• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Domino11332

Smash Apprentice
Overall, I think I can say that Incineroar is my favorite newcomer this time around. He's one cool cat, yo.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Although I'm annoyed that that smug punk Vergeben was right, I'm still happy for the fans of Incineroar. He looks pretty neat and I will certainly give him a shot.

Drakonix

Smash Cadet
Today was a fantastic day. My most wanted is now in! I feel bad for some of the other fans tho....

But DAMN.... Those expressive moves! He is going to be hella fun to play as!!!! :love:

Last edited:

BravadoMan_13

Smash Lord
NNID
ClassicRocker
Congrats you guys! Incineroar looks so beastly! Plus he has energy and personality to boot which will fit in this game! Wish we would've seen K. Rool face off against him in glorious CG fashion.

Strider_Bond00J

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-2525-8699-9095
I just wanted to give congratulations to you guys for sticking with Incineroar through to the end and having him join the roster. It's sad for me that I couldn't get Isaac along with him in the final roster, but I'm hoping the golden boy gets a second chance thanks to his stronger fanbase; which is sure to get bigger as people learn more about Golden Sun thanks to Isaac's semi-return.

Either way, I'm pretty pleased with Incineroar. I'm mainly going to play him to keep the legacy of Ishizuka going, since this was apparently his last role. Loved his performances across so many characters; Mr. Satan, Old Joseph, Heihachi, Zabuza... I'm glad that Incineroar's going to keep that legacy going.

GlaceonGD

Smash Cadet
Hey guys, I'm from the lycanroc thread and just wanted to say congrats on getting in. I spent months down talking incineroar and saying I hated him, and when the reveal trailer showed up I pretty much just stopped paying attention. But then as the day went by I realized that his smash design is incredible compared to his S/M design, and my main worry of him being too generic or similar to other fire related characters thankfully didn't come true. Honestly, I went from hating incineroar to willing to give him a try over the course of twelve hours, I am far less disappointed than I thought I'd be. I still support lycanroc even though his chances are now next to none, but really I just want to say that I overreacted due to the fear of not getting a character I had wanted. Once again, good job guys, glad that a rather high majority of people are happy about his inclusion.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
I'm a little late but I'm reeeeally glad Incineroar made it in!

Probable new main in sight!

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Incineroar looks so fun and expressive. Easily, the best Newcomer
I'm surprised that he's getting hate... (But I mean at the same time, he's a heel, soo...)

Last edited:

Flyboy

Smash Hero
So what are the odds of Incineroar embodying a Zangief spirit?
This made me realize we almost certainly have Spirit battles with Incineroar and a Zangief spirit where he spams neutral special and probably one with the Rhythm Wrestler where he has a tag team partner like Wii Fit Trainer or Isabelle...I'm excited.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
He does better germans than Brock Lesnar

Last edited:

RandysRage

Smash Journeyman
Somewhere between the North and South Poles
"Incineroar is leaker bait, the Grinch leak is real" Lol.

The more I think about it, the more......genius the whole Grinch leak was.

-Came at a time when people were so starved for information that any half-baked leak woulda done the trick
-Claimed to have some of the fanbase's most wanted picks with Banjo, Geno, Isaac and more
-The banner was blurry but juuuuust clear enough to make out the characters
-Supposedly came from a real graphics company

It was the perfect storm, and we were all swept up by it.

Ark of Silence101

Smash Master
NNID
ArkofSilence
Switch FC
8431-6297-7122

-Came at a time when people were so starved for information that any half-baked leak woulda done the trick
-Claimed to have some of the fanbase's most wanted picks with Banjo, Geno, Isaac and more

I personally wasn't duped at all, knew it was fake just by looking at it, but since other coincidental stuff was happening as well, it made the leak look real.

Pakky

Smash Hero

Omni eat you heart out this was nuts!

"Incineroar is leaker bait, the Grinch leak is real" Lol.
See now that never made sense to me.

Why would a Pokemon with this much promotion be leaker bait?

That's why the leak never pulled me in 100% got me going at 80% though cuz I thought things would come out being a combination of the two.

Which might still happen kinda if DLC is a thing and by that I mean MAYBE Geno.

