• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Pokemon music, Mimikyu, Lucario and Pikachu, Saffron City.

Altho I guess the music is more of a knock, heh. That said I don't think it means anything, I'm confident we're getting a Pokemon next but it's probably a coincidence.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Ah...thanks, I guess?

I'm both eagerly awaiting and also kind of nervous about the next Direct. I believe in the big fire cat but there's a part of me that's still worried he won't get in. Obviously, it's not going to ruin the game for me if he isn't though!
I wasn't trying to get your hopes down or anything. If he makes it, I will still get the game, but I just feel we have too much Pokemon. Almost as much as Mario characters, Fire Emblem right behind them. I just want to see new representation of characters, you know? Hell, Incineroar is an interesting Pokemon, no doubt. Just really glad he isn't another Fire/Fighting starter.

D

Deleted member

Incineroar hope it comes soon.

We will find out the gen 7 rep soon I hope.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
I wasn't trying to get your hopes down or anything. If he makes it, I will still get the game, but I just feel we have too much Pokemon. Almost as much as Mario characters, Fire Emblem right behind them. I just want to see new representation of characters, you know? Hell, Incineroar is an interesting Pokemon, no doubt. Just really glad he isn't another Fire/Fighting starter.
No no, you're good. It wasn't what you said that had me feeling like that. It's kind of been a itching worry I've had for a while. I do understand the feeling about having to many Pokemon. I'd definitely like to see new series gets reps or even ones that have been neglected get one. (One of the reasons I was so excited for K. Rool!)

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
No no, you're good. It wasn't what you said that had me feeling like that. It's kind of been a itching worry I've had for a while. I do understand the feeling about having to many Pokemon. I'd definitely like to see new series gets reps or even ones that have been neglected get one. (One of the reasons I was so excited for K. Rool!)
I hope Pokken can get a sequel. It's the place where Pokemon fighter potential can be let loose.

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Either way, as much as I don't want a new Pokemon. If he does make it, I will definitely be happy for those who wanted him. Than I want to warm up to the Pokemon.

I hope Pokken can get a sequel. It's the place where Pokemon fighter potential can be let loose.
Hell yeah, I would like to see Incineroar in Pokken too! He has a lot of potential.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
To keep the thread going, a question I saw being asked in the Lycanroc thread that I thought could be nice to ask here.

Are you interested in Let's Go, and if so what are your hopes for it and/or Gen 8?

Me? I'll probably give Let's Go a skip for now. Not really feeling it, if that makes sense.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
To keep the thread going, a question I saw being asked in the Lycanroc thread that I thought could be nice to ask here.

Are you interested in Let's Go, and if so what are your hopes for it and/or Gen 8?

Me? I'll probably give Let's Go a skip for now. Not really feeling it, if that makes sense.
Skipping it. I've played yellow a good 3-4 times, and I dislike that they removed random encounters and only included the original 151 plus Meltan. I originally started with Red/Blue back in 98, and I have a lot of love for nostalgia and Gen1, but I'd prefer Gen8 at this point

Kotor

Luminary Uppercut!

Not at all. It's trying to pull in a specific demographic yes, but they're going about it in an extreme way. Seriously. $50 for Mew? That's all you get out of that Poke Ball accessory. I never got Ultra Sun/Moon when it came out last year, but it's more appealing to get than Let's Go.

Gen 8? Stop sucking up to Kanto? Do it to the region the games are set in.

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Nah, I'll pass on the Let's Go.
Probably this weekend I'll try to rent US/UM to try it, get Zeraora and send it to my Pokemon Sun but that's about it. I'll wait for the next gen.

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman
Literally impossible.

Zeraora doesn't exist in Pokémon Sun's data.
Jeez, why can’t Game Freak just update their games to allow folks who don’t buy the latest game(s) of that Pokémon Gen to still have compatabitly with the items, Mons & forms the newer games introduce/have. I know they don’t do it just so they could encourage folks to buy the latest game(s) but it still would be nice :(.

Last edited:

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Literally impossible.

