• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

Riddle

Smash Lord
Anomandaris_Rake said:
because if someone claims who isnt his mason partner, that would be a scum bigno as proven by a counter claim from the actual person and by tako himself
That doesn't make any sense. What reason would scum have to counter claim? They can just wait and then both masons are outed. Tako should breadcrumb some sort of code that is undecipherable and then tell his partner about it, so his partner can reveal the breadcrumb and clear himself at any point later in the game if/when Tako flips mason.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Oriwa Rake. Kaizo ko ni oriwa naru
paraphrase tour pm tako.

you said it cleared another person alignment yes ?

so that means in your pm it would say something to the effect of : hey tako, this is your mason partner player x, they are confirmed y alignment to you

John2k4

The End of an Era
Day One:

Kantrip(2): PrivateJoker, BSP
Riddle(1): BarBelL
sneakytako(1): JDietz43
PrivateJoker(1): Kantrip

Not Voting(7): Red Ruy, ToasterBrains, 194, Riddle, SneakyTako, Vinyl, Rake

Deadline is set to: September 21st, 11:59PM MST

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Mason: You may freely converse at any time via this Quicktopic with "" who is masoned with you.

Can I not trust my mason partner? Wtf.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

tako: did your mason partner at any point defend you against me (do not reveal who they are , just answer yes or no)

sneakytako

Smash Lord
I don't like the mindgame you guys are pulling one me bardul/Rake. The mafia scum wiki clearly states the mason is town alignment. Show me a precedent that mason were town/mafia.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
I don't like the mindgame you guys are pulling one me bardul/Rake. The mafia scum wiki clearly states the mason is town alignment. Show me a precedent that mason were town/mafia.
People don't word mason right sometimes with neighborhoods.

Is it said in your role PM the other person is town? If not ask the mod.

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Why do you care if I PM John? I could lie about it and tell him he confirmed anyway.

I'm going with Rake/Bardul scum right now, they are trying to get me to slip by not trusting my partner.

@Riddle: That's an awesome idea, I'll make a cypher to reveal later.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

also we aren't playing mind games, we are figuring out if the person you are in a qt with is in fact confirmed alignment to you.

If they aren't i want that person on a platter if they didnt defend you against me.

We're only trying to figure out what exactly your role is/does.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

i'm almost tempted to call that scum read on me OMGUS but i think tako may actually believe we are scum despite the fact he hasn't answered any of our questions that he himself is unsure of.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Just a reminder about Fundamental Rule #9 (based on what I'm reading):

[*] The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

also: there is literally no downside to checking they are of confirmed alignment to you, as that is the real issue here. if they aren't then you need to accept the possibility that they may be scum

sneakytako

Smash Lord
Hmm, actually the mafiascum wiki site does say that there is a scum-aligned mason sometimes.

It's fun to be wrong all the time T.T.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
You live and learn. Although, do recognize that we also wouldn't try to trick you in an open setting as scum. ^______________^;;;;;;

Riddle

Smash Lord
I read the same wiki and it clearly said that masons are occasionally mafia/town, although the official name is neighbors, so it seems fairly likely that your partner is town. Definitely ask John2k4 though.

Anomandaris_Rake said:
tako: did your mason partner at any point defend you against me (do not reveal who they are , just answer yes or no)
Don't answer this tako.

This information is more useful for the mafia than it is for town if Tako really is a town mason, as there is only a fairly small group of people who could be construed as having defended him. A mafia mason would almost definitely defend his partner at least to some degree, because a town mason flip could pretty easily clear him in the minds of the town. This post is either scum-motivated or poorly thought out, I'm not sure which.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Riddle: please grow a brain.

If you are confirmed town mason with someone, and they proceed to get tunneled by another slot, why would you not attempt to defend the person you know is town

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
It specifically says you can't hide things in your posts, or post in languages other than english, which includes codes and cyphers.

If you breadcrumb, you have to do it in plain sight. You could make up a riddle or something, but it needs to be something that people have a chance of figuring out by reading it.

I only mention this because, ya know, I read the rules and ****

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

even if it weren't full on white knighting the slot, you would still try to alleviate the pressure from them, because you know the other person is town

Riddle

Smash Lord
Riddle: please grow a brain.

If you are confirmed town mason with someone, and they proceed to get tunneled by another slot, why would you not attempt to defend the person you know is town
Inactivity, maybe. Regardless, I see absolutely no reason for tako to answer the question you asked him, it's clearly anti-town to lessen the pool of potential mason partners for scum when a breadcrumb would work so much better.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Let Tako figure things out from here, if he thinks he should out his mason partner or feels he has reason not to trust them, that'll be that. Confirming alignment is extremely important however, don't forget it.

Riddle

Smash Lord
It specifically says you can't hide things in your posts, or post in languages other than english, which includes codes and cyphers.

If you breadcrumb, you have to do it in plain sight. You could make up a riddle or something, but it needs to be something that people have a chance of figuring out by reading it.

I only mention this because, ya know, I read the rules and ****
I read the rules as well, but I feel like there has to be some way to breadcrumb in a way that only the mason partner can reveal later on. It's kind of a vague rule. I'm not sure where the boundary between codes and legal breadcrumbs is.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I read the rules as well, but I feel like there has to be some way to breadcrumb in a way that only the mason partner can reveal later on. It's kind of a vague rule. I'm not sure where the boundary between codes and legal breadcrumbs is.
It's a pretty clear line. You have to post in english. That means you have to use words in the english language. Posting jumbled letters and numbers is not legal breadcrumbing. If you want to breadcrumb in a way that's hard to figure out for the scum, then you can make up some kind of riddle/question that would help reveal the answer. There's probably other things you could do, but that's what comes to mind for me.

Shun Goku Satsu Rake

Lets make this clear:

YOU CANNOT TRUST THEM IF THEIR ALIGNMENT IS NOT CONFIRMED TO YOU, I.E. : IF YOU ASK JOHN AND HE SAYS ALIGNMENTS ARE NOT CONFIRMED BETWEEN YOU TWO, THIS IS AN ISSUE. IT COMPOUNDED BY THE FACT THAT THIS PARTNER ON TOP OF BEING UNCONFIRMED MAY / MAT NOT HAVE ATTEMPTED TO DISSUADE THE LYNCH ON YOU, WHICH IS SCUMMY BECAUSE THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO FIGHT YOUR MISLYNCH IF YOU ARE CONFIRMED TOWN TO THIS PLAYER> THEM NOT DEFENDING YOU WOULD BE A PRETTY BIG SCUM_TELL IMO

YOU CAN ONLY TRUST THEM IF THE ALIGNMENT BETWEEN YOU IS CONFIRMED AS TOWN, I.E: YOU ARE CONFIRMED TOWN TO THEM AND THEY ARE CONFIRMED TOWN TO YOU.

WHICH STILL WOULD RAISE THE QUESTION OF WHY THEY DIDN'T FEEL THE NEED TO DEFEND SOMEONE WHO IS CONFIRMED TOWN TO THEM , IF THEY IN FACT DID NOT ATTEMPT TO DEFEND YOU

Top Bottom