• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camping Fox

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yea, I want some tips, tricks or whatever it takes to give Peach a winning chance in this fight. I cant beat one. A really good fox I can beat. I have many times. But a camping one is another story. I know I am not bad at this match up. Thing is I cant use my brains on the match up against a camping fox. its all different. cant use what I know here. And I think this type of fight should be talked about. cause its like 2 different foxes. So how to handle this type of fight. cause I had enough loseing my chances for a tournament win all because of this. Before it was both type of foxes for me. Now its just camping.

trademark0013

Smash Champion
its a really annoying match up, i agree. fox out camps peach so hard. i dont have any solid strats, i jus kno u cant sit by and let damage rack up

when i play u i'm def gonna counterpick and laser camp :) i dare u to pick DL. lol

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
its a really annoying match up, i agree. fox out camps peach so hard. i dont have any solid strats, i jus kno u cant sit by and let damage rack up

when i play u i'm def gonna counterpick and laser camp :) i dare u to pick DL. lol
And i will drop the contoller and not wanna play you. its really annoying and its not fun to play smash anymore. and I dont like playing when fustrated. I play bad. until I figure this out somehow I am not gonna play a camping fox. and if I have to in tournaments, I'll pick some character i'm not good with and just get my lost over with and move one.

I seriiously dont like the fight and dont have patients fo one nether

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I know that but I mean in gerneral. I am Not fighting a camping fox in a friendlies. I like to have fun playing this game, not get annoyed to hell

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
wel if someone plays a laser campy fox normally, then ur screwed. lol.

u should use that anger in ur peach and jus attack them relentlessly

not mindlessly, of course. jus crazy
Tried it and failed. And I play terrible when angry when I get angry I quit my match and leave.

And yea I'm screwed Oh well.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
hm... i dont kno what to tell u then :( good luck getting answers
I'm Not rried about it too much. I expect the lost. I lost to every camping fox I ever played I just wanna get ranked as a Peach player. I dont think I need to win every fight to hit that goal

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
I have a Life you know. -____- '

Well I was talking to mike G and he told me he beat a camping fox. He told me what he did. hre is the chat I had with him. tis might help as some short of advice to this topic.

[16:41] outawshokker: u out camp him
[16:41] outawshokker: its funny how i did it
[16:42] outawshokker: like, i play super slow to make him think im easy to kill
[16:42] outawshokker: then when he mans up and comes closer, LOL
[16:42] outawshokker: its weird but i think of how wes does it
[16:42] outawshokker: then im good
[16:42] outawshokker: u get into his head'
[16:44] Dark Pch: I wish I knew how to do that
[16:44] Dark Pch: its so freaking annoying
[16:44] outawshokker: yeah, its hard
[16:44] Dark Pch: and he gets big stages like KJ64
[16:44] outawshokker: just make it seem funny
[16:45] outawshokker: just be like in ur head"LOL hes running away...from a harmless princess..and he has a gun"
[16:45] outawshokker: ok somthing like that
[16:45] outawshokker: so then u wont get annoyed
[16:45] outawshokker: cause once u get ticked off, u cant think straight
[16:46] outawshokker: trust me
[16:46] Dark Pch: which is what happen to me
[16:47] Dark Pch: I quit the match on him
[16:47] Dark Pch: I was too heated
[16:47] outawshokker: see
[16:47] Dark Pch: the game was no longer fun for me
[16:47] outawshokker: yeah u gotta out think him
[16:48] outawshokker: adapt
[16:48] outawshokker: thats the word

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Stop spamming this thread. your gonna get it close, stick on topic which I have still not much advice on yet

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
The best ideas I could think of:

1. Counterpick a small stage so that he can't run very far. (Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams)
2. Counterpick a moving stage so he's forced to keep up with the way the stage moves, and might have to cross paths with you to do so. (Rainbow Cruise, Pokefloats)
3. Learn to powershield at least 75% of the projectiles. It's harder to laser camp if you're taking more damage from it than they are.
4. Learn a different character for this matchup. Rumor has it that Fox counters Fox. ;)

slikvik

Smash Master
**** MD/VA. I have no region. no really...
Stop spamming this thread. your gonna get it close, stick on topic which I have still not much advice on yet
heres something chinesah told me when i was playing his fox. stay in his face at all time just out of range and attempt to make him mess up/ bait attacks/predict what hes gonna do. punish every mistake. chaingrab.

