• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Camping Fox

Samochan

Smash Master
I find a good thing to do is get a friend to sit at the end of fd and spam lasers....find the perfect floating position to float over and start approaching from there...if fox sh's with a laser just ff into shied,....Unless the foxes Im playing are **** this strat tends to put pressue on them....
>_> You do not pressure anyone when you sit on your shield, lol.

Either floathing over the lasers and approaching cautiosly, then retreating when they jump on you and punishing with aerial vidjo style, or coming semi-close while avoiding lasers and pull a turnip and throw it at them from either ground or air or from shield stops them from spamming for a tiny while if they can't escape due to stage restraints. On FD find positions where you can chase him and he cannot run anymore, so fox attacks and you can then evade and punish. On platform stages use the platforms to your advantage by djc/waveland on them and pull a turnip or approach from there. I think turnipses are good way to intercept foxes, on FD sometimes I just approach fox that spams and try to go to my other side, I just throw the turnip up or to my back, lol. Turnip damage varies from very small to very high, wink face does a bit more than regular ones (I think it was 4-6% for regulars and wink 10-12% or something) and dot makes at least 16%, so fox needs to laser quite a lot to catch up with that since lasers make only 2%. The lasers are not falco's lasers, if you limit yourself the option to move on ground as fox spams, fox knows this and by limiting your movement you also limit your options at punishing him when he makes a mistake, the core point of getting an upperhand against campy foxes. Avoid unneccesary lasers but do it so that you don't limit yourself from options like moving on ground.

I wonder if it would be funny against a campy fox, in the beginning of the set you just quickly jump up and float to the ledge and don't move, while fox pitiously tries to spam on the edge of the stage. I'd think the fox players patience would run thin quicker than peach player's. :p Just a funny thought.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Alright

I have D1 coming to my house in the morning to brush me up on fighting fox before this tournament so I should be in good hands

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Heh thanks.

Well At my tournament I manage to beat starz in friendlies twice. One was on FoD and the other I think was on ether dreamland or FD. I forgot. and I had to fight him in a tournament match. I got one match in. He counterpicked Corneria on me. I tottally forgot that its a major camping stage. I should have bann that but did not. I'll remember that for next time. I think I could have won that match with starz if I had banned that stage. cause any other big stage we played, I was able to handle him well and get some wins off. Next time though I wont make the same mistake.

Mr.Jaskolski

Smash Ace
Your probably a great Peach player but Fox has an advantage over every character in the game, he's the cheapest and the best it's not fair and I share your frustration. I've tried so many things to try and counter my opponent but nothing works. To bad they watered Fox down in brawl.....not!

Top Bottom