• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia..... GAME OVER!

Riddle

Smash Lord
I wanna know why bar/riddle chose me as an NK option though.

I wonder, lol.
Will = Riddle, Nicolas = Bardull

[10/3/2012 2:25:14 AM] Nicolas: Our next move is important. Talk to me about it tomorrow.
[10/3/2012 7:14:31 PM] Will: Okay
[10/3/2012 7:39:50 PM] Nicolas: I'm here.
[10/3/2012 7:39:53 PM] Nicolas: One sec.
[10/3/2012 7:40:22 PM] Will: Options are Vinyl or Tako
[10/3/2012 7:41:55 PM] Nicolas: I'm 99% sure RR can be killed tonight.
[10/3/2012 7:42:10 PM] Nicolas: But I don't know if that's a good idea.
[10/3/2012 7:42:42 PM] Nicolas: Killing a clear seems like the only option since otherwise me not dying may raise alarms.
[10/3/2012 7:43:32 PM] Will: I think we can convince Tako to lynch BSP
[10/3/2012 7:43:49 PM] Nicolas: Yeah, I'm pretty sure we can.
[10/3/2012 7:44:15 PM] Will: We could probably convince Vinyl too, but it'd be harder
[10/3/2012 7:44:16 PM] Nicolas: You can't jump the wagon on BSP yet though.
[10/3/2012 7:44:35 PM] Will: it'll probably just end up being a quick hammer
[10/3/2012 7:44:47 PM] Nicolas: Yeah, that's the only way I can really see it going down.
[10/3/2012 7:44:47 PM] Will: you'll need to do most of the convincing
[10/3/2012 7:45:15 PM] Nicolas: It'd be much easier with Vinyl if Vinyl doesn't jump for you.
[10/3/2012 7:45:28 PM] Nicolas: He won't jump for me.
[10/3/2012 7:45:39 PM] Will: my problem with keeping tako around is that we'd have to wait forever for him to actually vote
[10/3/2012 7:45:42 PM] Will: because he never posts
[10/3/2012 7:45:45 PM] Nicolas: Yeah.
[10/3/2012 7:45:50 PM] Will: stuff could happen during that time
[10/3/2012 7:46:02 PM] Will: i could see vinyl voting BSP on his first post of the day
[10/3/2012 7:46:11 PM] Will: but I could also see him tunneling me
[10/3/2012 7:49:14 PM] Nicolas: Yeah, that's my only problem with leaving Vinyl alive.
[10/3/2012 7:49:41 PM] Will: Tako is safer to keep alive imo
[10/3/2012 7:50:14 PM] Nicolas: I think you're biased because Vinyl may turn to you.
[10/3/2012 7:50:19 PM] Nicolas: Lol. ^_^
[10/3/2012 7:50:46 PM] Will: I think you're biased because you'd rather win alone :p
[10/3/2012 7:50:55 PM] Nicolas: When you flip, I die.
[10/3/2012 7:50:58 PM] Nicolas: No questions asked.
[10/3/2012 7:51:15 PM] Nicolas: I was hard defending your slot and it makes me look terrible.
[10/3/2012 7:51:35 PM] Will: You could maybe pull some WIFOM ****
[10/3/2012 7:51:37 PM] Will: but yeah
[10/3/2012 7:51:37 PM] Nicolas: I could argue against it, but it's pretty overwhelming.
[10/3/2012 7:57:15 PM] Nicolas: Alright, surprise me again.
[10/3/2012 7:57:22 PM] Nicolas: I'm fine with either route.

John2k4

The End of an Era
[collapse=Role PMs]
[collapse=Scum]

[collapse=194]
John2k4 said:
Hello, 194, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Mighta [Animal], Mafia Goon/One-Shot-Voteblocker!

An alien animal from outer space! Your specialty is forming large boulders, and causing chaos by rolling them into people and objects!

