• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

BrawlScape v0.06 - *SSE stages added*

pokelover980

Smash Ace
Under the requirements you really need to put that you need the entire Brawl partition, because I downloaded and didn't realize you needed every **** file. I'm not waiting a month to get the freaking ISO, I'll stick with your SmashBox because I can actually use that :U

Sorry about sounding mean, but I'm NOT getting a going to download the ISO for a month just to use a simple program.

Dantarion

Smash Champion
If you have the disc and a wii with homebrew, you dont need an iso.

Just get the files through ftpii.
Or get the ISO through superdump.

NO ONE is forcing you to download anything, its your fault if the only method you can think of takes you a month.

Tiberious

Smash Journeyman
Alloy Models!!

You are the freakin' MAN! Got 'em extracted, and just need to work on getting the pieces I was looking for 'converted' for the format this other program uses.

As soon as I can do that, I'll have pictures up.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
great advancement! i love it!

Under the requirements you really need to put that you need the entire Brawl partition, because I downloaded and didn't realize you needed every **** file. I'm not waiting a month to get the freaking ISO, I'll stick with your SmashBox because I can actually use that :U

Sorry about sounding mean, but I'm NOT getting a going to download the ISO for a month just to use a simple program.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=8600212&postcount=3496

if you were not so lazy and skimmed over the topic you would have found this
might they be here?

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b...e6ba49b5870170

this is a link to pretty much every file in brawl.

EDIT: Yes, they are there, I just checked.

I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND BOOKMARKING THAT
there your download sped and your effort is now all that matters not you whinning about other slow uploadspeed.
not to mention you just sound pissy and why bother posting... like we need to hear your crap attitude

Kryal

Smash Ace

You don't NEED every file. Just point the program to your SD card, and it will use files you already have. Use direct mode.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
how do you get the display so pretty?
my display is like this: http://img194.imageshack.us/img194/8415/afbeelding3zg.png
picture to big for post...
can anyone help me with this?
Looks like either you don't have the right files... or your common5.pac in the system folder corrupted. Happened to me... :\ Just delete the common5.pac and redo all of your CSP's. Sucks but it only took me about 5 minutes to redo it all because I already had all the PNGs organized. Edit: NVM listen to Kryal, your problem is probably waaay different than mine.

Also, downloading brawl ISO only took me like 3 days. I don't get what the big deal is. Just leave your computer on and let it download. Meanwhile you can do whatever you want to on your computer. It didn't slow me down at all. I ran a 500k-700k+ memory hog application while downloading it and it was just as fast as ever. And my I have a sucky 1.9 Ghz processor, and nothing much else to brag about. I guess I got a fast DL speed but not that fast.

Oh and for me, it runs perfect (BrawlScape). Because I've never had to wait over a second for it to do something except maybe save to SD. Well also I had the Common5 file corrupt, but I have no idea why that happened, its probably unrelated. It worked this morning, I played some brawl with it. Then I took it out, put it back in my computer, went to school, came back, and when I tried to load brawl again it froze at Character Select Screen. So I loaded up BrawlScape and my screen looked exactly like ZeroLucias'. So all I did was delete the file and start over and it was fine. This time I saved a backup copy of it on my desktop...

Kryal

Smash Ace
If you've followed my previous posts, you don't need the ISO. Trucha can grab files directly from the disc. However, DON'T ASK HOW, use google.

Look here. First link.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w342/markehmus/dsplay.png[img]
i can assure you its not my hardware or settings. as its the same across my 3 PC's that i try it on.

maybe i am using the wrong words though.

its a texture that moves across the model when the model is in motion. and when i move the model faster it appears to flash but its just moving across the model and disappearing when moved slow.
[color=red]look at the teeth and how the 'skin' is not over them ,1ts pic
when i slightly tilt the model down ..the 'skin' moves across the teeth,2ndpic
when in faster motion it apears to 'flash across the teeth[/color]
with some characters its worse then others.... but my screen doesnt flash no the program just parts of the models bodies change color very fast appearing to flash.

never any 'flashing' at a stand still...if you can even realy call that a flash.
[color=green] note the teeth do show, but color of black does show up against the black background[/color]
[img]http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w342/markehmus/diddy1.png[img]
[img]http://i522.photobucket.com/albums/w342/markehmus/diddy2.png[img][/QUOTE]

[color=red]looks like i gotta eat my words seems all my crap is intel so i can assure you you must be rite[/color]

[quote="Mario_and_Sonic_Guy, post: 8602841"][FONT="Verdana"][SIZE="2"]Yeah I don't see myself relying on BrawlScape very much. Besides, it's not compatible with the Subspace Emissary textures.[/SIZE][/FONT][/QUOTE]

seems like it is now,kryal must take pitty on some people.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I know I don't need the ENTIRE ISO, but even when I directed it to my SD card it didn't work. I just got the ISO from a friend who was kind enough to dump it onto a Flash Drive for me, and I extracted the files I need. It works fine right now, so I won't really complain anymore.

