• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bye Brawl, Hi there Smash4. Regular Streaming?!? Cap is Better than Iron Man

drogoth232

Smash Lord
AAAAaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand stream is over again!

Thanks for viewing!

Here's the gifs of what was accomplished today:

Originally, I wanted to make them 1:1 replicas of TP's animations. But I decided that making them my own animations would feel more rewarding.

Shield Bash

Helm Splitter *Needs work! Will add the flip in BBox and will make it transition into the fall in BBox as well. Want critique on the jumping part. TP was very... bad at that. Link literally goes from standing into jumping in the game.

Don't worry about the speed of the jump either. That will be fixed in BBox

Mortal Draw Start *Will probably make Link's foot be closer to the ground as he moves it back'

Sword Salute (whenever Link and Hero's Shade practice a skill) *Ignore the stuttering, it was a mistake made while recording the gif*

Last edited:

HypnotizeOverdrive

Smash Ace
NNID
HypnoOverdrive
Aww, how come no one posted here? I'll say it again, these animations are pretty good, especially the last one.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
In my case, I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles non stop.

They look very cool, but yeah, the shield bash needs some work. It's lacking powah.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
In my case, I've been playing Xenoblade Chronicles non stop.

They look very cool, but yeah, the shield bash needs some work. It's lacking powah.
I don't blame you. Xenoblade Chronicles is 10/10. Wish it got an HD remake for WiiU. I also wish I actually finished the game before someone spoiled some of the ending for me. Only got to like Colony 2 or some place there was like mines under it. Got stuck at one part and then college started again lol.

Yeah, I'll be fixing the animations up on the next stream. So if you haven't seen the new animations, you'll get your chance!

Also, I might jump around between animating projects (specifically HW/TP Link and Shulk), but I might just finish up TP Link (I don't have much to do for him tbh, he's going to be the 3rd smallest PSA I've worked on) instead of jumping in between. But we'll see.

Stream to do list:

1. Shield Bash (make the bash faster)
2. Up Smash (add recoil after releasing the arrow)
3. Helm Splitter (redo completely)
4. Mortal Draw (redo completely)
5. Jump Slash (redo completely)

Seeing as how ~2 animations takes about an hour, I'll probably only get up to Helm Splitter before ending the stream.

Stream is scheduled for Thursday night/Friday afternoon.

Draco_The

Smash Lord
The stream started acting weird and then my Wi-Fi turned off itself.

Welp. Good stream. Did the other guy who was watching it get to see that folder?

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Well, I haven't been here in a while.

College sucks. Finals suck. Final projects suck. You know the deal.

Just in case anyone's curious about who I'm working on, here's a hint:

Low res texture is low. But I don't make 100% custom textures, so this is the best I can do for now.
Even though I have PS, I still use Gimp for some reason... Don't ask me why.

It will be an import and a psa, so that's going to be fun.

Chrom is being difficult to rig for a multitude of reasons. Don't know if KJP is still agreeing to help me out or not with it, but we'll see :V

Taking a break from Link, for a bit. Don't even remember how many animations I had left or I wanted to redo.

Jmanthesmasher683

Smash Journeyman
well the dream is over, ganondorf will be a clone of falcon until the project m team unclones him, or unless someone picks up on the project. there is a good sword ganondorf though, despite being unbalanced for competitive play at the moment. glad you posted your unfinished files.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I believe that all the animation files SHOULD have been put in the motionetc. All that's left is the coding.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
So, as some of you know I'm helping out with the Waluweegee PSA and stuff and things.
And then I got bored because hacking takes up a **** ton of time and not hacking makes me have a lot of free time.

So I did some things and stuff

Will be changing the crotch-cloth cover plus the belt. Needs to be rigged.

He needs to be optimized, then rigged

His rig needs a few fixes and then he'll be done

His rig needs to be tested, but otherwise he's done

Rig needs to be tested, but otherwise he's done

Cahalan

Smash Ace
So, as some of you know I'm helping out with the Waluweegee PSA and stuff and things.
And then I got bored because hacking takes up a **** ton of time and not hacking makes me have a lot of free time.

So I did some things and stuff

Will be changing the crotch-cloth cover plus the belt. Needs to be rigged.

He needs to be optimized, then rigged

His rig needs a few fixes and then he'll be done

His rig needs to be tested, but otherwise he's done

Rig needs to be tested, but otherwise he's done
I'm digging the street fighter models (SF4 IIRC, and 'MURICAN FAMILY MAN FTW) so far! :)

Also, why not tackle the more finer details of brawl modding (menu aesthetics, trophy flavor text, the like... character skins maybe) by any chance of a blue moon you become un-retired-ish for a short period of time to mitigate the time consumption problems?

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
Man those Street Fighter models are awesome! Wish I could import Smash 4 Ryu into Brawl now.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
I'm digging the street fighter models (SF4 IIRC, and 'MURICAN FAMILY MAN FTW) so far! :)

Also, why not tackle the more finer details of brawl modding (menu aesthetics, trophy flavor text, the like... character skins maybe) by any chance of a blue moon you become un-retired-ish for a short period of time to mitigate the time consumption problems?
I'm not a creative person when it comes to aesthetics. I can make good color decisions and whatnot, but otherwise I flounder a lot.
Trophy flavor text, don't wanna say anything about this. No reason, really.
Character skins? Textures? Cant' do those

won't have as much time as I do now, so I can't commit to too much.

Man those Street Fighter models are awesome! Wish I could import Smash 4 Ryu into Brawl now.
I could probably import Smash4 Ryu, but I already have SF4 Ryu set up. IDK, Smash4 Ryu would probably be easy. IDK, man.

Last edited:

jackal27

Smash Journeyman
I could probably import Smash4 Ryu, but I already have SF4 Ryu set up. IDK, Smash4 Ryu would probably be easy. IDK, man.
Oh nonono! I mean the actual playable character himself. So that I could stick these over him. These are plenty good!

Also, get out of here with that not a creative person talk! You just made some awesome model imports and you should prooooobably keep doing that, haha.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Oh nonono! I mean the actual playable character himself. So that I could stick these over him. These are plenty good!

Also, get out of here with that not a creative person talk! You just made some awesome model imports and you should prooooobably keep doing that, haha.
Importing stuff is mad easy. Actually making original stuff is hard.

Cahalan

Smash Ace
The question now becomes.

Am I making this stuff for mods?
Or am I making this for a portfolio?

Hell, even I don't know

Why not both? If you begin to love modding again, and want to go into a career in 3D modeling/animation, you now have some sort of knowledge before entering the formal education side of things.

Also the gifycat is a bit broken...

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Update to the gfycat from earlier.

Will change because of obvious reasons

Last edited:

Nanobuds

Smash Ace
He looks unbalanced when he transitions back into the idle. When hes lunged forward, his front leg shouldn't just glide back into place like that. I feel like if you add more "oomph" and have him push off the ground backward with that front leg a bit more, he will feel more balanced

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Yeah, ill work on it when i get back from class. More of a chance of me not to change the animation because IF this was made into a PSA, the IASA would be before the step back.

And who doesn't like abusing IASA frames?

btw more animations to stare at

Not a fan of this one, will probably change it

Will probably make the swing faster
Made the swing faster

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Because someone wanted me to stream again, I'll be streaming at http://picarto.tv/LargeLeader
I have no idea how picarto works so this will be a journey for the both of us.

I'll probably be streaming on Tuesdays and Thursdays from around 5-8pm est and Fridays+Weekends erratically. Check back here if you want to know when I'm streaming or just send me a PM. I usually reply. Sometimes.

I'm also going to be doing some experimental animation stuff (like if I was animating for a cutscene or something). Just depends on how much time I have and if I remember what I want to do.

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Stream scheduled for Friday at around 3-4afternoon, EST. Have to go to an internship orientation at around 1 pm

Last edited:

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Could I get a link for the stream? Couldn't find it here.
Because someone wanted me to stream again, I'll be streaming at http://picarto.tv/LargeLeader
I have no idea how picarto works so this will be a journey for the both of us.

I'll probably be streaming on Tuesdays and Thursdays from around 5-8pm est and Fridays+Weekends erratically. Check back here if you want to know when I'm streaming or just send me a PM. I usually reply. Sometimes.

I'm also going to be doing some experimental animation stuff (like if I was animating for a cutscene or something). Just depends on how much time I have and if I remember what I want to do.

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Thought I had to get off, but I don't.

Soooo, I'm gonna start streaming again. Right now

drogoth232

Smash Lord
Stream's over. In the... about four hours I was streaming, I didn't get much done lol. Just 3 animations and then some rig testing. The animations are pretty rough and need a lot of polish (especially Roy's).

Top Bottom