• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can't Let you cut me Sakurai, Wolf for DLC

Ura

Smash Legend
Switch FC
SW-2772-0149-6703
There is a smash bros competetion?
That is of course theirs a Smash Bros competition at the event. Either way, I still think there will be a way to reveal Ryu at the end of the NWC.

If there's no Smash Bros, then Reggie can just reveal Ryu after everything is done at the event.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I dunno, I have been worrying a lot about Wolf. Chances are, he is pretty likely, but I am still worried about him not getting back, and worse, replaced by a certain someone (Being someone who lurk around Youtube videos, I've found quite a lot of people suggesting that Krystal replace Wolf because "she will not be a clone like Wolf does". Can't resist but to instant dislike and to write hundred-word-arguments about how that would be wrong in both sides).
I'm in the exact same boat as you. As excited as I am for E3, I'm very worried too. Krystal replacing Wolf because "she won't be a clone like Wolf" would really leave me disappointed.

MainJPW

M.T.A
I'm in the exact same boat as you. As excited as I am for E3, I'm very worried too. Krystal replacing Wolf because "she won't be a clone like Wolf" would really leave me disappointed.
That's irrational thinking imo. If that were ever the case Lucas would've been replaced with Porky or Masked Man and they aren't even that cloney to begin with.

Last edited:

AlphaSSB

Bring Back Star Fox
3DS FC
0018-1370-8449
Switch FC
0691-1639-9303
Hopefully, both Wolf and Krystal will be playable. Both in Smash DLC and in Star Fox Wii U. I'm just really praying for Wolf to get in. Also, if Wolf does become official, the Social Thread on his page should be named "The Sargasso Hideout" haha.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
Just thought I'd drop in and see how things are going as far as confidence in Wolf because I'm going to E3 this year, and I'm just trying to take a survey on character confidence before I go.

What are your thoughts? Likely, Unlikely, shoe-in? What?
I'm fifty-fifty on him apeearing at E3 but I am ninety percent sure he'll be in at some point. I hope he does get revealed at E3 though.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
If only there was a pic of Wolf with Rosalina in it, I would definitely use that as my avatar.

MarthOfHyrule

Smash Cadet
NNID
MarthOfHyrule
Wolf...rosa....

uhhhh.......

Beep. Beep.Beep. Beep. Beeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep.
"I'm sorry, sir."

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
If only there was a pic of Wolf with Rosalina in it, I would definitely use that as my avatar.
You could try doing what I did and just put Wolf in an existing Rosalina picture. Or the other way around.

I know there's a few people here who are good at photoshop so they could probably make something for you if you wanted.

I could try myself if you want but I'm pretty sure someone else could do a better job than me.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
You could try doing what I did and just put Wolf in an existing Rosalina picture. Or the other way around.

I know there's a few people here who are good at photoshop so they could probably make something for you if you wanted.

I could try myself if you want but I'm pretty sure someone else could do a better job than me.
That would be appreciated. If there is someone who's good at using those, it would be nice to put either one of Rosalina's Mario Galaxy render or her Sm4sh render in the background of this pic.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I'm pretty hopeful for an appearance at E3, but not so much that I think it's set in stone.

Anyone who truly thinks :wolf: is a clone needs to have their eyes examined. That said, I would welcome both characters but I would think that :wolf: is still the higher priority character.

eltacoenojado

Smash Journeyman
Just thought I'd drop in and see how things are going as far as confidence in Wolf because I'm going to E3 this year, and I'm just trying to take a survey on character confidence before I go.

What are your thoughts? Likely, Unlikely, shoe-in? What?
Cautiously optomistic. As bad as I want him back, I can't help but worry that another one of my favorite characters gets taken away from me for 14 years

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I personally think Wolf would make more sense than Krystal because he was in one of the best selling games on the Nintendo 64. To some people, that's the only recognizable Star Fox game. From that alone I believe Wolf is more popular than Krystal.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
I personally think Wolf would make more sense than Krystal because he was in one of the best selling games on the Nintendo 64. To some people, that's the only recognizable Star Fox game. From that alone I believe Wolf is more popular than Krystal.
One might be able to argue that he played a bit more of a significant role in Assault. ....And I guess Command if one wants to count it...but who really does?

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
I'm pretty hopeful for an appearance at E3, but not so much that I think it's set in stone.

Anyone who truly thinks :wolf: is a clone needs to have their eyes examined. That said, I would welcome both characters but I would think that :wolf: is still the higher priority character.
That is true and I do agree that Wolf is the farthest thing from a clone. One time I was talking with a friend about Wolf possibly coming back and he said that Wolf is too much like Fox and Falco to even come back. Being a Wolf main, this got me pretty salty and I played Wolf, Fox, and Falco a lot during the Brawl days and I knew really well how each of them were different from each other (Wolf being the most unique imo) so I had no trouble explaining their differences but you have to spend some time with each of the Star Fox trio to really get to know them and how they work.

Last edited:

SimonBarSinister

Smash Lord
NNID
SimonBarSinister
3DS FC
2406-5996-7869
That is true and I do agree that Wolf is the farthest thing from a clone. One time I was talking with a friend about Wolf possibly coming back and he said that Wolf is too much like Fox and Falco to even come back. Being a Wolf main, this got me pretty salty and I played Wolf, Fox, and Falco a lot during the Brawl days and I knew really well how each of them were different from each other (Wolf being the most unique imo) so I had no trouble explaining their differences but you have to spend some time with each of the Star Fox trio to really get to know them and how they work.
A little while ago(during the pre-Smash 4 era)I might've been slightly irritated whenever someone said anything of the sort because, you know, there was a clear difference between :wolf: and the other two(with :falco: being quite similar to :fox: as opposed to the relationship between :wolf: and :fox:). Nowadays I just kinda laugh at the idea of someone thinking :wolf: is anything like them. Though I suppose he is, but not in any significant way. I didn't really use :fox: or :falco:, but a friend of mine would commonly fight me using :falco:, with which I was able to make a rough estimation of the differences between the two. But really, the differences between all of them are very obvious and more so if one has at least tried them all. The similar specials and FS isn't really much to go by, ESPECIALLY for :wolf:.

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
So I was thinking and I thought it was odd that Falco hasn't had his amiibo announced. So I checked into it and the only characters without an announced amiibo are Mr. G&W, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., and Falco. The other three are retro fighters, so I suppose they're saving them for last, but Falco seems to be the odd one out. Maybe there's a reason he was saved for last. Maybe they'll unveil the Falco amiibo alongside Wolf. Just a thought I suppose..

Last edited:

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Well, I changed my avatar to Wolf but maintaining Rosa in it, thanks to @ TheDarkKnightNoivern TheDarkKnightNoivern , to show my support until E3 arrives and if he gets confirmed.

After that, I'm still keeping and reverting back to my Rosa avatar I had before cuz I love that one, yo.

Last edited:

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
So I was thinking and I thought it was odd that Falco hasn't had his amiibo announced. So I checked into it and the only characters without an announced amiibo are Mr. G&W, Duck Hunt, R.O.B., and Falco. The other three are retro fighters, so I suppose they're saving them for last, but Falco seems to be the odd one out. Maybe there's a reason he was saved for last. Maybe they'll unveil the Falco amiibo alongside Wolf. Just a thought I suppose..
Made this same theory way back in April.
"If you look at the remaining amiibo's to be released (excluding dlc characters) you'll see that only :4falco::4rob::4gaw:&:4duckhunt: are left to be released. Notice that 3 of these characters are old retro characters and one isn't. The latest wave of amiibo's come out in September. Based on the amiibo release schedule, there's a high chance that this wave will be released during the holiday season. Star Fox Wii U is guaranteed to be out by then (Wolf won't let them delay it) which will most likely (unless it's been confirmed already) have amiibo support for the Fox and Falco amiibo. This explains why the Falco amiibo is taking so long to get out compared to all the other ones so they can release it alongside SF Wii U."

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
It's odd I don't remember this. Maybe it was during my absence from the thread the last half of April till early May thanks to finals and dead week. Well, sorry to accidentally steal your theory but I suppose it's good to know I'm not the only one that has it :p
"If you look at the remaining amiibo's to be released (excluding dlc characters) you'll see that only :4falco::4rob::4gaw:&:4duckhunt: are left to be released. Notice that 3 of these characters are old retro characters and one isn't. The latest wave of amiibo's come out in September. Based on the amiibo release schedule, there's a high chance that this wave will be released during the holiday season. Star Fox Wii U is guaranteed to be out by then (Wolf won't let them delay it) which will most likely (unless it's been confirmed already) have amiibo support for the Fox and Falco amiibo. This explains why the Falco amiibo is taking so long to get out compared to all the other ones so they can release it alongside SF Wii U."

Jestar

Prinsass of Hyrule
NNID
JML-64
Switch FC
2130-3831-9341
It's odd I don't remember this. Maybe it was during my absence from the thread the last half of April till early May thanks to finals and dead week. Well, sorry to accidentally steal your theory but I suppose it's good to know I'm not the only one that has it :p
Great minds think alike.

Dragoncharystary

Smash Lord
I never said it, but I predicted this too. I am assuming Falco will be revealed at E3 to co-inside with Star Fox U. Miyamoto did confirm the game would have amiibo support. They could make new amiibos, but they could also use the Fox and Falco Smash amiibos. Wolf will probably be compatible as well when his amiibo comes out if he is in Smash.

Foxy Alopex

Smash Ace
NNID
Foxy_Alopex
Oh I can't wait for E3 and I hope that Star Fox Wii U finally gets a better name then just calling it Wii U or U. Here's another Wolf pic.
7482135_orig.png

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
Yeah he's the odd one out of the original bunch, and :4mewtwo:and:4lucas: amiibos were announced in April, but they're DLC. Why keep Falco so long?

mark welford

Smash Ace
I might not be able to watch E3 because I have summer school and that is a pretty sound theory that the Falco amiibo will revealed along side footage of the new Star Fox and it just makes too much sense for Wolf to be revealed along with the footage. It would be pretty stupid not to have Smash at the NWCs.

Last edited:

themasterofcircuits

Smash Journeyman
NNID
professorfargo
I might not be able to watch E3 because I have summer school and that is a pretty sound theory that the Falco amiibo will revealed along side footage of the new Star Fox and it just makes too much sense for Wolf to be revealed along with the footage. It would be pretty stupid not to have Smash at the NWCs.
When I took Calc III last summer I just used the college's computers to watch it when I wasn't in class. Is that an option?

Top Bottom