Ability:
One-Shot Voteblock - Once during the game at night, you may voteblock a player by sending me the following command: VoteBlock: PlayerName. This player will be prevented from voting for the following Day phase. This ability can only be used once, and after use you will become a Mafia Goon.
Goon - After you have used your Voteblock ability, you may kill one person at night by sending me the following command: Kill: PlayerName. Please note that Riddle has a poison ability, and you can not kill and have a poison performed on the same night. You may Voteblock and kill/poison on the same Night.
Communication: You may communicate with Riddle and BarDulL, your scumbuddies, in this QT:
http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/m4CyJuXWvbeG

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Woolen [Animal], Vanilla Townie. You are the only one who knows that this character is not in the game.

[/collapse]

Win Condition: You are Mafia aligned, and win when your faction have a majority in the game, or nothing can be done to prevent it.

Please confirm you have read and understand this PM by replying to the game thread.
[/collapse]

[collapse=Riddle]
John2k4 said:
Hello, Riddle, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Drunk [Human], Mafia Goon/One-Shot-Poisoner!

A evil wizard! You're specialty is brewing up nasty potions.

Ability:
One-Shot Poison - Once during the game at night, you may poison a player by sending me the following command: Poison: PlayerName. This player will be poisoned, and will die during the following Night.
Goon - You may kill one person at night by sending me the following command: Kill: PlayerName. Please note that you cannot use this at the same time as a kill, and your faction only gets one kill per night (either by poison or gun).
Communication: You may communicate with 194 and BarDulL, your scumbuddies, in this QT:

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Cleon [Human], Vanilla Townie. You are the only person who knows that this character is not in the game.

[/collapse]

Win Condition: You are Mafia aligned, and win when you have a majority in the game, or nothing can be done to prevent it.

Please confirm you have read and understand this PM by replying to the game thread.
[/collapse]

[collapse=BarBell]
John2k4 said:
Hello, BarDulL, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Monsta [Animal], Mafia Goon!

A shark with a bite! You are out to do the bidding of the evil forces.

Ability:
Goon - You may kill one person at night by sending me the following command: Kill: PlayerName. Please note that Riddle has a poison ability, and you can not kill and have a poison performed on the same night.
Communication: You may communicate with 192 and Riddle, your scumbuddies, in this QT:

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Packy [Animal], Vanilla Townie. You are the only person who knows that this character is not in the game.

[/collapse]

Win Condition: You are Mafia aligned, and win when you have a majority in the game, or nothing can be done to prevent it.

[/collapse]
[/collapse]

[collapse=Independent]
[collapse=Kantrip/Potassium]
John2k4 said:
Hello, Kantrip, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia! You are Develon [Dragon], Independent One-Shot-Bulletproof Abductor!

The evil Bubble Dragon! Although the eternal enemy of many, you can still play an awesome game of Puzzle Bobble against any and all who approach. You have well-honed powers of darkness that aid you on your quest of evil.

Powers:
Abductor: You have the power to abduct people! Each night you may abduct one person in the game by sending me the command Abduct: PlayerName. The abducted person will not be able to post for that day phase, will have all actions from and against them fail, and will be returned to the game the next day. You are not required to use this power every Night, and abducted players will return regardless of whether you abducted someone else the next night.
One-Shot Bulletproof - If you are shot at any time, you will have a one-time immunity and survive the shot!

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Chak, Vanilla Townie. You are the only one who knows that this character is not in the game.
[/collapse]

Win Condition: You are Independent, and win when you are the majority, or nothing can be done to prevent it!

Please confirm you have read and understand this PM in the game thread.
[/collapse][/collapse]

[collapse=Town]

[collapse=BSP]
John2k4 said:
Hello, BSP, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Kurol [Human], Vanilla Townie

A baby in a frog suit, you enjoy playing games with those who stop by.

Ability:
Vanilla Townie - You have your voice and your vote. Make them count!

Win Condition: You are Town aligned, and win when all threats against the town have been eliminated.