Zeraora doesn't exist in Pokémon Sun's data.
Oh, it can't be done? Sigh, I'll pass from playing US/UM for now then... Thank you for telling me.

Well, at least The world Ends With You is released this Friday.

KingTorra

Smash Cadet

Although I didn't plan on getting it, and gen 1 is one of the most boring generations to me, I kinda think I'm gonna get it eventually cause of how cute it looks... But that'll probably be months after release and all, i'm in no rush to have it

UserKev

Smash Champion
Pokémon Lets Go Pikachu and Eevee is extremely lame to me. The only hope of me ever considering to buy it is through the rumor of other playable Gym Leaders.

D

Deleted member

The reaction to the game exactly, what I thought it would be. It seems. Interesting but not good enough. I don't think it'll be bad, but not what were looking for. I have no idea why NGameTheCube is so excited for it. But eh? Hope he enjoys it.

Smash Ultimate is Nintendo's big holiday title and I think even they know it.

Now I don't hate Let's Go but it's not what most want I would assume. That's just me though.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
This is how Incineroar should enter in their reveal

VexTheHex

Smash Ace
Been lurking lately instead of posting. Saw Lycanroc's supporters celebrating the new anime intro still featuring Torracat and hoping it's a sign he won't evolve any time soon making Lycanoc still stronger than the other team members and focused on. What are other's thoughts on this? I saw the heel got his card promotion, so it isn't like Incineroar is absent from promotions like Primarina is.

My faith in wrestler cat getting for Gen 7 has shaken some since there is strong competition in Lycanroc. I wouldn't exactly hate the rock wolf, but I found it's design so boring and safe for a Pokemon design in the same way as Seel. It's barely different from the real thing and has really muted coloring. While others may look down on Incineroar's questionable and quirky design, I feel that's what puts him above others.

Last edited:

KingTorra

Smash Cadet
Been lurking lately instead of posting. Saw Lycanroc's supporters celebrating the new anime intro still featuring Torracat and hoping it's a sign he won't evolve any time soon making Lycanoc still stronger than the other team members and focused on. What are other's thoughts on this? I saw the heel got his card promotion, so it isn't like Incineroar is absent from promotions like Primarina is.

My faith in wrestler cat getting for Gen 7 has shaken some since there is strong competition in Lycanroc. I wouldn't exactly hate the rock wolf, but I found it's design so boring and safe for a Pokemon design in the same way as Seel. It's barely different from the real thing and has really muted coloring. While others may look down on Incineroar's questionable and quirky design, I feel that's what puts him above others.
Yeah, I'd seen that. It makes sense, but I saw some people make arguments for it. They could potentially edit the Op to include Incineroar instead, as they've done before(Though I doubt they would due to how much Torracat is animated tbh). There was also a mini storyline during XY (I believe, I'm not sure which gen it was part of). That one had a new Op and closing even though it was only about 13 episodes long, but I dont know if this new one is gonna be that short. So, I suppose the theory makes sense, but if it correlates to Incineroar's chances? I'm not convinced on that yet, mostly because Kukui's Incineroar is the rival pokemon most think of, plus Iguess it's present in the Op as well.

Of course that's just me though, not like I have any concrete proof besides my opinion, lol.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet

Well, it definitely does help Lycanroc, but I wouldn't say it hurts Incineroar's chances though. At the moment, both Incineroar and Lycanroc have things working for them both that make their chances fairly even in my opinion. I do understand how it would make you feel a bit unsure though.

Just remember, just as Lycanroc has plenty of things supporting it's chances, Incineroar does too.

D

Deleted member

The biggest thing we have to consider is that honestly, whatever Incineroar gets now in regards to the anime just icing on the cake.

A lot of the antagonism from the Lycanroc support in regards to Incinceroar's presence in the anime and how the very thought of Ash getting an Incineroar seems to trigger a defense mechanism that has to be met with how long of a presence his Lycanroc has had and how it's "clearly" the ace when it's more like the Hawlucha of his Alola Team.....

....it literally doesn't matter in the long run.

