• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
"Don't get hit" is probably the most relevant piece of advice towards getting better that I've ever heard in my life

Isai, you forward-thinking man you

Windrose

Smash Lord
I just wanted to post something to show you guys my signature.

EDIT: oh no...it's all cut off...god damn it!!

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure uthrow -> usmash from Fox on Falcon should not work at low%

I've seen s2j get out of it many, many times where i still get hit like a scrub

is it an issue of timing or do i just gotta mash out a jump?

Windrose

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure uthrow -> usmash from Fox on Falcon should not work at low%

I've seen s2j get out of it many, many times where i still get hit like a scrub

is it an issue of timing or do i just gotta mash out a jump?
Wiggle out of stun so you can jump out earlier.

gravy

Smash Ace
I think that you're correct nintendude, the point if wiggle out is that you don't have to waste your double jump.

Zhea

Smash Ace
So my question is how does wiggling work? Does it work like mashing out of grab? It wouldn't make much sense because down would cause you to fast fall and up would cause you to jump. Can you mash A and B to assist in it?

Windrose

Smash Lord
My bad with the terminology. Wiggle out of tumble and you can jump out before eating that nasty up smash.

I don't think you can do it at 0 though. You have to accept that one.

gravy

Smash Ace
Zhea it's just the same motion as dash dancing quickly. Windrose, you can jump out of tumble so out wouldn't need to wiggle out, if anything wiggling out would allow you to airdodge to avoid things.

gravy

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post, but does anyone know why I have so much trouble cc grabbing? I always jab instead...

j00t

Smash Champion
I'm pretty sure no one is going to care about double posting nowadays... :p

This is a contributive post.

Zhea

Smash Ace
You are in the transitory animation between crouching and stand, which causes z to jab instead if grab. I thin. Tou can jc it, if all else fails the beginning of your shield animation will by pass it .

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
Yeah I think Zhea sounds right. It's a really frustrating problem. :/

RedGamer

Smash Ace
sorry to break into the convo, but I just wanted to say hi :3
I'm curious as to when everybody picked up falcon.
i first decided to main falcon sept 2008.
I decided to learn falcon seriously around june 2011,
and I started playing falcon against people feb 2013. now he's a strong secondary.
also FALCON!!!

gravy

Smash Ace
I'll have to try it. And as far as playing falcon, I've always mained him, I started playing this game May 2012

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
NOW I need IC's help lmao

So yeah, long time training partner of mine has gotten good enough to go toe-to-toe with me, probably even edges me out in the IC's-Falcon MU. I'm a lot worse at getting safe hits on shield without getting shield grabbed than I remember.

Stuff I remember killing me in the MU was WDOOS -> jab -> grab when I tried to do aerial on shield -> run away. In general, I feel like I got hit with jab -> grab way more than I should have. I also feel like I'm not spacing against them properly in terms of stage positioning.

I feel like I'm giving the IC's way more space than I really need to and it forces me to do deep aerials that I really probably shouldn't do. Also, I get shield-grabbed more often than I prolly should, but maybe I'm just flubbing late aerials hard.

Gonna work harder on mashing out of grabs lol

Aggromidget

Smash Apprentice
NOW I need IC's help lmao

So yeah, long time training partner of mine has gotten good enough to go toe-to-toe with me, probably even edges me out in the IC's-Falcon MU. I'm a lot worse at getting safe hits on shield without getting shield grabbed than I remember.

Stuff I remember killing me in the MU was WDOOS -> jab -> grab when I tried to do aerial on shield -> run away. In general, I feel like I got hit with jab -> grab way more than I should have. I also feel like I'm not spacing against them properly in terms of stage positioning.

I feel like I'm giving the IC's way more space than I really need to and it forces me to do deep aerials that I really probably shouldn't do. Also, I get shield-grabbed more often than I prolly should, but maybe I'm just flubbing late aerials hard.

Gonna work harder on mashing out of grabs lol
Well, Chu Dat has recently attended a Melee tournament and came second to m2k, taking a set. Don't underestimate the wavedash, jab to grab. It's similar to fox's drill, shine, grab in terms of pressure.
I've heard that side-b is good on the IC's shield, but this is from listening to commentaries, and I don't know of it's certain.
I remember that Mango went in as Falcon against Wobbles and used knee to separate the climbers.
Bear in mind that IC's have one of the best wavedashes in game, so beware of the wavedash back, jab to grab.
I reckon grabbing (as falcon) should be used more. Run up grab, if you miss, jab. If you get grab, instantly d-throw. D-throw since it puts a protective hitbox in front of you. Ideally, you grabbed Popo, so it's harder for them to retaliate.
Hopefully I gave you some ideas.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
Pretty much all stuff I already knew haha

But some of it gave me some good reminders. Ah, who knows, I'll find out next time I play IC's

Zhea

Smash Ace
A majority of it is running away and punishing them fior how flloaty and slidy they are.. Well spaced knees will their neutral. While it's not a falcon vid I do suggest people watch cactuar vs chu, as he will show you the mentality you need for this matchup

BTmoney

a l l b e c o m e $
Pretty much all stuff I already knew haha

But some of it gave me some good reminders. Ah, who knows, I'll find out next time I play IC's
I **** with you ziodyne for having that avatar, that's mostly why I'm writing this comment lol.

and I'd watch gucci vs wobbles and mango vs wobbles from kings of cali 2. That's all I can say. I've never even fought an ICs
In regards to Falcon in general the most helpful generic advice I've ever gotten other than dashdance grab is never get shield grabbed, ever.

Ziodyne

Smash Ace
I **** with you ziodyne for having that avatar, that's mostly why I'm writing this comment lol.
Hope that's a good thing lmao

and I'd watch gucci vs wobbles and mango vs wobbles from kings of cali 2. That's all I can say. I've never even fought an ICs
In regards to Falcon in general the most helpful generic advice I've ever gotten other than dashdance grab is never get shield grabbed, ever.
yeah, i've been checking out ****ton of s2j vids, a whole bunch against fly and a few sets against wobbles.
probably will check out mango vs. wobbles again though now that you mention it

j00t

Smash Champion
I hate it every time someone says this:

From what I've seen you just knee, gentlemen, raptor boost and don't get grabbed

when talking about Falcon vs. ICs. Any falcon who follows this advice is going to get dominated...

Top Bottom