[/collapse]

[collapse=JDitz43]
John2k4 said:
Hello, Jdietz43, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are G [Human], Vanilla Townie!

An old sage who enjoys a good game, you are a kind human to all who pass by.

Ability:

Win Condition: You are Town aligned, and win when all threats against the town have been eliminated.

[/collapse]

[collapse=ToasterBrains/Orbo]
John2k4 said:
Hello, ToasterBrains, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Marino [Animal], Vanilla Townie

A wiry sea animal with a pointy trident, you live amongst the fishes!

Ability:

[/collapse]

[collapse=Rake]
John2k4 said:
Hello, Anomandaris_Rake, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Bubble Shooter [Machine], Vanilla Townie

The contraption that makes it all possible! You fire bubbles at each other to clear them!

Ability:

[/collapse]

[collapse=Red Ruy]
John2k4 said:
Hello, Red Ruy Ryu, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Nin [Human], Town Even-Night Commuter!

A heroic ninja, you strive to help those who have been harmed by evil magic.

Ability:
Even Night Commuter (Passive) - Every second night in the game (Night 2, Night 4, etc.), you will leave the game for the duration Night phase, and be untargettable by any night actions. This is a passive role, and you can not prevent it from happening.

[/collapse]

[collapse=Vinyl]
John2k4 said:
Hello, Vinyl, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Willy [Animal], Town One-Shot Census Taker!

Bub's favorite stuffed animal, you were brought to life by evil magic. You now seek to eliminate the evil forces to be returned to your former self.

Ability:
One-Shot Census Taker - Once during the game, you may take census of the species that are currently alive in the game by sending me the following command during a night phase: Take Census.

[/collapse]

[collapse=PrivateJoker]
John2k4 said:
Hello, PrivateJoker-Brown, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia! You are Bob [Dragon], Town Mason!

A book loving blue dragon! You want to make the lands a peaceful place, while searching with your brother Bub for the evil that turned you into a bubble dragon.

Ability:
Mason: You may freely converse with your brother, Bub (SneakyTako), at any time via this Quicktopic.
http://www.quicktopic.com/48/H/Ld25zQJ3Rgqy2

Fun Fact: I drew the image for this one. :3
[/collapse]

[collapse=SneakyTako]
John2k4 said:
Hello, SneakyTako, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia! You are Bub [Dragon], Town Mason!

You are a friendly green fellow. A bubble dragon, you are always wanting to stomp out evil while trying to get returned to your human form. You are masoned with your brother, Bob.

Ability:
Mason: You may freely converse at any time via this Quicktopic with PrivateJoker-Brown, who is masoned with you.

[/collapse][/collapse][/collapse]

Riddle

Smash Lord
Really impressed by BSP/RR's reads this game, they just didn't quite manage to convince town as to how amazing they were at catching scum.

John2k4

The End of an Era
As said in the Green Room, I have ideas for MvP. Just need to check up on a couple things first..

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
That was the hard part...Vinyl kept me as solid scum.

And people made up BS about how me and 194 were connected.

No one would go with Riddle when I pointed out the lack of commitment in plane view, but Vinyl refused and so did other people.

Idk how to convince people well. I just don't.

BSP

Smash Legend
RR, I was close to settling on Riddle, but I was adamant that Bardull needed to go first.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
"that in the worst case scenario, town should be allowed two mislynches before losing on the third mislynch. it's a balance rule of thumb that has been strongly advocated on swf. "

Man, I was really relying on that too. ;_;

Vinylic.

Woke?
Switch FC
SW-5214-5959-4787
It's was only a gut. I don't give out the solid hammer on BSP.

The only convincing part here is when bar made that aggro play once more on JD. You gave out that reason on how bar used me, but his defense I had me fooled.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Ruy the you/194 connection was bull****. I chose to abduct you to delay your lynch (since I was viewed as town at that point I wasn't scared of my lynch for D2) for D3 since I felt confident that would be easy to swing if things didn't get thrown out of whack.

