• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bye Brawl, Hi there Smash4. Regular Streaming?!? Cap is Better than Iron Man

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Well then.

How does tomorrow (or today, depending on where people are) sound? I'll probably stream sometime during the afternoon (around 2-3 pm EST). ZBrush is on the list along with... idk, maybe some animating or maybe working on Luke Skywalker.

Maybe some other models.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Small preview of what was accomplished in today's stream:

Updating some parts of the Snake model along with the initial making of the Arm of YaBooty. I mean Arm of Jehuty

Initial sculpt of Big Boss's face. I'll probably redo it anyways lol

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Announcement is already out. If you don't you'll have to wait a bit. If you follow my twitter, I just retweeted something huge

drogoth232

Smash Lord
More progress on stuff.

You might be wondering why I'm not working on heads.
And that's because they're hard as hell to make. Hell, even hands are easier than heads.
But maybe I just need more practice with ZBrush, so who knows.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
There's literally no rhyme or reason as to how I work on things.

Observe:

Hands on the second model will most likely be replaced with Lyn's or just plain redone. Don't like how they look currently.

The second model's design is subject to change (especially the boots) among other things depending on how I want to work on it.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
More work

plus animation practice

and bad practice

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Okay, I think it's time I come clean about my past.

I was going to make a Smash4 Leak. It was planned to be huge. It'd have included ingame footage along with the "Fighter/Pun about entering Smash" thing along with a bunch of other stuff. Truthfully, it was the reason I ended up making custom models to begin with.

Now what was this fake leak that never happened? Welllllll... it was a fire emblem character. I can give you that much. I will also say that I spent a lot of time working on it. Like, A LOT. Constant work and tweaks to make sure it was absolutely perfect. I even had some of the Smash3 guys in on it to give their thoughts and ideas. To be honest, now that I look back at it, I could have done a better job with it. But anything looks legit when it's a shaky cam with ****ty footage.

That being said, the fighter that was to be leaked was...

AKUMA

loljk, it's in the next spoiler
GRAY FOX

Got you, didn't I? Trust me, it's in the next one for sure.

LEIF FROM FIRE EMBLEM!

Yep, that's it. That costume was actually planned to be an alt, the actual costume was supposed to be this one:

Hair might not be the right color, and neither is any of the rigging or anything really. But that was a proof of concept to see if it would work in game. Which it did. Spectacularly.

Here's a slightly newer version with actual feet. Hair color wasn't changed, unfortunately. Neither was the face.

I had a couple of animations planned up, although none of them came to fruition. Most of them involved attacks that would be drastically different than what you might see in a Smash game (damn you Corrin!).

Will this ever be finished? Honestly, I have no idea. Looking back at it, it's really low quality and I'm sure I could make something that's much, much better now. Will I actually make it better in the future? Who knows? I don't.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I think it's time I come clean about my past.

I was going to make a Smash4 Leak. It was planned to be huge. It'd have included ingame footage along with the "Fighter/Pun about entering Smash" thing along with a bunch of other stuff. Truthfully, it was the reason I ended up making custom models to begin with.

Now what was this fake leak that never happened? Welllllll... it was a fire emblem character. I can give you that much. I will also say that I spent a lot of time working on it. Like, A LOT. Constant work and tweaks to make sure it was absolutely perfect. I even had some of the Smash3 guys in on it to give their thoughts and ideas. To be honest, now that I look back at it, I could have done a better job with it. But anything looks legit when it's a shaky cam with ****ty footage.

That being said, the fighter that was to be leaked was...

AKUMA

loljk, it's in the next spoiler
GRAY FOX

Got you, didn't I? Trust me, it's in the next one for sure.

LEIF FROM FIRE EMBLEM!

Yep, that's it. That costume was actually planned to be an alt, the actual costume was supposed to be this one:

Hair might not be the right color, and neither is any of the rigging or anything really. But that was a proof of concept to see if it would work in game. Which it did. Spectacularly.

Here's a slightly newer version with actual feet. Hair color wasn't changed, unfortunately. Neither was the face.

I had a couple of animations planned up, although none of them came to fruition. Most of them involved attacks that would be drastically different than what you might see in a Smash game (damn you Corrin!).

Will this ever be finished? Honestly, I have no idea. Looking back at it, it's really low quality and I'm sure I could make something that's much, much better now. Will I actually make it better in the future? Who knows? I don't.
Lore confirmed, what a reveal. Can't wait for these Bayo skins

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
everything looks bomb!
question about your planned big boss model; are you planning on doing his standard darb, his scarf drab, or one of the unique ones like the sneaking suit? from what it looks like, youre doing one of the standard ones but was just curious

drogoth232

Smash Lord
everything looks bomb!
question about your planned big boss model; are you planning on doing his standard darb, his scarf drab, or one of the unique ones like the sneaking suit? from what it looks like, youre doing one of the standard ones but was just curious
The model you saw on the blog was Sneaking Suit, but I plan to make Olive Drab afterwards. IDK about scarf, those are hard to make.

Lookin good! Been waiting patiently for somebody to make Punished Snake!
I've been patiently waiting to work on it.

Last edited:

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
i had a SNEAKING suspicion ;) that the scarf would be hard to make. i honestly would be impressed if you could manage to model his face alone, let alone the entire model.

can't wait :D

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I made a thing

I've made more, but they can't be shown at the moment. Mostly because they suck. I'll be making them for fun to kill time when I'm not modelling, animating, or studying.

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
I made a thing

I'm no Sherlock, but that looks remarkably similar to your avatar. I call fraud.

But in all seriousness OP, this thread is pretty sweet. Can't contribute a whole lot to the conversation here but the workload put into this is just admirable; 3D modeling is too intimidating for me. Keep up the good stuff!

And I'm digging the Anakin model lol, I can already see one of his taunts being, "You underestimate my power!"

drogoth232

Smash Lord
And I'm digging the Anakin model lol, I can already see one of his taunts being, "You underestimate my power!"
If it's possible to have the necessary file space for such a moveset, Anakin would say "Sand is coarse" and whatever else he says.

Man, that was so terrible.

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
If it's possible to have the necessary file space for such a moveset, Anakin would say "Sand is coarse" and whatever else he says.

Man, that was so terrible.
IF YOU'RE NOT WITH ME, THEN YOU ARE MY ENEMY!

(Gold mine of quotes I say. Forgive the off-topicness.)

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Big Boss? Large Leader? Colossal Chief? No matter the name, you're still just a pawn to your country, donchaknow. Go put on an alligator hat or something.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Big Boss? Large Leader? Colossal Chief? No matter the name, you're still just a pawn to your country, donchaknow. Go put on an alligator hat or something.
I was actually planning to do this for a while.

Anyways, back on topic

Messed the render up. Whoops

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Two renders in a day?
JK, it's already tomorrow for me

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Realized some parts of Sheik are messed up. Working on fixing those things.

Considering it's a "new day" for me, here's another render

Last edited:

Solaros

Smash Journeyman
Neat Cloud render! I wonder what his hair feels like, but I don't wanna get papercuts.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
What's this?

Another render?

I made some parts glow
It was hard

I'll be redoing Big Boss soon.

Last edited:
Top Bottom