• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"Can't get enough of Anna, huh?" - Anna Support Thread

shrooby

Let me know when I'm supposed to laugh, okay?
BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
On the one hand it makes me so happy that they're listening to community desires so much. We have such an amazing roster right now, and Ridley was one of my "if they're playable I'd actually cry"-characters. And so many modes/features/options people have been asking for. It's still kind of hard to believe even now.
Buuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut, on the other hand, Anna, literally my favorite character from anything, pretty much only has a chance as an off-the-wall pick for the sake of adding a unique character who happens to have a bit of modern relevance. So her chances are even closer zero now haha

It's sad, but I guess it's the price I had to pay for Ridley and K. Rool~
Hopefully in the future people hate FE less. Because not only would be great if people weren't as bitter towards one of my favorite franchises because of Smash, but also Anna being in Smash is the freaking dream.

Last edited:

warelander

Smash Journeyman
I will admit that I am someone who thinks that other series could use bit more love in terms of newcomers, but I don't hate FE getting a lot of attention and Anna is someone I'd always want no matter what, so yeah, I absolutely support her, even if things might not look too great for her.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
She's the absolute, objectively best choice for a new unique FE rep. Support.

Last edited:

MojoRobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
ScientistRobo
Switch FC
SW-7435-3779-2976
So, I was thinking up stuff for how Anna could play, and I think I have a solid concept down.
Bear with me here, but Anna's central gimmick would be an RNG-based moveset. Fire Emblem is a RNG-heavy series, and needing to adapt to what the game rolls for you is a necessity at higher difficulty levels. Anna, with her playful personality, would be a perfect fit to represent this aspect of the series. I'm mainly taking inspiration from two characters from Arc System Works games:
FaustRev.png Faust from Guilty Gear
Platinum_the_Trinity_(Centralfiction,_Character_Select_Artwork).png Platinum from Blazblue
These two characters have RNG special moves as their main gimmick. Faust throws out random projectiles that all have different properties while Platinum randomly equips an item that replaces the summon move itself for a limited number of uses. I will mainly be using Platinum as my inspiration.

Technical Characteristics:
Damage - 5/10, most of her normals, save for certain heavy hitters, wouldn't be too strong.
Kill Power - 9/10, potential to kill extremely early with her stronger attacks as well as edgeguarding with her disjoints.
Walk Speed - 8/10, pretty fast, similar to Pikachu and Diddy Kong.
Run Speed - 9/10, incredibly fast, on par with the likes of Greninja and ZSS.
Air Speed - 8/10, nice and mobile. Around Cloud's level.
General Attack Speed - 8/10, most of her normals would be pretty quick to make up for their only average damage.
Killing Attack Speed - 3/10, her strongest attacks would also be her slowest.
Weight - 2/10, has always been pretty fragile. Somewhere around Pikachu's level.
Fall Speed - 10/10, has around Captain Falcon or Greninja's fall speed.

Anna's normals (Jab, Tilts, Aerials, and Smashes) are all based around her axe, Nóatún. Much like the OP, her attacks are fairly quick, however, her kill options are all pretty slow, in exchange for their enormous kill power, meaning to secure a stock she'll need to find ways to setup or combo into those kill moves.

-Special Moves-

Down Special - Grab Bag
Anna brings out a large burlap sack and rummages through it before pulling out a random weapon and equipping it. The weapons she can pull out are as follows:
Tomahawk
Armads
Lance (appearance varies)
Javelin
Gradivus
Sword (appearance varies)
Dagger
Dark Mystletainn

All weapons have an equal chance of appearing.

Neutral Special - Weapon Assault
Anna makes use of her equipped weapon from Grab Bag to do an attack. Every equipped weapon has a maximum of 10 uses before Anna discards it, requiring her to use Grab Bag again and gain a new one.
(No weapon equipped) - Anna pulls Nóatún back and begins charging a powerful, upwards swing with it. The attack acts as both a chargeable attack and a counter. If Anna is hit while charging it, she will immediately strike back with the swing. If she's left to charge it, then she'll keep charging it until a certain point where she lets the attack loose. Both the counter attack and the fully charged attack are extremely powerful, and do the same damage and knockback. If the counter attack triggers, the opponent will be put into a special stun state where they cannot act until the attack is over, ensuring they are hit.

