• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bug found - Bug removed!

Status
Not open for further replies.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
I agree to an extent rex, there are some situations in casual/moderate play where that's not neccesarily true, which I think the TC fits into the catagory of casual to moderate, hence his delight at the removal of WD because there were times where it could have tipped the scale for him.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I am completely humble. trust me. I just have confidence in my skills enough to know that by the way he's been talking(showing that he is probably not very good) I could beat him. That's all I was saying

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
I am completely humble. trust me. I just have confidence in my skills enough to know that by the way he's been talking(showing that he is probably not very good) I could beat him. That's all I was saying
Nah, you were saying how much you like granny panties all over your face.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
Could be mario, but I really think we're talking about two different scenes here. He's talking aboud doing well in casual party play, though yeah... online brawl will be riddled with tourney junkies who live to own people online. So chances are he's not gonna be happy about his first few online matches.

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
Could be mario, but I really think we're talking about two different scenes here. He's talking aboud doing well in casual party play, though yeah... online brawl will be riddled with tourney junkies who live to own people online. So chances are he's not gonna be happy about his first few online matches.
I think mario just knows he'll lose when he eventually plays me so he's attempting to gain the upper hand by peppering me with "im gonna get you!"s so by the time I actually play him he'll be so built up in my mind that I'll fumble and lose horribly.

It's a solid plan that I wouldn't expect from a guy who likes granny panties all over his face.

mario-man

Smash Lord
I'm not gonna reply to that comment

btw, it's mario-MAN fyi!

don't forget that part or you'll confuse ppl

veil222

Smash Journeyman
You're dumb, I'm not defending your badly put together points anymore, even if I can see where you're coming from.

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
Considering the topic creator seems to be an idiot, he'll get ***** even harder in Brawl because Brawl seems more mindgame-centric than Melee.
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, I'm sure there'll be some new technique like stagewarping or invisittacking that I can bend and exploit to counter my lack of brains.

CodeBlack

Smash Ace
I agree that wavedashing is annoying and unnecessary to have a good time, but you can also outfight someone who uses it... it isn't like a glitch that automatically makes you lose, it's more like the good old Hadoken-Shoryuken strategy in Street Fighter (or perhaps something a little more advanced, there's a ton of those in SF), more accepted in tournements, hard to counter without risk, but worth the risk if you can corner the player and make them pay.

It's all about outmatching your opponent. Me, i'm a casual player, so it's all about playing the game.

mario-man

Smash Lord
Not true my friend!! Certain characters can still Waveland! like MARIO for instance...

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
Oh yeah, I forgot about that. Well, I'm sure there'll be some new technique like stagewarping or invisittacking that I can bend and exploit to counter my lack of brains.
You obviously don't realize that Melee was already heavily mindgame-centric. If you played smarter than your opponent, it's possible to make up for deficiencies in technical skill.

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
You obviously don't realize that Melee was already heavily mindgame-centric. If you played smarter than your opponent, it's possible to make up for deficiencies in technical skill.
I do realize that. But be able to wavedashing against an opponent that can't is like playing a person with a constant set of bunny ears on. Sure it's combatable, but it certainly gives them an advantage.

IShotLazer

Smash Journeyman
zombiebite...
You're bored aren't you?
btw we just have different opinions on how to play the game, I can't change yours and you can't change mine. As long as you have fun man.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
You are more clueless than you can pull off for a new person on here.

You really believe that without wave dash you have a better chance? Your dead wrong. its a tool to help with evasion and baiting your opponent. and not everyone uses it, and can still fight at the same level with people who do use it. Peach for one, her wave dash sucks. Vidjo and cort. (pro Peach players) dont wave dash at all and own hardcore. Mike G (another Peach player and my idol) He wavedashes and owns.

