• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
S2J vs SS and also Hax vs Fuzzyness happened in Genesis 2 losers bracket, that's all I can remember as far as recent history goes.

Morin0

Smash Lord
I'm not sure if Mango is considered a top level Falcon but I saw him playing Falcon dittos with s2j at the tournament in Santa Barbara. I don't remember if it was LS or LF.

:phone:

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
I'm not sure if Mango is considered a top level Falcon but I saw him playing Falcon dittos with s2j at the tournament in Santa Barbara. I don't remember if it was LS or LF.

:phone:
That set was pretty cool. And Mango is obviously a top level Falcon considering he beat S2J.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Mango's a top level everything. You can make a good case for him being the current best: Fox, Falco, Falcon, Mario, and probably several other chars he's messed around with too

Warhawk

Smash Lord
Yea, on the tournament stream Mang0 was even bragging about how he can play every character really well except Mewtwo and Bowser. Arguable as the top Fox, Falco, and Mario and probably a top 5 Sheik, Falcon, and Marth player.

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
the problem with me is i can auto-pilot and do well vs good players.

unless they are playing falco. speaking of which - i have this huge problem where i just auto pilot. even in tournament matches i do well in. lately this seems like its not a problem at all and has helped me play completely reactive.

my question to you guys is do you just auto pilot or think a lot when you play? (especially you s2j)
I auto-pilot when I'm sober. When I'm under the influence of something, I actually watch my opponent and react instead of just trying to shove my gameplan down their throat.

Does anyone else enjoy Falcon dittos? I don't.
They're kinda fun, but I think it largely depends on who you're playing with. If you're screaming and yelling every time something cool happens, then it's really fun. If you just sit there and clack clack clack, just play Sheik and have more fun/win. Imo, anyway. :D

Damn...s2j is dropping some sun tzu art of war stuff on the falcon boards.
It's good info that a lot of mid-level players completely overlook, tbh. They just want to kill and do damage, rather than observe and manipulate.

make sure your opponent is facing the window on a sunny day and they won't be able to see the TV as well... lolz
omg ur liek the red baron of smash bros

falcon vs peach, jiggs, marth, sheik are all even.

falcon vs fox isn't bad at all either. i'd argue certain stages are only 45-55. falcon vs falco on the other hand looks more like 65-35 on so many stages.

then it comes down to how falcon does vs people like doc/mario/ic/luigi and he even does well in that department.

stop complaining about matchups and get good until you beat everyone who you are better than minus falcos.
Falcon vs Sheik is even?

Damn, I need to get to CT and smoke that ****. It's obviously better than CO greens.

i sometimes hold down on purpose-- just for like a hit or something-- during peach's dsmash so that i can pick which direction i get hit. idk if that actually works, as i don't play peaches *that* often but it feels like it does
It does, and it's really irritating when people realize it and take multiple hits so that it doesn't kill them/set them up for an edgeguard. Don't share this information. :|

tru lol

especially against peach, though

i honestly can't see any peach beating him except like, armada, though.
Damn, he's improved that much?

I need to get my *** to AZ.

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Damn, he's improved that much?

I need to get my *** to AZ.
He has actually improved a lot.

He's not quite TAJ/Forward/Axe/Wobbles, but he's the best in AZ behind them despite my existence :glare:

...and he's just a monster against Peach.

He like, consistently 2-3 stocks Silly Kyle (SK is actually pretty good despite the fact that you've probably never heard much about him), he 3-0'd MacD (all 2-stocks), he 4-stocked Light, etc etc

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
He has actually improved a lot.

He's not quite TAJ/Forward/Axe/Wobbles, but he's the best in AZ behind them despite my existence :glare:

...and he's just a monster against Peach.

He like, consistently 2-3 stocks Silly Kyle (SK is actually pretty good despite the fact that you've probably never heard much about him), he 3-0'd MacD (all 2-stocks), he 4-stocked Light, etc etc
Damn, wtf. I mean, it's one of my least favourite MUs as Peach, but holy wow. Imma have to play that guy ASAP to see what all the noise is.

