Ridley confirmed."

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
You know, Krystal IS popular as well unlike Porky, and this replacement is somehow commonly requested. Out of all YouTube videos I've seen so far, they all say that Krystal should replace Wolf. 99% of them agree that Krystal would be "Unique because of her staff, is a female and will not be a clone like Wolf does". While I'll mostly be on the comments, saying that "If Slippy/Wolf is a Dr Mario version of Fox, Krystal will be a Lucina version of Marth". Different attack ranges because of the weapon (Lucina had a slightly smaller attack range), specials likely not to differ too much (except performed by the staff), and most importantly, just a female version.

Clone talk aside, as far as I expect, this won't really be likely to happen. But you know what kind of person Sakurai is. "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, Ridley confirmed."
I rather have slippy or peppy over Krystal tbh

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Hey guys i got a question.

How strong will wolf be?
Im a fan of strong chars thats why i main Ganon and my 2nd main is Bowser.

But bowser is frowned upon by some in this game and is seen as a noob character by some smashers and he is boring...no combos..etc..

Didnt play much of brawl.

Thing is in smash4 there is a big differnce in speed between fox and falco now falco got slowed down alot!
I cant help but Wolf will be the same speed and i hope stronger or will Wolf be slower than Falco?

How was wolf compared to fox and falco in brawl? In terms of speed and most importantly for me Power?

I dont like the other heavies...manily waiting for K.Rool but strongly considering making Wolf.my secondary because lets face it all the spacies have such a useful moveset and one of the best movesets.
Very useful are all there (B) moves.

Sorry for the rambling

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

How strong will wolf be?

But bowser is frowned upon by some in this game and is seen as a noob character by some smashers and he is boring...no combos..etc..

Thing is in smash4 there is a big differnce in speed between fox and falco now falco got slowed down alot!
I cant help but Wolf will be the same speed and i hope stronger or will Wolf be slower than Falco?

How was wolf compared to fox and falco in brawl? In terms of speed and most importantly for me Power?

I dont like the other heavies...manily waiting for K.Rool but strongly considering making Wolf.my secondary because lets face it all the spacies have such a useful moveset and one of the best movesets.

Sorry for the rambling
Wolf was slower but stronger, I remember that Wolf was still pretty fast regardless, but he's the strongest Star Fox character in terms of power

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Wolf was slower but stronger, I remember that Wolf was still pretty fast regardless, but he's the strongest Star Fox character in terms of power
Yh but if Wolf is slower than falco in this game that is pretty damn slow tbh...
Hmmm... its quite intresting im curious to see how he will be im sure he will be good just hope he has some power.

Falco's smashes are very fast but not that strong.

I remember wolf's Side (B) was dirty.
:)

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
Wolf flash was harder to use than Fox illusion and Falco Phantasm, but it was so rewarding when you landed it. I hope he gets a new up special tho, Fire Wolf is awful imo.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend

How strong will wolf be?

Sorry for the rambling
I find Wolf to be average in pretty much every way. I don't find him slow, or powerfull. Then again I don't find Bowser to be all that slow in ssb4.
Wolf flash was harder to use than Fox illusion and Falco Phantasm, but it was so rewarding when you landed it. I hope he gets a new up special tho, Fire Wolf is awful imo.
Why? It's much faster than Fire Fox, and....Fire Falco? And you also get to use the move without hearing (Holds nose) "FIRE!!!".

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
Wolf ran very slightly slower than Falco did, but Wolf's air speed was tied for 3rd with Wario so his air mobility is very fast.

So while Falco is slow on the ground and air, Wolf is at least very fast in the air.

Wolf's down smash is super fast and is one of his best KO moves with no sour spot on it.

Forward smash is also very fast but not as strong but it's good for damage building and can still KO at high percents.

Bair is also very fast and strong too.

Up smash is slower than the other smash attacks, but has very little end lag and is still pretty strong especially if it's sweetspotted.

And of course sweet spot Wolf Flash is sick as anything.

Up tilt, dair and fair are also decent kill moves.

ftilt can KO at high percents too.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I might not be able to watch E3 because I have summer school and that is a pretty sound theory that the Falco amiibo will revealed along side footage of the new Star Fox and it just makes too much sense for Wolf to be revealed along with the footage. It would be pretty stupid not to have Smash at the NWCs.
I won't be able to watch E3 at all because regular school doesn't end for me 'till June 25th.
When I took Calc III last summer I just used the college's computers to watch it when I wasn't in class. Is that an option?
Not an option here unfortunately. I'm going to try to catch up on everything when I get home.

I really don't have much options in 7th grade.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Wolf ran very slightly slower than Falco did, but Wolf's air speed was tied for 3rd with Wario so his air mobility is very fast.

So while Falco is slow on the ground and air, Wolf is at least very fast in the air.

Wolf's down smash is super fast and is one of his best KO moves with no sour spot on it.

Forward smash is also very fast but not as strong but it's good for damage building and can still KO at high percents.

Bair is also very fast and strong too.

Up smash is slower than the other smash attacks, but has very little end lag and is still pretty strong especially if it's sweetspotted.

And of course sweet spot Wolf Flash is sick as anything.

Up tilt, dair and fair are also decent kill moves.

ftilt can KO at high percents too.
Wow..Really...! Damn..hes gonna be beast.
Falco really doesnt prefere the air...as much as he says lol.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
But Wolf is closer in physique to a human than anything else. I think it would look silly to see him on all fours. Well....The Charr can pull it off so I guess...
Aren't the Charr hunched over though?

I did like Wolf's limping run but I would be ok with something more feral.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Wolf is pretty much coming but i just wish he was coming this month instead of Lucas...
For Glory is alreday flooded with Ness's...ugh imagine when Lucas comes...

Plus doing Up smash out of run is a common thing When Lucas does it...its gonna be disgusting....

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Aren't the Charr hunched over though?
Little bit. Their legs are built differently as well. That may be why it doesn't look weird for them to be on all fours. However the only anatomical difference between Wolf and people is his skull and tail. I just can't picture him looking anything but silly while running on all fours.
Wolf is pretty much coming but i just wish he was coming this month instead of Lucas...

Plus doing Up smash out of run is a common thing When Lucas does it...its gonna be disgusting....
More misused PK Thunders........................Yaaaaaaaay.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master

I have a feeling Lucas won't be as annoying as Ness, mainly because of his PK Fire, no easy grab combos for him

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
man how easy will master core be when you have 200 power custom Lucas and just spam PK Thunder and neutral air.

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
I have a feeling Lucas won't be as annoying as Ness, mainly because of his PK Fire, no easy grab combos for him
PK Thunder though. I'm willing to bet they will try to catch you up in it like he did to Rosalina & Luma in the trailer. I wonder what possesses Ness players to spam PK Thunder in the first place. It's a very ineffective tactic.
man how easy will master core be when you have 200 power custom Lucas and just spam PK Thunder and neutral air.
Really hard.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
PK Thunder though. I'm willing to bet they will try to catch you up in it like he did to Rosalina & Luma in the trailer. I wonder what possesses Ness players to spam PK Thunder in the first place. It's a very ineffective tactic.

Really hard.
Does Lucas' PK Thunder even kill though? If not then it really doesn't matter

Regardless it's pretty easy to punish anyway

Last edited:

AreJay25

May or May Not Be Pac-Man
Lucas is going to flood online. No doubt about it.

Hopefully I can destroy them with Wolf though. ;)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
Does Lucas' PK Thunder even kill though? If not then it really doesn't matter

Regardless it's pretty easy to punish anyway
No. They use the first part of the move to attack. As in the small projectile and not Ness or Lucas himself. I'm more annoyed because it's one of the worst things you can do as a direct attack.
(Sighs) All my opponents in For Glory seem to be either people who don't know the fundimentals, people that play terribly and still win, or people way beyond my skill level. :facepalm:

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
PK Thunder is extremely useful in the hands of a good Ness. You can juggle for days if you use it right. If it misses or the opponent hits the ground, just wheel it around and hit 'em with PKT2.

And somehow I have still not figured out how to counter this.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
PK Thunder is extremely useful in the hands of a good Ness. You can juggle for days if you use it right. If it misses or the opponent hits the ground, just wheel it around and hit 'em with PKT2.

And somehow I have still not figured out how to counter this.
I've never had a problem with it tbh, just airdodge and punish it with an aerial

And just shield PKT2 and shield grab them

Last edited:
Top Bottom