The character of choice would have been picked back before Gen 7 were even public knowledge.
Dusk Lycanroc wouldn't even be a thing to look at. Just Midday and Midnight. No Pokémon from the Ultra games has any sort of chance if I'm being frank.

And each option from Decidueye, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Bewear, Midnight Lycanroc (because let's face it; Sakurai would pick Midnight over Midday), etc. would be on a level playing field, decided on based on what fighting styles they can bring to Smash, just like how Greninja was picked.

This is where Incineroar honestly shines best, especially in the concept art. That alone would be enough for Sakurai to consider, and based on what people like Vergeben has been saying, he has at the very least put strong consideration to the idea.

It may be hard for some to accept, but it's the truth. Those desperately praying for a "Robin" to happen and Sakurai change his mind later for Dusk Lycanroc because it "offers more" are praying for the impossible. If Sakurai initially decided on Incineroar instead of Midday Lycanroc (and Midnight, but mostly Midday for obvious reasons) based on how they could fit in Smash, how would what is basically a recolor of the same Pokémon with an extra tuft of hair and slight personality changes do anything to sway him? Especially when by the time he would have had any opportunity to know of Dusk's existence, it would be too late anyway?

....I really hate to be negative like this, but this has something I've been needing to get off my chest for a while with all the sheer bull**** that Incineroar and we as supporters have been thrown ever since Verge spoke about a Gen 7 Pokémon.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
The biggest thing we have to consider is that honestly, whatever Incineroar gets now in regards to the anime just icing on the cake.

A lot of the antagonism from the Lycanroc support in regards to Incinceroar's presence in the anime and how the very thought of Ash getting an Incineroar seems to trigger a defense mechanism that has to be met with how long of a presence his Lycanroc has had and how it's "clearly" the ace when it's more like the Hawlucha of his Alola Team.....

....it literally doesn't matter in the long run.

The character of choice would have been picked back before Gen 7 were even public knowledge.
Dusk Lycanroc wouldn't even be a thing to look at. Just Midday and Midnight. No Pokémon from the Ultra games has any sort of chance if I'm being frank.

And each option from Decidueye, Incineroar, Mimikyu, Bewear, Midnight Lycanroc (because let's face it; Sakurai would pick Midnight over Midday), etc. would be on a level playing field, decided on based on what fighting styles they can bring to Smash, just like how Greninja was picked.

This is where Incineroar honestly shines best, especially in the concept art. That alone would be enough for Sakurai to consider, and based on what people like Vergeben has been saying, he has at the very least put strong consideration to the idea.

It may be hard for some to accept, but it's the truth. Those desperately praying for a "Robin" to happen and Sakurai change his mind later for Dusk Lycanroc because it "offers more" are praying for the impossible. If Sakurai initially decided on Incineroar instead of Midday Lycanroc (and Midnight, but mostly Midday for obvious reasons) based on how they could fit in Smash, how would what is basically a recolor of the same Pokémon with an extra tuft of hair and slight personality changes do anything to sway him? Especially when by the time he would have had any opportunity to know of Dusk's existence, it would be too late anyway?

....I really hate to be negative like this, but this has something I've been needing to get off my chest for a while with all the sheer bull**** that Incineroar and we as supporters have been thrown ever since Verge spoke about a Gen 7 Pokémon.
Seems that you might need some cooling off, something has really griped you up.

I get that people have spat **** on your favorite character. It’s been everywhere, but that doesn’t mean you have throw everyone under the bus like that. Not to mention that we were we were only really discussing about a new opening that shows how Lycanroc was still getting a role in the anime despite others saying they won’t get anything afterward, and some casual talk. A certain someone here VexTheHex VexTheHex seems to have exaggerated that part a bit.

I feel like some parts were a bit aimed at me. I always considered Incineroar to be a top candidate for Gen 7 since pre E3, and I at least tried to prepare myself for him if he eventually was a top contender, and looky here seems like Incineroar is a top contender. I tried to consider everything we’ve seen so far, and also so apply that to what Sakurai have said before in order to help support my predictions and ideas. It’s why I and others still support them, there’s still a lot going for them, and there were many things you seemed to have overlooked for why they still seem likely for some. (The anime isn’t the only thing in their favor you know. It’s a part of it, but there’s more.) I at least tried to look at how Incineroar would be and everything he has going for him, sometimes things that may go in his favor to some people.

You’re pretty lucky that the character you want is considered to be likely. But not everyone is the going to be as brash as some people have been, and to throw everyone under the same roof is a little too drastic. A lot of characters have been **** on before, I’ve seen it all the time in my first speculation cycle with a lot of different characters, and this pessimism is something that probably should’ve been expected when a character is in the spotlight, especially if said character is the direct competitor of another. After all, there is never a good feeling when you’re in front of the reality that a character you want can possibly not get in, it’s just that not everyone takes it the same way than others.

Yeah, there were some brash people in the Lycanroc thread (you know who you are Chihiro Fujisaki Chihiro Fujisaki and DeltaSceptile DeltaSceptile ), that have said a couple of brash things before, you can call out that sort of stuff. I’m not going to deny some of the things you said, and I myself have tried to sway the thread away from Incineroar as much as possible which some others agreed too since it doesn’t make that thread any better, but at the same time, by saying things like it’s already fact and that people should stop supporting a character is definitely not the way to do it, especially when that character is either A) Not deconfirmed yet, and B) You seem to have a misunderstanding of why there is still support for said character and what’s going for them.

Either way, at least stay strong. If you’re character does get in, good for you! But in the end, don’t go too far to tip people off. Some people have to take bigger hits than others... and vise versa.

Last edited:

Dejime

Smash Apprentice
Like I said before, the decision has been taken a long time ago, now we have to play the waiting game.

For me, wanting a current generation pokemon as a newcomer is like a double edge sword, it's almost guaranteed that one will be chosen but... we only have one opportunity, if it's not the one you want... tough luck, it will never be playable in the future because a new generation will replace all the current ones.

I don't think there will be a 7 gen pokemon as dlc but I can see a gen 8 newcomer as a really late one though.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
They just uploaded another Fire Emblem track. The music theory's busted.
Our boi still has a chance

Last edited:

Chihiro Fujisaki

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KnightOfSpace
Seems that you might need some cooling off, something has really griped you up.

I get that people have spat **** on your favorite character. It’s been everywhere, but that doesn’t mean you have throw everyone under the bus like that. Not to mention that we were we were only really discussing about a new opening that shows how Lycanroc was still getting a role in the anime despite others saying they won’t get anything afterward, and some casual talk. A certain someone here VexTheHex VexTheHex seems to have exaggerated that part a bit.

I feel like some parts were a bit aimed at me. I always considered Incineroar to be a top candidate for Gen 7 since pre E3, and I at least tried to prepare myself for him if he eventually was a top contender, and looky here seems like Incineroar is a top contender. I tried to consider everything we’ve seen so far, and also so apply that to what Sakurai have said before in order to help support my predictions and ideas. It’s why I and others still support them, there’s still a lot going for them, and there were many things you seemed to have overlooked for why they still seem likely for some. (The anime isn’t the only thing in their favor you know. It’s a part of it, but there’s more.) I at least tried to look at how Incineroar would be and everything he has going for him, sometimes things that may go in his favor to some people.

You’re pretty lucky that the character you want is considered to be likely. But not everyone is the going to be as brash as some people have been, and to throw everyone under the same roof is a little too drastic. A lot of characters have been **** on before, I’ve seen it all the time in my first speculation cycle with a lot of different characters, and this pessimism is something that probably should’ve been expected when a character is in the spotlight, especially if said character is the direct competitor of another. After all, there is never a good feeling when you’re in front of the reality that a character you want can possibly not get in, it’s just that not everyone takes it the same way than others.