I thought that me calling Bardull obvtown would make him not want me dead, but I guess not. Riddle had me fooled though, really well played early on by both of you guys. Bardull's play got sloppier but he was able to ride out the D1 bus and towniness regardless. If there's going to be an MVP I'd say it's him I guess.

Man am I ever frustrated with the census taker role in this game. Not sure if meant to be useless or meant to make indy winning literally impossible. :urg:

Riddle

Smash Lord
Kantrip you had us totally fooled. Thought that you were town for sure until the kill didn't go through N1. You might have played a little too townie if anything.

Thanks for wasting our first two Nkills :(

Kantrip

Kantplay
Yeah Riddle I was basically thinking I'd play as townie as possible and go in because of my one-shot BP, assuming that if scum DID discover me they would work together with me rather than burning ANOTHER kill. You guys could have also saved me to lynch but I guess it would've been pretty hard to make a case. :smirk: Since you had the resources to spare for a D1 bus, having 2 Night Kills burned on the indy, and working against a town with THREE CLEARS and still win, I don't think the set-up was exactly balanced.... I was kind of hoping to buddy up to Rake and Bardull and remain associated with them in a 3-way group that would kind of slip me by without getting targeted for a kill, but I guess that didn't work.

Quite mafia-sided, in my opinion, actually. Town doesn't have anything to counter them (the investigative may as well be an FBI Agent, the Commuter is like a even-Night BP as far as mafia is concerned, there are THREE of them, and they have a poison kill and a voteblock while town literally has NO Night Actions that can be used against the mafia?).

Census Taker was tacked on in place of an actual investigative that could've helped against mafia. Town really didn't need help with the indy. Aggh I'm sorry this is just making me salty.

BSP

Smash Legend
RR, I was close to settling on Riddle, but I was adamant that Bardull needed to go first.
I didn't settle because this is what I saw happening

Riddle lynch
Someone dies
Me lynched next day
Someone dies
Bardull v Someone in LyLo

And given how he had everyone fooled, that probably would've went in his favor. Maybe a scum flip from Riddle would've changed things, but eh, that's why I didn't want to risk settling.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Well to be fair, town mislynched 4 times in a row after D1. But I'd agree with mafia sided.

We had to use the second nkill on you because Bardull would've been lynched D3 because of the census taker =/

BSP

Smash Legend
Kantrip said:
After that post by BSP as to why he doesn't like Bardull's double standards about Riddle, I think they can convince them no problem. Good **** BSP! Town is actually in a really good place from here.
lol nope

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
I feel like me and Tako could have been a much stronger team than we were. The problem was, we don't know each other's strengths. Tako is clearly better at reading people than I am (He had BarDulL pegged on D3, he just never really told anyone), but he's not very good at making legitimate pushes (see his Rake push, early on :p) We ended up not doing so well, because I just ended up thinking Tako was dumb, and the fact that I saved us from getting killed made him think I was a better player (I'm really not).

Quite frankly, we just weren't very well coordinated at all. I don't think we were ever on at the same time to have an actual discussion in the QT. Next time, Tako. Would Mason with you again, as hard as you may find that to believe :p

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Wish I didn't get commuter and someone else did. I'm terrible with self protection roles and I don't play in a style that makes people want to shoot me.

BarDulL

Town Vampire
Wish people listened to me on both of those...uggg....

Did the set-up catch scum via census taker?
Best reads out of anyone this game, you just weren't convincing enough with your logic. If Riddle had flipped, we would have lost immediately. Day 4 was scary as hell.

@Kantrip - You were the most viable kill choice on N1. I knew I was going to have serious trouble lynching you as the game progressed, and I couldn't take that risk. You were also playing too middle of the road to the point where a theoretical Doc wouldn't protect you because you weren't a likely night kill target. When I found out you were the abductor, I was like "****, I can't let him live." There's also the Census Taker shenanigans, and looking at how it would have been between me and you on D3 with you claimed as Jailer, we couldn't take that risk.

Your jailer claim was elite and covered all your bases btw, I was so sure you were going to be lynched until you claimed jailer. Smart. The rest of your play was great too. Census Taker would have ultimately screwed you over no matter what though, unless you abducted me. Luckily that didn't happen.

@Vinyl - We killed you because you were going to be too hard to control and we couldn't take that risk.

So psyched that we won after hardbodying 194 early on, it put us at a serious deficit but it also helped us win the game. Small shoutout to 194 for taking one for the team.

Will address each slot later. Need sleep. Good game to everyone.

Riddle

Smash Lord
Wish I didn't get commuter and someone else did. I'm terrible with self protection roles and I don't play in a style that makes people want to shoot me.
You did a good job WIFOM'ing the **** out of us at least. The last couple of days would've been way easier with you dead, but we couldn't risk it.

John2k4

The End of an Era
More set-up stuff, mainly for future reference..

[collapse=Files]

[collapse=Set-up document (BAM-Mafia.txt)]
BAM-Mafia

================

Characters - BAM Mafia (~12 or less)

1. Develon-I (Dragon) [SC: Chak]: OS-BP EOD-Abductor

2. Bub-T (Dragon): Mason
3. Bob-T (Dragon): Mason
4. Willy-T (Animal): OS-Census Taker
5. Ninja-T (Human): Even-Night Commuter
6. Bubble Shooter-T (Machine): VT
7. Marino (Animal): VT
8. G (Human): VT
9. Kurol (Human): VT

10. Monsta-S (Animal) [SC: Packy]: Goon
11. Drunk-S (Human) [SC: Cleon]: Goon/OS-Poisoner
12. Mighta-S (Animal) [SC: Woolen]: Goon/OS-Voteblocker
(Mafia can EITHER kill or poison; NOT both.)

====

Hello, Kantrip, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia! You are Develon [Dragon], Independent One-Shot-Bulletproof Abductor!

The evil Bubble Dragon! Although the eternal enemy of many, you can still play an awesome game of Puzzle Bobble against any and all who approach. You have well-honed powers of darkness that aid you on your quest of evil.

Powers:
Abductor: You have the power to abduct people! Each night you may abduct one person in the game by sending me the command Abduct: PlayerName. The abducted person will not be able to post for that day phase, will have all actions from and against them fail, and will be returned to the game the next day. You are not required to use this power every Night, and abducted players will return regardless of whether you abducted someone else the next night.
One-Shot Bulletproof - If you are shot at any time, you will have a one-time immunity and survive the shot!

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Chak, Vanilla Townie. You are the only one who knows that this character is not in the game.
[/collapse]

Win Condition: You are Independent, and win when you are the majority, or nothing can be done to prevent it!

Please confirm you have read and understand this PM in the game thread.

==

Hello, SneakyTako, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia! You are Bub [Dragon], Town Mason!

You are a friendly green fellow. A bubble dragon, you are always wanting to stomp out evil while trying to get returned to your human form. You are masoned with your brother, Bob.

Ability:
Mason: You may freely converse at any time via this Quicktopic with PrivateJoker-Brown, who is masoned with you.

==

Hello, PrivateJoker-Brown, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia! You are Bob [Dragon], Town Mason!

A book loving blue dragon! You want to make the lands a peaceful place, while searching with your brother Bub for the evil that turned you into a bubble dragon.

Ability:
Mason: You may freely converse with your brother, Bub (SneakyTako), at any time via this Quicktopic.

==

Hello, Vinyl, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Willy [Animal], Town One-Shot Census Taker!

Bub's favorite stuffed animal, you were brought to life by evil magic. You now seek to eliminate the evil forces to be returned to your former self.

Ability:
One-Shot Census Taker - Once during the game, you may take census of the species that are currently alive in the game by sending me the following command during a night phase: Take Census.

