• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
one that is giving me pause is the fact that tako seemed to be surprised by the idea of unaligned masons, something which would not surprise him as scum in a masonry with a town player, because of course then he would know that they were unconfirmed alignments and that his partner was town.
I would guess highly that if scum he is no mason.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
You don't seem to grasp the concept that the role is restricted to games hosted by Overswarm, with the one exception being the one off game deadpool mafia.

It has never appeared before that because OS invented it for superhero's mafia. And it has never appeared after Deadpool mafia.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

JD, i already hit on that point by saying that by claiming mason he could be trying to brach out to his scum bud & try to get a mason clear on him.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

You don't seem to grasp the concept that the role is restricted to games hosted by Overswarm, with the one exception being the one off game deadpool mafia.

It has never appeared before that because OS invented it for superhero's mafia. And it has never appeared after Deadpool mafia.
Quoting for emphasis.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, I'm honestly completely dumbfounded that Tako is still even considering chatterbox instead of saying "ok sorry guys I was wrong". The ONLY explanation for this is he's now pushing the "dumb" card and hard in the hopes it works, no one misreads or fails to read that hard.

Joker + Tako most obvious of scumbuddies, lynch them high and hard.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm not trying to say that there's much chance of it, but it's not like it's completely impossible. I don't see why it would be restricted to OS games, just because it's only been in his games. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any belief that the role is present in this game. But it's possible, cuz the role isn't listed as being "confirmed not in the game".

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
JD, understand this though.

I never said to lynch Rake. If I was to assume that Rake was chatterbox, I thought it was 100% likely to be scum at first, then my confidence went down when Rake proposed the idea that chatterbox could be scum. When I first read the description of chatterbox I thought for sure this would be a scum power. My idea was if Rake was chatterbox then he would be scum, so we could just smoke him out by posting a ton and get a free read.

I still think there's a small possibility he has chatterbox, but now I know that modkilling him doesn't mean we kill scum.
@Bold: Yes, your confidence went down when Rake suggested that the scum role you were pushing could be scum. You can't even get your defense straight.

@Underlined: Where did you hear about chatterbox? Be specific.

@Everyone else in the game: How are your votes not on Tako this very instant?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I moved to joker because he jumped on tako opportunistically IMO when i was hammering away at tako.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Lol, just realized I still had this tab open and saw this crazy talk of chatterbox. Tako, why assume Rake has chatterbox restriction? Go read a game with him in it, you'll see this is how he always posts XD

That's such a left field accusation to make, why are you painting Rake in a bad light?
Right here.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'm thinking it was more of a light bus attempt so you could appear to be proactively involved in tako's lynch should it occur.

Jdietz43

BRoomer
BRoomer
Asdf Joker you're so grimy, even in response.

I'm out for now, when I get back I hope more people are on either of these two.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Eh. I'd say trust me but that would be silly.

I'd say go with your gut on who you trust.

If you feel like your tako town read is falling apart, just give me a quick summary of what pushed you away from it.

And why you felt he was town initially.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Ryu, it seems like right now voting on tako / joker seems to be the direction people are going, if you have separate scum picks I'm all ears on why you feel that way on em.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Ok, I'm honestly completely dumbfounded that Tako is still even considering chatterbox instead of saying "ok sorry guys I was wrong". The ONLY explanation for this is he's now pushing the "dumb" card and hard in the hopes it works, no one misreads or fails to read that hard.

Joker + Tako most obvious of scumbuddies, lynch them high and hard.
The fact that you think whatever conspiracy theory pops into your head is "the only possible explanation" just proves how little you've thought it through.

Him trying to play "the dumb card" doesn't make him scum, it just means he's trying not to get lynched. Scum aren't the only guys who want to avoid the rope. Townies want to live too, because if they die, the scum get that much closer to winning.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
And the fact that I'm sticking up for him doesn't make us buddies either. It just means that you guys are pushing him for reasons that are stupid, and I'm pointing it out. Now you guys wanna push me, that's fine. If you've got a case then present it, because it just seems like you guys are trying to rush something that you clearly haven't thought through.

John2k4

The End of an Era
@Mod: To what extent does this rule prevent nearly impossible to discover breadcrumbing. Can you clarify it?
Don't post things like cipered text, which can only be read through decoding via a key. Posting breadcrumbs (Ex: dropping a key word in a post and referring to it later on) is okay.

---------------

Day One:

Kantrip(2): PrivateJoker, BSP
sneakytako(1): JDietz43
PrivateJoker(3): Kantrip, Rake. BarBelL

Not Voting(6): Red Ruy, ToasterBrains, 194, Riddle, SneakyTako, Vinyl

Deadline is set to: September 21st, 11:59PM MST

Smash Rookie
He did, but after how many people asked him? He first asserted it wasn't a good step.

This in particular is what I disliked most:

If he was Town and there was a chance that the person he thought was confirmed Town with him was not confirmed: why would he ever feel the need to lie about the results of asking for clarification?