(Tomahawk equipped) - Anna tosses the tomahawk as it boomerangs back to her. Extremely fast projectile that's good for controlling space and zoning.

(Armads equipped) - Anna swings Armads into the air with such force that she is carried up into the air with it. On her way back down, she then slams it into the ground with an absurdly strong landing hitbox that combos directly from the first hit. Also produces a weaker shockwave hitbox. Direct hits from Armads have an electrical effect. A slow, but extremely powerful kill option.

(Lance equipped) - Anna jabs forward with her equipped lance. Has a strong tipper hitbox. Button can be mashed to have Anna proceed to stab the lance forward rapidly at different angles. Anna slides forward slowly during the rapid jab.

(Javelin equipped) - Anna takes a stance, readying to throw the javelin. Button can be held to angle the proceeding throw into any direction. Decently strong projectile that passes through opponents on hit. Will also break through up to 2 other projectiles.

(Gradivus equipped) - Anna stabs Gradivus directly forwards, if it hits the opponent will be skewered and Anna will go into a command grab where she stabs Gradivus into the ground, leaving the opponent downed right in front of her. Does not activate on shield, only on hit.

(Sword equipped) - Anna rapidly spins in circles with her equipped sword, locking the opponent into a tornado of multi-hits before finishing it off with a baseball swing with strong launch power. If all hits connect, this attack will break shields. Hits on both sides of Anna. When in mid-air, Anna will stall in the air and then do a short hop upwards as she begins to spin. Direction can be changed mid-spin. Attack can be charged to deal more damage.

(Dagger equipped) - Anna tosses out a dagger that travels completely straight very quickly. A fast, weak projectile. If the dagger hits or is blocked by an opponent it will clink off of them and fall into the ground, becoming a regular throwable item.

(Dark Mystletainn equipped) - Anna throws the Dark Mystletainn forward in an arc. Direction of the throw can be influenced. Dark Mystletainn will embed itself into any terrain it contacts and spawn a constant hitbox of its dark energy for 10 seconds before disappearing.

Side Special - Pass
Anna moves forward or backwards extremely quickly, creating afterimages as she moves outside of the regular Z-axis of the stage and twirls around, dodging any attack that she passes by. Button can be pressed again for Anna to jump up into the air and fire her bow downwards at an angle. Direction she jumps in depends on direction held.

Up Special - Arrow Warp
Anna pulls out a bow and fires an arrow in any direction the attack is aimed. Once it travels a certain distance or impacts terrain (or another character) Anna will use a Warp staff to teleport to the arrow's location. The teleportation has a strong hitbox when Anna reappears, similar to Zelda's.

Let me know what you guys think.

OptimisticStrifer

Smash Champion
I'm unfamiliar with Fire Emblem; But Anna and Black Knight are my most wanted when it comes to more representation. Even though we may be a bit crowded with the franchise; I personally don't mind more of them as long as they are interesting! And I'd like to see a merchant character. Count me in! (I may even throw some support behind her in a hypothetical second ballot/ DLC period)

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
It's always been strange to me that Anna isn't a playable fighter yet, despite making the most appearances out of any Fire Emblem character. If it were up to me, I would have her in place of Roy. Nonetheless, I support.

D

Deleted member

Quite Ironic that someone who started as a mere merchant has now become of Fire Emblem's most popular faces and one of the few who is recurring throughout multiple entries in the series.

One of the few Fire Emblem Complaints I can understand is the lack of moveset variation. Anna has so much to offer in that regard. Could even make her a jack of all trades if you wanted to.

Consider me a supporter.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I should've done this a long time ago, but only now do I finally feel INSPIRED.

My vision of Anna is that she takes after her appearance from Fire Emblem Heroes, that is to say, she predominantly uses her axe, Nóatún, for attacking. That said, on top of capturing her sassy, quirky personality, I think any good Anna moveset should strive to capture what she is: a character that can represent the Fire Emblem series as a whole. So, of course, Anna uses all kinds of weapons. Think of axe combat as a binding agent.