dash attack and dtilt can combo into a grab and you can go ahead and chaingrab from there. ftilt can too but the move sucks

i also like retreating bairs or retreating downsmashes

honestly, do what im gonna do. find a really good(campy) fox player and play with him constantly till you get sick of him. youll have learned the matchup after a while

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
The best ideas I could think of:

1. Counterpick a small stage so that he can't run very far. (Yoshi's Story, Fountain of Dreams)
2. Counterpick a moving stage so he's forced to keep up with the way the stage moves, and might have to cross paths with you to do so. (Rainbow Cruise, Pokefloats)
3. Learn to powershield at least 75% of the projectiles. It's harder to laser camp if you're taking more damage from it than they are.
4. Learn a different character for this matchup. Rumor has it that Fox counters Fox. ;)
I approve with all expect #4 ;)

heres something chinesah told me when i was playing his fox. stay in his face at all time just out of range and attempt to make him mess up/ bait attacks/predict what hes gonna do. punish every mistake. chaingrab.

dash attack and dtilt can combo into a grab and you can go ahead and chaingrab from there. ftilt can too but the move sucks

i also like retreating bairs or retreating downsmashes

honestly, do what im gonna do. find a really good(campy) fox player and play with him constantly till you get sick of him. youll have learned the matchup after a while
Interesting. I just lose patients and dont think

Starz is mad good. Have you been trying YS?

-Brookman on friend's account by accident X_X
I never fought him there. But I also hear its bad to fight foxes there, right brookman? ;)

And to me he is good at camping. Up close I can take him

Alejandro_P

Smash Ace
-Jumping Neutral air
-Turnips
-Tech chase them because they will always tech away.
-Rinse and Repeat.

It's funny, I love foxes who camp because they are scared of getting hit so the mess up a lot and just get hurt for like 2 fast stocks. Shrug I like fighting fox as of late.

ALSO, lawl at who said Rainbow cruise/Pokefloats vs Fox, might as well give up that match.

Just take em to Jungle japes, and ****.

Also stars is good and knows how to play, so it's not just him camping.

trademark0013

Smash Champion

actually, these stages are still campable, esp the later parts of rainbo cruise :(

play starrs over and over again untill u figure it out. i jus did that with the fox matchup in general and figured out so many starts, including a very smexy gimp :)

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
You can totally beat Foxes on Rainbow Cruise. I've 3 stocked Dope there and 2 stocked Wobbles.

CanISmash

Smash Lord
Elmont LI, Queens. Philadelphia during semesters.
lol i remember playing stars a long *** time ago and i couldn't even get close enough to spit on em with peach. hell yeah campings annoying. another strategy is dont stress the laser damage. make your moves strategic. eat some lasers. move closer. stand still. watch for the jumping... e.g. if there just sitting there jumping up and down and lasering. get yourself in a good position. and once you get a hit..... hang onto his nuts. dont let em go. if your just dashing head on to them its easy for the fox to sca-doo away.

thesage

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4957-3743-1481
Drk. Peach the last thing you want to do to get better at a matchup is not play it. You learn the most while playing. If you get pissed during the match, try to calm down and think about what's pissing you off so much. Yeah he's camping, but Fox's projectile doesn't inflict stun, so you should be able to still move around and approach/ look like approaching him. Or you can try to jump around and dodge his laserz and pull a turnip and throw them at him/ approach with them...

The advice given to out camp him was really good. Remember to always think while you play. Don't just mindlessly combo.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
I'm not saying they aren't campable (any stage is, really). It'll just force him to do something different at specific points of the match.

Nasanieru

Smash Journeyman
Mindgames son.
Read their attacks, mislead them when they try to read you. Most of the Fox players I play CAMP, maybe not as good as "Starz" though...Turnips along with faints followed up by retreating with a bair when they move works. Stay above the rapid fire level when you float. DD with empty SHFFLs will confuse if you do it correctly. Sorry if this doesn't help. . .

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Try learning the habits you like to do while a Fox is camping, then try to think of more random things to do at those times. You can also just repeatedly do the same thing in a match that is relatively safe to get them comfortable, then change it up based on the most common thing they do to avoid it.

Niko_K

Smash Master
I find a good thing to do is get a friend to sit at the end of fd and spam lasers....find the perfect floating position to float over and start approaching from there...if fox sh's with a laser just ff into shied,....Unless the foxes Im playing are **** this strat tends to put pressue on them....

Top Bottom