• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Canada Crew for Genesis!!

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Heres what we need!

Team Captain
List of players
8 member crew with 2 alts. (non finals)
10 member crew with 2 alts (used for finals).

Who should be our team captain?
How shall we determine our list with a Country that's just too big? :p
Out of the people who are going to Genesis let's have a rough idea about who's in our crew eh?

DISCUSS! :bee:

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Captain: Ally

Members:
Holy
KingAce
Ambrose
Percon
JL
Nickcam
NikoK

Chester??
Mikey??

I'm not sure who's comfirmed for it, but I'm pretty sure that those top 4 are going for sure (and are our 4 best players), and Niko is going for sure LOL.

Also, I don't know the Montreal scene too well...

Sanu

Smash Champion
Is the event regional crews or draft crews? Pperhaps they'll allow for a WC Canada crew and an EC Canada crew separately, considering that's exactly what they do in the US <_<; (i.e, WC v EC v Midwest etc.). That way, more players from Canada can be included in the crews event.

Someone should query the members of DBR to find out if that's possible ^_^

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Sorry but there is no way wc brawl players are even close to ec ones.
We like, actually have a thriving competitive community for the game, while for the wc its a joke.
Its no contest.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Nate, I keep forgetting about you because you're WC lol. You'd def be in the crew.

As for Melee...

KAGE
RAYNEX
VWINS
BAM
WC PPLZ
MORE EC PPLZ
RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAPE

Metà

Smash Master
Is the event regional crews or draft crews? Pperhaps they'll allow for a WC Canada crew and an EC Canada crew separately, considering that's exactly what they do in the US <_<; (i.e, WC v EC v Midwest etc.). That way, more players from Canada can be included in the crews event.

Someone should query the members of DBR to find out if that's possible ^_^
I don't think that's a good idea. The crew will likely be dominated by EC, but we should just go with the best in Canada, regardless of where they're from. We definitely don't have enough WC players going to make a solid crew, and I really doubt that EC can accomplish that on their own either. Sure, everyone wants to play in crews, cause it's fun, but in the end isn't our goal just to try to win this for Canada? Dividing it by region only lowers our chances, unless everyone coming from EC is better than the best players we're bringing.

tl;dr: quality over quantity, no point in dividing by region unless it increases our odds of placing high

Sanu

Smash Champion
... unless everyone coming from EC is better than the best players we're bringing.
No hard feelings, but ...

1. Bam
  2. Kage
  3. Vwins
  4. PKM
  5. RaynEX
  6. KirbyKaze
  7. Unknown522
  8. Europhoria
  9. I.B << Assuming he goes
  10. Chesterr01 << Assuming he goes

... that was exactly what I was saying <_<.

Metà

Smash Master
And you don't think Blunted_Object10 ranks anywhere in there? FalseFalco, MikeMonkey, and NoobKing are also good.

You're hugely underestimated us, especially since we've got several months left to go.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Just play at Genesis and see who actually shows up and then decide based off matches at Genesis because Youtube and 3-year-old tournament results are pretty freaking fail as a standard to judge.

I only suggested me and Unknown because Unknown makes bracket when he's in the states and I did too at RoM, and we both placed very well vs Quebec (minus Bam) at FFYF. And Bam did very well at whatever he went to in WC. Similarly, we both did very well when they came into town for Starfurry 3 (although Unknown got wrecked by a gay bracket).

If it turns out Blunted or whoever is better than me or Unknown or I.B then we'll pick accordingly. This topic is dumb.

edit: I almost feel it would be more worthwhile to try to make everyone play because we have no chance of winning at all whatsoever but sure maybe we could try succeeding anyway it might be funny.

Metà

Smash Master
There you go, KirbyKaze gets it!

In reality though, I think we should figure it out beforehand, cause aren't crew battles on the first day? Either way, we've got plenty of time. At some point though, we need to do like, a small EC vs WC crew battle (though we'll get owned cause we'll be out several of our best players).

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
Or we could just play each other and decide because a whole shitload of factors influence the outcomes of crew battles and you'd be weighed down by weaker people you wouldn't normally bring if you're missing your best players? That makes more sense to me.

Sanu

Smash Champion
And you don't think Blunted_Object10 ranks anywhere in there? FalseFalco, MikeMonkey, and NoobKing are also good.

You're hugely underestimated us, especially since we've got several months left to go.
The same can be said for you guys then, you're underestimating EC, haha. It's not like everyone I listed will show up anyways. Regardless, I was just trying to sell the idea of two separate crews but it looks like I hit a nerve :laugh:

In summary: I won't underestimate your players until we send them home with some major butthurt. Until then, no assumptions can be made!

Tyson651

Smash Lord
The same can be said for you guys then, you're underestimating EC, haha. It's not like everyone I listed will show up anyways. Regardless, I was just trying to sell the idea of two separate crews but it looks like I hit a nerve :laugh:

In summary: I won't underestimate your players until we send them home with some major butthurt. Until then, no assumptions can be made!
falsefalco and manli sent pkm and kage home with some major butthurt at cast4.

Blunted_object10

Smash Master
Well I haven't played Ontario in FOREVER (like 2-3 years ago?) and Quebec I know is too good;)

But I can tell Ontario has gotten **** LOADS BETTER since last time I played them.. and I believe it would be close to who's better between us...

Anyway I plan on going to Starfurry 4 (Quebec has gotta be there though;) ) or another tournament in the next month or two.. so hopefully we can make some decisions off that! ;)

In all honesty here it is clearly obvious in my opinion that EC > WC Canada which most people should know.. just look at the results and how well some people do in big USA tournaments!

I will make a random list of what I think the list will be if all the people make it to Genesis...

For Melee!

1. Vwins
2. Kage
3. Bam
4. Raynex
5. Blunted_Object10 (I think I should be in there somewhere:p)
6. KirbyKaze
7. PKM
8. Unknown522
9. FalseFalco
10. ummm Chestur01?

I believe for sure that Manli or Dieslow would be in there for sure, but I'm pretty sure they are not going to Genesis.. :(

See I don't really know but EC Canada from what I have seen/heard have gotten pretty amazing since last time I played them... Which we will hopefully see at Starfurry 4 or some other tournament in EC soon;)

EDIT: by the way I love how this thread got sticked and lots of people posted and showed interest! :D

Metà

Smash Master
lol Sanu, I've never underestimated EC. We all know you're better. But I really doubt that your lowest ranked players are better than our highest. It's possible but not likely, considering how much experience some of our players have.

that and what tyson said about pkm and kage, lol

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
i've lived in both parts of canada. EC and WC... East is better but most of the players underestimate the WC players since WC players dont travel much to the EC for tournys. with the exception of blunted_object. if i was to make a top 10 for canada, this is what it'd look like:

Quebec:
-bam
-vwins
-kage

ontario:
-raynex
-kirbykaze
-unknown

alberta:
-falsefalco

BC:
-blunted_object10
-dieslow
-manli

Sanu

Smash Champion
i've lived in both parts of canada. EC and WC... East is better but most of the players underestimate the WC players since WC players dont travel much to the EC for tournys. with the exception of blunted_object. if i was to make a top 10 for canada, this is what it'd look like:

Quebec:
-bam
-vwins
-kage

ontario:
-raynex
-kirbykaze
-unknown

alberta:
-falsefalco

BC:
-blunted_object10
-dieslow
-manli
XFD, did you not see the results for FFYF2?

chocolate thunda

Smash Cadet
i did, but i was tryna divide the regions up evenly with the best players from all areas. instead of being 7-8 EC and 2 WC inna crew.

EDIT: Manli placed better than pkm at cast4, and he also beat kage in singles. i have concidered chet/pkm/ and I.B. they are all great players... but i'd still put dieslow and manli in my top 10 over the other 3.

Lib3r4t3

Smash Ace
I disagree with it being stupid. Surely we need to play eachother first to truly etch out a proper team, but it's good to get basic ideas first. Get a base team together and refine it once we can play eachother.

edit; btw, i suck, but I'm jsut adding to the discussion.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
While it is true that we've got something to gain from general discussion, the fact of the matter is that neither coast actually knows how good the other is atm. We're completely in the dark as to one another's skill levels and so any discussion is going to be pretty much lol wut and useless. I guess we could swap dream lists if that's what people want to do; if that's the case then I should probably exit this topic because I've misunderstood its purpose entirely then.

Re:Kithkin

Smash Cadet
All I can say is despite Cast4 results which are fairly recent, Kage is beast mode right now, he's definately in canada top tier.

But yeah, he did lose to a bunch of WC at cast4, don't underestimate. etcetc

TyrantWolf

Smash Lord
Sanuzi's list basically as the starters team and blunted as the back up. We could use a Falco I guess. Unless Sanuzi goes beast mode and takes that spot, then yeah lol.

We can even rename the crew to "East Coast Canada"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Sanu

Smash Champion
Sanuzi's list basically as the starters team and blunted as the back up. We could use a Falco I guess. Unless Sanuzi goes beast mode and takes that spot, then yeah lol.

We can even rename the crew to "East Coast Canada"

:laugh::laugh::laugh:
ibdrama
ibadnanlynching

Metà

Smash Master
well, hopefully blunted object actually goes to starfurry 4, so he can show you all what west coast is capable of

also, worldjem is coming to my tournament next month, so he'll get to play us too

Know what's a funny coincidence though? both players are named Eric, lol

Top Bottom