Last edited:

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
I've gotta say, I've been getting kinda lucky lately with the Pokemon characters when it comes to Smash.

I chose Froakie in X and Y, only for Greninja to be revealed...
And it happened again, I chose Litten in Sun and Moon, only for Incineroar to be revealed...

It's like Sakurai reads my mind or something...

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Hey, just wanted to say congrat' to you all for getting your character. I always liked Incineroar before, but due to how a good chunk of the Smash Community was against him, I didn't want to say something I might have regreted. Now, I'm glad I can say how awesome he look and I can't wait to try him.

Also, shout-out to @GoldenYuiitusin , your passion for the character was always a great thing to see, I'm glad all of your effort weren't in vain and I hope you have a great time with him. ;)

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
I've gotta say, I've been getting kinda lucky lately with the Pokemon characters when it comes to Smash.

I chose Froakie in X and Y, only for Greninja to be revealed...
And it happened again, I chose Litten in Sun and Moon, only for Incineroar to be revealed...

It's like Sakurai reads my mind or something...
Does that mean you did three playthroughs of Gen 1? :V

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Does that mean you did three playthroughs of Gen 1? :V
I said lately...
Since like Smash 4,

That being said, Pichu was fun to use in Melee, and Bulbasaur is my go to Gen 1 starter
WORST SMASH REVEAL EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

POKEMON SHOULD NOT HAVE THIS REPRESENTATION IN SMASH BROS FOR ****"S AMAZING SAKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

COME AT ME WITH ALL YOUR PITCHFORK AND FLAMETORCHES! I REALLY CAN"T STAND THIS AT ALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! ESPECIALLY WHEN THERE ARE OTHER FRANCHISES IN SMASH MORE DESERVING OF A REP THAN A GENERIC FIRE BASED POKEMON

YOU GUYS ALREADY HAVE ****ING CHARIZARD FOR THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
That's just your opinion...
Go cry in a corner all you want, but Pokemon is the biggest media franchise in the world, and especially after Pokemon Go, it made sense to add a new Pokemon character. With over 800 Pokemon, it's kinda disappointing that we only have like 11 of them as playable...

"It doesn't matter what you think!"

Last edited:

St0pidIAm

Smash Rookie
Welp now i can say my top 2 favorite Pokemon are in smash bros. Sweet!

hopefully he doesn't shoot fire out of his crotch...

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
So ****ing hype!
When I heard namco was part of the development team for smash 4, I wanted KING. I never got him.
But, now we got something equally as good;
1541178519528.jpeg

Soooo.. has anybody made a breakdown on the origin of his moves yet?
I'm not 100% sure on all of it but:

Bthrow: German Suplex
Fthrow: Giant Swing
Dthrow: Choke Slam
Uthrow: Argentine Backbreaker?

Side B early: Back Body Drop
Side B pefect: Clothesline
Up B: Flying Cross Chop?

Jab: Thrust / Hell Stab
Fsmash: Leg Clothesline? Shining Wizard?
Dsmash: Big Splash

Bair: Rolling Sobat?
Fair: Drop Kick
Dair: Coupe de grace?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
So I just read that Incineroar in Smash is voiced by Unshō Ishizuka, the Japanese voice actor of Professor Oak and Heihachi, who died in August...
His Inclusion just became more touching now

But you know what's the worst part?
Sakurai made a touching tribute to him on Twitter, only to be harassed by fans because "Meh.... Incineroar, Where's Waluigi?"
The Smash Community has officially stooped to a new low...

Last edited:

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
So I just read that Incineroar in Smash is voiced by Unshō Ishizuka, the Japanese voice actor of Professor Oak and Heihachi, who died in August...
His Inclusion just became more touching now

And you know what's the worst part?
Sakurai made a touching tribute to him on Twitter, only to be harassed by fans because "Meh.... Incineroar, Where's Waluigi?"
The Smash Community has officially stooped to a new low...
Yeah, I legit hope Waluigi never ever makes it to Smash if some of his fans are gonna just keep being assholes like that.

They don't deserve it. They don't deserve to have their wish granted after constantly harassing Sakurai. It's not the kind of people Sakurai should please.

It sucks for the good Waluigi fans like Golden, but that's just my thoughts on this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom