• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bye Brawl, Hi there Smash4. Regular Streaming?!? Cap is Better than Iron Man

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I have little interest in Isaac and Knuckles. Lyn was supposed to be a collab, but I got carried away a bit too much. Should be getting a new tablet to use in zbrush this weekend, if not early next week.

Plus slightly more progress... boots!

I think I'll fix the boots up a bit and then work on her waist things.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
You're being watched.
Creepy.

Fixed the shoes a bit and added the waist ropes thing. Will probably undo everything I did to it and leave it as a solid block until I throw it into ZBrush. Fixed the boots up, but I want to do a bit more work to fix it up along with actually giving her soles or something. Going to be adding the other ropes around her body before I start working on her forearms, arm guard thing, and hands.

Final thing to be worked on is the head and hair.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Creepy.

Fixed the shoes a bit and added the waist ropes thing. Will probably undo everything I did to it and leave it as a solid block until I throw it into ZBrush. Fixed the boots up, but I want to do a bit more work to fix it up along with actually giving her soles or something. Going to be adding the other ropes around her body before I start working on her forearms, arm guard thing, and hands.

Final thing to be worked on is the head and hair.
My goodness you work fast! I'd invest in insurance for your hands if they move at TAS like levels...

Also to any former PMDT member, would the TPP be a reason for the team's disbanding or at least a looming major influence?

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Clicking is too hard

Not the place to ask or discuss this.
Sorry 'bout that! It just popped into my head after doing some soul searching... call me a reactionary person, but at some point more people need to know what's going on in politics... I just thought the TPP may have a hand in this since it very well affects modding as whole, to the point that even the user can get into trouble along with the creator(s) of the mod if it's ratified. (Not to discourage you or anything, its just important to know about politics and how it affects you and your interests/hobbies) Really I just don't want perhaps my favorite aspect of the Smash community to go down in flames if politics of all things is the main factor behind it...

I want to speak whats on my mind so that I can avoid making a huge mistake if other wise.

In other news:
I'm guessing you're reworking [redacted] from scratch. Kudos on that; can't wait to download when finished. :)

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
My biggest motivation for making a custom model for Lyn was that the model clearly wasn't finished. There was still some work left over, but they obviously didn't have time to finish. I also plan to make some animations as some of the ones that exist for Lyn (both the PM one and EY's) aren't that great. Whether I'll actually make this into a whole PSA or not, idk. I'll talk to some people and see what we decide on.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
More progress because I don't want to study too hard

not the best, but at least for now they're good placeholders

I know that she wears finger-less gloves. I'm debating whether or not to model the hand and make the gloves around it or to make protrusions come from the hand to make "gloves"

Don't worry about the clipping on the legs, it'll be fixed when I start adding more detail.

NXero

Smash Apprentice
I was gonna ask you if you were interested in doing Awakening Lyn after you finished the regular one, but looking closely at the art, she has completely different clothing, the dress at the front looks the same but she has a coat and something that looks like a red skirt, and a lot of minuscule details... She would need to have a almost entirely new model from the neck down, not sure if its worth the trouble...
I don't even know if it could be possible to rig over the same Lyn and keep the dress "physics"

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I was gonna ask you if you were interested in doing Awakening Lyn after you finished the regular one, but looking closely at the art, she has completely different clothing, the dress at the front looks the same but she has a coat and something that looks like a red skirt, and a lot of minuscule details... She would need to have a almost entirely new model from the neck down, not sure if its worth the trouble...
I don't even know if it could be possible to rig over the same Lyn and keep the dress "physics"
I'll talk to some people.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I guess I should just give him a random head. Maybe then you guys will know

0/10 effort, I'm disappointed in every single one of you.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I guess I should just give him a random head. Maybe then you guys will know

0/10 effort, I'm disappointed in every single one of you.
YYYYYYYYYYYYOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Why didn't I recognize this sooner?actually it may have ruined the surprise if anyone did...
are you sure Lyn being gone isn't some "mind trick" to throw us off?

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I was so close too.
Yeah, and my Uncle works at Nintendo

I am scum.
You said it, not me.

I'ma make daddy skywalker
... are you my Daddy?

I hope you're referring to the cool one and not the one who really hates sand.
It's because it gets everywhere, isn't it?

Anyways, I have more planned as well. A lot more, actually. About 3-5 more things lined up that I haven't put on either my blog or on here. As you can probably guess, I've shelved my custom snake model for a bit.

Speaking of Snake, I remembered I haven't put him up here

Doesn't look impressive, and I know that. I'm focused on getting all the major areas done first and then going to town on it in zbrush. Know exactly what I want to do too and how to do it, which is rare. Again, shelved so I can regain interest in staring at a pair of buttocks for hours on end.

Heads are hard as **** though. Rather do hands than heads. Maybe that'll change when my tablet shows up. Whenever that is.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Expecting a pattern with how I do stuff?

Too bad, Waluigi time!

Wait a sec, wrong thread.

using the low res texture for the sword, will obviously be changed before all is set and done.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I shouldn't be double posting, but after about doing it 50 times idk anymore.

Applied Brawl textures to the model. Just need the head finished and then I'm good to start rigging.

soopercool101

Smash Journeyman
I shouldn't be double posting, but after about doing it 50 times idk anymore.

Applied Brawl textures to the model. Just need the head finished and then I'm good to start rigging.
Holy crap you've been working on this for, what, a week? And it already looks like this? Dang.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Well this is awkward.
While trying to keep her low poly, I accidentally ended up making her 28k polys.
Whoops.

Optimizing her might take a while. A long while. And considering I have a lot of models planned, it might take a longer while.
Sorry folks, maybe next cycle.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
good god. it's been a while since i've seen this thread. you've been working on snake!? and from the looks of that model... it's looking temptingly similar to the phantom pain Boss...

...i might die and go to outer heaven.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
good god. it's been a while since i've seen this thread. you've been working on snake!? and from the looks of that model... it's looking temptingly similar to the phantom pain Boss...

...i might die and go to outer heaven.
Don't know whether to be upset or happy that someone figured it out. Nice one.

cramazzratazz

Smash Apprentice
"It's true, there are those who wish you had not woken up. You should be dead. But you're not. The wheels are in motion. We must alter your appearance immediately!"
We can build him better. Stronger. Faster! BOSSER!
ALL FOR REVENGE.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Hype, new laptop get.

Time for more models, recordings, animations, and streams.
Definitely more streams.

That being said, what do you guys think about seeing me fail using ZBrush to model Big Boss's head?

Top Bottom