Chaemelion

Smash Rookie
Point the program to the root of your project folder and it will find textures/files embedded inside. So, for instance: Mario's costume #2 is in 'fighter\mario\FitMario02.pac'. That path has to exist in your project folder as it would in the data folder. Same goes for common files, which need to be in the system directory.

Currently, it can't import whole costumes to the right location. That has to be done manually.
By "right locations", you mean on the SD card right? Cuz that's exactly what my program is designed to do. Also, I noticed a few unhandled exceptions... need a hand? And I assume you didnt finalize your project.

Pinutk

Smash Cadet
NICE!!! Do you think it may be able to do PSA's in the future? Maybe even open it up and have a lists of the attacks and it would have the character do that. Kinda hard to make I would think..

Kryal

Smash Ace
By "right locations", you mean on the SD card right? Cuz that's exactly what my program is designed to do. Also, I noticed a few unhandled exceptions... need a hand? And I assume you didnt finalize your project.
What program would that be?

If you find any exceptions, please report them so I can fix them. I haven't run into exceptions myself, and the program should be fairly stable. It's far from being complete, yes. But as far as functionality goes, it does what it's supposed to.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Marth's cape seems to have the texture applied incorrectly, will that be fixed in the next release?

Kryal

Smash Ace
Marth's cape seems to have the texture applied incorrectly, will that be fixed in the next release?
Yeah, I'm still working on it. I don't know if it will be next release, because these textures are a bit of a problem.

I'm busy rewriting some library code right now so more file types can be rebuilt. In the next few days you can expect a new version of SmashBox, followed by a few more BScape feaures.

Chaemelion

Smash Rookie
What program would that be?

If you find any exceptions, please report them so I can fix them. I haven't run into exceptions myself, and the program should be fairly stable. It's far from being complete, yes. But as far as functionality goes, it does what it's supposed to.
My program basically incorporated ASH, Stash Cupash, and and takes care of all the directories, file moving, and renaming by using a number system for the character. You can check it out here if you want: http://chaoscontroll.xtreemhost.com/?page_id=8
Come to think of it, you might be able to actually search for key characteristics of the file to automatically determine what character it is, like the first so many vertices of the model or something.
I forgot what I did exactly, but I believe I switched tabs without setting a project location. A simple check should suffice.

markehmus

Smash Apprentice
Yeah, I'm still working on it. I don't know if it will be next release, because these textures are a bit of a problem.

I'm busy rewriting some library code right now so more file types can be rebuilt. In the next few days you can expect a new version of SmashBox, followed by a few more BScape feaures.
wow looking forward to both programs being updated!

1Zero99Lucia5

Smash Cadet
would it be possible to make a music option? that u can just drag&drop mp3's into the program, and the programs convert them to brstm putting them in the correct folder with the correct name and everything? would help me allot, it's a pain in the *** to convert all the songs yourself

Alphatron

Smash Champion
I assume he means this exception.

Code:
See the end of this message for details on invoking 
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.TypeInitializationException: The type initializer for 'BrawlScape.CharacterDefinition' threw an exception. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: path1
   at System.IO.Path.Combine(String path1, String path2)
   at BrawlScape.Program.GetFilePath(String relativePath, Boolean findWorking, Boolean findBase)
   at BrawlScape.NodeReference.Initialize(String relativePath, String nodePath)
   at BrawlScape.NodeReference.Get[T](String relativePath, String nodePath)
   at BrawlScape.ResourceDefinition`1..ctor(String treePath, String nodePath)
   at BrawlScape.CharacterDefinition..ctor(String name, String fitName, Int32 index, Int32 costumeCount)
   at BrawlScape.CharacterDefinition..cctor()
   --- End of inner exception stack trace ---
   at BrawlScape.CharacterFrame.get_ListItems()
   at BrawlScape.ResourceList`1.OnSourceChanged(IListSource`1 source)
   at BrawlScape.ResourceList`1.set_CurrentSource(IListSource`1 value)
   at BrawlScape.CharacterFrame.CharacterFrame_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnLoad(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.UserControl.OnCreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl(Boolean fIgnoreVisible)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.CreateControl()
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.SetVisibleCore(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabPage.set_Visible(Boolean value)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.UpdateTabSelection(Boolean updateFocus)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WmSelChange()
   at System.Windows.Forms.TabControl.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
   at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
    Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3603 (GDR.050727-3600)
    CodeBase: file:///c:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
BrawlScape
    Assembly Version: 0.6.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.06.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Owner/My%20Documents/Texture%20Tools%20Period/Brawlscape%200.6/BrawlScape.exe
System.Windows.Forms
    Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.3053 (netfxsp.050727-3000)
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
    CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
BrawlLib
    Assembly Version: 0.4.0.0
    Win32 Version: 0.04.0.0
    CodeBase: file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/HP_Owner/My%20Documents/Texture%20Tools%20Period/Brawlscape%200.6/BrawlLib.DLL

