• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

BarDulL

Town Vampire
**** it. Sure, why not. Neighbor should out himself, then explain the message Tako left. Will make this tons easier.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I want Tako's other neighbor buddy to put himself if he doesn't we lynch him for lying.

Any objections?

:phone:
Ya know what? That's actually fine with me. Scum are gonna kill townies every night anyway, but if we get a confirmed Masonry, then the scum have to decide between searching for more powerful roles, or getting rid of confirmed townies. Anyone object to this?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm Bob [Dragon], Town Mason

Tako can confirm me himself, since he's still alive.

I'm wary about using the hint he left because based on what John said earlier in the thread, it might be considered an illegal cipher. It doesn't technically require a "key" to read, but you do have no know what letters to pick out of the message, and there's a distinct pattern.

Since it isn't necessary, I'd rather pretend it isn't there in case using it is considered cheating. As it is, it's just a series of sentences that don't make sense in the context of this game.

John2k4

The End of an Era
actually let me see something:

@mod: can you confirm the non-existence of the chatter-box role in this game ?
I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of any roles beyond what it states in the OP.

also i'm not actually talking about it, i'm hoping that john is not going to post the obligatory :
I can neither confirm nor deny the presence of any roles beyond what it states in the OP.

That's all I will say with regards to questions on roles not mentioned in the OP.

---------

Forewarning: I have family over for the rest of the day, and birthday tomorrow. I might not be able to respond to questions directed at me in a timely manner; sorry for any inconvenience it causes. I'm keeping up via phone and answering things from my laptop when I have a chance.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm Bob [Dragon], Town Mason

Tako can confirm me himself, since he's still alive.

I'm wary about using the hint he left because based on what John said earlier in the thread, it might be considered an illegal cipher. It doesn't technically require a "key" to read, but you do have no know what letters to pick out of the message, and there's a distinct pattern.

Since it isn't necessary, I'd rather pretend it isn't there in case using it is considered cheating. As it is, it's just a series of sentences that don't make sense in the context of this game.
This was my third guess, not sure why you made the earlier post though.

You can confirm the hidden message, don't worry about it, you won't die, yada yada.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I almost half expected it to be PJB considering his sudden interest in defending tako and going after me

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
..... i'ma be mad if we die

hint is here

Stop the crustaceans from taking over the ocean. Scary shrimp are driving all of the wildlife away from the beaches and shaving the profits of fishermen everywhere. The massiving number of carcasses smearing the west are rising from beaches everywhere, the ocean is being shot with a blow that it cannot recover from. Save the ocean today.

Take the forth letter from every word starting with 'S'.

Stop Scary Shrimp shaving Smearing shot save
P r i v a t e

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You're dead, but at least we got your slot out of the way.

Just joking.

Rake, are you comfortable with PJB's mason play?

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

and why he made posts like "why are you trying to paint rake in a bad light ?"
Not something one mason partner should be doing in any circumstance

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Because he was painting you in a bad light, and I didn't know why. I didn't want to seem like I was blind to his existence.

And really Rake? You wanna know why I didn't defend him more? I've literally defended the town possibility of everything he's done more than any other 3 people combined, what more did you want me to do? Give him a solid town read, despite his awful play?

He started in with the chatterbox thing when I wasn't around. He told me about it in the QT, but he only waited about 20 minutes before diving in with it. By the time I saw what was going on, I tried to tell him "Noooooooooooooooooooooo!" but it was too late.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

also the possibility of mafia aligned masons is by no means a stretch.

all in all their play does not line up , so i want them both to explain in full detail before i bite into this mason apple.

I still have not forgone the idea that tako could be scum and is now extending the "mason" branch to his scum partner pjb.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

you could have posted anything else that would make it clear you were not ignoring him but you chose to word it that way. You also chose to forgo using your qt to figure tak out in favor of posting that

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Also, there wasn't even a precedent for you to mention him, it's not like someone said: YO joker , what do you think about what's going on ? You outed your opinion of your own free will.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I asked john about the Mason Alignment ordeal. He told me my role was "textbook Mason from mafiascum wiki" and that it had "zero alterations". Since the mafiascum wiki lists the mafia-aligned mason as a Variation, and the textbook version says that the Masons "know they are town", I'm inclined to confirm Tako as town. I asked him to send the response to Tako too so he should be able to confirm the same thing. Tako never mentioned it because I only just got it a couple hours ago and Tako has been gone.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

he was hot topic in the thread, so of course you may feel the need to weigh in, but you chose to do it in a scummier manner than what was necessary especially considering you two are apparently masons

