• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Breaking the Ice - Ice Climbers DLC Discussion Thread - Under New Ownership!

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I'm curious, are you really expecting that? I'm not criticizing you! (I couldn't find a way to ask without sounding snarky) I mean, I love Sector Z as a stage and it would be quite remarkable with 8-player smash and being connected to Wolf would be fab! Is it possible?

I'm actually going for a Business Marketing degree!
It was just a suggestion, though it would be cool to have a Wolf + Sector Z bundle.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
It was just a suggestion, though it would be cool to have a Wolf + Sector Z bundle.
OH! I thought you were expecting the "secret" stage next to Mario Maker to be Sector Z. I mean why hide the level if they're revealing Mario Maker? Unless if it was connected to some character or something like that
To get back on thread topic, recently bought Ice Climber on 3DS. It's rather fun! Though I always get too greedy on the bonus levels and end up falling.

FunAtParties

PM me ur character ideas girl
NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Just wondering.

Say, the ballot ends in 16 days. Are you guys here going to do anything for the countdown?
I got important stuff to do that whole week, so no. At best I'll probably sneak away to try and catch the inevitable direct during that time, but I'll probably just recap it all later.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Just wondering.

Say, the ballot ends in 16 days. Are you guys here going to do anything for the countdown?
Well I'm gonna hype for September 30th first, cause I feel like Mario Maker will not be alone, perhaps accompanied by a stage and maybe one last veteran character before announcing the ballot selections. But if you're talking something along the lines of partying, then nah, I'm just gonna scream once new characters are announced. Whether it be of hate or out of joy depends on which character--Wolf, Snake, and the Icies are among those I REALLY want, I'm open to anyone else though--there's only a few I DON'T want.

Furret24

Smash Master
Well I'm gonna hype for September 30th first, cause I feel like Mario Maker will not be alone, perhaps accompanied by a stage and maybe one last veteran character before announcing the ballot selections. But if you're talking something along the lines of partying, then nah, I'm just gonna scream once new characters are announced. Whether it be of hate or out of joy depends on which character--Wolf, Snake, and the Icies are among those I REALLY want, I'm open to anyone else though--there's only a few I DON'T want.
I don't expect much out of September 30, since they'll likely save the big stuff for after the ballot.

Out of curiosity, who do you not want to see make it? Outside of another Mother rep, I can't really think of any character I'd really be against getting in.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I don't expect much out of September 30, since they'll likely save the big stuff for after the ballot.

Out of curiosity, who do you not want to see make it? Outside of another Mother rep, I can't really think of any character I'd really be against getting in.
I am not a fan of Daisy and Waluigi. They're ones I am against. Yes, the Mario series has a lot of reps, but I actually don't mind that, as long as they are unique. I go on the opinion that they are major spin-off characters and in a Mario-themed game, their inclusion is fine. But in Smash Bros, I would rather have other characters that are more unique--yes, I don't believe Daisy and Waluigi are unique enough to merit an inclusion in Smash and I feel Sakurai is the same way. But that's only my muffin & bread, what are your thoughts?

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I'll throw my hat in the ring on this. The only characters I'd truly hate to see make it are more Marios, Links, Zeldas, Samus', or any other repetitive characters anyone wants added. We have so many universes to explore, and yet we stick with the same group of characters over and over again, just no. Snake would also be very anti-hype for me, I never felt he suited Smash and was relieved when they outed him. Not that it bothers me anymore, but I'm still not a fan

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
I'll throw my hat in the ring on this. The only characters I'd truly hate to see make it are more Marios, Links, Zeldas, Samus', or any other repetitive characters anyone wants added. We have so many universes to explore, and yet we stick with the same group of characters over and over again, just no. Snake would also be very anti-hype for me, I never felt he suited Smash and was relieved when they outed him. Not that it bothers me anymore, but I'm still not a fan
Well I gotta admit, a little bit of hypocrisy on my part as I support Wolf XD Though if it's any consolation, I will not be rooting for Dark Pit or Lucina in the next Smash. I also support Snake, so this is incredibly awkward

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Well I gotta admit, a little bit of hypocrisy on my part as I support Wolf XD Though if it's any consolation, I will not be rooting for Dark Pit or Lucina in the next Smash. I also support Snake, so this is incredibly awkward
Wolf isn't hypocritical. He's a completely different character, and the majority of his kit is different too.

