• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Bronson

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Hey guys, this is Bronson speaking. Its time for me to Retire. Its time to move on with Life and get things done. I still will be around the Falco forums most likely. But I am pretty sure I won't be going to anymore local tournaments anymore and no more OOS tournaments.

Its time for me to put whats important in my life on a pedestal.

The main one would be God. I havn't had much time lately to be the devoted Christian that I am supposed to be. I've been wanting to go to smash tournies rather than go to Church on a Sunday which is only one of the few times out of a week I can spend with God. God is supposed to be a priority. I know not everyone believes in Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. But I do. One things that remind me of this is that when I look at a Rainbow, I tell myself, "What can create this, and how"? The only answer I can come up with that sounds logical, is Jesus. There is no possible way, that somethings as colorful and so put together like a rainbow, could be created by an explosion, or some theory. Its obvious to me that there is only one God, and he is creater of the Earth. I mean people, just walk outside, look around. Theres no possible way that something as beautiful as Earth, could be the cause of an explosion. Everything is put together just too nicely and perfect. And a Last reason why I know that there is a God, is when I go to Church, everyone is so loving, so loving that any ordinary human could not be that loving. They have a certain passion in their heart that you can tell is from the spirit of God. Its such a fire, it keeps them burning wanting more people to be with God. And I want to be this way, I want to burn with a passion to leave people to God. And smash is one of the things that is holding me back from this. I mean honestly, smash is a fantasy. Earth is one too, I'm just passing through.

So yeah, I'll probably still browse around the smash forums to see if I can help here and there. But this can't be something that takes away from what little time I have every sunday with God. God>All.

Redd

thataintfalco.com
BRoomer
I see your point completely, man. I could probably do a little better job of being Christian too.

Nice playing you @ pound, hopefully we'll meet up sometime =)

Adi

Smash Lord
For a second thought you were joking, but than I read your paragraph and realized that's too deep to be a joke.

Good stuff man, do whatever your heart tells you to. As long as your happy that's what matters.

Peace out..

Handorin

Smash Hero
Peace man. Wish I could have played you back at INN now, we had some great conversations though. I can see why you are retiring and respect that. Take care.

P.S. If I am ever down in your area, I still want to play some matches. ;)

Nite

Smash Champion
We'll be missing you Bronson. Had a lot of good times with you at tournaments. Everyone has their priorities, so I understand. Take care and I'll see you when Brawl comes out.

Falco&Victory

Smash Champion
Sad to see you retiring, I mean, why is everyone doing it right before Brawl comes out? But of course you have other things in life, so more power to you. I mean, it wouldn't be fair for you to play, you're completely broken. I've seen your vids

Kada

Smash Journeyman
I totally see where you're coming from, and I really respect what you're doing. There are a ton of people who could learn a lot from you, myself included. Good luck with your journey, I hope it all goes well for you.

It's funny, but I've actually been feeling the same way as you about the Earth and nature over the last little while.. I just recently decided to do some photography of sunsets and skyscapes and stuff, and it just blows my mind. There really is no way that it could be random. It completely re-affirms to me why I pursue the faith that I do.

I'm sure that I'm not just speaking for myself when I say that you've inspired tons of people throughout your Smash career, and you will be greatly missed. Hope to see you around here every once in a while. And good luck with the rest of your life. Maybe we'll see each other again someday.

Repryx

Smash Champion
Well Bronson,...I guess my dream of playin DaShizWiz goes up in smoke....But I know How you feel....though it may not matter to you since you have made your decision I'll tell you what my Secret is:
Church-wise
1. Go to CHURCH on Sunday

2.Go to Wednesday Bible Study

3.When I feel that Im bored I pick up a Bible

4.Sing in the Church choir...even if you cant sing a note it is something that teaches you discipline as well as breaks down some scriptures (in some songs) in fact if possible write a song or something I write.

4.Tithe...Tithing is not only your Money For every 100 years you live you owe 10 to God Whether it be Prayer, Scripture, Church or Serving Him in a way. Remember 10% of a day is 2hrs and 40 mins Maybe before you go to bed or mid-day.(or maybe you are a morning person) This is where I struggle cuz it can be hard on days when you REALLY dont wanna do anything church related...(like sleep or smash)

5. When your Chuch goes to an event, Purpose it in your heart to attend with them.

Smash-Wise:
1.Play on Saturdays. If you play on Sundays go to Church 1st. If you play during the Weekday dont make it the Climax of the day(unless it was an organized event, im talking about at your friends house)

Basically Shiz its all about finding a balance. I'd have to say to up and quit smash is a bit extreme maybe you should just balance. I know it would be hard at first but in my opinion playing smash is like going out on the weekends....not neccesary to do but a neccesary outlet.(meaning that it is one of many things that go into releiving stress) I assure you if you are a church mouse 7 days of the week you will be worn God knows our limits and He'll never put more on us than we can bear which is why he only requires 10%. The point is Keeping God as your center while remembering you are human. Well Good luck Bronson...and I hope you find a balance in whatever you do.