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
you could have posted anything else that would make it clear you were not ignoring him but you chose to word it that way. You also chose to forgo using your qt to figure tak out in favor of posting that
I typically ask a lot of questions from people all the time in these games. I kinda thought it might look off if I didn't publicly question Tako, because a few of the people in this game have played with me before and might think it was off. Maybe that was paranoid, but there ya go.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Rake, you are clinging awfully hard to ONE thing that I said. You could go through the thread and probably find more than a dozen posts where I defended Tako.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

yes i am because it's important.
The distinction is you choose to question your mason partner in a scummy manner over any other matter by saying : why are you painting rake in a bad light.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
then why didn't you ask : "Tako, what are you doing ?"
because that's not the question that came to mind? I wasn't curious about what he was doing, because what he was doing looked to be that he was painting you in a bad light. So I just asked him why. Maybe that could have been more carefully thought out, but it wasn't.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Nobody knew that but me. Why would I take it easy on him? I wasn't even sure whether or not I should be distancing myself from him at that point. At that moment, what he did seemed pretty damning. When I realized how ill-thought out his plan was, and the inherent flaws in it, I changed strategies to explaining it away with stupidity. I've stuck to that story ever since.

Riddle

Smash Lord
What makes distancing yourself from a player that is confirmed town to you a good idea in any way? It just doesn't make any sense to me. There's absolutely no reason to do so.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i am going to have to spell this out i see.

You two are confirmed town to each other as masons, therefore there is no reason you should be questioning tako's intent in any manner because you know he is town. There is no reason you need to worry because he is confirmed alignment to you.

Secondly:
Nobody knew that but me. Why would I take it easy on him? I wasn't even sure whether or not I should be distancing myself from him at that point. At that moment, what he did seemed pretty damning. When I realized how ill-thought out his plan was, and the inherent flaws in it, I changed strategies to explaining it away with stupidity. I've stuck to that story ever since.
Underlined : You would take it easier on him because he is confirmed town aligned to you.

Italicized: Why would you need to distance yourself from a player who is confirmed town to you !! ?? You should have started by calling his approach dumb / ill thought out, and then kept to that path.

Bolded: How can it be damning IF HE IS CONFIRMED TOWN TO YOU. NO AMOUNT OF EVIDENCE WOULD BE DAMNING BECAUSE YOU KNOW HIS ALIGNMENT AS A FACT.

Second Underlined: When specifically did you figure out how ill conceived it was ? Was it after me + bardull + JD told you the specifics of the role ?

Also, what was his "plan" exactly ? You say he left before you could tell him and he himself mentions a plan, so i'm going to assume he left you something. I want to know specifically what this plan was and how it related to my slot.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
What makes distancing yourself from a player that is confirmed town to you a good idea in any way? It just doesn't make any sense to me. There's absolutely no reason to do so.
because he was on the road to being lynched, and I didn't want to end up having this completely obvious connection with him that could result in me being targeted with the nightkill. Again, maybe that was me being paranoid, since the mafia couldn't have know there were masons, but there ya go. I was acting quickly.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

actually wait, i think i found a scum slip, i need the other posts where tako and pjb mention this plan. especially now that pjb used the words "explain it away"

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
omfg, the damning evidence didn't damn him to ME, but I thought he was screwed. I couldn't think of anything to say, that would make any sense, to save him.

It wasn't until after the fact, which was about what? 10 or 20 minutes later? (not gonna bother checking the times) that I realized that just calling him dumb was an option.

Riddle

Smash Lord
because he was on the road to being lynched, and I didn't want to end up having this completely obvious connection with him that could result in me being targeted with the nightkill. Again, maybe that was me being paranoid, since the mafia couldn't have know there were masons, but there ya go. I was acting quickly.
So you're saying that if it looked like tako were going to be lynched, you weren't planning on claiming to save him? You were just going to let him die and hope that scum didn't pull out a mason connection out of thin air?

Top Bottom