I knew Snake would bother you lol. No offense or anything, just not what I want to see.

AnonymousMoon

Smash Lord
NNID
AnonynousMoon
3DS FC
0791-2743-3698
Wolf isn't hypocritical. He's a completely different character, and the majority of his kit is different too.

I knew Snake would bother you lol. No offense or anything, just not what I want to see.
Honestly man, I just don't want a reason (Roster-wise) to play the other Smash Bros. or at least as less of a reason as I can get. I can deal with Young Link and Pichu being gone, but It's tragic that Ice Climbers could not get in, further preventing the Roster perfect smash bros. I honestly think Wolf is 100% likely and Snake about 7% likely. And hey, none taken, to each their own :bee:

Last edited:

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I am not a fan of Daisy and Waluigi. They're ones I am against. Yes, the Mario series has a lot of reps, but I actually don't mind that, as long as they are unique. I go on the opinion that they are major spin-off characters and in a Mario-themed game, their inclusion is fine. But in Smash Bros, I would rather have other characters that are more unique--yes, I don't believe Daisy and Waluigi are unique enough to merit an inclusion in Smash and I feel Sakurai is the same way. But that's only my muffin & bread, what are your thoughts?
I take it you haven't seen the Waluigi mod by Marioking64DS.
Check it out, https://www.youtube.com/user/marioking64DS its coming along nicely, and maybe this guy could hack in the Ice Climbers.

Furret24

Smash Master
Depending on what you mean by this, this could be hypocritical. For me, I see Falco and Wolf as "more Foxes", just with things added to make them different.

I say all veterans should come back, no exceptions. It probably doesn't feel good to have your main cut, you guys should know.

With that said, there are some vets I don't really like, and only want to see come back because of that rule line thingy I stand by. Those being Young Link, Ice Climbers, and Snake. If this upsets anyone, I apologize in advance.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Depending on what you mean by this, this could be hypocritical. For me, I see Falco and Wolf as "more Foxes", just with things added to make them different.
It's not hypocritical at all. Wolf=/= Fox as an actual character. That's what I meant. Whereas Young Link is Link, Tetra is Zelda, Paper Mario is Mario, Wario Land Wario is Wario, etc... I want Wolf back, if he has a clone kit (which he doesn't) so be it, but he's an original character on his own and I love him.

I say all veterans should come back, no exceptions. It probably doesn't feel good to have your main cut, you guys should know.

With that said, there are some vets I don't really like, and only want to see come back because of that rule line thingy I stand by. Those being Young Link, Ice Climbers, and Snake. If this upsets anyone, I apologize in advance.
And I disagree. I know it's not a popular opinion, and I really don't care, Pichu, Young Link, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake all don't have a place in Smash in my eyes. If I was to go into potential cuts on the current roster, this list would be much, much longer. I know it doesn't feel good to get your main cut, but as someone who's had to deal with that for the last 2 games I really don't care. A lot of characters are boring, repetitive, and just plain out of place; if I had the reigns the roster would look plenty different. (inb4 well I'm glad you're not in charge of making the game then)

Last edited:

swordofacorn

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Swordofacorn
3DS FC
0216-0878-5036
It's not hypocritical at all. Wolf=/= Fox as an actual character. That's what I meant. Whereas Young Link is Link, Tetra is Zelda, Paper Mario is Mario, Wario Land Wario is Wario, etc... I want Wolf back, if he has a clone kit (which he doesn't) so be it, but he's an original character on his own and I love him.

And I disagree. I know it's not a popular opinion, and I really don't care, Pichu, Young Link, Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Snake all don't have a place in Smash in my eyes. If I was to go into potential cuts on the current roster, this list would be much, much longer. I know it doesn't feel good to get your main cut, but as someone who's had to deal with that for the last 2 games I really don't care. A lot of characters are boring, repetitive, and just plain out of place; if I had the reigns the roster would look plenty different. (inb4 well I'm glad you're not in charge of making the game then)
I largely disagree with you, personally I really like the current roster and would like if all characters came back (some like young link need major decloning though) but hey, different stokes to different folks

Last edited:

RodNutTakin

Smash Ace
Well, 15 days left. I'd advise anyone who hasn't cast a vote for the duo yet should do so now.

