• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Can anybody explain to me, WHY AM I SEEING COMPLETELY STUPID CHARACTER IDEAS?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
he'sa not saying that wiseguy. hes saying that hes angry at the rash of frankly idiotic suggestions. master cheif and pauline for example. pauline has only been in two games and was replaced by peach as far as the mario series, who has surpassed her in every way. so there is no reason to put pauline in save for an alternate costume

and someone comment on my balloon fighter moveset plz

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Already done Jables, read my last post.

Ok, now that the amount of posts per minute has decreased dramatically, I think I can bring up a very touchy issue.... Sonic. Face it, Sonic is like the Mario of Sega. I grew up on Sonic, I lived Sonic, I breathed Sonic. However, as of late Sega has been, dare I say, a complete douche bag. All signs point to 'yes' on his inclusion, but then again, Sakurai can really be a jerk sometimes lol.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
that was a late edit i didn't notice it. and i could see the suggestion for that up b, since in the game if you pressed b i think it was he would continually flap his arms. i don't know though im just spit balling here

tirkaro

Smash Champion
Balloon fighter moveset-

jump- balloon fighter has multiple jumps equal to the number of kirby jumps while he has two balloons out. if one is popped he can only do half the number of kirby's jumps. if he has no balloons out he can only do one jump. he spawns with 2 balloons

B moves-

b- ball lightning, basically this works as sort of an air mine. when summoned it remains stationary in the air until an opponent approaches, it then homes in on said opponent and does not stop following him until it makes contact. when it makes contact it does 5% damage. now this doesn't seem like much but it also stuns the opponent as if they had their shield broken. only 3 ball lightnings are allowed on the field at the same time, and you can't summon another one until 5 seconds after the first one.

b>- flipper, balloon fighter throws out a flipper in front of him, bout as far as mario throws the flipper in melee. from there it acts exactly like the flipper in melee.

bV- fish of doom, balloon fighter throws a large fish onto the stage. the fish then flops around, causing knockup similar to DK's VB, and doing 5% damage to anyone who lands on the fish. the fish stays on the arena until knocked off. the fish can be knocked off by repeatadly throwing items or projectiles at it, it has the same weight as bowser.

B^- pump up balloon, what balloon pump does is pump up another balloon on his back. this can only be used if he doesn't have 2 balloons out already. it takes 3 seconds to pump up a balloon. also, the move can't be used until 3 seconds after the first pump.

A moves
-
for the majority of balloon fighters a moves he uses something he calls " the pin". it is a silver stick sharpened at the end resembling a simple spear. it is the size of a yard stick. this is of course in proportion to BF's size. i will post them more in detail later

alternate costume-
alice from balloon kid
his B attack sounds a tad overpowered if you ask me :/ It should at least remain stationary, or have less stun time. I like the idea for the pin though. but it shouldn't be too overused in his moveset. BF should have more variety than that.

blackaneseboy07

Smash Rookie
he'sa not saying that wiseguy. hes saying that hes angry at the rash of frankly idiotic suggestions. master cheif and pauline for example. pauline has only been in two games and was replaced by peach as far as the mario series, who has surpassed her in every way. so there is no reason to put pauline in save for an alternate costume

dude...kill your self for your signature...who the F*** is starfy... i like the bomber man though

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Wow... 6 years already?

Anyway, those characters weren't new in the least, only their forms. I can see Olimar getting in, it's just his chances don't really seem to be >50% for me. His fanbase would be the smallest of any character so far(again, disregarding Pichu), so IDK, I guess I'll wait to find out. Valid points though. Ima buddy you =>
His fanbase will the smallest? I'm not sure I know what you mean. I think a lot of people like him but just don't know enough about him to discuss. A lot of people's problem is the fact that they never picked up his game. Puzzle/strategy games like those aren't for everyone, but they were both very fun games. I don't think anyone who's played through those successfully would be opposed to Olimar being in. With most other people, I think they just see him and think "what could he do?" And truthfully, the answer is nothing. But, the key to it all is the incorporation of the Pikmin, and those possibilities are endless.

Personally, I'm anticipating him being in, and depending on how he plays, I could see me using him a lot.

dude...kill your self for your signature...who the F*** is starfy... i like the bomber man though
>_<

Care to take this, tirkaro?

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
ok that is a little out of the blue. if you don't know who stafy is then plz go an visit the stafy for brawl thread, and you will learn all about him. thx for the Bman support and is there anything else on my sig you don't like? please let it be known that i will never change it for anyone other than myself, i just want to know why i should "kill myself" over a sig

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
his B attack sounds a tad overpowered if you ask me :/ It should at least remain stationary, or have less stun time. I like the idea for the pin though. but it shouldn't be too overused in his moveset. BF should have more variety than that.
and if it remained stationary then it would act pretty much the same as the flipper. although i can change the stun to maybe 4 seconds. now as for the pin it will probably be used for his ariels, while his ground moves will use hands, feet, and a fish.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
Balloon fighter moveset-

stats-
weight- 3/5 (no balloons), 1/5 (two balloons)
power- 3/5
speed- 3/5
defense- 3/5

jump- balloon fighter has 7 jumps while both balloons are inflated, and only 4 when 1 is inflated. if none are inflated he only has the standard 2 jumps.

B moves-

b- ball lightning, basically this works as sort of an air mine. when summoned it remains stationary in the air until an opponent approaches, it then homes in on said opponent and does not stop following him until it makes contact. when it makes contact it does 5% damage. now this doesn't seem like much but it also stuns the opponent for 3.5 seconds. only 3 ball lightnings are allowed on the field at the same time, and you can't summon another one until 5 seconds after the first one.

b>- flipper, balloon fighter throws out a flipper in front of him, bout as far as mario throws the flipper in melee. from there it acts exactly like the flipper in melee.

bV- fish of doom, balloon fighter throws a large fish onto the stage. the fish then flops around, causing knockup similar to DK's VB, and doing 5% damage to anyone who lands on the fish. the fish stays on the arena until knocked off. the fish can be knocked off by repeatadly throwing items or projectiles at it, it has the same weight as bowser.

B^- pump up balloon, what balloon pump does is pump up another balloon on his back. this can only be used if he doesn't have 2 balloons out already. it takes 3 seconds to pump up a balloon. also, the move can't be used until 3 seconds after the first pump.

A moves-
for the majority of balloon fighters a moves he uses something he calls " the pin". it is a silver stick sharpened at the end resembling a simple spear. it is the size of a yard stick. this is of course in proportion to BF's size. i will post them more in detail later

alternate costume-
alice from balloon kid

edit- sorry for double post and this is an updated moveset

tirkaro

Smash Champion
dude, kill yourself for making such an irrevevant and noobish post.

clarkJables- his B attack is now a lot better. I wonder how the pin would work on characters like jigglypuff or kirby :/

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
about BF B attack, floaty character can never be overpowered, even if their attacks all had the strength of a hammer or baseball bat, floaty characters will never be top tier material. They are the greatest mind gamers though.

Anyways, I would love to see Olimar in, but I wouldn't want a moveset based completely off Pikmin. Since when has a fighter only had long range attacks that are usefull*coughcoughPEACHcoughcough* /saracasm.
Yes, Olimar has potential, but how easy it would be to utilize is still in question. You never know, Sakurai made Marth with only 6 different moves/animations lol

Wiseguy

Smash Champion
Ok, Wiseguy, we don't need ANY more flaming for the next few weeks on this topic. 20 pages of flames was too much. Jackal brought up a valid point. Most suggestions seen on the boards are just plain stupid, or generic, or completely 'WTF'? Read the last few pages before you post again, get an idea of what our discussion entails.
Who's flaming? That was just sarcasim. And I was trying to make a point.

What harm does it do when people suggest character ideas that are "stupid and generic"? Why is it when people see a character suggestion they disagree with, their immediate reaction is to be offended or angry?

The beauty of freedom of thought is that every is allowed to form their own opinion.

Who cares if people want to suggest characters that have little or no chance of getting in Brawl? Let the Master Cheif or Pauline fans have their fun. There are thousands of other threads to post on if you feel so inclined.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well thank you for the positive feedback on bf. the "pin" will work very similar to lance, in that it will mostly be used for thrusting. it is only used in BF's ariels however. BF does use a fish from time to time in his ground a moves however

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
@Wiseguy: We just had a flame war of epic proportions here, not even any jokes plz

@Jables: Making a floaty sword/lance character? You f**king b*st*a*d. Lol, if he had something resembling a sword, was floaty, and had long range attacks, he would be banned. Cerealously, banned... 4ever.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
good thing he doesn't have a sword. he has a needle the size of a meter stick if that is what you are refering to, and that is only available in ariels

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Lol, yeah. Still though, you can not deny the bannedness of a long range melee attack(even if in the air) on a floaty character with projectiles. He would be... too powerful. I hated in the last 2 games how floaties could jump way above you(then Jiggs could rising pound 4ever)

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well if you feel that way i could down his power and defense down to cope with the amazing projectiles and range

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Lol, true, he is like the 9/11 of smash. Now we're going to have mom's telling us we're forbidden to smash. That's when I'll SHFFL her out of existence.

The thing about characters that can't combo is after a certain level of play, it's hard to improve much further. That is Samus' flaw, because face it, if Samus could combo any better Aniki would have killed us all by now. Phanna too.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I have to leave for Sea Fair in a while, but I still have some opinions on the subject. If a character was in adventure mode on Melee, they will not be in Brawl(excluding Bowser). No Koopa, Goomba, Toad, Octorok, and every other Mario villain.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
I don't see paper mario happening, even if he is a great mario rep and would have exclusive moves such as the hammer and ground pound. I don't think fawful will make it, seeing as most people I know have never heard of a game fawful is from before.

Can some other people put in some input? Not just the same 2 or 3 people.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
well if niether of those two make it then the roster will probably be just luigi, mario, peach, and bowser.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
it does actually, he has all of his hammer moves, his jump moves, his buddy abilities, his items from super paper mario, his super star moves.

ClarkJables

Smash Lord
yah, it does seem like they are just putting in peach, bowser, mario, and luigi. i can't wait to see luigi

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There are so many 'Maybe' characters, I'll make a new list for them.

MAYBES

Geno Seems pretty likely.
Daisy Peach costume or AT at best.
Doc Mario I seriously doubt the cloniest of the clones is returning.
Falco(plz) Seems pretty likely, IMO.
Dark Samus If Metroid gets more than 2 reps, then count on it.
All MPH Hunters ATs at best. There's no way to distinguish who is more important, and there's no way they'd include all six so...not happening. Ridley's first, then DS, but Metroid ain't gettin' more than 3 reps (sorry to say).
Mallow AT at best.
Baby Bowser Maybe Bowser Jr., but Baby Bowser won't appear at all. I'm quite confident in that.
Balloon Fighter Very likely considering his appearance in the Melee beta and the fact that Sakurai likes retros.
Olimar You'll see him. Count on it.
Zant Nope. Not important to the series, appeared in one game, and there are at least a couple better choices for reps of Zelda (especially villain reps).
Midna ehh...people say it's possible, but I say AT at best. Same story as Zant. (not important/one game/better reps)
Vaati Seems possible. I'm split though. This character has made 3 appearances, though; so that shows some importance to the series. It's possible.
Black Knight I'm not sure about this one. Personally, I'd say no because I think Marth will return and they need a different type of rep for the FE series. I don't see three sword-wielders from FE in the game, but that's just me.
Kind K Rool Same story as DS to the Metroid series. If DK gets more than 2 reps, count on K. Rool, otherwise, no. I personally don't think he will just because there are better choices of characters, even though I'd like DK to get more rep.
Megaman Seems pretty likely as the mascot of Capcom. If Capcom is one of the 3rd parties repped, MM will be in.

That's all for now, feel free to add more
Comments in Red.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
...This now seems the place to ask this.

Are King Dedede, Ridley, Krystal, Diddy Kong, Sonic, and Lucario (perhaps Megaman?) the most likely, and most agreed upon, newcomers?

Top Bottom