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
    <system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
That's the one I get all the time anyway.

Giygue

Smash Journeyman
Yeah.. I downloaded this and after I set the directories, If I click on ANYTHING it crashes, with an error message similar to the one Alphatron posted.

Roxas M

Smash Master
can someone tell me what files i need to put in the data from the brawl iso? i already have the iso and what i need to get files off from it. i just need to know what files need to be in the data folder for brawlscape to run correctly.

rPSIvysaur

[ɑɹsaɪ]
Basically it depends on what you want to do. If you're doing just basic stuff you can get by with system\common5, system\common3 and the fighter folder. Eventually you will want the following folders: fighter, info, menu, stage, system.
This is the second time I quoted it.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
Ok, I've run into this problem 2 times now. (and its a very big hassle) So I get all my CSP's on the right textures and stuff. Load up brawl, all works fine. Next day, go to a tourney, bring my wii, all works fine, everything is in the right place. The NEXT day (yesterday in this instance) I try running brawl and the CSP's are not there. The picture at the results stage is there, but not at the character select portraits or in game. For some reason after time my common5.pac keeps corrupting. And it's not my SD card. I tried saving the file 2 places, because I have already experienced this problem. I saved it to SD card and to a folder on my desktop. Well, I tried replacing it with the file that has been on my computer since I generated it, and it yielded the same results as the other one. The 1st time it happened my game actually froze at the character select screen.

I would really appreciate some feedback. There really is no point in me organizing all my brawl texture/csp stuff if its all going to be erased in a few days anyway, forcing me to redo them.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Both folder paths must be filled in and valid. If you've used direct mode by pressing the 'Direct Mode' button, you may need to re-set your project folder (I just found this out).

Extract ALL the game files to your hard drive, and delete the movie folder. The reason for this is because as the program progresses, it will begin to use more and more files from different locations. I'm not going to change my answer with more releases, saying 'oh you need this file now'. Get them all, and be done.

Kryal

Smash Ace
Ok, I've run into this problem 2 times now. (and its a very big hassle) So I get all my CSP's on the right textures and stuff. Load up brawl, all works fine. Next day, go to a tourney, bring my wii, all works fine, everything is in the right place. The NEXT day (yesterday in this instance) I try running brawl and the CSP's are not there. The picture at the results stage is there, but not at the character select portraits or in game. For some reason after time my common5.pac keeps corrupting. And it's not my SD card. I tried saving the file 2 places, because I have already experienced this problem. I saved it to SD card and to a folder on my desktop. Well, I tried replacing it with the file that has been on my computer since I generated it, and it yielded the same results as the other one. The 1st time it happened my game actually froze at the character select screen.

I would really appreciate some feedback. There really is no point in me organizing all my brawl texture/csp stuff if its all going to be erased in a few days anyway, forcing me to redo them.
Wait, so the CSPs stop working regardless of whether or not you changed the files?
Do you have other SD codes running besides FileReplacer?

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
No no, alright, the first time (about a week ago) I started loading brawl with custom CSPs from brawlscape it worked fine. But, then after a day or so when I tried to start brawl again it froze at the character selection screen. So I removed the common5.pac and then retried, and it didn't freeze, only, I no longer had CSPs. Also, before I removed it I loaded up brawlscape to see if it worked there, but there none of my custom CSPS were on.

The second time it screwed up (this is after I replaced all my CSPS again with brawlscape), aprox 2 days after I replaced the files, it didn't freeze at the character selection screen, but the custom CSPs didn't show up and I just had the normal ones. I was running the exact same codes as the day before when it did work, and hadn't modified my SD card in any way. (my other file replacement stuff was working).

