• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bye Brawl, Hi there Smash4. Regular Streaming?!? Cap is Better than Iron Man

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Ooh more CSPs before Nano gets to him. I approve.
Not a competition. I just really like this pose lol.

Black Shadow is totes purple despite the name.
Can't sound intimidating with a name like Eggplant Shadow.

What do you mean where? Like the program? Or the texturing? Let's see...normal, diffuse, the other gray thing...
PS has an NVIDIA plugin which allows you to play with DDS and I believe also allows you to generate Normal Maps based on your current diffuse maps.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
PS has an NVIDIA plugin which allows you to play with DDS and I believe also allows you to generate Normal Maps based on your current diffuse maps.
Probably Photoshop. Blender? 3ds max?
Screenshot (8).png

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Ooh if you janked the color scheme o' Sammy and was basing it off of Other M Ridley, it could use more pink. If you mean the fuzzy squares all over her suit, then I can only speculate.

Someone else get in here and spam the thread—and don't waste the render!

NNID
Ridleylash
3DS FC
1736-1657-3905
The fuzzy squares are probably what he's refering to; the WiiU model doesn't normally have those, so it's possible that he made a goof with either the texture files or shaders for the model.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
The fuzzy squares are probably what he's refering to; the WiiU model doesn't normally have those, so it's possible that he made a goof with either the texture files or shaders for the model.
Nope, that's the normal map + texture. It was scales.

I was an idiot and left the scales on the diffuse instead of letting the normal map handle it. But because Ridley is in the name, I get a free pass.

Again, that's not what the problem was. Keep guessing!

drogoth232

Smash Lord
The lighting doesn't look as consistent as the normal texture; there's streaks of dark purple over the reflection's texture. Is that the error? :p
Nooooooope.

My last guess is the morph ball. Just tell us and end the pain.
Don't you want the render tho? And nope.

It's a little dark purple spot, just above the elbow.
I didn't even notice that, but no.

The other player is Little Mac.
Close, but no cigar. Before more joke posts burst out, no joke posts pls. Also, the problem is with Samus's texture.

Cynapse

Smash Ace
GFZE01-1.png

No, Black Bull got the closest, and he's purple like your Ridley-colored Samus.
This is funny and you should laugh at it before telling us the answer.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
"Texture", does that mean you're excluding Specular, Lights, and Normal Maps... When I get home, I'm doing a comparison to Samus, my li'l phone can't display all the detail.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
View attachment 96030
No, Black Bull got the closest, and he's purple like your Ridley-colored Samus.
This is funny and you should laugh at it before telling us the answer.
I ain't knuckles, but I chuckled.

This is probably a dumb guess, but is it the brown-ish spots between her shoulder and elbow? It's almost impossible to see unless you zoom in the picture ALOT.
Nope. Nice guess. Sliiiightly closer to the answer.

The Sholders?
Nahp.

"Texture", does that mean you're excluding Specular, Lights, and Normal Maps... When I get home, I'm doing a comparison to Samus, my li'l phone can't display all the detail.
Texture includes all of that, although you just need to list what part of the model looks borked because of texture aka what texture is messed up.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
There's an obvious seam where the textures meet on the arm - looking less scale like and more checker-pattern like. Also, the scales on her shoulder point towards her head.
The latter isn't an error - it just bugs me.
badabing.png

Also - image is too dang small.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
That's a mistake with the normal map aka experimentation. But you're getting further away from the problem!
So close, yet so far.
You can just smell the new render, I'm sure of it.

You have until 2am EST. Keep searching!

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
That's a mistake with the normal map aka experimentation. But you're getting further away from the problem!
So close, yet so far.
You can just smell the new render, I'm sure of it.

You have until 2am EST. Keep searching!
Do you have a higher quality version of the image? Or an alternate view?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Do you have a higher quality version of the image? Or an alternate view?
Unfortunately I don't have a higher res image, but that image shows the problem clearly enough.

There's a seam line on her thigh, and the textures on her waist aren't lining up properly.
I noticed that most of us are technically right - but it's not the one thing.
This. So much this.

Also, Thigh is too far. Go back ;)

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
It's someplace on the arm, likely upper-mid area. Mewphelis was, in terms of physical location, closest, with my guess being second close.

Hold up - one of the slits just stops.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
There's a black streak on her kneecap that almost looks like a missing piece. Is that what the problem is?
Nah.

It's someplace on the arm, likely upper-mid area. Mewphelis was, in terms of physical location, closest, with my guess being second close.

Depending on the slit, you might be really close.

Compare this picture to Samus' Smash4 Render. There's a reeeeeeally obvious difference.

Nefnoj

Smash Lord

Compare this picture to Samus' Smash4 Render. There's a reeeeeeally obvious difference.
You're taunting me.
Hold up - her slits are fully hollow. No grating or anything.
I highly doubt that's it, but I just don't care anymore.

Last edited:

Nefnoj

Smash Lord
List of hints. I'm so mad right now.
The knee?
Nope, that's the normal map + texture. It was scales.
Is it something to do with her lower legs? Because those are looking a bit wonky.
Nope.
But, Nefnoj Nefnoj got the closest out of everyone who's posted.
This is probably a dumb guess, but is it the brown-ish spots between her shoulder and elbow? It's almost impossible to see unless you zoom in the picture ALOT.
Nope. Nice guess. Sliiiightly closer to the answer.
you just need to list what part of the model looks borked because of texture aka what texture is messed up.
Also, Thigh is too far. Go back ;)

freaking arms.png

It was never specified which part of the arm it was.

Last edited:
Top Bottom