• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Presents: Brawl Tournament - Ashburn, VA - Mar 22, 08 -11AM (Online registration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tornadoflame

Smash Rookie
Hey Tope wassup. SOVA is really serious about getting into this strong. While I'm at C3 I will be studying hard. I won't ask questions until after and hopefully we can get practice in before then.

Jump20X6

Smash Apprentice
I'm all signed up online. I'll be there for teams (with B-Run) and singles. We both should be able to supply a Wii apiece as well.

(NYC)Fab

Smash Journeyman
Hey me and some boys from nyc are planing on going, but we will need a ride from md bus station if anyone can help us out we would be grateful my aim is youngfab268.

MagicalZelda

Smash Cadet
Lol *** this shiit, I'd rather go to Travis's tourney.

You got Venue fee's, Tourney fee's, this fee that fee, taking a shiit fee, prolly trying to swipe over $100 from my pocket.

Venue fee 10$ now? Whats up?

Just wait 'til this summer chu, venue fee will be like $50.

OffTheChain

Smash Ace
I may or may not come, kinda not sure I wanna just feed Azens pocket and I don't even own the game lol =P

Lol *** this shiit, I'd rather go to Travis's tourney.

You got Venue fee's, Tourney fee's, this fee that fee, taking a shiit fee, prolly trying to swipe over $100 from my pocket.

OMG, who is this man, mild? Lmao too good.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Gotta love the slippery slope argument here.

Obviously, since it goes up 2 dollars in a year and a half, by summer it'll go up 40 bucks.

Who knows, with the dollar tanking and all, by next Christmas you'll be paying your venue fee out of a wheelbarrow!

Who are you anyway?

Have fun at your 7 person tourney.

aho43

Smash Lord

Obviously, since it goes up 2 dollars in a year and a half, by summer it'll go up 40 bucks.

Who knows, with the dollar tanking and all, by next Christmas you'll be paying your venue fee out of a wheelbarrow!

Who are you anyway?

hope you're doing well @ Robin. i wonder if you have brawl + a wii?

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
hope you're doing well @ Robin. i wonder if you have brawl + a wii?
I already have a wii (well, it's my 2nd... my first died of electrical failure), and have brawl on preorder from Amazon.

I'm pretty sure I'll get to use an arcade stick this time... so look out.

Besides that, I'm doing well, making that cash, pwning n00bs.

Iwan

Smash Ace
I hope there is good competition at this. (people who have actually been playing the game for a couple months) Good luck to everyone attending.

*edit*

Leesburg is where its at.

MagicalZelda

Smash Cadet

Who are you anyway?

Lol son, you have no idea who you is dealing with.

Since you think you is the shiit, MM me. But unlike these lozers I don't MM with crap cash. My minimum is $50.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
it'll go back down to 8 bucks after this tourney i think its being hosted by gamestop and redbull thats why it went up 2 bucks >_>

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
Aight. $5,000 MM. Don't back out of it now. I'm not even joking.
You're going to bet 5 grand on a game of smash, with a guy you don't even even know.... WHEN YOU'VE WHINED ABOUT A TWO DOLLAR JUMP IN VENUE FEE? :laugh:

"wahhhh, you guys raised it two dollars!!!!!! Wahhhhh, my little brother is 393509825 times better than me!! Wahh, C3's so gay for trying to earn a profit!"

You're pathetic.

Repryx

Smash Champion
^^Dont mess with Renegade...He will put you up against M2K in your first tourney ever...I got witnessess lolz

-Ciao

MagicalZelda

Smash Cadet
You're going to bet 5 grand on a game of smash, with a guy you don't even even know.... WHEN YOU'VE WHINED ABOUT A TWO DOLLAR JUMP IN VENUE FEE? :laugh:

"wahhhh, you guys raised it two dollars!!!!!! Wahhhhh, my little brother is 393509825 times better than me!! Wahh, C3's so gay for trying to earn a profit!"

You're pathetic.
So you're backing out of our $5,000 MM? What a Pussi.

MagicalZelda

Smash Cadet
^^Dont mess with Renegade...He will put you up against M2K in your first tourney ever...I got witnessess lolz

-Ciao
Lol, let him. M2K don't scare me. I'm not a pussi, "oh no don't put me up against Azen or M2K 1st round."

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
So you're backing out of our $5,000 MM? What a Pussi.
You wanna know what's lame? Underachieving older brothers who have to misspell curse words all the time in order to insult someone.

Something else that's lame? People who, when presented with a superior argument that they have no retaliation for, INSIST on a money match. As if, by some grace of God, winning a Smash match makes your post LESS asinine. Win or lose, you are still an idiot.

