• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Buffered IC fthrow Infinite on Heavyweights and Others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
*Looks at comments* O__o This CG is what I reference on Dedede's standing grab, and I like it. :p I still can't do it online though.. it messes Nana up because she dashes, she moves instead of one place, grab speed rate & its timing, etc. @__@;;;

Baro said:
I've known about this one for a while :/

And even if I hadn't, I'd be pretty unimpressed. To a good Ice Climbers, this CG is nice to know, sure, but the IC's CGs are versatile enough that it's unecessary. Just do f or d throws to the edge, bthrow, then go to the other side. Like, jesus. End in a smash or a spike when you'd like. Besides, this only works on heavies so... yeah. I'm not going to learn it. I'm going to stick with my other CGs which I'm already **** good at.
It needz proof for a video, but meh, I guess you've found it, but you have to perform it since you've known this for a while. o: And yet, this is what people that do not know, like about several people here freaked out and they never knew about it, and some people that know about it. Also, this CG is underrated, because people don't use this in real matches for fun or friendlies and it's risky on real competitive matches. @_@;
About on learning about this buffered CG... people have a choice whether they can learn it or not, and you said that you had the choice on not to learn it, and it's okay. But this is a fun CG to mess with people, especially their mind. :p

Anyways, I've tried it on some characters and it worked, so let me list some of the characters that could work on them. However, for some characters, since the ICs have small grab range, I thought it wouldn't work on R.O.B because their grab wouldn't reach that far... and I've tried it, but the ICs moved a bit and you have to decrease your grabbing speed rate. So yeah... meh, just follow what Hylian said.

Perfectly works on with perfect timing
Bowser
Donkey Kong
Dedede
Samus
Charizard
Ike

There's also buffered d-throw or f-throw to a Nana spike that's probably discovered already; you can also do it more than 2 times and even after a spike, and possibly it can work with all characters, but awkward to do on heavies. And yeah there are buffered b-throw to f-throw or d-throw that was discovered a long time ago; and of course these CGs are just buffered/advanced than normal CGs...

Demenise

Smash Journeyman
It's a nice trick, great for the end of time matches. Otherwise, not much of a use to the Ice Climbers.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
It's a nice trick, great for the end of time matches. Otherwise, not much of a use to the Ice Climbers.
It's risky on real competitive matches, but it's for fun to mess with people.

Oh BTW smaci, I sent another one that's more accurate & a bit more longer, and with that, I find it easier to do the buffered f-throw on Samus than other characters that can be infinited by this, but I find Charizard or Ike harder, but what I mean by harder is, I mean that it's uncomfortable.

smaci92

Smash Lord
Oh BTW smaci, I sent another one that's more accurate & a bit more longer, and with that, I find it easier to do the buffered f-throw on Samus than other characters that can be infinited by this, but I find Charizard or Ike harder, but what I mean by harder is, I mean that it's uncomfortable.
ok...I've uploaded 5 vids today lulz. I'll put it up tonight or tomorrow =P thanks

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Again, amazing... Does moving so little before a forward throw like this work on any character in any chain?
Yes, you have to move a bit in order to do it, but you also have to decrease your speed rate on grabbing or else you won't reach Nana's grab if she continues to buffer her f-throw. @.@;

Khaoz

Smash Journeyman
I dont think I'm doing it right =/

for some reason Nana runs forward when it's her turn...

So it's EXACTLY like the alt. Fthrow, just faster,right?

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Blegh, I have trouble doing it, I can do it for like 2-3 throws max.

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
I dont think I'm doing it right =/

for some reason Nana runs forward when it's her turn...

So it's EXACTLY like the alt. Fthrow, just faster,right?
It's a fast f-throw, but I reference this to Dedede's standing grab, so it's faster and you stay in place.

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
i went into the chatroom but no one was there T_T.
i wont be on for the rest of the week i think cause of test this week and WCSL....

Diddyknight

Smash Lord
.....i refreshed it...but nutin showed...>.< guess ill try again the next time i get on
o and you were red....on my screen anway
Edit: I hate my friends computer >.<

swordgard

Smash Hero
Uhm, i dont get the big fuzz around this new technique. Ics could already 0 to death, the only difference it makes is how fast. Sure its a bit usefull, but this does not make ics broken, for this is only accelerating the process of cging. I think any good ic knows the problem isnt infiniting, but actually getting the grab(remember ambrose vs ally or lain vs holy, they could barely find a way to get the grab sometimes). Imo this is overrated.

Ambrose

Smash Journeyman
Uhm, i dont get the big fuzz around this new technique. Ics could already 0 to death, the only difference it makes is how fast. Sure its a bit usefull, but this does not make ics broken, for this is only accelerating the process of cging. I think any good ic knows the problem isnt infiniting, but actually getting the grab(remember ambrose vs ally or lain vs holy, they could barely find a way to get the grab sometimes). Imo this is overrated.
I agree. ICs cgs are great. But against top players it is not the answer to all, they know how to not get grabbed. Even if you do get the grab, you have to do the CG as fast and efficiently as possible because good players know how to struggle really well. So if you slow down just a bit, they will break free.

As for ally... i think there are actually grenades strapped across his snake's vest ready to explode when I grab him. xD

ChibiIceClimberz

Smash Ace
NNID
ch33bdragonite
3DS FC
5370-0405-0580
Well, 5 day bump topic...
I tested this with other characters if it works, and it works well with other characters besides heavy weights. Meta Knight, G&W, Sheik, Zelda, R.O.B (very strict timing), Mario, Zamus, (both Mario and Zamus have strict timing as well), and SoPo (a bit strict) can be chain with this infinite. For others, I couldn't do it, so yeah.

In conclusion, it works on: Bowser, Dedede, Donkey Kong, Samus, Ike, Meta Knight, G&W, Sheik, Zelda, R.O.B, Mario, Zamus, and SoPo.

I feel like I'm missing someone, lol. xD

Swordgard said:
Old comment, so I know that. We know but this is a CG that's pointless to do on real tournaments besides to freak people out. And what's so overrated about it? xD

Barge

All I want is a custom title
Discovering new chain grabs is pretty useless. Since we have enough tools to zero death any character effectively. But its always nice to see new interesting *flashy* chain grabs.

Like the footstool to fairs. Better options, but flashy :D

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Discovering new chain grabs is pretty useless. Since we have enough tools to zero death any character effectively. But its always nice to see new interesting *flashy* chain grabs.

Like the footstool to fairs. Better options, but flashy :D
But this is a good option because it's quick and works on heavies.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
But this is a good option because it's quick and works on heavies.
Exactly. The chances of them breaking out of this are very low.

It's not really flashy, it's just...fast. That's why I like it. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom