• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawl's "WTF?!" Character

Kirye

Smash Ace
just to point something out... but some of the new characters for brawl (The confirmed ones) Are characters that are trophys in ssbm. I know people have problly already noticed this, but if this is the case, then wouldnt most of the new characters be trophys from ssbm?
Most likely, besides the third party characters of course.

And of course, the popular games that came out after melee's release, like WW, FF:poR, Star Fox: Assault, and so forth.

Metà

Smash Master
Not necessarily. Zero Suit Samus wasn't a trophy (well, there was Samus Unmasked, but that's only if you're haxx0r like me).

If they were all trophies, I want to see party ball as a playable character.

Oh yeah, and Masahiro Sakurai said he liked the idea of Kawashima from Brain Age appearing in Brawl. I doubt he would be a playable character, but I think I know how he'd be worked in there...

If there's two master hands, there must be a master head, right?

*_*

Sabo

Smash Cadet
Hayate and Kaede from Blue Shadow/ Shadow of The Ninja ftw.

Joner

Smash Cadet
Smokin' hot air, that's what.
^ Lame

Anyways, I'd love to believe Midna would come to brawl but it's not happening. If Midna would be in brawl I would probably second Midna or even main Midna instead of Link. What would really be cool would be Midna following Link around, so I can keep my favourite character and still have Midna with me :p

Kazuya

Smash Journeyman
Snake was the WTF Character for me lmao. I still refuse to believe he's ACTUALLY gonna be in the game =|

highandmightyjoe

Smash Ace
There have been a couple threads like this one, including one by me. But whatever, its just another chance for me to talk about the character I've been crossing my fingers to be in this whole time. The character I mention on all of these topics. The grandfather of all games. Nintendos pride and joy.

Jumpman.

Booyah.

urban_shinobi

Smash Journeyman
the new wtf character is definately gonna be..............

mike tyson from that old knockout game...watch out for the right b ( the ear nibbler) it's his "Magic" fininsher

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. That's what a WTF character should do. It should make everyone sit up straight from their crouched over position, and go 'What?' or 'Who?'

Hmmm you couldn't have put that ANY BETTER.
Lets see.... I did that for
Ness & Falcon in SS64 (samus i was like wtf when i first turned the game on )
G&W Marth Roy scared me...

A wtf character should make you go "WHO THE EFF IS THAT!?!?" when they appear as a black figure after the credits or after a match. A character you can't identify even after you fought them and lost to them.

I LOST TO MARTH WHEN I FIRST FAUGHT HIM.

spjd

Smash Apprentice
I stille think the WTF-characters could be that professor from those "Brain-something" games for the DS. You know those thinking-solution'y games.

noe3

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Noe_03
3DS FC
3368-2779-4997
Eh, could be a lot of guys... like...

Any character from another fighting game (Ex. Ryu from Street Fighter, Cervantes from Soul Caliber)

Just some really really random character (Ex. A Tetris Block)

Any real life person (Ex. Mike Tyson lolololol)

Somebody nobody knows about (Ex. The guys from the game Snow Bros.)

Pichu (Ex. Pichu... yeah...)

Okay just kidding about that last one (oh god don't hurt me), but really, it could be anyone...

EDIT: I'm hurt that not many of you knew who Ness was... AM I THE ONLY ONE TO PLAY EB ON THE NES?!?!?!?!?!

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
Eh, could be a lot of guys... like...

EDIT: I'm hurt that not many of you knew who Ness was... AM I THE ONLY ONE TO PLAY EB ON THE NES?!?!?!?!?!

:O I didn't know who ness was until i played SSB
a week afterwards i got the EB zero and EB games..
I didn't beat either one...
My bro beat both....

Long story short I'm playing EB on my DS

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Ness didn't really "wtf" for me in the first game. Captain Falcon though, they really just put him in the game for no real reason. When I saw falcon punch connect with someone, I almost #### myself!
Anyway someone completely useless and random like a Goomba, Waddle Dee or a Caterpie with attacks that sound stupid but are useful in some way or have a secret ability like rest's explosion. All are perfect wtf additions.

Dark Shard

Smash Apprentice
I'm confident that the wtf char will be

1) Not even mentioned in this thread
2) Awsomely retro
3) Unknown to 99% of the average gamer (not to much this one)
4) Not included in the final roster. Period.

But I'll guess and say

An OLD pointless character like those robot things in the original Family Computer games. (do I even know what I'm talking about?)

Meryl Silverburg? Naaw.

What if it was some one like Doc. Or Pichu, that we were almost certain was gone?

King Wart?

Windwaker Link's wingled girlfriend.

Erik the Appreciator

Smash Rookie
Blizzard's StarCraft was ported to N64, so technically it is not impossible for Kerrigan or a Protoss Zealot to be featured as a surprise third-party character, right? That would definitely be my WTF moment. (This is my first Quick Reply on the forum.)

Moo2

Smash Cadet
****, lots of Secrets characters that i would kill to have them in SSBB.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Chad-o
Naruto
DS Stylus
Kirby: Canvas Curse
Gamecube
Wii
Cloud
Dante
Viewti

OMG! ITS TEH VIEWTIFUL JOEZ!

Kirye

Smash Ace
o.O

One part of those are anime characters, so no.
Another part of those are accesories/video game systems.. no.
The remaining set is third party and either has never been on nintendo, or has a very low chance in.

And Kirby's in Brawl. =/

slartibartfast42

Smash Lord

2) Awsomely retro

Because the character cannot be mentioned in this thread I will not actually name them

two possible WTF!?! characters

A man with pink balls for hands that seems to have a limitless supply of explosives

A ninja who originally appeared on the NES, he has recently appeared in a GAIDENy xbox game

Zeee

Smash Journeyman

2) Awsomely retro

Because the character cannot be mentioned in this thread I will not actually name them

two possible WTF!?! characters

A man with pink balls for hands that seems to have a limitless supply of explosives

A ninja who originally appeared on the NES, he has recently appeared in a GAIDENy xbox game
bomberman has a GOOD chance of making it to brawl ( I wanted him in melee 7 years ago)
And OMG Ryo/Ryu/w/e the ninja from ninja gaiden would OWN in brawl....

What about...
Bender from Futurama?

Star Wolf over Falco plz.
Or Fox in his Fox Adventures form.... with his spear and hot sexy kicks..

Sensai

Smash Master
This never happened. Why? 'Cause Earthbound was a SNES title...unless you were refferring to 'Mother', which wasn't released in the states...so not only are you not the only person to have played it, there are NO people to have played it on the NES.
Erik said:
Blizzard's StarCraft was ported to N64, so technically it is not impossible for Kerrigan or a Protoss Zealot to be featured as a surprise third-party character, right? That would definitely be my WTF moment. (This is my first Quick Reply on the forum.)
That would most certainly be a WTF for me. In fact, I'm almost going to 100% guarentee myself that that will never happen, so that on the off chance it does, I **** my pants. And welcome to the boards, Erik.

Top Bottom