• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlin In The Beach (Palm Beach Gardens, Florida) June 12th, 2010

AfroQT

Smash Master
With no door fee, and with money pay out, PnT makes no money, thus there is no reason for them to do this.

To reason with them, tell them to charge a 5 dollar door fee tos imply enter the tournament, as well as a 10 dollars to enter singles or doubles, this way they make 5 dollars per person that enters, which will make it atleast seem like its worth it.

Otherwise, theres no reason for them to do th is.

With the payout in the form of a gift card, theres almost no reason for people to travel more then 5 minutes to this.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
With no door fee, and with money pay out, PnT makes no money, thus there is no reason for them to do this.

To reason with them, tell them to charge a 5 dollar door fee tos imply enter the tournament, as well as a 10 dollars to enter singles or doubles, this way they make 5 dollars per person that enters, which will make it atleast seem like its worth it.

Otherwise, theres no reason for them to do th is.

With the payout in the form of a gift card, theres almost no reason for people to travel more then 5 minutes to this.
afro man with all due respect F*** that i am going to come to this rolling 10 deep. i love the fact the the door fee has been dropped and its not about the money and it never should be. if there is in fact a $5 door fee and the entry fee is jacked up to 10$ that puts a stop to me coming with 10 ppl and possibly all together.

-!-

Smash Lord
Yea our playNtrade is wierd too like they keep the 50% instead of doing a door fee nd shutty rules nd used to do single elimination with only using one character for the while time... But its become a oil better but doesn't really matter since people don't show up anymore lol ohh nd sadly the don't use gift cards instead just store credit which sucks lol

Toneh

Smash Lord
yeah and if it was $5 door and $5 entry, that means they are keeping 50% of the pot.

$2 would be a more reasonable door fee if they did one, if they pay out 100% of the pot to like top 3-4

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
what viper said. everything is officially set in stone. there is no changing and alternating the rule change.

at this point, i cannot make a change for PnT. they assured me that they want it by there standards. there is no change to it, no more discussion. it's over.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
what viper said. everything is officially set in stone. there is no changing and alternating the rule change.

at this point, i cannot make a change for PnT. they assured me that they want it by there standards. there is no change to it, no more discussion. it's over.
the rules that are posted is what i read and understood. that is how i advertized it to my crew that is what they expect and i am fine with it.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
5$ each person...
cant say this will be able to happen PnT is gay about this stuff but thats not the reason most of us SwampNigas are broke and the money we have will be spent getting gas for the 3 hour drive there then back but you never know

Xaltis

Smash Hero
cant say this will be able to happen PnT is gay about this stuff but thats not the reason most of us SwampNigas are broke and the money we have will be spent getting gas for the 3 hour drive there then back but you never know
WHAT THE ****!?!? Are you guys seriously traveling 3 hours for this little tourney?!?!

Xaltis

Smash Hero
What is this....I don't understand what im reading.
Its always about the money and always will be.
I Don't think I'll be coming if the prize is a gift card.
You can't go to another tournament till you bring the money you owe me and polt, don't forget about your buddys.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I want to win money not prizes...well unless the prize is a PS3 or XBOX360 -wink
I believe you all are not getting the whole situation. The idea of the gift card is PnT's. They want to take the total of that pot, and divide them up to 60/30/10 of the pot. It's not anything different from a regular cash prize. PnT just wants it to go to there store so they can get some sort of profit out of this. Hell, they are lending us the building so I don't see how that can be a problem.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
I want to win money not prizes...well unless the prize is a PS3 or XBOX360 -wink
I believe you all are not getting the whole situation. The idea of the gift card is PnT's. They want to take the total of that pot, and divide them up to 60/30/10 of the pot. It's not anything different from a regular cash prize. PnT just wants it to go to there store so they can get some sort of profit out of this. Hell, they are lending us the building so I don't see how that can be a problem.

-!-

Smash Lord
wait... The gift card is gonna be For pNt only? As in like store credit? I thought it would be a visa gift card for anything lol I've gotten those for prizes which is fine since u can use it for "anything" that takes cards... If its store credit they're pretty much taking the whole pot lol kinda pointless... Unless ur some one that will actually buy stuff from pNt then its fine but for those that want 100% control of their winnings then they're not gonna come specially since the pot isn't gonna be too much since its only a $5 tournament... If there was a chance of me making this its gone now lol its pretty much a pNt from Naples XD

I only suggest that u guys take this to a house nd just play it out there, u won't be getting more then like 20 people either way... It'll probably work better like that IMO idk that's what I would do... Just a suggestion :)

EDIT:

Don't u mean triple post? Lol there's an edit button for a reason XD just saying.

SN Viper

Formerly 9th in FL PR
wait... The gift card is gonna be For pNt only? As in like store credit? I thought it would be a visa gift card for anything lol I've gotten those for prizes which is fine since u can use it for "anything" that takes cards... If its store credit they're pretty much taking the whole pot lol kinda pointless... Unless ur some one that will actually buy stuff from pNt then its fine but for those that want 100% control of their winnings then they're not gonna come specially since the pot isn't gonna be too much since its only a $5 tournament... If there was a chance of me making this its gone now lol its pretty much a pNt from Naples XD

I only suggest that u guys take this to a house nd just play it out there, u won't be getting more then like 20 people either way... It'll probably work better like that IMO idk that's what I would do... Just a suggestion :)

EDIT:

Don't u mean triple post? Lol there's an edit button for a reason XD just saying.
harsh M!X but it might be true for some.
I will be coming to this event barring an act of god
credit me for 10 ppl it will work out
anyone who only wants to come for cash thats your prerogative QQ
i love the game cant wait to see my homies!

-!-

Smash Lord
I wouldn't mind going if this wasn't too far out, and its not that I want cash money or more money so that it can motivate me to go... I just don't like the idea that the store is gonna force the Cash prizes (Which is 100% of the pot to the players with no door fee) into their own store... they're not charging a venue fee to make it like they're giving us the place for free and not make anything themselves but still giving out the prizes as Store credit for their store... I understand it all, but its just better to charge a separate venue fee for them and have the events fee for the players. But like I said for those that heavily buy from video game stores can take advantage, this should be a piece of cake. For that I have my own pNt that's minutes away... which is gayer then this I may add, takes a portion of the pot to themselves while still forcing the rest to go to their store... I still have store credit that I haven't even used for a loooong time. Most smashers tend to travel for CASH, if there is no cash then they're gonna be stubborn and not go, sadly its how it works... random kids will go to a pNt tournament, this shouldn't be too bad Im pretty sure you'll end up winning it anyways Viper.

I can't wait for the next tournament after this though, I hear it' gonna be SIIIIICCCCKKKKK!!!!!!

~M!X

DFEAR

Smash Hero
im a *************** weston kid...money aint a issue son...btw i dunno...ask xaltis lawl

Top Bottom