==

Hello, Red Ruy Ryu, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Nin [Human], Town Even-Night Commuter!

A heroic ninja, you strive to help those who have been harmed by evil magic.

Ability:
Even Night Commuter (Passive) - Every second night in the game (Night 2, Night 4, etc.), you will leave the game for the duration Night phase, and be untargettable by any night actions. This is a passive role, and you can not prevent it from happening.

==

Hello, Anomandaris_Rake, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Bubble Shooter [Machine], Vanilla Townie

The contraption that makes it all possible! You fire bubbles at each other to clear them!

Ability:

==

Hello, ToasterBrains, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Marino [Animal], Vanilla Townie

A wiry sea animal with a pointy trident, you live amongst the fishes!

Ability:

==

Hello, Jdietz43, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are G [Human], Vanilla Townie

An old sage who enjoys a good game, you are a kind human.

Ability:

==

Hello, BSP, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Kurol [Human], Vanilla Townie

A baby in a frog suit, you enjoy playing games with those who stop by.

Ability:

==

Hello, BarDulL, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Monsta [Animal], Mafia Goon!

A shark with a bite! You are out to do the bidding of the evil forces.

Ability:
Goon - You may kill one person at night by sending me the following command: Kill: PlayerName. Please note that Riddle has a poison ability, and you can not kill and have a poison performed on the same night.
Communication: You may communicate with 194 and Riddle, your scumbuddies, in this QT:

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Packy [Animal], Vanilla Townie. You are the only person who knows that this character is not in the game.

[/collapse]

==

Hello, Riddle, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Drunk [Human], Mafia Goon/One-Shot-Poisoner!

A evil wizard! You're specialty is brewing up nasty potions.

Ability:
One-Shot Poison - Once during the game at night, you may poison a player by sending me the following command: Poison: PlayerName. This player will be poisoned, and will die during the following Night.
Goon - You may kill one person at night by sending me the following command: Kill: PlayerName. Please note that you cannot use this at the same time as a kill, and your faction only gets one kill per night (either by poison or gun).
Communication: You may communicate with 194 and BarDulL, your scumbuddies, in this QT:

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Cleon [Human], Vanilla Townie. You are the only person who knows that this character is not in the game.

[/collapse]

==

Hello, 194, and welcome to Bust-A-Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia!
You are Mighta [Animal], Mafia Goon/One-Shot-Voteblocker!

An alien animal from outer space! Your specialty is forming large boulders, and causing chaos by rolling them into people and objects!

Ability:
One-Shot Voteblock - Once during the game at night, you may voteblock a player by sending me the following command: VoteBlock: PlayerName. This player will be prevented from voting for the following Day phase. This ability can only be used once, and after use you will become a Mafia Goon.
Goon - After you have used your Voteblock ability, you may kill one person at night by sending me the following command: Kill: PlayerName. Please note that Riddle has a poison ability, and you can not kill and have a poison performed on the same night. You may Voteblock and kill/poison on the same Night.
Communication: You may communicate with Riddle and BarDulL, your scumbuddies, in this QT:

[collapse=Safe Claim]
You may safely claim Woolen [Animal], Vanilla Townie. You are the only one who knows that this character is not in the game.

[/collapse]

Win Condition: You are Mafia aligned, and win when your faction have a majority in the game, or nothing can be done to prevent it.

==

-----
RANDOM
-----

There were 12 items in your list. Here they are in random order:

Kantrip
SneakyTako
PrivateJoker-Brown
Vinyl.
Red Ruy
Rake
ToasterBrains
JDietz43
BSP
Bardull
Riddle

Timestamp: 2012-09-14 04:27:45 UTC

THREAD
------

Hello mafia players, new and old, and welcome to...
Puzzle Bobble/Bust a Move Mafia!