The first time the following codes were running on my sd card:

File patch code 3.5.1
Colored Shields
Unrestricted Pause Camera
Default Settings Standard (3 stock 8 min)

The second time, remember, these are both 2 different incidences, the first one worked fine, then froze my game, the second one, this one, worked, then stopped working, I was running these codes, however I doubt they make much of a difference:

File patch code 3.5.1
Colored Shields
Unrestricted Pause Camera
Default Settings Standard (3 stock 8 min)
CSS Fix (for custom CSS, I have the player slots in the 4 corners and characters in a collumn down the middle in tier list order)
Allow replays longer than 3 min (this one was new just because I finally deciced to put it on my "Tourney Viable" code list)

Once again, both code sets at one point ran everything fine, but then the common5.pac file seemed to corrupt over the course of about 2 days and then the freezing/not working occured.

stickman

Smash Apprentice
I'm pretty sure that it was said somewhere that you can't use a custom CSS screen (made with PW's program) with custom CSP's. try it without that code on to see what happens

tguy

Smash Rookie
I've got a particular question, and who knows, it could be related to the problem above.

I used BrawlScape to edit and change several texture files, as well as CSPs, Battle Portraits, and even the stock icons used on the stage select screen (and single-player mode, too.) All in all, those are the changes I've made. I altered a back-up I made from my copy using a program made to do this, one file at a time, slowly (and painfully :p).

Now, I went ahead and uploaded the pac and pcs files of all the costume changes I made, just for sake of detail. On the character select screen, everything works perfectly. In classic mode, even the stock icons appear, from where you choose how many stock to play the mode with. Going into classic mode, every altered character's new textures and battle pictures seem perfect.

However, when I choose "Brawl" mode, after choosing characters, and pressing start, to go to the stage select screen, the game freezes, before reaching said screen, with the famous "eeeeee" freeze sound.

As far as files that were altered via BrawlScape, since all the texture and portrait stuff worked, I'll leave off the ones that correspond to those, so in essence, I'd say it's an issue with one of two files:

stage/melee/STGRESULT.pac
or, of course
system/common5.pac

If need be, I can upload either file. Additionally, the file replacement program I use renames the files you load into the .iso to the name of the file that's replaced, so the common5.pac would become common5_en.pac or whatever it translates to for the US version, automatically. Any ideas? Anyone know why the STGRESULT file would be changed from those edits?

Edit: Additionally, I tried loading the game with and without any codes, and I reached the same result, regardless, each time.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure that it was said somewhere that you can't use a custom CSS screen (made with PW's program) with custom CSP's. try it without that code on to see what happens
Thats completely irrelevent. The codes aren't whats faulty. Not only will the CSPs not load in brawl, but neither will they load in brawlscape. It can't be the codes. It worked fine in brawlscape and in brawl, then 2 days later (without having edited ANYTHING) neither worked. Also yes CSPs do work with custom CSS screen. If I remember right it worked for me. (I'll go check it) The custom CSS screen is made with sc_selcharacter.pac in menu2 folder. I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure custom CSPs don't pertain to that file. But I'll go test it anyway... Edit: Yes I'm right, custom CSS and CSPs work fine. No problems.

I think this might be what happened to me, no I didn't check anything but the character select screen (where you got the freezing, like me), but these are pretty much the same symptoms as me.

Edit: nvm, after reading your edit sounds like you have a different problem. After I deleted the common5.pac file it loaded fine, just no CSPs.

tguy

Smash Rookie
Actually, it looks like my CSPs were messed up. I couldn't get BrawlScape to load any of them, and it related to common5.pac, as when I deleted it, BrawlScape worked normally. I'm redoing them all to see what happens, and then I'll be testing once more.

tguy

Smash Rookie
I was able to get mine to work. I just deleted the common5.pac from the BrawlScape output, and started all over with CSPs. The only thing missing, apparently, are stock portraits, I suppose I forgot to reload those, but that's all right, because they are rarely on the screen, and the ones in the game already do just fine.

Rudementry

Smash Journeyman
I know, thats what I had to do, but it happened AGAIN. SO thats why I am now awaiting a solution to this.

tguy

Smash Rookie
Oh, well the simplest and easiest thing for you to do is just to make the common5.pac, then back it up regularly. Store the back-up where BrawlScape can't mess with it, and if you happen upon corruption again, copy the back-up back in appropriate directory. These files don't decay over anything close to a brief period time, the problem likely happens when BrawlScape opens or saves changes, so if you keep a backup of the file, it would take seconds to undo the damage any time in the future.

bboynotbgirl

Smash Journeyman
just as a suggestion if this is even possible could giga and alloys be added to brawlscape? i am aware that the pics would be mario, falcon, etc. but since you can modify their CSS portraits someone could make csps for alloys, and giga.

Top Bottom