• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bye Brawl, Hi there Smash4. Regular Streaming?!? Cap is Better than Iron Man

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Remember, I'm not making CSP poses. I'm doing this for fun while I stall working on smash3 things lol

drogoth232

Smash Lord
New Render, this time the model is Tormod's OOT Link. Best wishes to him and his family.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
This was... a lot of experimenting.

Shoutouts to Ryztiq Ryztiq for the model and also trying to teach me Mats/Shaders and me not learning a damn thing.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Think I've been busy doing stuff?
You'd be right.
But for Brawl?
That's a thing of the past

Check these suckers out

Cynapse

Smash Ace
I'm a bit worried that Smash 4 will go through the same early hacking phase of wretched recolors as Brawl did. However, research yields that the possibilities for this steaming pile of a fighter are vast so I figure it'll be a necessary growing pain. How do you make a game prettier than it already is?

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
I hope that Original the Character doesn't appear to often when this is more open and wide spread. Unlike you, your Edits are way better than Nintendo / Square did / allowed

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
I'm a bit worried that Smash 4 will go through the same early hacking phase of wretched recolors as Brawl did. However, research yields that the possibilities for this steaming pile of a fighter are vast so I figure it'll be a necessary growing pain. How do you make a game prettier than it already is?
Don't worry we aren't KCMM. We have standards.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
It's literally impossible to make bad recolors.
You really have to try to make a bad recolor.
Or maybe you don't know color theory (tbh, who other than @Taiko even knows what that means?).

I hope that Original the Character doesn't appear to often when this is more open and wide spread. Unlike you, your Edits are way better than Nintendo / Square did / allowed
Damn, guess I'll have to use more hot pink next time.

Don't worry we aren't KCMM. We have standards.
I'll see you in bed ;)

devnew

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DevNew
It's literally impossible to make bad recolors.
You really have to try to make a bad recolor.
Or maybe you don't know color theory (tbh, who other than @Taiko even knows what that means?).

Damn, guess I'll have to use more hot pink next time.

I'll see you in bed ;)
Pink is a super Sexy color go ahead I would love you forever. ;)

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Will Smash 3 suffer from this new endeavor? I know KTH is on the team and has been absent from the Vault for some time.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Captain America Falcon
Great idea

Will Smash 3 suffer from this new endeavor? I know KTH is on the team and has been absent from the Vault for some time.
Not at all. The team is constantly communicating so anything that they need is readily visible to me.

:( brawls a thing of the past? i hope that doesnt mean your older stuff is too, bae.
Riperino in pasterino for the dongerino.

I'll try to finish the models by the end of this year. Still can't make guarantees because hands and faces are hard as hell to make.

Javln Mastr

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Modernlykos
3DS FC
3823-8516-1685
What if you started a project where you recolor all the characters to have similar shades to Brawl? You could call it "Smash 3", and maybe if Marth looks like Brawl Marth, it might in turn make people think he really is Brawl Marth, thus buffing him.
Don't you want to be the savior this meta needs?

Kamtheman56

Smash Journeyman
NNID
kamtheman56
3DS FC
3222-6187-6285
What if you started a project where you recolor all the characters to have similar shades to Brawl? You could call it "Smash 3", and maybe if Marth looks like Brawl Marth, it might in turn make people think he really is Brawl Marth, thus buffing him.
Don't you want to be the savior this meta needs?
I'd actually be down to see that, although something tells me it'll be a bit more than a hassle with how large the Smash 4 models/textures are as the Brawl characters were filled with all sorts of gritty realistic fluff to make them fit in more.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Prepare Yourself
Why?

will update/repost when all the Smash4 textures are uploaded on the twitter.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
that's not a thing that i don't know anything about shut up
if you have Photoshop and the NVIDIA plugin, it's ezpz.

I also might make a batch of CSPs of VBrawl Ike and Armored Ike with this pose with standard lighting. It looks awesome.

Plus, SmashU pics that I promised:

Black Shadow Falcon:

Ridley colored Samus (I screwed this up, guess where and I'll make a render for a character you pick)

might be more to come, idk if the guy will get to it all tonight

Cynapse

Smash Ace
Ooh more CSPs before Nano gets to him. I approve.

Black Shadow is totes purple despite the name.

What do you mean where? Like the program? Or the texturing? Let's see...normal, diffuse, the other gray thing...

Last edited:
Top Bottom