Its a tool and not everyone needs it. But it does help. it does not change anything cause Its all based on how you think, how fast you reacted, how well you can handle your character, your match ups and the players skills itself. So dont think without it, your gonna have a chance. cause you will still get owned by good players (wether they wavedash or not)

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
That's why everyone should do it!! to avoid such disadvantages.
Nah, that's why people shouldn't do it; to avoid such advantages.

zombiebite...
You're bored aren't you?
btw we just have different opinions on how to play the game, I can't change yours and you can't change mine. As long as you have fun man.
Yeah, but where's the fun in a non-combative statement like that?

Doggalina

Smash Lord
Chicagoland (NW Indiana)/Purdue West Lafayette
I do realize that. But be able to wavedashing against an opponent that can't is like playing a person with a constant set of bunny ears on. Sure it's combatable, but it certainly gives them an advantage.
No johns. Either use it, or don't use. Either way, don't complain because it's in the game and there's nothing stopping you from using it.

MisfitFan

Smash Cadet
listen guys the guy just staited his openion about wavedashing theres no need to rip his head off. when it comes down to it its either you do it or you dont that simple. you guys that call yourselfs masters of ssbm take this game way to seriously. this is a GAME after all its just meant to pass the time and have fun with your friends nothing more.

Maikeru17

What the hell is this thing
NNID
NoxNoctis
That's why everyone should do it!! to avoid such disadvantages.
No, that's actually quite wrong.
There are certain characters whose wavedash is absolutely terrible, or not good enough to use it consistently.
C.Falcon, Link (I'm a Link main, don't argue it), Zelda, Peach, Bowser.
Sure, the majority of them are lower-tier, but that's not because they don't have good wavedashes.

Wavedashing is not nearly as important as you think, dude.
The only important, MUST LEARN technique was L Canceling, which isn't a glitch, since it's currently in the Brawl demo.

Also, Melee was very, very mindgame/metagame oriented, character match ups played a big part (usually), and out thinking your opponent was/is about 70% of a pro match.
Any pro will destroy you in Brawl on the first day, without advanced techniques, and probably even if you have items on, because they'll be able to out think you.

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
listen guys the guy just staited his openion about wavedashing theres no need to rip his head off.
Nah, actually I was pretty flamboyant about my opinion, stating it as fact and attempted rile up the community and cause a flamewar of sorts.

Dark.Pch

Smash Legend
NNID
Dark.Pch
3DS FC
5413-0118-3799
Yes, and so do you:

So it helps but I'm clueless for thinking it helps?

1) I'll still kick your azz in this game with or without it. stop crying and wanting the eazy way out of it. the best player in the world can play you with and without it. you will still get your asked kicked the same EXACT way. No more or less. And no I dont so please dont assume things when you know nothing of me. ;)

2) No, your clueless for thinking you have a better chance with out it in the game. guess what? you can just wave dash here and there for no reason. People think and use mindgames. You obviously no nothing if you really believe that. Wave dash is not needed. only characters I say that need it is Luigi and Samus. Learn what competitive smash is about before you think your gonna get off easy if wavedash was out. stick to playing with items and leave this to the big boys

Legolastom

Smash Hero
Wow your a **** player who cant beat someone else so you try and blame it on a skill they use.

Talk about original, huh?

Ixninjax

Smash Journeyman
Lol, have you ever played someone who wavedashed before? Can you even wavedash yourself? Most ppl who bash advanced moves seem to have little to no experience with such moves.

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
1) I'll still stick it in your azz with or without your permission. stop crying and wanting the eazy way out of it I'm gonna do it. you will still get your azz ***** the same EXACT way. No more or less. And no I dont so please dont assume things when you know nothing of me besides I want you. ;)
:laugh: You're one of them queers, right?

D

Deleted member

DAng zombie im impressed. 45 posts in one day...wow... keep it up man. Btw, i still dont agree with anything u say but i respect your post count :p

ZombieBite

Smash Cadet
DAng zombie im impressed. 45 posts in one day...wow... keep it up man. Btw, i still dont agree with anything u say but i respect your post count :p
Yeah, and to all those "above this post" posters who left in a flurry of self-righteousness yet are still lurking and reading, pretending they left...I seeeeee you.

veil222

Smash Journeyman
People keep making the mistake of assuming he's referring to tournament play....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom