• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlScape v0.06 - *SSE stages added*

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Yeah, but that's mainly what's in the ISO, if you try to get them hand by hand, you're going to spend forever downloading them. AETHER way it's a lose lose scenario

Kryal

Smash Ace
What files do I need to run this thing properly??
Can you go into specifics??
Illinialex24 has a post with the files:
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=238697

You can also get them from the game disc. It may be easier to extract all the files from the disc and then delete the movie folder. Sure, it will take longer, but you don't have to do anything. Just wait 10-15 minutes while it extracts.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
can some one help me i can't figure out how to replace stage textures?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Seriously? I only needed those files? At least I don't have to spend forever downloading an entire ISO.
Hurry, start downloading now. I'm already at 24.3% :D. Oh and its only been running for over 14 hrs. Not too mention I have 20kbmps D/L speed. Nothing to scoff at.

Kryal

Smash Ace
can some one help me i can't figure out how to replace stage textures?
Select the stage icon at the top, and then select an object on the left. The scene is usually the first or second item on the list, and sometimes ends with 'stage'. You will then have a list of textures for that object on the right. Right-click a texture to open the context menu.

You will also need to have all the stage files in a folder called 'stage\melee'.

poklin

Smash Apprentice
well right clicking on any of them only allows me to replace with a png file stage textures are pcs files right? and also which one would you replace when i click on the one with stage at the end a bunch on the right come up.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
well right clicking on any of them only allows me to replace with a png file
yes, this is to replace the textures not the whole stage file

stage textures are pcs files right?
no the textures are pictures that cover the model of the stage

and also which one would you replace when i click on the one with stage at the end a bunch on the right come up.
all the pictures on the rite make up the stage ,so, replace the 1's you want to get your desired effects, since you are only realy 'SKINNING' the stage with this
i hope this helps a bit and i didnt misunderstand you

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
thanks a bunch on this model previewer part, kryal. working on the tga and continuously going back to this to check if it works is much better than needing to go back and forth to the wii and back.

Is it possible to view each piece of the texture individually? I'm currently working on a metaknight and i don't want to see his uptaunt twisty cape in the middle of his body on brawlscape, is it possible to make it temporarily invisible?

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice

Nerd With An Afro

Smash Journeyman
@ ASF1link

That means that you either inported a bad CSP or didnt index it... i figured that out the hard way, though then i realized it was only the Common5.pac, so dont delete everything.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Never mind with that I just deleted my project folder.
But now Brawl freezes when entering the select character screen...

<_<
If the CSS is freezing on load, try reducing the number of colors in your CSPs. This happens when the compressed files get too big. I'm not sure exactly why yet.

STUFF2o

Smash Ace
I have a Fighter folder, but only with the original default costumes (.pac's, not .pcs's), the emerald textures, Fighter.pac's, FS textures, and the effect textures. Do I need more for this to work?

shukakusand

Smash Rookie
Whenever I preview Samus, it shows her spc(black and white) textures but not her actual textures so could you get that fixed?

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
So you still have to make CSPs the same gay? with the magneta and all?? because my CSPs show the white I thought you wouldn't have to do the magneta part it was annoying part. <.<

Also my CSPs wont show on the CSS only in the results screen and that where I can see the white.
Only the ones added with BrawlScape won't show the older ones show fine.

Kryal

Smash Ace
So you still have to make CSPs the same gay? with the magneta and all?? because my CSPs show the white I thought you wouldn't have to do the magneta part it was annoying part. <.<

Also my CSPs wont show on the CSS only in the results screen and that where I can see the white.
Only the ones added with BrawlScape won't show the older ones show fine.
No, just reduce the amount of colors. You can run the texture through the color indexer in photoshop and set the number of colors lower.

All you need is for the background to be transparent. White or magenta will show up as they are. The way it displays in your imaging programs is the way it will display in the game.

If you ever run across a situation where a file worked before editing with BScape, please send me both files. I can analyze them and it helps make the program better!

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
No, just reduce the amount of colors. You can run the texture through the color indexer in photoshop and set the number of colors lower.

All you need is for the background to be transparent. White or magenta will show up as they are. The way it displays in your imaging programs is the way it will display in the game.

If you ever run across a situation where a file worked before editing with BScape, please send me both files. I can analyze them and it helps make the program better!
Well index all CSPs at 50 colors Transparent background and saved them as .tga
and they still won't show in the CSS only in the results screen and they show white around them.

Problems? just the first one I had where the characters wouldn't show in BrawScape, it happened after I tried to save the project... it gave me an error and when I loaded BrawlScape again characters wouldn't show, so I just got all the ISO files and re-downloaded my pf folder and now characters show fine and no errors while saving.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
Does this work for Mac at all?

And exactly which files do I need for this to work?
not at the moment I don't believe.

You basically need to extract partition 2 of the brawl iso. (Delete the movies and you basically have 3 GB of stuff... better than the 8 GB iso)

..nice bassoon in your avatar :)

ASF1nk

Smash Apprentice
Never mind my problem :p
I just had to use .pngs instead of .tgas and I forgot to copy the common5.pac file to my SD card.
One question though, will i have to use .pngs for the textures themselves too? and the need for megneta is removed from the textures as well?

Program works wonders now! thanks.

Kryal

Smash Ace
New version.
Added SSE stages.
You can turn on/off polygons.
Change background color.
Model/All texture list
GBowser/Alloys/Warioman
Extra Melee stages

Kryal

Smash Ace
Samus still needs her texture fixed, it's still running of the wrong image...
Not the wrong image, just the first texture layer. Materials aren't very straightforward, so I could only get the first layer drawn for now.

shadowtroop

Smash Ace
SSE Stages?

Could it be possible to save an SSE Stage and a normally compressed stage?

And play on them?

Someone get TELB...

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
New version.
Added SSE stages.
You can turn on/off polygons.
Change background color.
Model/All texture list
GBowser/Alloys/Warioman
Extra Melee stages
Very very nice. Each release I just keep getting more and more excited. Really, the work you're doing is just amazing. It makes downloading an ISO worth the time. I mean I really appreciate it.

smashmaniac2008

Smash Journeyman
this is getting better and better. can't wait for v0.07 hell i can't wait for 1.0 gold version which is coming out in what 5-6 months? anyways yeah. I <3 brawl scape best texturing utensil in the universe.

A17

Smash Ace
NNID
Okrapaeli
the ability to view specific textures without another in the way is great. i can see transparent objects and not see it filled in with black.

my only problem with it so far is that it runs a little slow for me, ram consumption from the sound of my computer.

Top Bottom