As town you would be very much wanting to let the rest of town know whether the person you're in communication with can be trusted or not for later (as well as know yourself). There's no town intent in lying about it, he'd be asking the mod right away upon hearing that it was questionable and he could simply ask and receive. You would want town to be able to be sure of your mason partner if you die and flip town mason.
In fact, he could be lying about the whole "I'll ask the mod" stuff. First, if he didn't receive a mod confirmation about his partner straight at game start, it's very unlikely to get it after, as that would mean the mod didn't intend to confirm it. Second, if he's scum, he doesn't need to ask for the alignment of his partner, because he would already know if he's scum or not. If he was town, on the other hand, knowing the information of his partner would be tremendous for him and for us. The only reasons I can see to avoid giving us that info is that either they both are scum, or they have a third party alignment/lovers relationship.

I'm not trying to say that there's much chance of it, but it's not like it's completely impossible. I don't see why it would be restricted to OS games, just because it's only been in his games. Don't get me wrong, I don't have any belief that the role is present in this game. But it's possible, cuz the role isn't listed as being "confirmed not in the game".
True, it's possible, but... seriously. How many roles have been seen in SWF Mafias so far? From all the roles, would you instantly assume it is a role that has been seen in only two games so far, all hosted by the same guy, and one of them being a joke? Furthermore, not only he assumed the role exsited, but he gave it a scum flavor instantly.

It is 100% impossible that it would be present in this game
While I do believe it too, how can you be so sure?

The fact that you think whatever conspiracy theory pops into your head is "the only possible explanation" just proves how little you've thought it through.

Him trying to play "the dumb card" doesn't make him scum, it just means he's trying not to get lynched. Scum aren't the only guys who want to avoid the rope. Townies want to live too, because if they die, the scum get that much closer to winning.
But, if he wanted to survive (and get town points again), wouldn't it be much easier to just admit his mistake and carry on? Trying to hold water in an already flawed enough theory isn't any better than admitting it is flawed.

Yeah, I was absent during a good while. I should have notified anyway, but you guys didn't seem to miss me :c

@Tako, given current game status so far, name three players likely to have chatterbox restrictions. I can see clearly three of them. Does that make them all scum?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
But, if he wanted to survive (and get town points again), wouldn't it be much easier to just admit his mistake and carry on? Trying to hold water in an already flawed enough theory isn't any better than admitting it is flawed.

Yeah, I was absent during a good while. I should have notified anyway, but you guys didn't seem to miss me :c

@Tako, given current game status so far, name three players likely to have chatterbox restrictions. I can see clearly three of them. Does that make them all scum?
He did admit he was wrong. I don't know why he's still asserting that Rake may be chatterbox. Much like the first time, it doesn't really prove he's scum, it just proves he's dumb. The idea that he isn't smart should be fairly apparent at this point.

I don't think pursuing this idea of chatterbox being in the game is even the slightest bit worthwhile. Please don't encourage it.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

I'm sure because the role clutters the game and is pointless for all intensive purposes beyond being an annoyance, the only upside to the role is it's ability to create a neighborhood type relationship between deadpool and another player, which is deadpools ability on top of being able to post during the nightPhase

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

JD, understand this though.

I never said to lynch Rake. If I was to assume that Rake was chatterbox, I thought it was 100% likely to be scum at first, then my confidence went down when Rake proposed the idea that chatterbox could be scum. When I first read the description of chatterbox I thought for sure this would be a scum power. My idea was if Rake was chatterbox then he would be scum, so we could just smoke him out by posting a ton and get a free read.

I still think there's a small possibility he has chatterbox, but now I know that modkilling him doesn't mean we kill scum.
I'm going to assume he meant when i proposed the idea of it being town, which isn't a proposal , it is a fact.

Underlined: Where did you read it specifically.

Italics: You need to let this go because holding on to it to this extent is not helping you at all

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
---------------

Day One:

Kantrip(2): PrivateJoker, BSP
sneakytako(1): JDietz43
PrivateJoker(3): Kantrip, Rake. BarBelL

Not Voting(6): Red Ruy, ToasterBrains, 194, Riddle, SneakyTako, Vinyl

Deadline is set to: September 21st, 11:59PM MST
Rake was the 3rd person on my wagon, not the 2nd.

I point it out, because it was a hardcore sheep. More on that in a bit.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Although technically sheeping would be following without reason, which i had(reasoning
), so it's more like advanced sheeping / voting someone i'm interested in applying pressure to

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You mean the reasoning you gave after you asked Bardull why he voted me so you could "see if it was the same".

Then you dropped the push immediately after.

Then JDietz started pushing me.

Now all of a sudden you're ready and willing to push again.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
in fact, I'm looking back through the thread and you NEVER actually gave a reason. You asked BarDulL to give his reasoning so you could "see if it was the same", and you never even so much as confirmed whether or not it was the same. You literally didn't give reasoning. Textbook sheep.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

@Bold: Yes, your confidence went down when Rake suggested that the scum role you were pushing could be scum. You can't even get your defense straight.

@Underlined: Where did you hear about chatterbox? Be specific.

@Everyone else in the game: How are your votes not on Tako this very instant?
I moved to joker because he jumped on tako opportunistically IMO when i was hammering away at tako.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Still not seeing how that's me making an "opportunistic jump" or a "light bus". It's not like I voted him. I stated what I was thinking at the time I had finished catching up. I changed my mind later. Why is that so difficult to believe?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If anything ,you were the one being opportunistic. Your reason for jumping on me IMMEDIATELY after BarDulL did was based entirely on something I had done literally a day before that.

Top Bottom