Something I have a hard time believing? That someone who can't put up TWO DOLLARS more for a venue fee has the scrap to wager Five thousand....
Two dollars! That's.... TWO HUNDRED PENNIES! I'm sure you can find that in your ratty old couch. And you whine, whine, whine about the venue fee.

You do realize that Five Thousand... is 2500 times MORE than the extra 2 dollars you can't possibly pay to come to this C3 tourney right? I wouldn't want to send you to the poor house. Assuming you don't already live in one. I've definitely seen bums with more than 2 dollars in their handout cups. Maybe you could borrow from them?

Also, what REALLY takes the cake is that you're all about that money match! You're all set to throw down that five grand you can't possibly afford, you didn't once look at my signature or my location and figure out that I currently live in Iraq!

Good job genius!

I was certainly going to fly out of a war zone on a military plane, travel 6000 plus miles, just to MM you in Smash for your original offer of 50 bucks. Even 5000 wouldn't be worth it, as I'd have to pay over 3 grand for the flight as well as miss a week's worth of pay, which is a bunch more than the flight.

But wait... you can't even pay the venue fee. Why do I even bother?

My original post was to make you look like an idiot for complaining about two measly dollars. You have certainly one upped me in that category. No one could make you look stupider than you manage on your own.

MagicalZelda

Smash Cadet
I don't really have time to read long asss posts by noobs, go wastes someone else's time instead of telling me $5,000.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
^ As hilarious as the arguement is, can you guys take it somewhere else? ^

Also, don't forget if you bring a wii with brawl you get 5$ off venue fee.

The catch is that you have to stay until the Singles tournament is close to complete.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
^^Tope, clarify that last sentence?
he means if you bring a wii, go 0-2 in the team tourney and decide to bail... you don't get the discount.

You need to have your wii's there for the majority of the tourney.

Btw, tope, that's going to be impossible to enforce. You'll have to give the discount up front when they pay, and then you won't know who stays and how long.

That is a benefit of running pools, most people stay until the elimination rounds anyway.

Unless you plan on manually paying out 5 bucks later in the tourney, which is a hassle considering all of the other crap you'll have to do.

MiTNz

Smash Rookie
I've looked at the rules posted on here and checked the registration site as well, so if this has already been answered...sorry about that..>_>
I just wasn't sure if the speed was going to be set to normal or fast, I thought it would be normal seeing as how it wasn't specified, but I was just making sure.

UltraDavidSRK

Smash Cadet
I got Brawl and I plan to start playing it competitively, so, yay! I'm sure I'll be very crappy at first, but hopefully I'll get the hang of things eventually.

I'm already going to C3 for ST and maybe to the lockin the previous night (if there is one), and the SRK tourney thread says the entry fee costs $8. If I enter ST and Brawl, can I still just pay the $8? I don't plan to plunk down $20 just to enter a game I don't know yet.

Not that the extra 2-4$ doesn't make sense. It's being sponsored and there's free stuff available, so naturally it'll cost more. Outside sponsorship means something costs more money, not less, right? And something is free if it costs you extra money to get it, right?

Edit: Hey Robin, glad to see you're alive. You gonna be back for this one or the next?

joey19923

Smash Rookie
I've looked at the rules posted on here and checked the registration site as well, so if this has already been answered...sorry about that..>_>
I just wasn't sure if the speed was going to be set to normal or fast, I thought it would be normal seeing as how it wasn't specified, but I was just making sure.
im also really interested to know if its fast or normal brawl.
anyone know?

Fonz

Smash Ace
Tope, can you make having all characters, all stages, team attack and stage select a requirement as well? Wiis without those will be almost useless, and I know someone will manage to show up without that stuff =P

tornadoflame

Smash Rookie
Robin's Sooooooooooooo Hood lol.

If anyone in RVA or SOVA would like to go to FRXI this weekend please PM me. I have extra space in my vehicle. See everyone @ C3.

AkaGoodguy

Smash Journeyman
hmm, about random stages, will we have to random over and over until we get one of them?
cause as far as i know, there is no way to modify random stages, at least, not unless you unlocked all of them, and even then i dont know.

Renegade

Smash Journeyman
I also agree that there should be some sort of outlet for people who want to play in a tourney and NOT ban everything. You don't even know what's broke yet.

I mean, you're trying to grow the scene, right? Have new people come out?

How many new players play on only 5 stages, 1v1, with no items and no smash balls?

Like.. 0.

Perhaps there could be a separate side tourney. Double Elim, only 5$, items and finals set to low, almost all stages on random (no counter pick) (obviously PictoChat and WarioWare need to be off, but any level that isn't super duper hazardous.. even the big ones, left on)

I would be shocked if the results weren't similar in both tourneys.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Delphino Plaza and Castle Siege are being added to the random list.

All stages are open for counterpick at this time.

As far as a side tourney goes, I doubt we'll have enough time. The schedule is looking pretty strict.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom