• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Byleth: Joins House Smash Brothers Social Thread

GillyGrime

Smash Journeyman
Never played Three Houses but congrats to you lot! The "too many swordsman" line got a good laugh out of me and I was thrilled with Cuphead:grin:

Deathcarter

Smash Lord
Like a lot of people I was pulling for Edelgard, but I'm ecstatic to see Three Houses fully represented with a stage, music, and spirits. Awesome to see Byleth repping all the main weapons types and has a Down Special that isn't a counter, thank the gods.

Last edited:

GolisoPower

Smash Master
Like a lot of people I was pulling for Edelgard, but I'm ecstatic to see Three Houses fully represented with a stage, music, and spirits. Awesome to see Byleth repping all the main weapons types and has a Down Special that isn't a counter, thank the gods.
Besides Robin's Nosferatu, in the context of Fire Emblem characters?

Last edited:

MaddaD

Smash Journeyman
Writing Team
Although the reveal was kinda shoddy, congrats on getting in!

I can't believe it's canon that Byleth ate a Burger King Impossible Whopper now.

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
I'm sorry, what? Am I missing something here?

I know this is a joke, but I need context.
BK impossible whopper had a hoax where it had 9000% of estrogen or something. People meemed it up saying it essentially turns you into a woman. Byleth went from a man to a woman mid trailer.

GolisoPower

Smash Master
BK impossible whopper had a hoax where it had 9000% of estrogen or something. People meemed it up saying it essentially turns you into a woman. Byleth went from a man to a woman mid trailer.
Oh! XD

That makes so much sense now!

D

Deleted member

Low resolution, but here you go:

I do wish Byleth had an action shot with Sothis behind him, much like Joker and Hero did.

Yeah, I don't see Byleth supplanting Corrin in the long run. I mean, people are just used to Corrin being the memed on character, Three Houses has a much more positive reception then Fates, and Byleth was actually released after the game came out in both regions. After the shock subsides, things will be fine.
I mean I hope so. I've seen a lot of negativity on my Twitter feed and elsewhere, but well... I think the dust will settle soon enough. Byleth's inclusion was a bit better timed since players had the chance to play the game and get to know them, unlike with Corrin (who people don't like at all as an inclusion, even to this day).

By the way, what should we call this thread now?

The Land of Fodlan, maybe?
How about the Dining Hall?

Last edited by a moderator:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Forgot to mention: it's nice to know Byleth doesn't have a generic counter move. I was honestly afraid of that. That said, I really wish Corrin's down-special worked like Byleth's, only difference being Corrin turns into a dragon.

Neverx

Smash Apprentice
Switch FC
SW-5778-5302-2215
I just can't wait until the 28th, gonna be so much fun to main Byleth

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
wholesome enough to keep the haters away

SargeAbernathy

Smash Apprentice
Here to extend congratulations to the Three Houses and Fire Emblem fans! :) I'm certainly in the other camp that's a bit .... confused (that's probably the best way to put it), but I'm not going to pretend that there aren't a lot of happy fans and Smash players today. :) The presentation introduces a lot of cool looking assets for the game, so I'm glad the Smash team put a lot of love into it for you guys. :)

Aeon_Shadow

Smash Journeyman
From the Edelgard thread: I just want to come here and say congratulations to all the Byleth supporters. They certainly look fun/interesting as many have said they would, and I will most definitely be playing as them once they come out (and will be rocking the Edelgard-colored F!Byleth XD). Not to mention I now get to jam to the kickass 3H tracks they added lol.

I do wish Byleth had an action shot with Sothis behind him, much like Joker and Hero did.

I mean I hope so. I've seen a lot of negativity on my Twitter feed and elsewhere, but well... I think the dust will settle soon enough. Byleth's inclusion was a bit better timed since players had the chance to play the game and get to know them, unlike with Corrin (who people don't like at all as an inclusion, even to this day).

How about the Dining Hall?
Yeah for me this isn't as bad because at least I feel like Byleth "earned" their spot after how acclaimed 3Hs is...unlike Corrin who was literally there for advertisment purposes (at least for the Western side) and already gets flak from the FE fandom for how they are in their home games. Yeah (not) sorry Corrin: But you are STILL everyone's punching bag, and I have no sympathies.

