• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

D

Deleted member

i don't think fox is falcon's hardest unless in a vacuum/ playing mangos fox

D

Deleted member

fox is easier than falco you chuckle ****s

==

hey what do u guys think about a weekly match commentary? could be my match or someone elses

tarheeljks

Smash Lord
i sometimes hold down on purpose-- just for like a hit or something-- during peach's dsmash so that i can pick which direction i get hit. idk if that actually works, as i don't play peaches *that* often but it feels like it does

Twinkles

Smash Lord
Hey guys, hopefully to restart discussion when anyone gets on, can we discuss Marth matchup

specifically, i'm having trouble with marth close to the edge
he dance dashes far enough from the edge that hes not in incredible danger of being pressured, but is close enough that a dthrow is really gonna fk me over

im not sure how to approach him at that point
if anyone would like to throw out a suggestion or revive something from scar's thread, that would be most appreciated

Nakamaru

Smash Master
If he is hanging out around the edge that doesn't mean that you have to go near him. You can try to lure him closer to the middle of the stage.

Marth v falcon is very momentum based. So you have to play with way to slow down his momentum, get momentum back yourself, or just slow/speed up the game to your comfort zone.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
wuts a good way to lead him to the middle without losing a lot of stage control?
i try pressuring him by coming from above, but when he moves to the middle of the stage, im suddenly at a loss at what to do next because he's controlling the field more lol

Nakamaru

Smash Master
You want to avoid staying above him as much as possible. Don't underestimate running up and shielding or just running strait past him.

I'd have to see some videos to really give you any good advice. Otherwise it is just broad strokes kinda stuff.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
i dont have any recording equipment and im okay not getting incredibly specific advice, i just want as many good suggestions as possible to try out and work out the details when i actually play (friendlies)

anyway, i dunno if running up and shielding is a great idea since the main reason why i dont fk with marth on the edge is cuz he grabs -> dthrow -> death
it might be a good idea to bait the grab with it and throw out a nair before he can grab (tho i dunno if ill be fast enough)

im interested in the idea of just plain running straight through marth tho
what kind of options does it usually open up for you and what do you look out for when the marth reacts to you running past him (cuz it sounds risky and i don't think marth would just let you walk into him)

Divinokage

Smash Legend
fox is easier than falco you chuckle ****s

==

hey what do u guys think about a weekly match commentary? could be my match or someone elses
That depends who does it and how you do it but it sounds cool. Though it's a bit harder to break things down that way but usually your point gets across easier in real time.

Wizzrobe

Smash Champion
scar is back into his "i quit melee" phase and doesn't care about the game for the time being lol
Lol, and he is the one who started the blog and stuff.

Also, with Scar quitting this is starting to look less like the year of the Falcon.

Twinkles

Smash Lord
for anyone who is interested in learning dash attack -> doraki for the hell of it, i just found this out today:

dash attack to the edge
in the middle of the dash attack, hold into the stage
as soon as you start falling, flick away from the stage

with the right timing, you should wall-jump almost immediately
so far ive done it on fd, fod, ys, and dl64
just if anyone wants something random to practice

Morin0

Smash Lord
for anyone who is interested in learning dash attack -> doraki for the hell of it, i just found this out today:

dash attack to the edge
in the middle of the dash attack, hold into the stage
as soon as you start falling, flick away from the stage

with the right timing, you should wall-jump almost immediately
so far ive done it on fd, fod, ys, and dl64
just if anyone wants something random to practice
Yup. Saw this on some guy's tech vid, and was wondering what the hell that was, lol.

Windrose

Smash Lord
Probably taking a break since north west manifest. He was not doing so well in that tournament.

====

Who amongst you are coming to impulse? :o

:phone:

Top Bottom