Yeah, there were some brash people in the Lycanroc thread (you know who you are Chihiro Fujisaki Chihiro Fujisaki and DeltaSceptile DeltaSceptile ), that have said a couple of brash things before, you can call out that sort of stuff. I’m not going to deny some of the things you said, and I myself have tried to sway the thread away from Incineroar as much as possible which some others agreed too since it doesn’t make that thread any better, but at the same time, by saying things like it’s already fact and that people should stop supporting a character is definitely not the way to do it, especially when that character is either A) Not deconfirmed yet, and B) You seem to have a misunderstanding of why there is still support for said character and what’s going for them.

Either way, at least stay strong. If you’re character does get in, good for you! But in the end, don’t go too far to tip people off. Some people have to take bigger hits than others... and vise versa.
i do dislike incineroar but i do try not to take it too far. if i seem brash i do apologize since incineroar does have its fans and invalidating them would just be disrespectful. probably will be the only time i blink in this thread btw

edit: in retrospect looking back on my posts i was a bit too overtly negative, so i do apologize for that since that's not constructive speculation. even if i dislike the pokemon it's no excuse on my part to act in such a way.

Last edited:

KingTorra

Smash Cadet

I saw this question on a few other threads so, where do you guys think Incineroar could fit on the banner? I know they can always just edit it and changew the spacing. Sorry if this has been brought up already and I missed it.

D

Deleted member

I saw this question on a few other threads so, where do you guys think Incineroar could fit on the banner? I know they can always just edit it and changew the spacing. Sorry if this has been brought up already and I missed it.
Facing off with Pokémon Trainer and freaking out Wario and Dedede.

Someone said:
That said, hey, we finally get a better look at the Id (Purpose) remix from Robin's mini-trailer. Let us hope it somehow ends up leading into someone following in Robin's footsteps in the next couple weeks...
And people question why I said what I did here:
Those desperately praying for a "Robin" to happen and Sakurai change his mind later for Dusk Lycanroc because it "offers more" are praying for the impossible. If Sakurai initially decided on Incineroar instead of Midday Lycanroc (and Midnight, but mostly Midday for obvious reasons) based on how they could fit in Smash, how would what is basically a recolor of the same Pokémon with an extra tuft of hair and slight personality changes do anything to sway him? Especially when by the time he would have had any opportunity to know of Dusk's existence, it would be too late anyway?
People acting like Incineroar is the Chrom when Incineroar is the Robin. With Lycanroc being the Chrom and Dusk being a slightly different Chrom.

Last edited by a moderator:

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
Incineroar's placement on the poster is gonna be as Lucario's opponent as far as I can see it (I'd put the Gen VII Pokémon on that spot regardless of who it is. Lucario is just really facing off against no one right now.)

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
There's not gonna be a Chrom situation.

I have no reason to believe Verge's info is from pre-production like Gematsu, one big reason being that Incineroar is already named (as opposed to a placeholder or being called Tiger 3 like in the leaked concept art.) and it's coming from multiple sources. I have every reason to believe Incineroar has already been worked on, and if they're not in because they got cut or whatever then I don't expect another Pokemon to replace them at all.

Last edited:

TokuDoku

Smash Rookie
Incineroar's placement on the poster is gonna be as Lucario's opponent as far as I can see it (I'd put the Gen VII Pokémon on that spot regardless of who it is. Lucario is just really facing off against no one right now.)
I could see it, Lucario and Incineroar have a lot of parallels. They could have a cool rivalry imo.

D

Deleted member

Should Incineroar's "theme" (as in what plays in his trailers) be a remix of the E4 theme:

a remix of the Battle Royal theme:

a remix of Welcome to Alola:

or something else entirely?
We know there's a remix of the Trainer Battle theme from S/M, but should that be used for Incineroar....?

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
Should Incineroar's "theme" (as in what plays in his trailers) be a remix of the E4 theme:

We know there's a remix of the Trainer Battle theme from S/M, but should that be used for Incineroar....?
Battle Royal. Professor Kukui The Masked Royal is the trainer most associated with Incineroar so he should get his music.

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710

I would say Battle Royale. But if not, give me a remix of Gladion's theme:
Or the Team Skull Encounter theme (Incineroar is kinda evil, after all):

Last edited:
Top Bottom