Also I hope that after the ballot results Sakurai just doesn't immediately go all "That's it, no more new Smash 4 content" on the fanbase. I'm not saying he should work to the bone to include every single character the fanbase wants, but I think the Smash team should still produce the occasional character/stage DLC, until a fifth Smash is announced.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820

Zesty I thought we were cool? I shall hurt you for saying my beloved Squirtle should not come back.

It's ok, I do agree with your post about how there is so much more to explore that it shouldn't be limited to just pokemon and Mario. Although I do think that it isn't all that bad if we do have more. Squirtle was so very unique and fun to play as was the others you mentioned besides Pichu and YL but those can both be decloned and made with a good moveset that compliments their game.

The bold is true but I still would like to see YL oddly enough.

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
Just wondering.

Depends if a Direct is announced or not. I don't expect there to be a formal announcement and I think it's just going to end quietly. Despite this, I think more DLC characters will be announced within the next couple of weeks.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I largely disagree with you, personally I really like the current roster and would like if all characters came back (some like young link need major decloning though) but hey, different stokes to different folks
Exactly. We all don't have to like the same things. All I was trying to say was that I'll never support the inclusion of a true clone, especially as DLC.
Well, 15 days left. I'd advise anyone who hasn't cast a vote for the duo yet should do so now.

Also I hope that after the ballot results Sakurai just doesn't immediately go all "That's it, no more new Smash 4 content" on the fanbase. I'm not saying he should work to the bone to include every single character the fanbase wants, but I think the Smash team should still produce the occasional character/stage DLC, until a fifth Smash is announced.
As much as I want more stuff, the guy needs a break. I wouldn't mind hi quitting cold turkey after all this ballot stuff is finished. I just hope that he gives out some much needed buffs before he does.

Zesty I thought we were cool? I shall hurt you for saying my beloved Squirtle should not come back.

It's ok, I do agree with your post about how there is so much more to explore that it shouldn't be limited to just pokemon and Mario. Although I do think that it isn't all that bad if we do have more. Squirtle was so very unique and fun to play as was the others you mentioned besides Pichu and YL but those can both be decloned and made with a good moveset that compliments their game.

The bold is true but I still would like to see YL oddly enough.
It's fine that you want these characters back, I just don't see the point.

Squirtle is one of my favorite Pokemon, but with Greninja in I don't see the point. I'd much rather add a grass-type after that, and I think Sceptile is the best choice for that slot and not Ivysaur, which is why I said what I said.

Pichu follows it's depiction in Pokemon closely, and changing him to work would ruin that. Seeing that he doesn't do much different than Pikachu by nature, I'd rather not bring him back as there is much of a point.

Young Link obviously has potential, especially if they implemented masks into his move set. I just don't see why, with characters like Midna, Impa, Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Vaati, Lana, Darunia, Zant, Fi, etc... we have to keep adding more of the same characters over and over again. In my opinion, one Link/Zelda/Ganondorf is fine, let's address the rest of the series.

Clock Tower Prison

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5215-3120-4820
Young Link obviously has potential, especially if they implemented masks into his move set. I just don't see why, with characters like Midna, Impa, Skull Kid, Ghirahim, Vaati, Lana, Darunia, Zant, Fi, etc... we have to keep adding more of the same characters over and over again. In my opinion, one Link/Zelda/Ganondorf is fine, let's address the rest of the series.
OMG yes yes!

Furret24

Smash Master
Exactly. We all don't have to like the same things. All I was trying to say was that I'll never support the inclusion of a true clone, especially as DLC.

As much as I want more stuff, the guy needs a break. I wouldn't mind hi quitting cold turkey after all this ballot stuff is finished. I just hope that he gives out some much needed buffs before he does.

It's fine that you want these characters back, I just don't see the point.

Squirtle is one of my favorite Pokemon, but with Greninja in I don't see the point. I'd much rather add a grass-type after that, and I think Sceptile is the best choice for that slot and not Ivysaur, which is why I said what I said.

