• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Burn With Passion!! -- Incineroar General Discussion (Formerly the Support Thread)

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Flame Charge, but he does it with his knee like Kenny Omega's v trigger and Choke slam just like Kane.. Oh and have one of his taunts with Kane's pyros and Braun Strowman's pose with the ROOOOAAAAAR.
Choke Slam was also well known as one of Undertaker's moves as well before Kane added it to his own (but it originated as Sgt. Slaughter's signature move first).

That NEEDS to be Incineroar's Down-Throw, makes me think of Lucario's own Down-Throw a bit (just without the choking part)!

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Choke Slam was also well known as one of Undertaker's moves as well before Kane added it to his own (but it originated as Sgt. Slaughter's signature move first).

That NEEDS to be Incineroar's Down-Throw, makes me think of Lucario's own Down-Throw a bit (just without the choking part)!
Agreed, and of course Incineroar should totally have Throat Thrust as well.. Maybe as a like a down b similar to Ryu's super punch.

D

Deleted member

The move is called Throat Chop, people.

I get there's 69 jokes with the possible character number, but let's keep it PG. :V

Flyboy

Smash Hero
It's Throat Thrust in Fire Pro Wrestling Returns! And that game totally translated every move and option correctly!

BrashCandicoot

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5129-0606-3457
Switch FC
SW-2362-2833-3327
If he's definitely in the game, I have a feeling that he will be introduced alongside Ken, mainly because their both fighters and I can see them having a brawl in the ring in the reveal trailer.

Klimax

Smash Ace

I get there's 69 jokes with the possible character number, but let's keep it PG. :V
Keeping it PG is best for business.

Do yout think that they'll use american wrestling moves or japanese wrestling moves for Incineroar ?

TeamFlareZakk

Making Super Smash Bros a more beautiful world!
Can still be called Bulk Up/Throat Thrust!

Although Throat Thrust sounds a little lewd for Smash!
Incineroar saving that Throat Thrust for Lusamine ;)

We have an embodiment of lewdness and innuendos in Smash already :ultbayonetta:

This is nothing.
Oh its true.. Oh and :ultpalutena: too lol.

Throat Chop it is, eitherway Incineroar's opponent gets these hands!

Flyboy

Smash Hero
Or Incineroar is female.

Or they're gay.

Don't judge; Incineroar can love whomever. I respect you, Incineroar.

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Or Incineroar is female.

Or they're gay.

Don't judge; Incineroar can love whomever. I respect you, Incineroar.
As a dude who likes dudes, I like the way you think.

I mean, either way that pic is hilarious. Poor Incineroar just doesn't know how to show love without doing something heelish!

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
The irony is Primarina has 75% chance to be male. :V
They seriously need to fix that in Gen VIII! Starters should have an equal chance to be either gender! (same goes for other Pokemon like Lucario who has the same 90% male to 10% female ratio)!

We have two feminine looking starters (Delphox and Primrinia), yet they give them a literally 90% chance to be male, that's not fair! (thankfully a good portion of my starters that I've bred are all female!)

All the Fire Starters that I'm planning to bring over to Ultra Sun (sans Mega Charizard X) are female! (which will most likely be broken once I get Litten in Ultra Sun, til I breed it with Jolly Ditto!)

lightdrago

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW 2938 1058 0987
They seriously need to fix that in Gen VIII! Starters should have an equal chance to be either gender! (same goes for other Pokemon like Lucario who has the same 90% male to 10% female ratio)!

We have two feminine looking starters (Delphox and Primrinia), yet they give them a literally 90% chance to be male, that's not fair! (thankfully a good portion of my starters that I've bred are all female!)

All the Fire Starters that I'm planning to bring over to Ultra Sun (sans Mega Charizard X) are female! (which will most likely be broken once I get Litten in Ultra Sun, til I breed it with Jolly Ditto!)
Pretty sure they do that to justify why you don’t find many starters in the wild; their gender ratio is skewed so they can’t breed as often.

To fix it, just make the feminine looking starter have a higher chance of being female than male.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
If Ditto weren't a thing, I totally get making starters harder to find females for in order to make them rarer.

However, everyone has a Ditto or twenty- why make them so hard to find now?

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
If Ditto weren't a thing, I totally get making starters harder to find females for in order to make them rarer.

However, everyone has a Ditto or twenty- why make them so hard to find now?
I have 4 Dittos (one is Hasty, 2 are Jolly (one has it's Hidden ability), and the last one is Timid!)

I'm always prepared to breed any speedy Pokemon.

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Pretty sure they do that to justify why you don’t find many starters in the wild; their gender ratio is skewed so they can’t breed as often.

To fix it, just make the feminine looking starter have a higher chance of being female than male.
Exactly my point!

Another good reasoning I think for the high male chance on some Pokemon (starters mostly) is that so you have to literally work to breed the starter with the Egg move you want! (ex: Lucario with Blaze Kick (I know Lucario's not a starter), Blaziken with Night Slash, Infernape with Blaze Kick and so on and so forth!)

Granted I wish there was Signature Move Tutors (aka Move Tutors who can teach Pokemon Signature moves of other Pokemon (barring Legendary Pokemon), imagine getting something like Blaze Kick on your Shiny Lucario without having to breed for it (and likewise taking forever to get said Shiny with said move)? Or a Gardevoir with Aura Sphere?)

In before Klinklang gets Meteor Mash! (shame that one of my favorite Gen V Pokemon (aside from Gothitelle, Emboar and Bisharp), gets crapped on when it comes to good level up and TM movesets (gets nothing but Special Attacks and it's mostly a Physical Attacker? And you already have Pokemon that can use the Plus/Minus strategy quite well in the form of Plusle and Minun!)

Last edited:

Koopaul

Smash Champion
For throws I can imagine him using a Suplex for the back throw, a spinning Pile Driver for the up throw, the down throw would be a Chokeslam (obviously), and his forward throw would be a Giant Swing.

EDIT: I just thought of something. What if he could pull a Donkey Kong and is able to carry fighter above him? Thus adding four additional throws to his arsenal. You could have him perform a Backbreaker if he's carrying someone on his and does an up throw.

Last edited:

Flik

Smash Journeyman
For throws I can imagine him using a Suplex for the back throw, a spinning Pile Driver for the up throw, the down throw would be a Chokeslam (obviously), and his forward throw would be a Giant Swing.

EDIT: I just thought of something. What if he could pull a Donkey Kong and is able to carry fighter above him? Thus adding four additional throws to his arsenal. You could have him perform a Backbreaker if he's carrying someone on his and does an up throw.
That and pressing down during the jump to perform the good old Spinning Piledriver :estatic:

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
You know, there's something I've been curious about.

If Incineroar manages to get in, what character are you all going to rally your support behind next/which ones are you also supporting?

HypnoMaster372

Smash Journeyman

If Incineroar manages to get in, what character are you all going to rally your support behind next/which ones are you also supporting?
Bascuilly any characters the large majority haven’t jammed into their heads. I preferably would like either a Rhythm Heaven character (prefer Karate Joe), Dillon, Elma, The Black Knight, & finally having a Hanafuda character I feel would be pretty nifty as a callback to Nintendo orgin as a Hanafuda company. But regardless of whoever gets in, I will always try to find the silver lining behind every inclusion, because no one don’t derseved to be in Smash ;)...unless their origin is a non-Video Game, in that case they should stay out :evil:!

KingTorra

Smash Cadet

Honestly, Incineroar is the only character I truly want, but I think I would go over and support the Isaac fans!

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Rhythm Heaven is the only one left I really want, but I'm more than content getting Isabelle, Pokemon Trainer, Pichu, Snake and an Alolan Pokemon. (and looking like one that I really like, to boot.)

D

Deleted member

I like the idea of Incineroar having professional moves as well as his standard moves, maybe a lariat for a quick jab, down throw could be a sit-out Powerbomb. Maybe forward smash could be a spear.

Just some ideas.

Also throat thrust is a wrestling move used by big wrestlers to emphasize size and power, Undertaker and Kane used it and today Roman Reigns, and Bray Wyatt among others have used it. I would assume throat chop, and flame charge, maybe darkest lariat of course. Would be among his moves as well. So yes he'd have the moves you would expect but also wrestling stuff just a bit in there.

Majora's Visage

Smash Journeyman
First he dominates everyone in the anime, then he becomes king of VGC, now he is getting more TCG representation. Our bro can't be stopped. Here's hoping his reveal is soon.
1538704181253.jpg

Eldrake

Smash Lord
Considering how they've been seriously pushing Incineroar this year, right as Smash is coming, all of this recent promotion has a decent chance to not be a coincidence.

Last edited:

Tiymako

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Tiymako
3DS FC
3969-4335-6560
Switch FC
4983-0183-9411
Not much of a fan of Incineroar and I don't think he will make it in. Though if he does, I would like to see him do some sick wrestling moves! I may be warming up to the thought of Incineroar as a Pokemon, but I always thought Decidueye and Primarina we the better picks in Sun and Moon. I don't believe the Veggie Bun Leaks I feel he is just guessing at this point, but I could be wrong.

I will be happy for you folks if he does make it in though!! So good luck to you and happy speculating. :D

SmashNStache

Smash Cadet
Not much of a fan of Incineroar and I don't think he will make it in. Though if he does, I would like to see him do some sick wrestling moves! I may be warming up to the thought of Incineroar as a Pokemon, but I always thought Decidueye and Primarina we the better picks in Sun and Moon. I don't believe the Veggie Bun Leaks I feel he is just guessing at this point, but I could be wrong.

I will be happy for you folks if he does make it in though!! So good luck to you and happy speculating. :D
Ah...thanks, I guess?

I'm both eagerly awaiting and also kind of nervous about the next Direct. I believe in the big fire cat but there's a part of me that's still worried he won't get in. Obviously, it's not going to ruin the game for me if he isn't though!

Last edited:
Top Bottom