• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

BSP

Smash Legend
Furthermore, why did you change your mind once you started to receive votes?
Wait, Joker never said anything about the votes on him changing his gameplan. Where'd you get that from?

Wouldn't have made more sense to derail attention from him without explicitly stating you were his buddy, if you didn't want to look as linked with him anyway?

This sounds fishy. Vote: Joker
You must've not been reading. This is what Joker tried to do up until he claimed.

Some reads, you say? OK, here are some:

-Joker: Null. I don't like his vision of the masonry and the contradiction between his "I don't want to get linked with tako" and his claim. However, claiming the main character in this mafia flavor, and with no cc... I want him to answer my question to come with a more definite read for him
I changed "BSP" to "tako"

Anyway, how do you figure the bolded text? I think Joker explained what he was trying to do pretty clearly, and I didn't see any contradictions.

You're throwing votes out kinda fast without having everything down.

Vote 194

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
i think i saw something by tako mentioning a plan, and how he hadnt explained it or something like that to his mason partner, then pjb brought up the holes in this plan
Still looking for the quote, but that's what i remember.
I don't know what it is that you're looking for, but when Tako first did his whole "chatterbox fiasco plan", he technically had explained it to me in the QT. The problem is, I wasn't there to read it. He laid out his plan, then he proceeded with it before I weighed in. I didn't know what he had done for another 4 hours >_>

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
I'm focusing on you, Rake comes later if and when he comes within my sights as a juvenile.

Yeah I just told him I had an opening strategy planned, and didn't explain it.
He started in with the chatterbox thing when I wasn't around. He told me about it in the QT, but he only waited about 20 minutes before diving in with it. By the time I saw what was going on, I tried to tell him "Noooooooooooooooooooooo!" but it was too late.
When I realized how ill-thought out his plan was, and the inherent flaws in it, I changed strategies to explaining it away with stupidity. I've stuck to that story ever since.
These are the posts i meant.

Turns out my scum slip was a **** tease. Oh well

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
This sounds fishy. Vote: Joker
-Joker: Null. I don't like his vision of the masonry and the contradiction between his "I don't want to get linked with BSP" and his claim. However, claiming the main character in this mafia flavor, and with no cc... I want him to answer my question to come with a more definite read for him
Votes Joker

Calls him Null

Leaves vote

BSP

Smash Legend
Riddle/194/Vinyl, would like your thoughts so far and some reads here and there.

Kantrip, get out from whatever rock you're under and be a bro.
^Don't forget about Toaster
Add Ryu to this

All of you, do what Bardull said and give us some reads on what's happened. A possible lynch target for today would be nice too if you have one.

BSP

Smash Legend
BSP. why are you riding on bardull to make a point ?
No real reason. His post had the people that I want opinions from in it, so I just went ahead and quoted it. I could have left the "do what Bardull said" part out, but I didn't think anything of it.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Red Ruy - Null. Hasn't posted much. Want more from him. Asked for the second mason to claim which is ok. Want to hear who he think needs to go.

Bardull - Godly Town. YOU CAN'T HANDLE THIS.

ToasterBrains - Null. Hasn't posted much. Expecting a big post from this guy regarding everything that has happened. Considering him for being shot.

PrivateJoker-Brown - Oh dear. Terrible mason play if he's Town, but his bub/bob claim is keeping him from the noose for the time being. See my thoughts on Tako.

194 - Don't like this slot and would be ok seeing it go. Has been mostly playing around in the shadows with some sideline commentary here and there. Don't see a lot of meat.

Vinyl. - I don't even know what to say about Vinyl. Comes in and says "HEY BARDULL WE SHOULD BE LIKE BATMAN AND ROBIN," his straightforward public buddying is downright hilarious. He also felt "something was off" during the Rake/PJB exchange regarding PJB's mason play. H-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s. Definitely worthy of the NPH smug. Then he seemingly sheeps my play. HAHA. Would like Vinyl to not so much sheep me and to give me some meat to work with.

Kantrip - Kantrip's fine for now, he's not the play toDay.

BSP - BSP has been playing mostly sidelines and hasn't gotten himself into the meat of the business yet. Sitting in the same boat as 194, except he's up a slight notch. Would also like to see him show off his observational skill and out who he thinks should be the one to go.

JDietz43 - I liked JD's approach to the game, although I feel he's still clinging onto surface material rather than going more in-depth with stuff (i.e. his push on Kantrip for Kantrip's RVS vote on Vinyl seemed somewhat opportunistic.) I had this problem with him in Utrick'd when I felt he was being opportunistic scum with the Rake slot and was being black and white, but JD's grabbing of the pink elephant is something TownJD would do. Eh. Nullish for now, wouldn't be surprised by TownJD.

