• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social C. Falcon Social

Divinokage

Smash Legend
a long time ago, I once heard people suggest that Mew2king could have a part time job as a Smash player if he would won every tournament he attended in both Brawl and Melee
Of course he's M2k, it's unrealistic for anyone else unless they become top 5 in the world... and that in itself is next to impossible.

D

Deleted member

ok hhow do i rip youtube vids then record my mic after removing the sound from the video treat me like a ****** with no brain

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
If you go to windows movie maker, in there is a button (left of the microphone) which will let you adjust the audio for the video. On the right of it, there is a microphone which lets you narrate over the video.

D

Deleted member

k my first vid is not gunna be that good gimme tips on what u guys want

i had some amazing sets from the tourney stab recorded BUT all the really good ones weren't recorded, vs baka and both sets of fly

ShrieK1295

Smash Journeyman
I'd like some advice about how to not die to spacies when they have stage control. I notice good players get shined a lot less than I do, and I also get ***** when they are just spamming bair or up tilt. I have a particularly hard time getting away from fox when he has invulnerability frames after dying

S l o X

Smash Champion
I feel like I'm really good outside of my in-game vs fox. (and because of this - falco) Anyone want to give me some tips on how to not be *** @ in-game?

@ s2j
1. go over neutral game vs whoever you're playing. (very important vs falco / peach)
2. moves especially good in matchups. (see: side-b / stomp vs IC)
3. treat viewers as everyone is low-mid level.

no tips on actually making the video because i'm ******** when it comes to that.

taylosun

Smash Cadet
You can stomp bair and up tilt if you do it right. Don't recommend trying it on up tilt though. You can uair their bair too if you time it right and you should be able to nair them out of it too if you space it correctly. You can also get in front of them when they're doing up tilt... To get away you just have to mix up what you're doing. Fox is fast so he's going to be hard to get away from.

D

Deleted member

alright sorry to dissapoint you folks but im currently in test season but i swear i'll put out a vid or 2 after my real life boring **** is over

Violence

Smash Lord
I'd really like to hear your insight on the Falcon Samus matchup, maybe one of your games vs Hugo or Duck.

If other people don't wanna see that ****, I'll settle for a vs Peach game.

D

Deleted member

most basic form is run up --> knee when they spot dodge

if you aren't sure/ want to control your part of the stage n-air is OK

better players will often only spot-dodge if it is borderline between you grabbing/ spot dodge or you will be barely off in which case you

RUN up to them, shield to stop your run --> grab spot dodge

Windrose

Smash Lord
@s2j, if you wanna be lazy. just record your desktop + sound. open up browser--> full screen a youtube video, and narrate over the video as it plays (hopefully you don't have crappy internet where you gotta pause a video and let it buffer, that's totally 2007 youtube metagame)

to record desktop...use something like xsplit or something? i dunno....yeah it's much less effort.

Wenbobular

Smash Hero
Uhh I use this stuff from http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/ to rip youtube vids
Mad useful
The other thing probably works too but whatever

The easiest way I can think of is just using some sort of sound recording software (even the default windows one will do) and just sync them together in Windows Movie Maker (the crappiest video editor ever but it works haha)

S l o X

Smash Champion
RUN up to them, shield to stop your run --> grab spot dodge
i've found this is really useful, especially against bad players. if you figure out they spot dodge too much (my old fatal flaw) just do this a LOT in pressure situations.

D

Deleted member

i should have naired in that spot it would've hit him 100%

i have close to 0 regrets ending that match like that though going out in a blaze of glory

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
ive been using ftilt and down angled ftilt to catch illusions lately, seems pretty good
random note: an easy way (imo) to get ftilts by the ledge is to crouch by the ledge and then just 1/4 or 1/8 circle up and hit A. that way, you can do the input faster and you don't have to deal with more delicate motions

Violence

Smash Lord
I always wondered: Why don't you guys edgeguard with this?

I mean, it's like second nature to me, but I rarely see it happen.

crush

Smash Master
dash attacking the edge is pretty sweet for edgeguarding, especiallly cuzit hits low and if theyre at low percents you can fall off with a uair or at high ppercents instant-walljump and then **** them.

:phone:

Warhawk

Smash Lord
I always wondered: Why don't you guys edgeguard with this?

I mean, it's like second nature to me, but I rarely see it happen.
I see it sometimes but if they sweetspot you're not going to get them with that. Plus with a lot of characters Falcon can just hold the ledge at certain recovery distances and then wait for them to recover on-stage and knee them and that's more reliable because it can prevent sweetspotting for many characters.

Windrose

Smash Lord
samus' up tilt is much better than falcon's up tilt. there's usually better options though than uptilt for falcon so people don't use it.

it's pretty good in falcon dittoes though (there's some sort of code of honor where falcons agree subconciously to not use this move in dittos cuz it's very gay)

i also do what gahtzu does, if you think they're going to instant second jump back, just throw up a freakn up tilt to punish that. but lately, i've been just using a knee or back air instead of uptilt to punish for this.

Top Bottom