• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Presents: Brawl Tournament - Ashburn, VA - Mar 22, 08 -11AM (Online registration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
how about you take castle siege off and put PS1 on. PS1 and frigate suck *** but i wouldnt mind them on neutral because they arent as gay as castle siege

Fonz

Smash Ace
Make sure to do events 19, 25, 28, play with DK, kirby, luigi, cfalcon, on melee stages, and pokestadium 2 enough times to get all those stages everyone!

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
castle siege is ****ty

ps1 is REALLY REALLY ****ty. like WORSE THAN MELEE ****ty.

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
yes but even worse. this happened to me with dk also.. ps1 shouldnt be neutral, people are just using their personal bias from melee...

also, the windmill is ridic

Plairnkk

Smash Legend
i cant decide if im going. t2, will u mm me also if i go? i might just wait til travis's jazz tho

T2theAJ

Banned via Warnings
Yeah definitely. I haven't been playing as long as importers, but I just want to see how well I can do.

thumbswayup

Smash Master
plank you gotta come to this, your fox will **** lol.

some stages should be banned from counterpicks cause i gotta say, i ****ing despise new pork city. that **** needs to be insta-banned.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
After further testing I'm taking castle siege off.

As far things not being available for counterpick (turned off) New Pork City, Jungle Falls, and WarioWare seem to be prime examples.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I like Castle Siege. But it's not the most neutral stage ever. I'd agree to it being a counter pick. Delfino Plaza is neutral. 6 neutral stages is the same as Melee.

And PS1 is gay as ****. The edges don't work at all anymore. You can't roll on a platform in the rock stage. The windmill blocks all fighting on the water stage. That stage is so gay.

SOMEONE TEAM WITH ME! I play Ike, Marth, Pit, and Lucario as of now. I play others, but I can't actually remember who they are.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'm not actually going to play in the tournament this time.

If you'd like me to watch a match, because of the stage, character, whatever feel free to call me over.

Just trying to observe and see what works and what doesn't, since Brawl is a new game.

Trizzy

Smash Cadet
That's disappointing news, I was looking forward to seeing some of your game. How about a couple of friendly matches? I haven't played you in a while, it'll be fun.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'm not actually going to play in the tournament this time.

If you'd like me to watch a match, because of the stage, character, whatever feel free to call me over.

Just trying to observe and see what works and what doesn't, since Brawl is a new game.
you are the biggest *** alive

industry

Smash Cadet
Hey, yall tell Dancing Fighter to get ready for me in SC3 & SC4.. may bring the Uof Memphis Team to slay the Rocky's.

UltraDavidSRK

Smash Cadet
I'm thinking about running a side tournament with most items and stages on, would anyone be interested?

Black Hayato PTA

Smash Cadet
I might head to this one. It depends if I have the means to get down there. Should be fun to see what people play now a days and how the NOVA people are in brawl. I just did the SOVA biweekly last weekend and it was crazy. Maybe Special k can come so we can bring our new team: Fancy Pants!

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I'm up for a cheap side tournament if there's time. Also, I want to bring a set-up (for the $5 off). I'm only going to keep it there and stay until the end if this thing runs on time. Last time I went to a C3, I had to leave early because we started singles 1-2 hours late (back in January). I want an estimated time this thing is ending and I don't want it to run too far over that time. If I do bring a set-up, it'll be a nice 20.1" widescreen monitor with 480p.

And also, just confirming, we can change our controls, right? I turned tap-jump off and I'm thinking of changing R to grab, but I want to make sure I can before doing that. I hate that Z button so much.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Control change is fine.

Latest time to run is going to be 10PM for now, I don't forsee it happening any later than that, unless we get a slew of people.

Don't forget the online registration on the first page. Saves you 2$ at the door and only takes a minute.

WHO ELSE BESIDES REBEL IS BRINGING A SETUP?

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also just another note

TOURNAMENT STARTS @ 11AM. Due to gamestop being involved I can't hold the tournament for those that are late. IF you show up later than 11AM without giving me prior notice you won't be able to enter teams, I'm sorry, but that's how it is.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
I'm bringing a Wii @ Tope. i have all levels/chars. do we have to pay online, or just register? because i think im registered now.

Aero

Smash Journeyman
Yes, I can bring a Wii with all levels/chars, but not a TV. How much does that save me?

Also --

The time limit is way too short. Six minutes for three stocks is ridiculous -- some matchups will definitely break that limit more often than not. Has anyone even tried playing with a six minute timer?

IMO, PS1 is neutral enough. The windmill is just a small portion of of the level, and yes, it's weird, but it really isn't that big of a deal. Also, getting Battlefielded under the right ledge of PS1 is really just all the player's fault. I know with FD I have to remember not to hold in when I try to ledgehop -- it's really just the same deal at PS1. But if it's not neutral, whatever. Not a big deal to me.

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Absolutely nothing. Actually, it should, since C3 has lots of TVs.

I'm late to the party

AND WTF ARE THESE RULES

I've already broken the time limit with lucario vs. pit on these same settings on FD, i don't want to see that on hyrule.

Regardless, G&W is gay.

Seriously, I get gayed less on PS1 than I do on lylat. you ust have to remember not try to ride up the side. PLus this time the camera actually gives you a good angle and you can see what you're doing. The windmill's the only annoying part.

RoyalRook

Smash Journeyman
I just registered my very very first tournament! Chu Dat is going to be there, so it should be way worth my time, thank god it's on a Sunday. It's around 2 hours drive for me, but still can I car pool with anyone? I don't know anyone from the tournament level anyway, need help and helps!!! Looking forward to be humbled, of course, of course.

P.S. Need a team mate, yea, smash bros is like a secret addiction of mine.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
3-5 NC guys are coming. Anyone have housing?
NC guys can crash at my place the night before if they want.

BRINGING A SETUP JUST MEANS BRING A WII WITH EVERYTHING UNLOCKED AND A COPY OF BRAWL, NO TV'S REQUIRED.

Also @ people complaining about the time, I've played literally nothing but 3 stock 6 minutes since getting the game, and I've never run out of time, not once. So if you're running out of time, someone is camping too much, or you're both bad at the game imo.

Also the issue is not getting stuck under PS1, it's altogether not grabbing it.

I'm sure after this tournament is done, I'll have an entirely new ruleset drawn out, or maybe not. Regardless this tournament will be a learning experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom