• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Call of Duty: Ghosts (It's so SPOOOOKY!)

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
ODIN, thanks for making this thread. I love you.

Anyway, playlist of gameplay videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ZakJWXnOM&list=UUCWJOD-PJiARMniJYpSkGGw

Overall, I think the new HUD looks like trash. Why do they feel the need to extend the radar out to the side? What's the point? And why on earth would you move the killfeed? It doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Somebody hold me. I don't like change D:

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Doesn't look like they're using the same 10 point system for classes.

The HUD is okayyyy. Bigger radar is nice, I guess, since I can see more of it at once. The shape is kinda odd though.

Not sure I like seeing your score at the top right like that. Also the kill feed was moved there. Which is whatever. I don't see why it was.

What are field orders?

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I'm going ****ing crazy right now. They announced a couple hours ago at Gamescom that Ghosts has dedicated servers for the Xbox One. Not sure about PS4 yet, but I'm going to laugh myself into a coma if they don't get the same treatment.

Online will always be online, obviously, but that's a HUGE step in the right direction. Hopefully that + no theater will make this game playable.

O D I N

Smash Hero
GameAngel64's house, getting my @#% handed to me.
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
ODIN, thanks for making this thread. I love you.

Anyway, playlist of gameplay videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u9ZakJWXnOM&list=UUCWJOD-PJiARMniJYpSkGGw

Overall, I think the new HUD looks like trash. Why do they feel the need to extend the radar out to the side? What's the point? And why on earth would you move the killfeed? It doesn't make a lick of sense to me. Somebody hold me. I don't like change D:

Doesn't look like they're using the same 10 point system for classes.

The HUD is okayyyy. Bigger radar is nice, I guess, since I can see more of it at once. The shape is kinda odd though.

Not sure I like seeing your score at the top right like that. Also the kill feed was moved there. Which is whatever. I don't see why it was.

What are field orders?
Field Orders are (as I'm interpreting them) challenges that drop from the top scoring player on the opposing team/first blood. They allow you to get a care package upon completion of said challenge. Challenge must be completed in that life, so they don't care over. For the event, I think they had them set to ODIN Strike 100% of the time. I hope that's not the case at launch.

Or maybe I do. It might be the only way a scrub like me can get one of those.

I'm going ****ing crazy right now. They announced a couple hours ago at Gamescom that Ghosts has dedicated servers for the Xbox One. Not sure about PS4 yet, but I'm going to laugh myself into a coma if they don't get the same treatment.

Online will always be online, obviously, but that's a HUGE step in the right direction. Hopefully that + no theater will make this game playable.

I'm kinda glad for lack of theater. It should make the game run better for me. I guess no D.Servers on 360 is fine. But I won't be getting an XBone for a while. Like, next year Halo 5 release.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
According to the "BIG QUICKSCOPERS", they say it's still doable, but different.

I doubt IW or even Tryarch is gonna get rid of it anytime. Sad, but what can you do.

On the plus side, us knifers/rushers can rejoice in the fact that MARATHON PRO UNLIMITED SPRINT IS BACK MOTHRA FUDDRUCKERS!

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
UNLIMITED SPRINT!?!?!?!?!?!

I might have to get this game now. ****.

Lol I think I see toughness huehuehuehuehuehue.

AND IS THAT PILL JUGGERNAUT?! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

BanjoKazooiePro

Smash Champion
I thought it was juggernaut at first, but I guess it regenerates your health faster or something after taking damage. Pretty useful, actually.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
I thought it was juggernaut at first, but I guess it regenerates your health faster or something after taking damage. Pretty useful, actually.

You'd think, except if you really get cut down as fast as these gameplays suggest, there is no point at all in running this perk.

Should've put 'shades' back in

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Hard to say.

The build they were using at the reveal didn't seem to have any. Most of the Pro effects from MW2 are separated into other perks now.

It also looks like my beloved A-10 Warthog is in Support. :awesome: I know they toned down the lethality of Support, but still. A-10.

>Lethal Killstreaks
>Support

Best game.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
You should have to do a three round qualifier session before entering multiplayer. That way, we don't have to cater to bad kids anymore.

First part is an IQ test.

DSTP

Smash Journeyman
Dedis in 3 weeks boys. Honestly, I just want to see how they handle. Hopefully not as dreadfully as GTAO did.

So there's been no hype for the game. Not sure if there will ever be.

O D I N

Smash Hero
3DS FC
4098-3123-8629
I will be getting the game at launch.

I know I say it every year. But this will most likely be my last CoD.

It's no surprise that I hated BLops 2, with it's lack of support and lag issues. Plus Vonderhaarhaarhaar is a chump, and I wanna punch him in his silly looking face.

That being said, I'm willing to give Ghosts a Solid Shake.

But not more than twice. After that, you're just playing with yourself.

Top Bottom