Anna, true to all her playable appearances, is fast, but frail. She's both fast on the ground and in the air. She is a very combo-focused character, and is also quite the trickster. And like axe fighters generally are in Fire Emblem, she hits pretty hard. But, true to her appearances, she usually gets royally screwed when things don't go her greedy way. Anna's disadvantage is quite poor. She's a fast-faller and a lightweight, her aerials aren't good at breaking out of strings, and her recovery isn't great.

Attributes
Since we only have comprehensive data for Smash 4 and not Ultimate, I'll be using Smash 4's character attribute data as a baseline and for comparisons. Since Ultimate seems overall faster, these attributes would probably all be slightly higher if I were going off of data from it. (I'm obviously not going to go over every single attribute a character has, just the ones that make it clear the kind of fighter she is.)

Weight: 48
The same weight as Sheik, making her the 11th lightest character.

Walk speed: 0.9
The same as Bayonetta. When Anna walks, she rests her axe on her shoulder and does a runway walk because she's sassy. (Hence why it's the same as Bayo haha~ )

Run speed: 2
This would make her tied with Charizard for the ninth fastest run speed in Smash 4. When Anna runs, she hunches over like how Thieves, Assassins and Tricksters run in Awakening.

Air speed: 1.1
The same as Cloud, Sheik and a few others. This would make her the 14th fastest character in the air.

Fall speed: 1.75
The same as Diddy and Sheik. This would make Anna have the tenth highest fall speed.

Short hop height: 30
Between Ike and Peach. This would give Anna the 11th lowest short hop in the game.

Full hop height: 30
Again between Ike and Peach. 11th lowest full hop in the game.

Midair jump height: 30
Between Ryu and Peach. 11th lowest midair jump in the game.

Specials

Neutral Special - Double Bow

The Double Bow is a special bow that lets the user hit foes from both 1 and 2 spaces away. Anna knew a normal bow wouldn't cut it, so she came prepared with the best one money could buy. Like Link's bow, it can be charged, but this only effects damage and knockback, not distance! However, it can be angled! Anna can fire the arrow straight ahead of her, at a 45 degree angle in front of her, or straight up, and then it will fall back down in an arc. I've included a picture to more clearly get across how this works:
(I didn't think too much about distance and height and such. This is just to make the idea a little clearer.)
Imagine Anna standing where Lemmy is. Each arc represents the three paths the arrow can follow.

Side Special - Enfeeble

Enfeeble is a staff from Fates that inflicts -4 to all stats on an enemy. Anna takes out a staff and raises it to conjure a weird particular effect about one-and-a-half Battlefield platforms away. (The universal unit of measure in Smash, you see.) The hitbox is about the size of Bowser Jr.. She's clearly going back to her Trickster ways because this move doesn't do any damage or knockback. What it does is inflict a debuff. If the enemy is caught in the hitbox, their movement speed is reduced a bit, their attacks do less damage and knockback, and Anna's attacks do more damage and knockback. The effects last for 10 seconds, and a particle effect will stick around on the opponent to signify that they are debuffed. Anna will keep her staff raised and the hitbox active for about a second and a half. If the move connects, Anna will immediately cease this animation and can do anything. However, she cannot end this animation early herself, so, if the attack misses, then Anna is probably taking a big punish. Notably, this attack does go through shields! It doesn't stack, though, so if Anna hits someone with it, then hits them again before the ten seconds are up, then they won't get a further debuff and the timer will not be extended.

Up Special - Warp Staff

Anna quickly holds a staff up with both her hands and teleports with a Warp Staff. (Yes, of course the classic warping animation is replicated.) So it's like Mewtwo and Palutena's up-specials, but it doesn't start up as fast and doesn't go as far. Another difference is that hers doesn't put her into the helpless animation, so she can act out of it, but she experiences extra lag upon landing like how Bayonetta does if she uses a special and then lands normally.

