• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada Melee: SFU - Rotunda V2.0 -LOCATION UPDATED!

Diakonos

Smash Lord
I think we're all a bit disappointed by the last tournament.

We should do our best to step it up this time and help this community thrive again!

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Yeah definitely.
I think I might leave a TV at Keith's, since I stay there everytime anyways.

Daltsy

Smash Rookie
Hi Vancouver. This is on my girlfriends birthday weekend, so I wont be able to make it. Regarding April, the last day of exams at UVic are the 21st - is it the same ish for mainland universities? (dont answer me personally... its food for thought for everyone and esp the TOs if your going to try and plan a tournament in exam month, which I think we SHOULD cause if i'm not mistaken ERRC leaves after April?).

On a related note...Victoria usually has a car that comes to the tournament. Most of the time (like last tournament), there was enough room for 1-2 TV's/setups. Heres the problem. Every trip we take, we give at least a weeks notice that were coming on the boards and ask for housing. Things are hectic and solved last minute, and I usually get at least one text from a vic smasher whose ready to call it off because they dont want to risk sleeping on the streets (not calling anyone out, and of course, we appreciate the effort by those who help us with housing each time<3)

tl;dr:

Obviously nobody wants to pay for TV's to come (at least from victoria), and we want to keep the tourney pot as big as possible. Instead can we compensate/motivate Victoria to showup/bring tvs/setups by coming up with a solution to this housing issue? I know this is situational and a lot of the community isn't in the position to help, but we can all hold hands and sing and participate in brainstorming together over smashboards.

On that note, Victoria has a group of up to 5 people coming to this, housing ideas?

Daltsy

Smash Rookie
To clarify, I'm hoping someone who has the resources to reliably house us (and/or okanagan when they come) will step up. Erics house is not readily available anymore, and Roby doesnt have his burnaby place anymore.

?

ShinerCCC

Smash Cadet
I can probably ask Poutine to house Alex20 and myself again but that's only 2 of us. Noobking can probably only stash 2 or 3 people. Shouldn't we get something more reliable going?

alsoooo I could bring a bigass TV to this, bus or not. It's kind of bulky but I can handle carrying it a bit. I need to get jacked and tanned anyway

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Naw, I have no where to house people. My old place was pimp, but that's over.

we can all just trip ballz in the forest until sun rise.

Sion

Island of Horizon
i'd house people, but i have asian parents

also, no car, no bus.

i usually walk to tournaments

Daltsy

Smash Rookie
Im tired of trippin' ballz in the forest..

hmpf!

roby lets just renovate your garage into a smashatorium and have tourneys there $_$

xXx-NoobKing-xXx

Smash Hero
I don't think you guys get it...

Roby's is DONE. FOREVER. :(

I'd offer to house people but I have a roommate and it'd be up to him. I'm sure he wouldn't mind a terrorbird + tim + AJ combo or something like that though.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
Im tired of trippin' ballz in the forest..

hmpf!

roby lets just renovate your garage into a smashatorium and have tourneys there $_$
haha tim :bee:

if we all drop ____ amount of stuff, the trees will talk to us and say we can plug in our tv into those "very special" flowers over there.

edit: lol but all seriousness, i hope you guys find a place to stay where a bunch of us can chill

Daltsy

Smash Rookie
edit: lol but all seriousness, i hope you guys find a place to stay where a bunch of us can chill
loooooool

agreed.

but i mean... this is still PRY far away so, so we dont need to start seriouslies talks for another week... m i rite?

also i forgot... SHOUTOUTS TO SION... told you i would shout to you/triple my post count. this smashboards thing isnt that bad actually.. once you get used to how... useful it is.......

roby/adam koke kombo... hopefully you guys can get in on wherever were housing... me and terr0rbird are ready to team MM you guys. only rule is no eggz'in it. gotta have the fund$ before the match starts... sorry brewhaws

Yakal

Torquasm-Rao
loooooool

agreed.

but i mean... this is still PRY far away so, so we dont need to start seriouslies talks for another week... m i rite?

also i forgot... SHOUTOUTS TO SION... told you i would shout to you/triple my post count. this smashboards thing isnt that bad actually.. once you get used to how... useful it is.......

roby/adam koke kombo... hopefully you guys can get in on wherever were housing... me and terr0rbird are ready to team MM you guys. only rule is no eggz'in it. gotta have the fund$ before the match starts... sorry brewhaws
evan and I will team MM you and terror
:c:c:c

Diakonos

Smash Lord
Does Evan still check these boards? I'm wondering whether he's able to help out with TVs and stuff for this tournament.

Sion

Island of Horizon
the tournament actually ran okay with 3 tvs

but no warmup = no business

and i don't warmup with doubles lol

and hi, tim! i see you workin' on that post count. it's good to see that you're actually around LOL

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
Seriously guys, help me make it to this.
Not only do I have a TV, but I have a recording setup.

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
dude you donated to smashboards WHY. no johns now, you can come to this tournament.

honestly, im way to greedy to help you get here. ask keith he is ballin

booshk

Smash Lord
i mean the tournament ran fine.... but some of the most fun i have at tournaments is friendlies... and i need friendlies to get me matchup ready :c

yeah doubles is stupid
my tech skill still sucks after doubles >_>

brennan ur bawling man just comeee

booshk

Smash Lord
sorry dude i'm saving up money cuz im going to asia in the summer lool and im buying a really expensive jacket so i have to save as much as possibleee LOL

booshk

Smash Lord
lol no, a visvim varsity goretex jacket

but yeah no, hope you come brenman : D

edgeluca

Smash Lord
NNID
Edgeluca
3DS FC
2879-0257-1267
I think I'll be able to.
-bank loans- looool
So what do you intend to do with this loan?
I'm gonna play smash

SpaceFalcon

Smash Lord
They might check the power rankings, how will they know you can earn it back at the tourney?

Top Bottom