Last edited:

DarkFalcon

Smash Champion
I wanted Edelgard but am in no way upset over Byleth since they were more likely in the first place. People who are angry will get over it soon. That Edelgard art for fem Byleth tho. Oh baby. Plus Edge of Dawn and Apex of the World as tracks? Bout to blast those tracks every match.

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
Just wanted to drop by and congratulate you all. Hopefully this means Ryu's chances have improved?!

It wasn't my favorite reveal ever, but I'm definitely happy for all their supporters. I haven't played Three Houses yet, but I intend to. I personally really enjoyed Awakening.

Hey at the end of the day I'm happy the weapon triangle is finally in Smash. It's about time! Lol

RandomAce

Smash Champion
CE78AE7B-F653-471E-A6EB-A08D67761526.gif

The hell am I supposed to say? The second I joined the live stream and saw this my phone fell.

It’s insane, I definitely didn’t expect Byleth as FP5 as I thought FE Three Houses came late that they couldn’t be considered, but oh well.

Byleth is just beautiful, he’s literally everything I wanted and more, although I’m kinda sad we don’t have a time rewind mechanic, but I can’t complain. Garreg Mach is also beautiful and I love how the stage transitions as well. I’m just happy I finally got a character that I’ve been pushing for and also BTFO all the “third party only, new franchise only” theories, and I can’t believe I’m fully convinced to actually buy the Fighter Pass now.

Also, 6 more fighters for Fighter Pass Vol. 2. Tbh, I was actually expecting that, but I was still shocked nonetheless. Again, I’m waiting to see all the DLC characters before buying but man... I really hope that 2022 deadline (I know it’s December 31st but that’s like only one day) is just an overly safe deadline. I mean the Fighter Pass were released within less than year so with hopefully the next one is only a little longer.

Anyways, a thanks for all the supporters who’ve stuck around. I’m sorry if I didn’t help contribute much, I definitely didn’t expect Byleth to release this soon, but it was good while it lasted.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I may not have said much in this thread but since I started FE Three Houses last year - it easily became one of my favourite games of 2019 and thinking Fódlan Winds would be amazing to hear in Smash one day with a Three Houses character. Byleth was easily my first preference but I was unsure how they'd also handle the popularity of the House Leaders.

Come 1AM this morning (gotosleepbyleth), I was admittedly disappointed since it was Byleth closing off the pass instead of someone like Dante since I would've preferred Byleth coming in a Second Fighters Pass, but honestly I was won over thanks to how they handled and implemented Byleth. They're not just single-handedly using the Sword of the Creator, but Areadbhar (surprisingly hard to type without a reference lol), Aymr and Failnaught as well. That's a great way to give shout-outs to the House Leaders while also making Byleth stand out from other Fire Emblem characters because now they're using all of the weapons in the Weapon Triangle as opposed to the generic Sword attack and Counter syndrome seen in most FE characters.

I have to say - CONGRATULATIONS!! Sadly, Byleth's already become a scapegoat scrappy amongst the fanbase thanks to the rabid hatred that people have for FE in the current Smash speculation climate (thanks Corrin)
Rest assured I'll be supporting the professor on the field of battle on launch day! ...While also still coming to terms with the fact Byleth can fight Miis cosplaying as Altaïr, CUPHEAD AND FREAKING SANS WHAT IS THIS MADNESS.

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
The crying and complaining don’t bother me.

Besides, I don’t take them too seriously.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Well I was gonna show my support for Byleth after FP5 since everyone was certain it would be a 3rd party character, but I was to late! Congratulations gang! I love Three Houses and currently started the last route I need to finish.

My order was Golden Deer, Blue Lions and now on Black Eagles...hooboy hahaha.

1FC0

Smash Lord
User warned for trolling
The Smash Pass contains only characters from franchises that are new to the Smash roster and —of course— from Fire Emblem. No DLC pass is complete without a Fire Emblem swordfighter. Gotta make an exception for Fire Emblem swordfighters. I hope he's another Marth clone/semi-clone. We definitely need more of those since they're not even half the roster yet.

zumaddy

Smash Ace
The crying and complaining don’t bother me.

Besides, I don’t take them too seriously.
As someone who mained Corrin in 2015 I've been doing this song and dance for years lol. I'm more annoyed by the fact that people are responding to Byleth's VA happy tweet about his childhood dream of being in Smash coming true is people leaving nasty replies in the comments. Hope he takes it in his stride.

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
I wish I could be more excited for Byleth. I really wish I could. I was so happy when he was revealed, I loved everything I saw in that direct, and yet, hours later, I'm just so sick of it all. I'm so sick of everyone acting like legitimate babies. We got ONE character, ONE character out of ELEVEN now, who has a unique moveset and fighting style and comes from a game that's been incredibly well received, and thousands rally against his inclusion JUST because they have a stigma against the series they happen to come from. Even people who I had respect for, who I thought would be better than this.

And it sucks. It's as exhausting as being back in the days where people were fighting over Ridley, maybe moreso. I can return to that direct and still feel hyped for the character, but I'm drained of it everytime I come across another child. I wish the community was better than this. Sakurai deserves better than this.

Flyboy

Smash Hero
The Smash Pass contains only characters from franchises that are new to the Smash roster and —of course— from Fire Emblem. No DLC pass is complete without a Fire Emblem swordfighter. Gotta make an exception for Fire Emblem swordfighters. I hope he's another Marth clone/semi-clone. We definitely need more of those since they're not even half the roster yet.
I mean if you watched the video you'd see they have way more than just swords and also the sword in question is more of a whip and they don't even have a counter but thanks for coming to the support thread my dude your opinion was cool and necessary

Desert Croc

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-4757-0799-4282
I think someone is hungry.

Perkilator

Smash Legend
The perpetual trash fire known as Planet Earth(tm)
Byleth’s Classic Mode is titled “A Heroic Legacy” and it involves going through FE stages. Lemme try and predict how it’ll go specifically:

Stage 1: :ultcorrin: on Garreg Mach Monastery (Lost in Thoughts All Alone (for 3DS/Wii U))
Stage 2: :ultlucina::ultchrom: on Coliseum (Conquest (Ablaze))
Stage 3: :ultrobin: on Arena Ferox (Duty (Ablaze))
Stage 4: :ultike: on :castlesiege: (Eternal Bond)
Stage 5: :ultroy: on :castlesiege: (Winning Road - Roy’s Hope)
Stage 6: :ultmarth: on Coliseum Ω (Story 5 Meeting)
Boss: Master Hand and Crazy Hand on Garreg Mach Monastery Ω (The Apex of the World)

Jonathan Motes

Smash Rookie
I'm thrilled to see Byleth make it in. I understand the frustration people have, circumstances being what they are, but I'm happy to see such a cool game and character get in on the Smashing fun.

Hope everyone enjoys Byleth's addition to Smash. :bee:

yyosh

Smash Rookie
Hi, and congratulations to everyone here! Three Houses was my favorite game of 2019 and I’m looking forward to playing Byleth! I was just wondering if there was a discord server for Byleth yet, and if I could join it.

ILOVESMASH

Smash Ace
NNID
Marioman123450
3DS FC
3368-1022-7382
Hahaha, I'm so happy Byleth got in! I was worried that salty reaction to Corrin's reveal + the high density of Fire Emblem characters lowered their chances, but leave it up to my boi Sakurai to subvert my expectations. Fire Emblem is one of my favorite Nintendo franchises, and Three Houses is one of my favorite games in the series, so I'm super glad that its getting represented in Smash. Not only that, but they crammed so much fanserice into Byleth, between them wielding all the 3 house lords' legendary weapons, having fantastic skins that perfectly match the house lords / Sothis, and the characters animations being very faithful to the base game.

I'm more fond of characters with low lag moves and wide arcing hitboxes like all the other FE swordfighters and Link, so Byleth's moveset having noticeably more lag and linear hitboxes will be difficult to get use to. However, I'm glad that they are trying something new with this character. While I love Corrin, I must admit they felt a bit too similar to other swordfighters. so seeing them mix it up with Byleth is refreshing to see and I can't wait to main them going forward.

zipzapsparkle

Smash Journeyman
I will mostly pick her Edelgard or Claude palette because they were some of my favorites. I sort of wish they had their enlightened outfit though.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
now why would you go on to do something like this :sadsheep:

IronTed

Smash Ace
Just wanted to pop in and say congrats! I have 0 interest in FE and was apathetic to Byleth initially, but I was positively surprised. The moveset looks really cool, and this will probably be my favorite (non Plant) Ultimate DLC so far.

Top Bottom