• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

C3 Presents: Brawl Tournament - Ashburn, VA - Mar 22, 08 -11AM (Online registration)

Status
Not open for further replies.

meepxzero

Smash Master
Yes, I can bring a Wii with all levels/chars, but not a TV. How much does that save me?

Also --

The time limit is way too short. Six minutes for three stocks is ridiculous -- some matchups will definitely break that limit more often than not. Has anyone even tried playing with a six minute timer?

IMO, PS1 is neutral enough. The windmill is just a small portion of of the level, and yes, it's weird, but it really isn't that big of a deal. Also, getting Battlefielded under the right ledge of PS1 is really just all the player's fault. I know with FD I have to remember not to hold in when I try to ledgehop -- it's really just the same deal at PS1. But if it's not neutral, whatever. Not a big deal to me.
6 minutes is fine. Longest game ive ever played was mayb 4-5 minutes?

Lobos

Smash Master
What time does singles start? I would do teams but I've barely done any team battles so I'm gonna stick to singles for now. If I make I'll bring my wii/brawl with full roster/stages unlocked.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
We typically don't have a set closing time, but everyone is usually out about an hour after the tournament ends.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I just registered my very very first tournament! Chu Dat is going to be there, so it should be way worth my time, thank god it's on a Sunday. It's around 2 hours drive for me, but still can I car pool with anyone? I don't know anyone from the tournament level anyway, need help and helps!!! Looking forward to be humbled, of course, of course.

P.S. Need a team mate, yea, smash bros is like a secret addiction of mine.
Don't want to break your bubble, but March 22 is Saturday (or at least my phone's calendar says so, since I've checked it 5 times just to make sure). If it were Sunday, I wouldn't be able to go. Gotta move back into the dorm room on Sunday.

http://objection.mrdictionary.net/go.php?n=2469273

And 11 AM? I'll be there on time. Anyone want to team with me?

Also, in terms of time, we've been playing 3 stock, 8 minutes. I'm not sure if this is necessary. We'll start doing 3 stock, 6 minutes to see if it works. But if it's 3 stock, 6 minutes, that's the same 2 minute per stock that Melee had. We should be able to do 4 stock, 8 minutes, if that's the case.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
4 stock is entirely too long in brawl.
You've got the same stock to time ratio as we did in Melee. If 4 stock is too long in Brawl, it was too long in Melee then.

I actually played a bunch today with 3 stock, 6 minutes, and the closest we had to the time limit was 1 minute left. And that was against a very campy Pit.

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
STOP COMPLAINING RGARGAGRARGARG

and on that note i'll br bringing my wii and such and be be registered online lulz

and maybe i'll start taking MMs when i get there haha

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Anyone out there wants to team? Rebel and I don't really want to team together again, it's getting boring.
I play luigi, GaW, Meta Knight, Dedede, Lucario, and Lucas for the most part, but I can go as a decent amount of other chars.

Tope

BRoomer
BRoomer
You've got the same stock to time ratio as we did in Melee. If 4 stock is too long in Brawl, it was too long in Melee then.

I actually played a bunch today with 3 stock, 6 minutes, and the closest we had to the time limit was 1 minute left. And that was against a very campy Pit.
I agree it was too much time in melee, I saw the time limit run out only on extremely campy players like Vidjo, Doll, and Cactuar and the entire match in every situation was disgusting.

The point of a time limit is to make the match end quicker, not purposefully try to run out the clock with stalling.

The average match time in melee was around 3 minutes.

Rebel581

Smash Champion
I agree it was too much time in melee, I saw the time limit run out only on extremely campy players like Vidjo, Doll, and Cactuar and the entire match in every situation was disgusting.

The point of a time limit is to make the match end quicker, not purposefully try to run out the clock with stalling.

Okay, works for me then. Cya tomorrow.

Ch0zen0ne

Smash Lord

Why am i oddly foreseeing a Campy Pit/Campy Pika going at it for like 12 mins >_>

on that note... i shall be here

/<33

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
Maybe you're having premonitions of playing against rebel? Pit==boring, long, unfun match by the end of which you will either throw your controller, curse loudly, or strangle rebel.

Drunken Luigi

Smash Rookie
Bull crap no one'll come if you gotta pay and why not do it over Wi-fi rather than in one room that you rented out.

Drunken Luigi

Smash Rookie
Bull crap no one'll come if you gotta pay and why not do it over Wi-fi rather than in one room that you rented out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom