• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada Melee: SFU - Rotunda V2.0 -LOCATION UPDATED!

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
The power rankings are obviously wrong.
I mean, blowtoes isn't even on there.

booshk

Smash Lord
guys lets get on this tv problem, actually ! considering the tournies in 1 week... i can bring a setup as usual, but seriously we only have 2 tvs right now?

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Well, that's not so bad considering there are only 6 of us going...

I'm probably not gonna go if we have just a smashfest-type tournament. I'm rushing from this to a birthday party, but a smashfest like this isn't worth it. It's studying I could be doing...

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I wanna try and go to another tournament.

You guys really do need to get on sorting out the tournament though. The TV issue had no excuse last tournament, and if you guys got on that problem better, it would've ran a lot smoother with less bumps. We had a tournament in the Okanagan a week before the last one at sfu, and we had 3 tvs the whole time with people only sitting out matches if they wanted a break. We even had a big number for the okanagan tournament, at 11 people, and the tournament (other than an bracket making hiccup or two) ran smoothly and according to plan. We organized what we had to organize for, got people hyped and confirmed, and then had a good tournament because of the planning that went into it.

So step it up Van. You got this!

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Idk if I'll bother going unless more people are and we have a couple more TVs. Let's do this!

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord

You guys really do need to get on sorting out the tournament though. The TV issue had no excuse last tournament, and if you guys got on that problem better, it would've ran a lot smoother with less bumps. We had a tournament in the Okanagan a week before the last one at sfu, and we had 3 tvs the whole time with people only sitting out matches if they wanted a break. We even had a big number for the okanagan tournament, at 11 people, and the tournament (other than an bracket making hiccup or two) ran smoothly and according to plan. We organized what we had to organize for, got people hyped and confirmed, and then had a good tournament because of the planning that went into it.

vancouver vs okanogon money match

Metà

Smash Master
News update on the event that Yakal mentioned earlier:

it was cancelled

I'm going to see if I can get the atrium booked. However, it's likely I won't be able to stay the whole time. We'll have to sort out the details on that.

booshk

Smash Lord

the tournament ran fine, and events were finished on time. we just had no warm up time.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
the tournament ran fine, and events were finished on time. we just had no warm up time.
Event ran fine because tournament matches were pretty all that people were getting to play during the bracket and eric, adam, myself, manuel and possibly a few others were calling matches to keep the bracket moving steady /because of/ the lack of TVs. I know I didn't get to play nearly as much as I wanted to, and my point I'm trying to make is that more TVs = more smash and you guys just need better organization in order to achieve that.

Roby: I'm down, but everyone else in the Okanagan is vegetating and I don't think they're coming to the coast any time soon. ):

Bwmat

Smash Ace
I'll attend.

again, if anyone can guarantee me a ride there/back i can bring my ****ty white tv and possibly an lcd

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
If you are seriously interested in going to Genesis, let me know. Gonna try and help organize BC's participation and help with figuring out how to get people down there. Drop me a message on my profile or private message so I don't miss any posts. Also tell me what mode of transportation you're prefering. Flight, carpool, train, etc.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
alright time to step it up in attendance list.. there will be at least like 16 people no worries ;)

13 CONFIRMED

now I expect EVERYONE to bring their GC or Wii to this tournament!! As for TV's.. bring one if you can, but if your taking the bus I understand if you don't.. I will bring more TV's and it looks like Evan will help us with that for getting TV's...

Liberate are you coming to this tournament?

Micheal is back in the tournament..

Bwmat

Smash Ace
don't listen to him. He knows that if you come you'll knock him out of the bracket.

Metà

Smash Master
Update:

I got the MBC atrium booked, which allows me to use their 3 TV's again. People should still bring TV's if they can though, cause it's nice to not have to wait to play. Also, bring cubes

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Update:

I got the MBC atrium booked, which allows me to use their 3 TV's again. People should still bring TV's if they can though, cause it's nice to not have to wait to play. Also, bring cubes
That's so good. 7 TVs is looking possible now.

Top Bottom