Riddle - Town lean. Love his questions and his reads, his thought process also matches my own. Didn't like his first post of the game, but he's thoroughly improved throughout the day phase and I'm pretty comfortable with him.

SneakyTako - LOL. The only thing saving him at this point is the wtfdumb card alongside his mason claim. His thought process does NOT make any sense regarding his push on Rake. It's just...oh dear. Dumb vs. scum, he reads as dumb for a few reasons. He is still insisting on his chatterbox theory, and then there's his general reactions to everything, i.e. his reaction to my insistence of checking his partner's alignment as me trying to "trick" him. LOOOL. I'm also feeling inclined to agree with Riddle that the flavor claim of Bub/Bob is somewhat compelling considering Bub/Bob are the main heroes of the Puzzle Bobble series. Something tells me that John(MOD) wouldn't make these characters the scum team of the game, albeit I'll concede it's possible.

Anomandaris_Rake - Fine for now, don't want him getting pooped on anytime soon because he's brought out a lot of information. Definitely giving him a pass. If Rake makes any blatantly obvious mistakes however, keel heem.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
well maybe not all. But meh.

Go into how you plan to use your shot Bardull, do you plan to wait on a guilty ?
Use connections , you said it doesn't end the day , correct , does this mean you plan to use it right before a lynch ?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Haven't decided how I'm going to use the shot yet. Need more content.

Sorry Rake, wary BarDulL is wary. You've got the free pass however, ride the reigns of destiny.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
That chatterbox thing though. Seeing the interaction between Rake and Tako and Tako thinking that there was chatterbox in here is what made me vote him. Quite the logical fallacy, as I stated before.

BSP

Smash Legend

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
PrivateJoker-Brown - Oh dear. Terrible mason play if he's Town, but his bub/bob claim is keeping him from the noose for the time being. See my thoughts on Tako.
What was so bad about my mason play? My play is auto-terrible because of one post that I still don't think is that big of a deal? I thought I did a good job of painting him as dumb instead of scum. :c

I've never been a mason before. I've never even been scum. Never had players that I could attempt to cooperate with in secret and have free reads. Thought it was gonna be awesome. Turned out to be a nightmare.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
My head is focused on the tournament and Lala land. My neck kind of hurts too.

Instead how BSP is scummy, I'd have to go more deep in it with guts and what he does.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
I'm calling it, BSP is the null of nulls.

Scum would try to look as town as possible. I'm looking at him right now and he's trying to look as town as possible.

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
THE SUPPORTER

Riddle/194/Vinyl, would like your thoughts so far and some reads here and there.

Kantrip, get out from whatever rock you're under and be a bro.
^Don't forget about Toaster
Add Ryu to this

All of you, do what Bardull said and give us some reads on what's happened. A possible lynch target for today would be nice too if you have one.
These is one of the ways of looking as town as possible. Giving out additionals on bar's askings.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I'm calling it, BSP is the null of nulls.

Scum would try to look as town as possible. I'm looking at him right now and he's trying to look as town as possible.
Repeating for emphasis.... wut?

Like, he simultaneously says that he looks as town as possible, is scum for looking as town as possible, and he is the null of nulls.

wut?

BarDulL

Town Vampire
What was so bad about my mason play? My play is auto-terrible because of one post that I still don't think is that big of a deal? I thought I did a good job of painting him as dumb instead of scum. :c

I've never been a mason before. I've never even been scum. Never had players that I could attempt to cooperate with in secret and have free reads. Thought it was gonna be awesome. Turned out to be a nightmare.
Disagree here, didn't feel that you had much of an impact in painting him as dumbTown, probably because you weren't assertive that Tako wasn't scum (played him off as dumb, but of what alignment?) You're also entirely reactionary in your style of play and usually post only when someone says something about your slot (i.e. right now), you're 99% defensive, which is probably why I didn't feel that you put much of an effort to act as Tako's saving grace until scum vs. dumb debate turned to ad nauseum. Oddly, I remember you trying to counter JD's posts, but you were entirely passive about it. I have to reread it.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Well I obviously couldn't just call him "town", he hadn't given any reason to make anyone believe he's town. I didn't want to claim, so what was I supposed to do? Tell everyone

"Hey this guy that did that really odd thing that you all think is scummy? Ya know, the one who already claimed mason? He's town, trust me... I'm not the other mason."

I had to go with what was available. I could argue him being Null until the cows came home without having to lie in the slightest. Nothing he had done was truly telling of alignment, so I ran with the truth. Innocent until proven guilty, and null damn sure isn't guilty.

Top Bottom