• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bye Brawl, Hi there Smash4. Regular Streaming?!? Cap is Better than Iron Man

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'm having internet connections for some reason. Just now too

Gonna restart my computer and try again.

Should be back up

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Had to get off for reasons. I should be on later. If not, I'll just be uploading the videos of yesterday's stream and whatever I got done today.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Here's uploads of yesterday's stream:

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Hey, LargeLeader/Drogoth/etc! What have you been up to other than studying and having a hard time sleeping?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Sorry about the lack of a stream today. Had to write up a lesson plan among many other things that take up time. Mostly it was my father who came down from Delaware to visit for the week+weekend. I'll definitely try to stream next week, unless I have something come up.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Sorry about the lack of a stream today. Had to write up a lesson plan among many other things that take up time. Mostly it was my father who came down from Delaware to visit for the week+weekend. I'll definitely try to stream next week, unless I have something come up.
Wait... a lesson plan? Interesting. I'm definitely interested in your streams since you now have seemed to find that spark again... mostly.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Wait... a lesson plan? Interesting. I'm definitely interested in your streams since you now have seemed to find that spark again... mostly.
Intern Teacher life is rough man. Waking up from 12pm and now have to get up at 5 am.
I have no idea what I'm going to be working on during the stream, so I'm gonna set up a RNG thing to determine what.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
Intern Teacher life is rough man. Waking up from 12pm and now have to get up at 5 am.
I have no idea what I'm going to be working on during the stream, so I'm gonna set up a RNG thing to determine what.
Well good luck either way then.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Tentative Stream Schedule (Subject to change at any time):

Stream 1 Pt 1: How to import models from BrawlBox into 3ds max
Stream 1 Pt 2: How to get around 3ds max + most important tools

Stream 2 Pt 1: How to set a skin modifier up
Stream 2 Pt 2: How to use Skin Wrap
Stream 2 Pt 3: How to change weights of vertices for rigging (aka basic rigging)

Stream 3 Pt 1: Exporting from 3ds max
Stream 3 Pt 2: Importing into most recent BBox using tristripper
Stream 3 Pt 3: Importing textures into BBox

Stream 4 Pt 1: How to Optimize and When to do so
Stream 4 Pt 2: ProOptimizer and You
Stream 4 Pt 3: How to start Optimizing by Hand
Stream 4 Pt 4: To quadrify or not to quadrify

IN BETWEEN ALL STREAM LESSONS:

Animation streaming (two planned characters and a Stream request)
Coding streaming
In Game Testing streaming (testing animation and coding)

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Remember on KJP's thread when I said optimizing Raiden from 60k down to something reasonable was impossible?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Stream will start later than usual and/or be cancelled

Big House 5 hype

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
To make up for the fact I didn't stream today, I'm going to try and record stream sessions 1 and 2 and have them uploaded on Youtube.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Future stream related:

It's about 1/4th of the way done, but will be very close to done when I use the symmetry modifier and fix some UVs up. Wont' include a cape arm thing because there's no way to cleanly rig it without looking weird in some animations. I know people say "but who's gonna notice?" I am. I'm gonna notice.

Might be used in a future stream lesson. I don't expect many people to even use it because of its limited applications, so I might not use it at all.

I should have another stream video up sometime tomorrow (introduction to PSA coding) Probably during the night. I'll also try to stream on Friday as well. If not, I'll record more of me doing stuff (went from the intro coding video to 3).

drogoth232

Smash Lord
What if they updated Roy's Melee Taunt?

Friday stream is cancelled at the moment because I have an exam coming up. If I stream, I'll be sure to post on here before starting.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Update on mercenary Roy

And something new I've been working on

and in game proof of concept to see of the filesize was too large or not.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Waiting for someone to make UV adjustments to Roy's back, make texture edits, and then I'll release Roy along with (hopefully) bandana physics.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Yay, stuff I did for the PMDT app that didn't go anywhere because lolwe'regettingshutdownbye

I swear, I almost got accepted. I think. Maybe.

And stuff I did for fun. None of the below are finished.

The bottom two are the same-ish. I mostly worked on making sure the legs looked believable for a run animation. I'll fix the upper body in about a week or so.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
In the first animation I think that you should try moving the feet a bit. Those movements are too sudden for the feet to stay glued to the floor.
The second animation is very nice and my favorite from that bunch, although it took me a while to realize that he was grabbing his knife lol
The pose she does in the speed booster animation seems kinda awkward to me. Maybe because I'm too used to seeing her with the arm canon behind. IDK.
And in the run animation the feet should already extend after leaving the ground (frame 48 in the second gif).

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I don't think I directly animated frame 48, the actual work was done in the gif above it. All I did was set the tangents to auto so it looks smooth. I'll be doing more work on it in the coming weeks/months.

Cahalan

Smash Ace

plus

have fun speculating.
I gotta say, that looks really fresh! Also I'm hyped for that Mercenary Roy of yours: I've gotten over not having PM Awakening Roy and for once I want to see a Roy that has a bit more "bulk" so-to-speak in PM.

(I'm almost glad(?) you didn't get accepted into the PMDT or we would not have you working on Lyndis)

Last edited:

??Sanic Hedgehog??

Smash Ace
NNID
Sliverboy
3DS FC
5069-4545-8058
I gotta say, that looks really fresh! Also I'm hyped for that Mercenary Roy of yours: I've gotten over not having PM Awakening Roy and for once I want to see a Roy that has a bit more "bulk" so-to-speak in PM.
I have Awakening PM Roy the Art Tuesday one

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Also I'm hyped for that Mercenary Roy of yours: I've gotten over not having PM Awakening Roy and for once I want to see a Roy that has a bit more "bulk" so-to-speak in PM.
I have Awakening PM Roy the Art Tuesday one
No reason to wait for mine unless you want the official version which arguably looks better. Plus textures look a bit off, which I kinda wanna work on. I'll probably custom make awakening roy some time in the future and have it optimized for Brawl. Idk.

(I'm almost glad(?) you didn't get accepted into the PMDT or we would not have you working on Lyndis)
I'm working on Lyn?

Last edited:

Cahalan

Smash Ace
No reason to wait for mine unless you want the official version which arguably looks better. Plus textures look a bit off, which I kinda wanna work on. I'll probably custom make awakening roy some time in the future and have it optimized for Brawl. Idk.

I'm working on Lyn?
First: Eventually when BeX is compatible with PM 3.6 Official I want to collaborate with some one on making a custom build with it. I can probably start to learn the EX engine, but with how 11 grade is shaping up, not anytime soon... maybe over the summer?

Second: Maybe that or a very WIP Bayonetta. Or I must be smoking one of Big Boss' Cigars... :p

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Ah I get it
I don't

First: Eventually when BeX is compatible with PM 3.6 Official I want to collaborate with some one on making a custom build with it. I can probably start to learn the EX engine, but with how 11 grade is shaping up, not anytime soon... maybe over the summer?
11th grade was pretty rough for me. But it ended up easier when i look back at it.

Second: Maybe that or a very WIP Bayonetta. Or I must be smoking one of Big Boss' Cigars... :p
Maybe I'll work on Lyn. Maybe I won't. We'll see what the future holds.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
I don't

11th grade was pretty rough for me. But it ended up easier when i look back at it.

Maybe I'll work on Lyn. Maybe I won't. We'll see what the future holds.
I just thought of something:
If for some reason using the leaked assets to finish any of the forbidden 4 (aka the characters in the dev build) may put the PMDT at risk again for any reason, you can always salvage the concept and start from scratch. You may even end up making a better model then what they came up with (though it's very high quality as it is). But as always, we have to wait for the dust to settle and work at our own pace. Plus the characters this time around will be more balanced as the intended global changes to the core cast have not happened yet in 3.6.

Last edited:
Top Bottom