• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brewin up some Brawl | Markham, Ontario, Canada | May 1st, 2010

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Free donuts? I gonna try and come to this, if I can get my bro to drive me or something.
I'll put u as a maybe, does this mean ur bro is coming also and will participate?

Niagara is most likely coming. We keep talking about it as if we're going but yeah probly
I'll put you, tippr, and raidos as maybe's (anyone else i should add to this list?)

Im coming for some serious RPS matches.
see, nobody should doubt RPS, it will be a hype event, and for only 1$, everyone who reaches the venue should join.

Fashoomp

Smash Cadet
Alrighty, I'm in for this. I can bring a Wii setup, and a TV (with power bar). I'll also bring along a copy of melee for friendlies just in case.

I DO NOT have a sensor bar, so I will need to borrow one just to start the game.

I have homebrew on my Wii, but no SD card with brawl+ or homebrew settings on it. If someone wants to bring along their SD card, I have no problems with them using my Wii for it.

Tin Man

Smash Hero
Alrighty guys, we are in the inning stretch. This event is only 1 week away so finalize your last minute practicing, and make sure your ready to give it your all in every event.

Now there are a couple of thins in terms of organization for this event that I must clear up.

#1. I urge that each and every one of you confirm your attendance. The sooner, the better. Currently we have a potential 60+ entrants, however only 40 ppl have actually confirmed, meaning that 20 ppl are up in the air :/.

confirming you attendance will allow you to be eligiable for a free donut/coffee! After confirming your attendance, all you would have to do on the day of is pay your venue fee and enter 1 event that isnt rps

#2. It would be very nice if everyone could participate in multiple events. Participating in every event (Brawl singles & doubles, Brawl+ singles & doubles, rps) will also allow you to receive a free donut/coffee!

#3. Setups are very important. This isn't a company made to host tourneys, and the venue wasn't made to support this cause. The help of the community is necessary! We can all show up ready to play, but with nothing to play on :/.

I urge each and everyone of you to bring some equipment. Please confirm your Wiis and Brawls. Also please confirm you TV's. Maybes are nice but at the end of they day, maybe's are not confirms so we can't rely on them to much. Confirming your TV's will allow you to receive a free donut/coffee.

#4. One of the TV's that have been confirmed require a VCR with a COAX cable. A COAX cable looks like this:

The Wii will connect to the VCR (via red-white-yellow inputs), and the VCR will connect to the TV (via COAX cable). The people who bring this will receive a free donut/coffee.

NOTE: ONLY A MAXIMUM OF 2 FREE DONUTS/COFFEES ARE ALLOWED PER PERSON, THE REST MUST BE BOUGHT

Alright guys, please help out, and we can make this event the best tourney of the year (so far :p)

Mariouch

Smash Rookie
Hey Tin Man, it's Mario, u can set me as a maybe for the tourney, thnx buddy. Good luck on your exams btw!
- Mario

WaveofShadow

Smash Rookie
Alright put me down as a maybe for Brawl/TV. I'll do what I can.

As for Brawl+, I wish I could sign up for that as well as regular, but I've never played it before. At least with vBrawl some part of me still feels like I have a chance not to be kicked out first round.

At least this'll be a good place for me to try Brawl+ for this first time.

Also I hear some of you guys used to play at York?
Wish I had known about this stuff while I was still there.

F1ZZ

Smash Lord
Alright put me down as a maybe for Brawl/TV. I'll do what I can.

As for Brawl+, I wish I could sign up for that as well as regular, but I've never played it before. At least with vBrawl some part of me still feels like I have a chance not to be kicked out first round.

At least this'll be a good place for me to try Brawl+ for this first time.

Also I hear some of you guys used to play at York?
Wish I had known about this stuff while I was still there.
Play Brawl+.

Iliad

Smash Lord
lol... You're running the business while the tourney is running too?

worst idea ever.

Unless your customers enjoy hearing vulgar screaming, racial slurs, and technically gay-hate speech while they buy their coffee and donuts.

Fashoomp

Smash Cadet
lol... You're running the business while the tourney is running too?

worst idea ever.

Unless your customers enjoy hearing vulgar screaming, racial slurs, and technically gay-hate speech while they buy their coffee and donuts.
lmao. we're gonna scare away their business.

I'm super stoked for this tourney btw. Also tin man, put me down for TV and Wii setups on the main post, and also, someone let me know if they're willing to bring an SD card with B+ on it.

asian_alvin

Smash Cadet

I'm super stoked for this tourney btw. Also tin man, put me down for TV and Wii setups on the main post, and also, someone let me know if they're willing to bring an SD card with B+ on it.
not much business on saturdays anyway, but still a small concern of mine, them having enough space. i have some strategies to deal with this problem, just not enough time to make preparations right now with exams.

Rikana

Smash Champion

Yesss alex. Haven't seen you in the longest time. Its ray.

nvm

Smash Apprentice
if Quebec comes by bus, can anyone house/ride us ? (it's a maybe.. still thinking about it)

Archmage_flash

Smash Rookie
I am maybe coming. I couldn't find what time to be there at on the first post, could anyone tell me?

Rikana

Smash Champion
Offtopic: Does anyone have DS or DSi that need a new flashcart? I have a limited quantity of AceKard 2i left (compatible with all DS models including DSi). A website that sells it online at the best price recently got forced to take it down so I bought a few before it happened. $30 each if anyone's interested. Best compatibility and no problems playing games with AKAIO firmware.

Back on topic. I'll most likely be able to come. I'll bring a GC + Melee.

ShiFu

Smash Cadet
Does anyone have room in their car for some sauga people? Otherwise Hype, Fool and I probably cannot make it. :(

Top Bottom