• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
and i said i think , not i know. That's why i need to go find the posts where he mentions this plan.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
what plan? Tako's plan? The one about accusing you of chatterbox? Yea, he had a plan. One that I didn't read about until after he had already started it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
If he had waited for me to look at it, I would have told him immediately that it was a terrible idea because it revolved around the premise of tunneling Rake based on something stupid.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Riddle/194/Vinyl, would like your thoughts so far and some reads here and there.

Kantrip, get out from whatever rock you're under and be a bro.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So you're saying that if it looked like tako were going to be lynched, you weren't planning on claiming to save him? You were just going to let him die and hope that scum didn't pull out a mason connection out of thin air?
Wtf, not claiming is exactly what would prevent the scum from getting a mason connection. Claiming is what confirms us as Masons, which means if you guys decided to not believe us, it would result in both of us dying before D2. Awesome.

Instead, what I tried to do was save him without claiming. That's a thing I did. I did not let him die. I already told you that in the exact moment where I made that first response to his chatterbox thing, I wasn't thinking that thoroughly. I was acting fast. Soon after, I attempted to save my partner.

Why is this so hard for you guys to get? I'm explaining everything over and over again. Could you please read my posts before asking question after question after question?

John2k4

The End of an Era
Day One:

Kantrip(1): BSP
sneakytako(2): JDietz43, Rake
PrivateJoker(2): Kantrip, BarBelL
Rake(1): PrivateJoker

Not Voting(6): Red Ruy, ToasterBrains, 194, Riddle, SneakyTako, Vinyl

Deadline is set to: September 21st, 11:59PM MST

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Totally forgot about him, I suspect he's just busy over the weekend though. He hasn't posted at all.

BSP, where are you leaning?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
You guys seem to be basing everything on the premise that it would be really easy for me to save Tako's life simply by claiming. The problem with that is the same problem we're having RIGHT NOW. It doesn't confirm us. You guys are still trying to find excuses to call us scum. Which means that if you still choose to lynch one of us, the other is getting nightkilled. Both Masons gone.

Smash Rookie
because he was on the road to being lynched, and I didn't want to end up having this completely obvious connection with him that could result in me being targeted with the nightkill. Again, maybe that was me being paranoid, since the mafia couldn't have know there were masons, but there ya go. I was acting quickly.
Was he? During all vote counts, he got three votes AT MOST (as far as I remember). With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required to cast a decision and lynch. Why were you so convinced that he would get lynched? Furthermore, why did you change your mind once you started to receive votes? Wouldn't have made more sense to derail attention from him without explicitly stating you were his buddy, if you didn't want to look as linked with him anyway?

This sounds fishy. Vote: Joker

BSP

Smash Legend
I'm trying to take all of this in.

I'm thinking over all of the possible intents Joker could've had with his play from a town perspective, and a scum perspective since scum mason is a possibility. I'll give my thoughts in a second. We do need to hear more about this plan.

Joker, sorry if you already answered this, but did you ever tell Tako to drop the whole chatterbox thing? If you knew it was such a bad idea, you should've told him to drop it. His last post still shows that he considers Rake having chatterbox.

I like how Rake is trying to get information out, so I trust him atm.

We definitely need more from the people you pointed out though. No matter what happens guys, don't end this day before we get more input.

BSP

Smash Legend
You guys seem to be basing everything on the premise that it would be really easy for me to save Tako's life simply by claiming. The problem with that is the same problem we're having RIGHT NOW. It doesn't confirm us. You guys are still trying to find excuses to call us scum. Which means that if you still choose to lynch one of us, the other is getting nightkilled. Both Masons gone.
I disagree. If we lynch one of you and he flips Town Mason, and we Doc the other one tonight, then toMorrow you're fully cleared and still with us.

This is banking on a protective of course.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Was he? During all vote counts, he got three votes AT MOST (as far as I remember). With 12 players alive, 7 votes are required to cast a decision and lynch. Why were you so convinced that he would get lynched? Furthermore, why did you change your mind once you started to receive votes? Wouldn't have made more sense to derail attention from him without explicitly stating you were his buddy, if you didn't want to look as linked with him anyway?

This sounds fishy. Vote: Joker
wait what? I changed my mind once I started to receive votes? What are you talking about? You guys are all completely ignoring the fact that I DID TRY TO SAVE TAKO. I DID IT MORE THAN ANY OF YOU. That first reaction post was a kneejerk reaction, and you guys are reading waaaaaaaaaaaaay too far into a single post.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Riddle/194/Vinyl, would like your thoughts so far and some reads here and there.

There's a lot of play going on that doesn't make any sense to me at all. I can't come up with a reason for towntako OR scumtako to make the RVS play he did, and, similarly, I can't figure out why Joker wouldn't defend Tako at all. I think they're both probably town, but really only because of their claims. I just need to get in both of their heads more to figure out what they could possibly be thinking.

The tako stuff has dominated the day, but I have Kantrip as a town lean too. Scum can just be sitting back and not doing anything to call much attention to themselves in light of this conflict, and I'm sure that's what they're doing, so my guess is that mafia is composed of people like Red Ryu/194/BSP/Vinyl./etc.

I think town's best play is to pretty quickly figure out what we're going to do about tako/Joker and then if we decide not to lynch them, we should move on. If they're telling the truth and are both town masons, than this extreme focus on them is just making it too easy for scum to coast.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I'm going to post a reads list tonight, but I'll say for now that there's a lot of dumb to be found everywhere.

Would rather see Doc look elsewhere, Mason with no ability won't prove useful (practically unconfirmed vanillas to each other, such terrible roles), and both slots (tako/PJB) aren't more important than our scum hunting slots.

BSP

Smash Legend
There's a lot of play going on that doesn't make any sense to me at all. I can't come up with a reason for towntako OR scumtako to make the RVS play he did, and, similarly, I can't figure out why Joker wouldn't defend Tako at all. I think they're both probably town, but really only because of their claims. I just need to get in both of their heads more to figure out what they could possibly be thinking.

I disagree with this. Joker did try to put out the idea that Tako's chatterbox accusations were stupidity.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm trying to take all of this in.

I'm thinking over all of the possible intents Joker could've had with his play from a town perspective, and a scum perspective since scum mason is a possibility. I'll give my thoughts in a second. We do need to hear more about this plan.

Joker, sorry if you already answered this, but did you ever tell Tako to drop the whole chatterbox thing? If you knew it was such a bad idea, you should've told him to drop it. His last post still shows that he considers Rake having chatterbox.

I like how Rake is trying to get information out, so I trust him atm.

We definitely need more from the people you pointed out though. No matter what happens guys, don't end this day before we get more input.
The first time, I told him that the chatterbox thing was a terrible idea after it was too late. It seemed like he had dropped it. That recent post where he brought it up again, I posted in the QT again to tell him to knock it the **** off, because he was screwing us both over.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm going to post a reads list tonight, but I'll say for now that there's a lot of dumb to be found everywhere.

Would rather see Doc look elsewhere, Mason with no ability won't prove useful (practically unconfirmed vanillas to each other, such terrible roles), and both slots (tako/PJB) aren't more important than our scum hunting slots.
We're confirmed to each other, btw.

Just in case you missed that. I got confirmation on that. If it somehow turns out that Tako is scum, that means John blatantly lied to me, cuz he said we were standard Mason roles with zero alterations.

I can't imagine a scenario where the GM lying wouldn't be outrageously unfair. So obviously, it's the truth.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Joker, both you and tako are the second worst masons i have ever seen next to my masonry partner kevmo in LoM where he lead a gross lynch on me because i was inactive. Between the two of you , there is almost no way in which you could have appeared to be scummier. This is more from tako's side then yours however

BSP

Smash Legend
It's a sheep on a wagon that now has 2 votes on it when it takes 7 to lynch. What's so wrong with it?

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Joker, both you and tako are the second worst masons i have ever seen next to my masonry partner kevmo in LoM where he lead a gross lynch on me because i was inactive. Between the two of you , there is almost no way in which you could have appeared to be scummier. This is more from tako's side then yours however
I can actually completely agree with the idea that Tako made us look scummy as hell. I was extremely butthurt when I saw the whole chatterbox thing. I can't imagine a worse thing for a mason partner to do. When the discussion of the possibility of unaligned masons came up, I suddenly became terrified. Luckily mod cleared that up.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It's a sheep on a wagon that now has 2 votes on it when it takes 7 to lynch. What's so wrong with it?
Because he's been doing it ALL GAME

you don't think that's setting an extremely dangerous precedent? That it's ok to blatantly sheep wagons as long as you aren't one of the final votes? He's making it so he can contribute to a townie's death without giving any reason as long as he pretends it was an accident.

Smash Rookie

Some reads, you say? OK, here are some:

-Joker: Null. I don't like his vision of the masonry and the contradiction between his "I don't want to get linked with BSP" and his claim. However, claiming the main character in this mafia flavor, and with no cc... I want him to answer my question to come with a more definite read for him

-Tako: Null. Pretty much same than Joker, doing the respective changes.

-Rake: Null/Town. I stated some of his behavior looked bad before, but I can see intentions of scum hunt. I'd love to hear that supposed "scum slip".

Anomandaris_Rake said:
Vote: 194
excuse me?

BSP

Smash Legend
some reads, you say? Ok, here are some:

-joker: Null. I don't like his vision of the masonry and the contradiction between his "i don't want to get linked with bsp" and his claim. However, claiming the main character in this mafia flavor, and with no cc... I want him to answer my question to come with a more definite read for him

-tako: Null. Pretty much same than joker, doing the respective changes.

-rake: Null/town. I stated some of his behavior looked bad before, but i can see intentions of scum hunt. I'd love to hear that supposed "scum slip".

Excuse me?
? ??

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

someone hasn't been reading lol.

Also i'll get on that post thing now. but it's kind of irrelevant

BSP

Smash Legend
Because he's been doing it ALL GAME

you don't think that's setting an extremely dangerous precedent? That it's ok to blatantly sheep wagons as long as you aren't one of the final votes? He's making it so he can contribute to a townie's death without giving any reason as long as he pretends it was an accident.
If 194 got lynched with his voting sitting there, and he never provided reasoning up to the lynch, then I'd get worried and look into it. Right now, I think there's some intent behind it.

I'd take it more seriously later in the game though since it takes less to lynch.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i think i saw something by tako mentioning a plan, and how he hadnt explained it or something like that to his mason partner, then pjb brought up the holes in this plan
Still looking for the quote, but that's what i remember.

Top Bottom