As a Fellow Falco I pray whatever your decision is, you do it to the fullest as all Falco's do(some better than others)...go for it all(Assuming it is the Face of God or Balance cuz if you go rob sombody I withdraw my prayer lolz)

Fellow Falco

Perry-Repryx

TheKneeOfJustice

Smash Lord
Remember 10% of a day is 2hrs and 40 mins Maybe before you go to bed or mid-day.
Actually, with the correct math, it's only 144 minutes, or 2 hours and 24 minutes. Those extra sixteen minutes can go to drilling tech skill, haha. I'm just kidding. But man, first Forward, and now Shiz. Great Falco's both who will leave a lasting impact on our community here.

saberhof

Smash Master
aw man, the man that forced me to learn technical skills is now leaving the community...oh well, i honor for you being my favorite falco from the start and opening the door for me of the main that i have now that is falco. i enjoyed speaking with you lots of times, even though i don't go into AIM a lot, i hope i still catch you there man, it was a pleasure having to meet you threw here.

c ya man.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Don't quit! Go to tournaments before/after church, if that's what you're worried about.. I'm not asking you to eat, sleep, breathe smash. As someone in this thread said, find a good balance. :)

Good luck in life.

Miharu

Smash Hero
Good luck with that then; I hope that all this has been a meaningful experience for you.

Take care.

Druggedfox

Smash Champion
awww, im sorry u actually decided to retire though i know you put a lot of thought into this. But will you be back for brawl, once again not breathing and sleeping smash, but maybe enough to not overgo God, but still get past not playing AT ALL. I respect what u did though, and i really wanted to play you since u have been an inspiration to falcos everywhere.
P.S. If you had not made this thread, then i woul have made this thread and could proudly say that i made Forwards and Dashizwiz's retirement thread XD

peace and hope u do well in w/e u do. =)

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
Dang man, never got to really know/play you, but still, it is sad to see a fellow smasher leave the community. Hope you find what you are looking for, and if what you find is that you are happiest, or most passionate when not playing smash, then so be it, it's your life. But still, like Repryx and other smashers have said, balance is possible if you want there to be a balance. And really, the effect you have had on the community has been quite great; to have you leave is like having a piece of the community taken away.

shanus

Smash Hero
:-( good luck, hopefully we will see you at Brawl if you have enough time!

GamerGuitarist7

Smash Champion
bronson, i heard you're a really cool guy so i'd like to talk to you on AIM if that's cool with you man

good luck with everything, your falco was amazing and brought uber technical to every other falco player's style. god bless

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
If anyone wants to talk with me

My AIM is Ishimaru Shun.

My Myspace is myspace.com/bronson_saved

And thanks for all the nice comments guys.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
hate to see ya quit shiz...but I can't think of a better reason to do so. Good stuff all around...I added you on AIM btw.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
I think it's an awfull to see you leave, you made real nice videos.

Believe in something, is by the defenition of the word itself, not a certainty, even if the believe, or faith, is really really strong. I think it's a shame that you just state your vision like ultimate truth. I can respect the love and believe in God. Please don't make it a matter of fact.

For the record: I don't think an explosion excludes god.

Good luck with all you have to pick up and God, too. I hope your believes are satisfactory and make you happy.

Linguini

Smash Master
Broooonsooooon, dude we had some good times OOS this past summer. Hope all goes well in life for you and dont hesitate to randomly show up at tournaments!
Cyazzz

Darkmusician

Smash Master
Omg Shiz! I love your Falco! I hope you will comeback for Brawl! You are an inspiration for all the Falcos in Hawaii. Good luck to you. I will miss your amazing play.

DaShizWiz

Smash Champion
Thanks guys for the positive feedback. And yeah most likely I'm coming back for Brawl. I have 35$ reserved on it :chuckle:.

Jacob, thanks for the positive comment. But what I believe is fact. And thats the way I wanted to post it.

If you have anything further you want to say that doesn't have to do with me retiring and is about trying to tell me I don't have facts/proof/whatever the case may be. Please don't post it. Because I do have facts/proof/whatever you want.

But if you want some answers. Just read the Bible. Or hit me up on AIM. Cause I don't want to change the topic of this thread.

jacobrhcp

Smash Apprentice
I don't have AIM and read only small parts of the Bible, but I might take you up some time.

Best of luck to you,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom