• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Rake if their alignments aren't confirmed, I wouldn't protect them unless I was sure they were town.

So if they aren't aligned, that isn't a scum tell.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
It works both ways unconfirmed.
it would be dependent on what his masonry partners read on him was.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
Bardull i want you to explain why your voting joker, and then i'll tell you if it's the same reason i am.
Fair enough ?

sneakytako

Smash Lord
If my partner steps forward Rake and defends me, what protects him from NK? If he is going to be confirmed town after my flip, what defends him from getting NKed if he is revealed? Sounds like a good plan for scum to kill confirmed town.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Because I'm joking around.

Didn't like his post during the Tako claim. Specifically this one:

^ yea I was gonna mention this... He can't do that
Fluff, lackluster contribution. Don't like his earlier questions and seems like he's trying to come off as though he's actually contributing.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm actually really ok with this lynch, honestly. Would shoot, but I'm saving that for RR in the event that he doesn't find himself coherent enough to read and outline his thought process so far.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Sneaky's blatant putsing and not understand the situation screams more town, as scum, I read his newbie game, I don't see him doing this as scum to push himself into this situation when he felt like there was a good pro to him claiming, he didn't fully understand his role from what I am gathering which looks more like a town slip over a scum one.

BSP

Smash Legend
Why shot / lynched ?
Who are you looking into now?
Shot because he was suspicious at that time, but we should hold off on that right now.

Right now I want something from Toaster. I didn't like that he didn't have anything to say about Taco and chatterbox.

What changed between these two posts ?
Nothing changed

Why would you default to uniformed but still want him shot ?
The "but" was supposed to mean that I'm holding off on the uninformed.

This is pointless.
Explain why you brought up his prod-dodge beyond to press people to see what they think.
That was it, and to get opinions on what I was thinking.

Please never use wifom reasoning like this on a slot again.
Alrighty.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
So I wanna buddy with bar. I wonder if he's alright with that.
Bar, think of batman and robin.

We're that kind of team if we bud.
Oh come on, it's not fishy, it's just dumb looking,
Vinyl and Kantrip, sitting in a tree. S-C-U-M-M-M.... EEEE.

If he was assuming that it was a role that killed you for being inactive, I can understand the assumption that it would be a scum role. Keeping scum from being a lurking/inactive ******* that nobody can read sounds like a legit restriction.

I didn't know **** about the role until it was fully explained here, cuz I couldn't find anything about it either. Now sure what the hell he was reading about it.

EBWOP: *Not* sure what he was reading
Joker+Tako too.

What he says doesn't add up. He seems to have known a decent bit about the ability since he asked Rake to stop posting to see if that led to a modkill, but if he knew that, I'm not sure where exactly he got the scum implication from because as Bardull said, it's only been a town role.
No no, not only that it's "only been a town role". The important part here is that it's ONLY been an OS role minus Zen's OS Deadpool tribute game.

The point is: at some point he went out and did research, found the chatterbox role in one of those games, took it for a role that could appear again, then used it as fuel against someone else. He literally has no understanding of where or what it is: but is more than happy to paint doubt on someone's slot with the idea that it might be here. He cherry picked that role for ammo and it's mad grimy.

Believe me, I'm as confused about how he came to that conclusion as you are. But it boils down to him just not understanding the role. If Tako was scum, it still doesn't make sense for him to assume chatterbox = scum. Regardless of his alignment, all it means is that he's dumb :p
Not all things are null tells. Almost nothing in a mafia game is a null tell.

He brought up a role that's near guaranteed not to be included as a reason to suspect someone and curb their posting, that's not null. That's "Kill it with fire" suspicious, and you letting him out of it as "dumb" is pretty strange as well. (a.k.a. we're looking at you if he flips scum)

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Good question.

There was actually nothing scummy about Vinyl's post. My intent was to skip RVS as much as possible. I think I accomplished this and started the game off with actual discussion. You're welcome.

Rake's jump on me felt sincere.

The vote is fine, and providing reasoning is great, but this is really scummy. Your jump on my wagon is such a safe cop-out, I don't think this is legitimate.

Wut.

Wut.

@Tako: Where did you learn about the chatterbox restriction?

While I won't argue with your choice of shot, I would like you to explain how Tako could be scum right now. I'm just not seeing it.

This is grimy. The first paragraph comes off as joking, and then you go and say he's painting Rake in a bad light. What are you implying with that? Because I'm getting an implication that you're hinting at Tako scum since "painting Rake in a bad light" is not a town thing to do.

Leaning town on Rake, scum on Joker. I doubt they are scum together.
Tako town, Bardull null.

Vote: Joker
Kantrip, I want you to realize you just expected us all to believe that you simotaneously felt the need to use a large font "WUT" to describe Tako's actions, yet will accept him as town. That makes no sense.

Kantrip, Tako, Joker scumteam: GG.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Anyone have a case for JokerTown? Lay it on me.

JD, I secretly love you and expect big things from your pants slot. Don't agree with KantyScum though, talk to me about it. Tako is most likely fine.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
That ninja.

I read Kantrip's "wut" as more of a "wtf this **** makes no sense" and wasn't an implication of Takoscum at the time because, well, frankly, I was thinking "wtf this **** makes no sense" when I read Tako's push on Rake.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
We'll see, I'm only to page 4ish right now and am calling it as I see it. Between the opening post and reading Tako as Town I'm unsure of him.

(I get that, but what I don't get is where the implication that you don't understand someone's actions means they must be town)

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Anyone have a case for JokerTown? Lay it on me.

JD, I secretly love you and expect big things from your pants slot. Don't agree with KantyScum though, talk to me about it. Tako is most likely fine.
How does one make a case for being town? The real question is, where's your case for me as scum, because all you've done is post little inklings that hardly support a solid scumread.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Stop the crustaceans from taking over the ocean. Scary shrimp are driving all of the wildlife away from the beaches and shaving the profits of fishermen everywhere. The massive number of carcasses smearing the coastline in blood everywhere, the ocean is being shot with a blow that it cannot recover from. Save the ocean today baby.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
My case is made up of just about all your posts this phase; you've literally asked only pointless questions and made pointless contributions (aka fluff) without making an active attempt at scum hunting. Even now, your play caters to a defensive and passive approach that doesn't support Town. It's only when I poke you that you attempt to poke back, but you're not trying to take the initiative at any time otherwise.

Someone making a case for JokerTown would be someone showing Town where your Town intent lays and explains your thought process/approach to the game. So far, I haven't seen pro-town intent from anything you've done, really. If I have, it was small and minuscule in comparison to most of the cast.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
and if you're concerned over me not contributing my thoughts, I'll go ahead and mention this

I don't like Kantrip because of his backpedaling. (In fact, practically everyone in this game has thrown out some BS tactic/gambit at the start, and overall it's pretty frustrating trying to read any of it, because everyone is making it abundantly clear that nothing means anything, because everyone is lying all the time for no reason.) I single out Kantrip because I happened to find his BS the least believable, because he actually targeted a player with his shenanigan, then backdoor'd his way out when a wagon began forming on him for it.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
You... you seriously think his goal in the long run was getting you lynched?

Oh my, Rake....

I have a suggestion for you. Think first. Ask questions later. Vote even later than that. Right now you're going with a hybrid of vote first, ask questions later and vote first, ask questions later, proceed to not care about the questions anymore, and skip the thinking part altogether.

@BSP's last post: I agree. I have absolutely no idea wtf Tako is thinking, but I also have no idea wtf anyone who finds his shenanigans scummy is thinking either.
Kantrip I'll be straight with you: you can't blow off someone else's actions as "must have been looking for reactions he's a genius" without actually being them. You aren't them, you can't know that unless you have a QT with them, and right now that's very likely considering both of your overall scummy play.

And don't try to pretend this isn't what you were doing both here and with your opening read posts: hand waving something as "I planned it guys". That's how I get away with things as scum. We might swallow you yourself planning for a way out of RVS begrudgingly, but we're not going to sit here and let you walk someone else off on the assumption they know what they're doing before they explain it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Here's an example. What were you trying to achieve with this? How are you progressing the game forward by posting this as a response? Are you just trolling, or was this an actual response to my assertion of JokerScum?
It was a little bit of both. I found your assertion of jokerscum to be kinda ridiculous. I'm trying to have fun this game, but I disagree with the notion that I haven't contributed anything.

Also I dunno why you're pushing me when Rake is sheeping it up so hard. He jumps on my wagon immediately after your vote, gives no reason, then asks you what your reason is so he can agree/disagree with it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
and if you're concerned over me not contributing my thoughts, I'll go ahead and mention this

I don't like Kantrip because of his backpedaling. (In fact, practically everyone in this game has thrown out some BS tactic/gambit at the start, and overall it's pretty frustrating trying to read any of it, because everyone is making it abundantly clear that nothing means anything, because everyone is lying all the time for no reason.) I single out Kantrip because I happened to find his BS the least believable, because he actually targeted a player with his shenanigan, then backdoor'd his way out when a wagon began forming on him for it.
See, we need more of this.

Kantrip's RVS post was some seriously silly shenanigans and reads to me as Kantrip playing RVS. Kantrip has been playing Mafia long enough to the point where he wouldn't grasp at something as small as a confirm post, doing that is literally the dumbest thing on the planet and luckily for the both of us, Kantrip isn't that stupid.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
See, we need more of this.

Kantrip's RVS post was some seriously silly shenanigans and reads to me as Kantrip playing RVS. Kantrip has been playing Mafia long enough to the point where he wouldn't grasp at something as small as a confirm post, doing that is literally the dumbest thing on the planet and luckily for the both of us, Kantrip isn't that stupid.
I wouldn't know what Kantrip's experience is, because he never answered any of the times that people asked him.

and RVS aside, I wasn't all that satisfied with his justification for why he did it. Seemed to me more like he was hoping for people to jump on the Vinyltrain with him, and when it didn't happen, he just claimed it was a silly joke.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
It was a little bit of both. I found your assertion of jokerscum to be kinda ridiculous. I'm trying to have fun this game, but I disagree with the notion that I haven't contributed anything.

Also I dunno why you're pushing me when Rake is sheeping it up so hard. He jumps on my wagon immediately after your vote, gives no reason, then asks you what your reason is so he can agree/disagree with it.
I'm focusing on you, Rake comes later if and when he comes within my sights as a juvenile.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I wouldn't know what Kantrip's experience is, because he never answered any of the times that people asked him.

and RVS aside, I wasn't all that satisfied with his justification for why he did it. Seemed to me more like he was hoping for people to jump on the Vinyltrain with him, and when it didn't happen, he just claimed it was a silly joke.
Kantrip has been playing on Dgames for at least a year or so. Off and on afaik, but generally consistent.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I know I did. Somebody also asked a bunch of people at the beginning how much experience a bunch of people had, but I actually don't remember if Kantrip was on that list.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
PS: I just got to Tako's explaination, he explained it poorly.

Hi guys I'm back.

So my explanation to my rake reasoning.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Uq7y3ecRxn4

Seriously, I thought chatterbox was almost always scum, I just remembered it wrong. I was 100% sure chatterboxes were scum, and I thought the idea that town chatterboxes were blasphemous.

Other than that I really have no explanation. I really can't defend myself since it does look scummy from an objective point of view, even if it is a ridiculous scum move. And if I play myself off that I was stupid, I can't stop you from suspecting that this was all deliberate.

But if you do decide to lynch/NK me, I'd like some heads up because my role can help clear up the role of another player. Depending on how the rest of toDay goes I'll reveal my hints if I'm going to die, but honestly I'd like to wait to make this play until I know ima dead.

If you guys lynch me I have no one to blame but myself. But I promise to help town the best I can for the remaining time I may have left.

Here's the problem: how could you even not remember something that you used to paint someone as scummy, then you later claim you didn't understand enough about to realize it wasn't a normal mafia role. For you to even know of the role you'd have had to find it in an OS Game/Deadpool Mafia, wherein all Deadpools from OS were town and everyone in the entire game (scum AND town) were chatterbox in Deadpool Mafia. Then you'd have to twist that role enough that you'd decide you wanted to use it to paint suspicion on someone as a mostly scum role, then claim to have simply forgotten that it isn't one... while still knowing about the role in the first place? It doesn't follow, you don't forget something you just learned about. You misunderstand it, you don't forget.

You say specifically "The idea of town chatterbox is blasphemous". You don't get that opinion by claiming not to know a role inside and out. It's just not logical for a town to bring up, and especially not at the point you did when there really wasn't that much posting by Rake for you to accuse him of it reasonably, even in an OS game.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
PS: I just got to Tako's explaination, he explained it poorly.

Here's the problem: how could you even not remember something that you used to paint someone as scummy, then you later claim you didn't understand enough about to realize it wasn't a normal mafia role. For you to even know of the role you'd have had to find it in an OS Game/Deadpool Mafia, wherein all Deadpools from OS were town and everyone in the entire game (scum AND town) were chatterbox in Deadpool Mafia. Then you'd have to twist that role enough that you'd decide you wanted to use it to paint suspicion on someone as a mostly scum role, then claim to have simply forgotten that it isn't one... while still knowing about the role in the first place? It doesn't follow, you don't forget something you just learned about. You misunderstand it, you don't forget.

You say specifically "The idea of town chatterbox is blasphemous". You don't get that opinion by claiming not to know a role inside and out. It's just not logical for a town to bring up, and especially not at the point you did when there really wasn't that much posting by Rake for you to accuse him of it reasonably, even in an OS game.
I thought this was kinda obvious, but the point is that he thought he fully understood the role. Clearly, he did not, and he sees that now.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Why do you care if I PM John? I could lie about it and tell him he confirmed anyway.

I'm going with Rake/Bardul scum right now, they are trying to get me to slip by not trusting my partner.

@Riddle: That's an awesome idea, I'll make a cypher to reveal later.
That's a terrible scum team read, and the second idea will get you modkilled. No code.

Top Bottom