Pichu follows it's depiction in Pokemon closely, and changing him to work would ruin that. Seeing that he doesn't do much different than Pikachu by nature, I'd rather not bring him back as there is much of a point.

I can see where you come from on Pichu and Young Link (Though I'd disagree since they had people who played as them), but Squirtle is much different from Greninja outside of them being water types. Same goes for Ivysaur and Sceptile.

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I can see where you come from on Pichu and Young Link (Though I'd disagree since they had people who played as them), but Squirtle is much different from Greninja outside of them being water types. Same goes for Ivysaur and Sceptile.
Pokemon is overrepped as it is, no need for 9 characters from any one series. I'd stick with one of each starter type, and the icons, that's it. Once again just an opinion, that's just how I feel.

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
Wow I thought the ballot was gonna end mid-october. So the end is, like, barely two weeks away now? Insane. But I just know we're not gonna get much news on the ballot once it ends. Probably not even till 2016 lol. Unless they drop the ball and let data miners get info on the game and stuff. I hope they tease us with something though? idk

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
Wow I thought the ballot was gonna end mid-october. So the end is, like, barely two weeks away now? Insane. But I just know we're not gonna get much news on the ballot once it ends. Probably not even till 2016 lol. Unless they drop the ball and let data miners get info on the game and stuff. I hope they tease us with something though? idk
I don't think it'll go down like that.

My prediction is they'll announce a direct next Thursday and have it on Friday. In it, they'll drop more details on the new Mario Maker stage first, and sneak in a character reveal right after; rinse and repeatx2 (two more new stages and new characters correlating to said stages). My guesses are Mario Maker/Paper Mario, Summit/Ice Climbers (yeah boi!) and Sector Z/Wolf all with late October release dates. Then a short reminder that the character ballot is ending soon, so don't forget to vote, maybe even a reveal of the current results to really put on the pressure lol (not like I'll be feeling any of it:popo::wolf:).

The rest of the direct will be about Amiibos, AC spinoff crap, Mario Maker stuff, maybe more MK8 and/or Splatoon DLC, possibly some Pikmin 4 stuff, and if they really wanna make an impact with this direct a new LoZ trailer.

Furret24

Smash Master
Pokemon is overrepped as it is, no need for 9 characters from any one series. I'd stick with one of each starter type, and the icons, that's it. Once again just an opinion, that's just how I feel.
IMO, Pokemon is not overrepped, considering how many characters it has that could be unique and due to each of it's current reps being completely unique from eachother. If you want overrepped, look at Fire Emblem and...well, that's really the only series I feel is overrepped as of now (Mario, Zelda, and Mother are close though).

Flor@

Smash Apprentice
I don't think it'll go down like that.

My prediction is they'll announce a direct next Thursday and have it on Friday. In it, they'll drop more details on the new Mario Maker stage first, and sneak in a character reveal right after; rinse and repeatx2 (two more new stages and new characters correlating to said stages). My guesses are Mario Maker/Paper Mario, Summit/Ice Climbers (yeah boi!) and Sector Z/Wolf all with late October release dates. Then a short reminder that the character ballot is ending soon, so don't forget to vote, maybe even a reveal of the current results to really put on the pressure lol (not like I'll be feeling any of it:popo::wolf:).

The rest of the direct will be about Amiibos, AC spinoff crap, Mario Maker stuff, maybe more MK8 and/or Splatoon DLC, possibly some Pikmin 4 stuff, and if they really wanna make an impact with this direct a new LoZ trailer.
heheh, we can certainly dream! Tho honestly I'd feel somehow slightly let down even if we got ICs, Wolf, and Paper Mario. Probably because I'm not much of a fan of it. I mean, okay, replace pmario with K Rool, an obviously popular choice. I... I want a left field addition honestly. Something nobody's expecting, like at all, but would be great to see as part of the meta. Perhaps Captain Rainbow or Wonder Red. I just feel like Smash 4 needs more character. As in personality. (shoulda oughta put more subspace emissary)

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
IMO, Pokemon is not overrepped, considering how many characters it has that could be unique and due to each of it's current reps being completely unique from eachother. If you want overrepped, look at Fire Emblem and...well, that's really the only series I feel is overrepped as of now (Mario, Zelda, and Mother are close though).
Fire Emblem has a ton of characters that could be unique and bring something new to the series. I don't necessarily want more though, but seriously that series is teeming with potential candidates. I know Pokemon has a lot of characters in the same sense, but I don't think any series (Pokemon, Mario, Fire Emblem, LoZ, whatever) should have more than 6 reps personally ( I know Mario already passed that, but whatever I stand by it), at least not until they address the other big characters that have yet to make it.

heheh, we can certainly dream! Tho honestly I'd feel somehow slightly let down even if we got ICs, Wolf, and Paper Mario. Probably because I'm not much of a fan of it. I mean, okay, replace pmario with K Rool, an obviously popular choice. I... I want a left field addition honestly. Something nobody's expecting, like at all, but would be great to see as part of the meta. Perhaps Captain Rainbow or Wonder Red. I just feel like Smash 4 needs more character. As in personality. (shoulda oughta put more subspace emissary)
I actually had a dream recently that Sukapon got revealed. Thought it was so cool. Really hoping for something weird like that.

Marigi174

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Marigi174
3DS FC
3652-0615-5300
So the boards are back up.

Anyone know what the maintenance was for?

Last edited:

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I dunno how the full site looks right now, but the mobile device site got a total redo.

It also seems that I'm only able to view SmashBoards in three styles. Maybe you get more if you're a premium member or something???

Last edited:

Furret24

Smash Master
Fire Emblem has a ton of characters that could be unique and bring something new to the series. I don't necessarily want more though, but seriously that series is teeming with potential candidates. I know Pokemon has a lot of characters in the same sense, but I don't think any series (Pokemon, Mario, Fire Emblem, LoZ, whatever) should have more than 6 reps personally ( I know Mario already passed that, but whatever I stand by it), at least not until they address the other big characters that have yet to make it.
Well, I know next to nothing about Feel while being a big fan of Pokemon. I guess I've got a bit of bias there.

If that's what you think though, I won't dislike you for it. I've gotten tired of responding to this, so how about we get back to talking about the characters this thread is supporting.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
Thank goodness the computer version wasn't changed much. Mobile site is now horrible though.

I need to try to maximize my votes for ICies in these last few weeks of the Ballot... There's a lot of stuff going on recently, and I've been trying to catch up...

Furret24

Smash Master
Thank goodness the computer version wasn't changed much. Mobile site is now horrible though.

I need to try to maximize my votes for ICies in these last few weeks of the Ballot... There's a lot of stuff going on recently, and I've been trying to catch up...
I for one love this new update. Quoting people is much faster and everything is more organized.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I for one love this new update. Quoting people is much faster and everything is more organized.
Oh no, the update is fine. But the ways they changed the mobile site are just bad. Navigation is all screwy, the look of it doesn't say anything to me, etc.. But the computer site is absolutely great.

Furret24

Smash Master
Oh no, the update is fine. But the ways they changed the mobile site are just bad. Navigation is all screwy, the look of it doesn't say anything to me, etc.. But the computer site is absolutely great.
I meant mobile...I even made that post via my phone.

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
I still don't like it much, but everyone has their opinions.

So...Ice Climbers...let's get back to them...

FunAtParties

NNID
ZestyÑ
Switch FC
SW-8404-4905-2993
I still don't like it much, but everyone has their opinions.

So...Ice Climbers...let's get back to them...
Yeah sure, so uh... the Ice Climbers want to know how this multi quote thing works...Anyone wanna help em out?

ROBnWatch

Smash Champion
NNID
ROBnWatch
Switch FC
SW 2518 9259 3787
R.O.B.'s analytical processors indicate that the new "Multi-Quote" feature allows you to quote more than one entry at a time using the "Insert Quotes..." option under the text box area to post. Like so...

Yeah sure, so uh... the Ice Climbers want to know how this multi quote thing works...Anyone wanna help em out?
Mr. Game and Watch would love to know too. Beep.
Basically, it's a feature to use without having to hit the reply button, though you can rearrange the quotes in any order you want. It also allows you to easily quote something from one thread and carry it over to another. However, you must hit the "Quote" button at the bottom of a post before it can show up in the "Insert Quotes..." menu. If you have no quotes selected, the "Insert Quotes..." option will not appear.

Last edited:
Top Bottom