• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Button-Smash 2015 Results 1st Post

NQuad1Zero

Smash Cadet
Should I still attend being a senior high school student who has trouble convincing their parent to let them go to a gaming weekend costing potentially a hundred bucks cuz studies are more important? T-T

Also, I would host someone whos like flying here (seeing this events so hype and all), but my house is small and unsure if parent would allow stranger to stay lol.

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
Website is back up, some account issues but should be smooth from here on.

@nNQuad1Zero there is a casual pass available for $20 that allows you entry to the venue and to play friendlies if money/parents are a big issue.

NQuad1Zero

Smash Cadet
@nNQuad1Zero there is a casual pass available for $20 that allows you entry to the venue and to play friendlies if money/parents are a big issue.
Isnt that 20 dollar pass for some Young Blood USFIV tournament? Or does that also allow entrance to the venue + getting to play around with whoever you find?
Also on the website, the 50dollar entrance fee is just the entrance fee I thought? why is there like all the event names with like 10 or 5 dollar tickets?

Darkwing SykeDuk

Smash Dankist
20 entry - allowed to enter venue, not allowed to register for $ tournaments
50 entry - as above but allowed to register for tournaments

the 50 is to allow you to enter the other tournaments, which you then must pay to compete. The $10 and $5 entries go toward the pot whilst the $50/$20 goes toward the venue fee/equipment hire etc.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Ayyy lmao who wants to house an SA SADBOY
Pros: You get a sweet recording setup and possibly stream if your internet is good. Get a chance to play against extremely basic shield pressure and beat me on every stage except FD
Cons: I play falco + am from SA

Splice

Smash Hero
Haven't booked yet but am looking to confirm housing first.
I'll be at home (In VIC) to organise it in January, but hopefully Phrase/Mytus/Spup can keep a spot free between them for me? <3

woodsta

Smash Apprentice
Haven't booked yet but am looking to confirm housing first.
I'll be at home (In VIC) to organise it in January, but hopefully Phrase/Mytus/Spup can keep a spot free between them for me? <3
Mytus... doesn't live here anymore.

:'(

Russ The Love Muss

I just want to love you
NNID
RussellTLM
I may be able to house 1 or 2 people but I still live with my Mum and I also don't drive. City is pretty accessible from my house though; can get to the venue within an hour with public transport and transport runs back to mine until around midnight. I'd also only be comfortable housing someone I'm cool with and have preferably met before since I'm living with family; I'll be at MW2 though so I'll have the chance meet more of you.

I should be able to lock in whether or not I can house people in the next few weeks.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
I'm looking to drive down on the Friday night and stay somewhere if there's any room anywhere. Maybe the Saturday night too. I don't want to have to drive from gympie early on Saturday morning.

Alternatively if interstates are splitting accom I will get in on that.

Last edited:

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
Just wondering b/c I can bring my stream setup with me to QLD so at the very least we can have another recording setup if the internet doesn't allow for it

Last edited:

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Just noticed that this is on soundwave weekend. If you're gonna stay in the city you should probably consider booking sooner rather than later to avoid higher prices.

Wizzow

Smash Cadet
Anyone know from a previous BS what time it generally starts? Trying to figure out if it's better to find a place to stay or just make my way up from the GC each day.

Kaiza

Smash Journeyman
@ Darkwing SykeDuk Darkwing SykeDuk please let me know regarding stream. I'm willing to do a high quality stream for this event if you're cool with it and so long as the internet at the venue will allow it, all I would need on your end is to secure an LCD screen for the commentators

Top Bottom