I mean, I have Sheik and Fox for vs CF, but still, damn.

I watched a few vids of SK a month or so ago when Fish was bragging himself up. He's pretty decent, it looks like.

If he's that comfortable with the MU and knows about my tricks then I might get 3 stocked. :(((( :))))

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
Jesus, I need to watch some recent matches of him, I didn't realize he was that good. Like that's ridiculous. Is he like really good at utilizing the character advantges in the matchup?
this was a year and a half ago

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
To be fair, MacD seemed to be playing kind of badly. But yeah, GG7 seems really good vs her.

ORLY

Smash Master
yooooooo drunk post

falcon is the best character in the game

but **** all the top tiers

Twinkles

Smash Lord
serious discussion to revive these boards

what is the best drunk post you or someone you know has ever written?

SonuvaBeach

Smash Lord
Toadster after a bad session cured by a lot of drinking made these posts...
Started this thread hahah:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=14302411#post14302411

Big Michigan Thread:
Hey guys wht a tup you guys want some macroin and cheees? I cna mke some mactoni and cheese i just wneed some kmore cheese
And in the Midwest Melee Thread:
oh my ****ing god andray you suck ad maylay lets tem piaku and donky
thanks ****inging god gsomebody has gfaith in the donky okng
y r you guys so ****ing hoorible at lmeelle

InterimOfZeal

Smash Champion
Probably 55-45 but you get the point. I'm saying this after playing with Mew2King for the last 48 hours.
oh, see, you need to play a good player, then

LOLOLOL

Nah, but that's weird. Any reason why this changed? Does Falcon suddenly have responses to perfect tech-chases/easy easy EASY edgeguards/tilt spam/aerials that come out significantly faster than almost anything he has? Is it just the theoretical "he can 0-death her", or whut?

Cuz I've always used Sheik to gauge CF players and determine if I need to Peach or Fox vs them later.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
No one techchases perfectly + smash DI on jab is very doable
Falcon edgeguards Sheik just as hard if not harder than Sheik on Falcon
Tilt spam - this is the stuff you're supposed to be baiting, not running into
Fast aerials - jumping Sheik is Uair bait, why is this even an issue

The matchup is hella annoying (which is probably why so there's so much whining) but it's really not that bad as long as you don't just run into tilts like a tard

kyaputenfarukon07

Smash Journeyman
Yes so broken lol
He is apparently or he is said to have...

Faster the Falcon
Ganon Uair, Fair, Bair have knee electric effects and power
Low Lag Moves
still be able to use both Falcon and Ganon tricks
Ganon Fall speed
a chain grab

shadrach kabango

Banned via Warnings
I mean, I guess M2K and Zoso aren't good players then.
zoso is not a good player. he's an average player.

Nah, but that's weird. Any reason why this changed? Does Falcon suddenly have responses to perfect tech-chases/easy easy EASY edgeguards/tilt spam/aerials that come out significantly faster than almost anything he has? Is it just the theoretical "he can 0-death her", or whut?

Cuz I've always used Sheik to gauge CF players and determine if I need to Peach or Fox vs them later.
people's problems with "matchups" is that playing vs certain characters emphasizes certain nuances over others.

for example a lot of falcons don't have perfect timing off uthrows v a sheik or a marth. if you can't knee sheik from uthrow at 60% or w/e it is every single time then you're gonna get exposed. but that has more to do with the falcon's lack of skill than an inherent deficiency in the matchup.

and the falcon death combos on sheik are far from theoretical. at low percents you dthrow to tech chase. at middle percents you uthrow and chain nair/uair and/or bait second jumps with dash dancing. at middle-higher percents it's a knee to grab the ledge to another knee or a stomp/reverse knee if you so choose. he even has shield pressure on sheik due to the frame advantage from kneeing her shield.

the hardest part of the matchup from falcon's standpoint is not getting CC grabbed.

as a sheik main whose played johnny and wes' falcon extensively (and just from 6+ years of experience in the scene as sheik v falcon) the matchup is 50/50 imo.

stop johning about matchups and get better at the game

Top Bottom