Down Special - Vantage

Anna raises her axe skyward for half a second. If she's hit while doing so, the enemy triggers the skill, Vantage. When Vantage triggers, the skill-activation sound effect from the 3DS games plays (fshing!), and the Vantage symbol flashes next to Anna. The enemy then freezes in place, and Anna is given a quarter of a second to do one attack. It's most like Witch Time, except the amount of time the enemy is stunned doesn't scale. Also, after Anna hits them once, even if a quarter of a second hasn't passed, they are no longer stunned, unlike Witch Time. (To put into perspective how little time this actually is, Mario's fsmash hits on frame 15 which is exactly a quarter of a second.) Like other counters, it's very punishable if it doesn't connect.
Yes, it's a counter. BUT BEFORE YOU WALK AWAY, I thought it would be cool to implement a skill into Anna's moveset considering how big a part of FE they are. And Vantage, one of the more iconic skills, is one of Anna's default skills in FE Heroes, so I think I should be forgiven.

Grounded Normals

Jab1 - A quick slash with a Silver Dagger with her non-axe hand. The animation is like the thief/assassin attacking animation from Awakening.
Jab2 - Another slash in the opposite direction
Rapid jab - Repeated stabs with the dagger into a finishing stab
Jab3 - Anna gives a quick twirl into a slash with her axe for the third hit

Foward tilt - Anna steps and stabs forward with a Silver Lance. It has quite a bit a range and decently quick, so it's a good poking tool as one would expect, but only the head of the lance has a hitbox.

Down tilt - Anna does a low swing with her axe. It's a vertical combo starter like Corrin's down tilt.

Up Tilt - Anna thrusts a Silver Lance straight up. It goes very far up, but only the head of the lance has a hitbox, so it does not hit to the sides of Anna. Low startup and decent knockback, but enough endlag that Anna will generally get punished if it misses.

Forward Smash - Anna does the strongest axe strike she can muster, somewhat reenacting the classic Fighter animation from the GBA games. Her slam is so strong that she lifts herself off the ground, so it has a lot of endlag, but only as much startup as Cloud's forward smash.

Up Smash - Anna pulls out a tome, gives a page a quick glance, then holds the tome straight up. After a little less than half-a-second of start up, it unleashes the powerful fire spell, Bolganone. Anna holds the tome up high enough that there are no hitboxes beside her, but the hitbox of the explosion above her is large and strong.

Down Smash - Anna continues to show off her prowess with all weapons by using the dark tome, Waste, a tome in Awakening that allows the user to attack twice in succession. Anna quickly pulls out the tome and casts the dark spell in front her and then behind her in quick succession. The first hit links into the second hit, like Cloud and Mii Gunner's down smashes. It's her weakest smash attack, but also her fastest. It's her only smash attack that hits before frame 15, thus it is the only smash attack she can connect after landing Vantage.

Aerials

Neutral air - Anna does a circular swing with her axe starting from the back of her head to her feet. Most of the hitbox above Anna sends people to the side and slightly up, while the hitbox at her feet sends people almost straight up. It's decently fast and has low knockback as it is meant to be a combo starter, and it doesn't have as much range as her other axe-based attacks.

Forward air - Anna does a quick slash with a dagger starting slightly above her and arcing in front of her. It doesn't have much range or knockback, but it's fast and great for continuing strings.

Back air - Anna does a backwards slash with her axe going upward from her legs to her head. (Picture Marth's back air.) It's decently quick in both startup and cooldown, has decent kill power, and sends opponents away and slightly up. The hitbox is only at the head of the axe

Up air - Anna raises her axe behind her head and swings above her with both hands. It is pretty strong, and has as much startup as Ike's up air. The hitbox is only at the head of the axe

Down air - Anna does a downward strike with both hands like Ike does with his sword. It's a a strong spike with not much startup and a bit of cooldown. The head of the axe goes decently far below Anna, but the hitbox is only at the head of the axe. The handle has a hitbox that does barely anything.

Throws

Grab - Anna holds onto opponents overhand like Peach does, and has a smug expression on her face while doing so.

Pummel - Anna knees opponents to pummel them. When she pummels, a little cha-ching sound effect plays.

Forward throw - Anna quickly swings her axe almost like a golf club to hit the opponent away. Anna's throws generally don't lead to any guaranteed follow up hits, and they don't kill until incredibly high percents, and thus are just for damage and positioning.

Back throw - Anna does Peach's back throw because it's hilarious.

Up throw - Anna pulls out a Brave Lance and hits the opponent twice to send them straight up.

Down throw - Anna throws the opponent into the ground, sending them up and behind her.

Final Smash - Triangle Attack

Anna lunges forward a set distance, and anyone she touches is transported to an area surrounded by three Pegasus being ridden by Anna and two of her sisters, and they unleash the classic Triangle Attack. Before Anna lands her finishing blow, an Awakening-critical hit animation plays and Anna says one of a few lines:

"This one's on the house!"
"Slashing more than prices!"
"Cha-ching!"

Various Animations

Entrance Animation - Anna kicks open Rift Door and jumps through it while saying "open for business!"

Standing: Anna puts her finger on her chin and sways her hips back and forth like in Awakening
Idle 1: Anna puts her axe over her shoulder and gives a bored expression
Idle 2: Anna pulls out a smart phone and taps it. There's a random chance of her looking excited, sad, or angry before putting the phone away.

Taunt 1: Anna looks towards the camera while doing her pose and giggles.
Taunt 2: Anna smirks, puts her axe into the ground, puts her hand on her hip, and snarkily says "maybe you should take a break."
Taunt 3: Anna pulls out a weapon (from behind her back because she's a wizard) to inspect it, and she grins and her eyes widen. The weapon is randomly selected from the following:
Tyrfing​
Mystletainn​
Sieglinde​
Alondite​
Raijinto​

KO quote: Like how Robin and Corrin will sometimes say a line when they're KO'd, Anna will sometimes yell "Careful with the merchandise!"

Victory 1: Anna leans back onto a huge sack of money like in her official Awakening artwork and says "Come again!"

Victory 2: The camera zooms in on Anna's head while she does her pose and she says "Another happy customer."

Victory 3: Anna is seen walking away with two treasure chests held between her arms, turns her head, and awkwardly stares towards camera.

Lose: Anna claps but looks annoyed while doing so.

Color Swaps and Alternate Costumes

Anna's base costume, her Heroes outfit, would have a few recolors of it's own: one where she has dark blue hair to match Alfonse, and one where she has blonde hair to match Sharena. The rest of her costumes would be her outfits from her other appearances!
- Her Shadow Dragon outfit, and a recolor of it that makes it match the Thracia outfit.​
- Her Path or Radiance outfit (which is more less the same outfit as in the GBA games), with a recolor of it that makes the outfit light-blue and makes Anna's hair dark green. (I couldn't resist, sorry.)​
- Her Awakening outfit, and a recolor of it that changes her hair color to dark blue like in the Hot Springs DLC chapter.​
- Her Fates outfit, which also has a recolor of it that changes her hair color to dark blue, again like a DLC chapter (that was never localized but WHATEVER.)​

Last edited:

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I'd love to see a Fire Emblem character that uses more than one type of weapon. I theorized that Chrom could suit that purpose, but poof; he's an all sword echo now. It might be for the better that Fire Emblem doesn't get anymore characters for a little while, but people also underestimate the variety within the franchise and it would be nice to get more robust fighters representing Fire Emblem. A character like Anna that switches between axes, lances, etc and looks good doing it would be great.

DerErlenkonig

Smash Cadet
She's probably my favorite FE character, so I'd love to see her make it somehow. Consider me a supporter.

I severely doubt it'll ever happen since we already have so many FE reps, but it would be great.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Big time support! I love her in all her appearances and I love using her in Awakening and Heroes. To me if there's one glaring omission from the FE side of Smash, it's her. I might also support Celica and others but my heart belongs to Anna. At least make her an assist trophy!

NineS

Smash Lord
I'd love for Anna to be in Smash. Finally, someone who doesn't just represent a single Fire Emblem game, but Fire Emblem as a whole. They could go in any direction for Anna, too. That's what makes her so great. She's a literal jack of all trades. They could make her a lance user, an axe wielder, another sword fighter, a mage, an archer, a thief... Or they could go wild and give her a moveset composed of every Fire Emblem Weapon class just because she's the type of person to hold those exact weapons and supplies.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Nice to see their is still support for Anna. I still feel like there are several ways they could go making a moveset for her.

I know I'm beating a dead horse at this point but sometimes I can't help but agree with the complaints that Fire Emblem's representation in Smash could use some diversity. I am happy Fire Emblem gets to have seven reps in Smash Ultimate (and Chrom and Corrin are still going to be some of my mains) but does all of them but one needs to be a sword wielding lord? Do we really need main protagonists like Roy, Ike, Chrom, Lucina and Corrin there to represent Fire Emblem when we could easily have other popular and iconic characters like Tiki, Hector, Azura and especially series mascot Anna herself there to join Marth and Robin and still get both different weapon types and have characters from different eras of the franchise shown in smash?

Imagine if Pokémon always went with a grass, fire, or water starter from the newest generation for reps (though they kind of did that with Greninja and it seems like they might do it again with Decidueye/Incineroar) instead of picking popular favorites like Mewtwo and Lucario. Apologies if this is coming off as a rant.

Nonno Umby

Smash Lord
NNID
Nonno_Umby
Switch FC
SW 5218 5477 4500
I just found this thread, please count me in as a supporter, Anna is my most wanted FE character!

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
About a week late talking about it but sadly Anna missed the roster once again though it is understandable since Fire Emblem already has 7 playable characters (with all of them holding a sword in some fashion) and I have to keep reminding myself that the smash devs usually pick characters that are the main protagonist/playable character from their home series. Though at least Anna from Awakening is a Spirit character from what I heard though I haven't seen an image of her or any other official statement of that yet.

Though recently Sakurai confirmed on twitter that they just finished picking characters for DLC so I can still hope that they could have picked her as one of the five DLC characters especially if they are really feeling for another Fire Emblem rep. I know a Three Houses rep is more likely but I still kind of wishing that Sakurai will fake us out like he did with Piranha Plant and make us think a Three Houses protagonist is being chosen because he knows that we know that they tend to pick the upcoming FE protagonist (like Roy and Corrin before) and then go on to reveal Anna instead as one the new DLC characters (with her Three Houses attire no less). That is the dream for me but they are totally going to pick Edelgard aren't they or even worse a Heroes OC.

Last edited:

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
I'm a little bummed she isn't an Assist Trophy, but I'm pretty happy that FE got any new ATs period.
And she is indeed a Spirit. She showed up as a silhouette in a live stream.

unknown.png

Meaning she can be used as an avatar on WiFi!
If the DLC characters are indeed going to be more focused towards marketing than the main roster, then I guess Anna's chances are a smidge higher than zero? But still pretty much zero. They wouldn't prioritize FEH over Three Houses. Oof.
But I'll keep hoping nonetheless~

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
I'm a little bummed she isn't an Assist Trophy, but I'm pretty happy that FE got any new ATs period.
And she is indeed a Spirit. She showed up as a silhouette in a live stream.

View attachment 176462

Meaning she can be used as an avatar on WiFi!
If the DLC characters are indeed going to be more focused towards marketing than the main roster, then I guess Anna's chances are a smidge higher than zero? But still pretty much zero. They wouldn't prioritize FEH over Three Houses. Oof.
But I'll keep hoping nonetheless~
Who do you think she posseses as a spirit? My guess is Lucina or F!Robin with a coin battle (if those are still in) or with "Anna" having infinite items or something like that.

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Who do you think she posseses as a spirit? My guess is Lucina or F!Robin with a coin battle (if those are still in) or with "Anna" having infinite items or something like that.
You fight a team of seven red Lucinas in a Coin battle who have increased knockback like when you fight Fighting Whatever Team, and you have to get more Coins than all of them combined.

Vickand

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Vickand
You fight a team of seven red Lucinas in a Coin battle who have increased knockback like when you fight Fighting Whatever Team, and you have to get more Coins than all of them combined.
That's a great idea for Anna's spirit, just one thing, in what stage? I'm thinking Golden Plains would be perfect.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
That reminds me, does F!Robin still have Awakening's Anna color scheme from Smash 4 or have they changed it because I don't think Robin was playable in any of the earlier demos so most of their alternate colors are still unknown. Because if so then F!Robin would probably be the person that Anna's spirit possess should she get a spirit battle dedicated to her.

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is incredible.

I really, really hope we see this now. If we can't have a playable Anna, this is the next best thing.

PsySmasher

Smash Hero
Switch FC
SW 8231-8239-3130
That reminds me, does F!Robin still have Awakening's Anna color scheme from Smash 4 or have they changed it because I don't think Robin was playable in any of the earlier demos so most of their alternate colors are still unknown. Because if so then F!Robin would probably be the person that Anna's spirit possess should she get a spirit battle dedicated to her.
F!Robin does have a red alt, however unlike in Smash 4, her hair is now blonde instead of red. Not sure why they changed it, but it is something to take note of.

(And yes I do support Anna! She's one of the most entertaining and versatile characters in Fire Emblem. If Nintendo wanted to represent the series as a whole, she would be the best option, hands down.)

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
This is part of why I'm actually quite excited for Spirits. Anna may not be playable (via inside her own physical body), but she can still possess Lucina and/or Female!Robin to do so.

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Probably not likely to happen but considering Anna's spirit is based on Awakening it would be cool if she was able to upgrade to her Apotheosis self.

Starblax

Smash Apprentice
I really wonder if instead of Edelgard they'd go with Anna and promote Heroes instead of 3 Houses.

Doubt but I want her in so bad lmao

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Something I discovered from the leaks from people getting the game earlier so I will put it in a spoiler box just to safe but...

Anna is apparently one of the shopkeepers running the Spirit Shop! Sadly this most likely means this a confirmation she won't be a DLC character but frankly I can accept this (the news alone actually has me hyped and a Fire Emblem DLC character was never a guarantee anyways) because at the very least Anna now gets to have some kind of role in a Smash Bros game no matter how minor it is (being a shopkeeper is what she does best after all) and it is better than being another trophy/spirit that most people would most likely glance at once and possibly ignore afterwards. So yeah, I am happy Anna at least gets something in Smash Bros

shrooby

BRoomer
NNID
shrooby
3DS FC
2320-6364-8294
Something I discovered from the leaks from people getting the game earlier so I will put it in a spoiler box just to safe but...

Anna is apparently one of the shopkeepers running the Spirit Shop! Sadly this most likely means this a confirmation she won't be a DLC character but frankly I can accept this (the news alone actually has me hyped and a Fire Emblem DLC character was never a guarantee anyways) because at the very least Anna now gets to have some kind of role in a Smash Bros game no matter how minor it is (being a shopkeeper is what she does best after all) and it is better than being another trophy/spirit that most people would most likely glance at once and possibly ignore afterwards. So yeah, I am happy Anna at least gets something in Smash Bros
This makes me a lot more excited than it probably should.
I don't think I've ever been so hyped over something so insignificant lol

warelander

Smash Journeyman
Anna is also a player tag icon:
Anna.png

All things considered, I'd say Anna is pretty well off this time around, even if I'd love for her to be one of the DLC charas after all.

Last edited:

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024
Was just about to point out that Anna has a player icon but someone already posted it. I eyeballed the list of other icons and saw Megaman EXE, Soma Cruz, F!Corrin, Azura, Lucario, Ivysaur, and Male and Female Pokémon Trainer all look nice as well. It's going to be hard for me to decide who to choose as my player icon but I think I will go with Anna regardless.

-Nesta-

Smash Cadet
NNID
oNESTAo

Is there any actual footage of this?

NSSKG151

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lucaruto151RedX
3DS FC
1092-1616-4089
Switch FC
SW-4128-7335-9024

Flyboy

Smash Hero
This is so great. I haven't run into her yet but this is enough to make me smile. Love that my girl got her chance in a way.

MacDaddyNook

Smash Lord
Found her

Every time I leave that shop, I keep hear her voice saying the "Come back soon" line in my head. I think I've been playing Warriors too much since she says that every time you get one of her Mementos.

Top Bottom