Flavor-wise, this game will span all of the Bust a Move / Puzzle Bobble games that are or have been in arcades. [PB/BAM 1, 2, 3, 4, Super]

Fundamental Rules:
  • Please enjoy this game and do not act in a manner that would make the game unenjoyable for others. This includes personal attacks.
  • The Game Moderator is John2k4 and all official information and rulings will come directly from the Game Moderator. Any appointed Co-Moderators by the Game Moderator may do so as well. Marshy is your Co-Mod.
  • To direct a question at a Game Mod, use the following format: @Mod:
  • Editing your posts is not allowed, and multi-posting is instead encouraged in its place. Any and all edits will result in a MOD vote. MOD votes last until the end of the current Day phase.
  • Unless your role specifically states otherwise, you may not converse with any other players outside the thread, dead or alive.
  • Do not quote role PMs or any other form of communication with the Game Moderator. You may paraphrase your role PM as you see fit, but keep everything in your own words! Posting your Role PM or any form of mod communication will result in an immediate modkill.
  • You may not post screenshots of any kind. These will be immediately edited out by the mod.
  • The use of non-English, invisible, hidden, coded, or otherwise intentionally hidden or indecipherable text is strictly prohibited. (Spoiler tags are allowed because they are easily noticeable. This rule is not meant to disallow breadcrumbing within the visible text of a message.)
  • Failure to send in your night action(s) will result in no action(s) being taken.

Activity and Deadlines
  • You are required to post every 48 hours. If you fail to do so, you will be prodded. An accumulation of too many prods (to be determined by the game moderator) will result in your replacement or a modkill depending on the circumstances. I will tell you if I am considering replacing/modkilling you for activity reasons.
  • If you will be inactive for an extended period of time, you must notify me in advance. Unexcused or particularly long absences may result in your replacement or modkill.
  • In the event that I need to replace a player, I may extend the deadline to accommodate the replacement player. If a replacement player cannot be found, I will mod-kill the slot.
  • Day phases will generally last a week [7 days].
  • Night phases will generally last approximately 48 hours. If you have a Night action and do not wish to use it, please send me a PM stating so.
  • Night phases will end when either 48 hours have passed, or I have received all applicable night actions. Whichever comes first.

Voting and Lynching:
  • Each Day, you may vote for a player to be lynched using a bold Vote command. For example, Vote: Sold2.
  • To unvote, use the command Unvote. For example, Unvote, Vote: Raziek. You do not have to unvote before voting again.
  • No Lynch is a viable lynch choice and a majority will end the Day without a lynch. For example, Vote: No Lynch.
  • After the majority lynch has been decided but before the lynch scene [flip] is posted, there will be a Twilight phase. Everyone can post in this phase, including the lynch majority target. After the "flip" is posted, the game will move to the Night phase.
  • The Day will end when a majority lynch is decided or a preset deadline has been reached. If the deadline is reached without a majority lynch decided, there will be no lynch.
  • There is no posting in this thread during the Night phase.
  • After you have died in the game, you are allowed one final (and short) "Go Town/Scum!" post.
Set-Up:
  • This is a Closed Set-up for 12 Players with all roles assigned at random.
  • This game uses full flips. Upon death, role/alignment information about the player is revealed.
  • I confirm the absence of the following roles in this set-up: Contract Hitman, Jester, Mime, Politician, Rogue, Siblings, Survivor
    [*]
    I do not confirm the presence or absence of any other roles.
  • I confirm there is a Town faction [called Town] in this game and there is at least one Mafia faction; although I do not confirm the number of Mafia factions.
  • I neither confirm nor deny the presence of any Independent role(s).
  • I confirm that all information relayed from the Game Moderator in public is strictly accurate.

Helpful Links:
Newbie's Guide to Mafia | Basic Rules of Mafia | Common Roles

Player List:
  1. Red Ruy
  2. Bardull
  3. ToasterBrains
  4. PrivateJoker-Brown
  5. 194
  6. Vinyl.
  7. Kantrip
  8. BSP
  9. JDietz43
  10. Riddle
  11. SneakyTako
  12. Rake

Replacement List:
  1. Orboknown

[collapse=Sample Role PM]Welcome to Bust a Move/Puzzle Bobble Mafia, John2k4!

You are...
*ROLE*

Win Condition: You are Town aligned, and win when all threats against the town have been eliminated!
[/collapse]

Good luck, and have fun!

**IF you are reading this, thread was submitted early. Oops.**

![/collapse][/collapse]

BarDulL

Town Vampire
I feel like me and Tako could have been a much stronger team than we were. The problem was, we don't know each other's strengths. Tako is clearly better at reading people than I am (He had BarDulL pegged on D3, he just never really told anyone), but he's not very good at making legitimate pushes (see his Rake push, early on :p) We ended up not doing so well, because I just ended up thinking Tako was dumb, and the fact that I saved us from getting killed made him think I was a better player (I'm really not).

Quite frankly, we just weren't very well coordinated at all. I don't think we were ever on at the same time to have an actual discussion in the QT. Next time, Tako. Would Mason with you again, as hard as you may find that to believe :p
Tako actually put me as null on Day 4 and didn't push for my slot until after the hammer on D5.

Man, no one had solid logic w.r.t. my slot. The closest was BSP, however I still feel that Riddle played a better game than BSP, I just can't be bothered to ISO Riddle's slot.

Actually, RR had a point with the gambit. I could have played it out tons better.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
Tako actually put me as null on Day 4 and didn't push for my slot until after the hammer on D5.

Man, no one had solid logic w.r.t. my slot. The closest was BSP, however I still feel that Riddle played a better game than BSP, I just can't be bothered to ISO Riddle's slot.

Actually, RR had a point with the gambit. I could have played it out tons better.
He told me in the QT that we should push you. But I was just way too convinced you were town, so I just kind of went for Rake instead, cuz I thought I had something solid on him. Tako just wasn't very confident in himself, because every time he was confident, it was about stupid chatterbox stuff. Once that whole fiasco was over, his confidence seemed understandably shot. He didn't really start throwing punches until that last hammer happened, and the game was over.

John2k4

The End of an Era
I made a note under the quote for your Role, PrivateJoker.

Yes, I drew that one myself. :3.

It's also painted on my bedroom wall.

John2k4

The End of an Era
Riddle do you want me to make that transparent (and properly cropped/resized) so it looks better as an avatar? =P

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
You did a good job WIFOM'ing the **** out of us at least. The last couple of days would've been way easier with you dead, but we couldn't risk it.
If I get a role that is limited by day/night etc. I always don't tell this unless it is apparent I had no reason to not use it.

It made sure I stuck around, while possibly baiting a NK if someone though I was lying.

Very gambity, but I think with what I had it worked to my end goal.

#HBC | Joker

Space Marine
NNID
HBCJoker
3DS FC
1864-9780-3232
So far, this is prolly the game I had the most fun in. Just wish I was as much of a genius as BSP so I could see through BarDulL's play :glare:

Will just have to keep learning as I go.

Kantrip

Kantplay
Your avi isn't transparent yet Riddle. I think you need to actually save it to your computer and use that option when changing your avatar.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Well set-up looks scum sided, but I gotta agree with T-Block it was still fine, game is naturally scum sided anyways.

But I do gotta say, Original in every aspect. John didn't use the typical stuff most set-ups us, he went out of the box with this one and I do think he did a great job.

Masons instead of a cop.
Census taker being another investigative, but limited to how claims work out.
Commuter fun.

Poisoner.
Vote Blocker.

Abductor but with other limits.

I do think the Indy was shot in the foot too much, even more so being caught by the census taker.

But..yeah with that limit set-up was fine on the long run with restrictions to usage, and it teaches me that I need to consider this for set-up analysis in the future.

End game Salt is over for me.

MvP Bardull or No MvP, sorry Riddle.

Not gonna delve into MvP talk though since I wanna keep my stance of just giving my thought but not debating it since Gigabots.

Top Bottom