• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlin' @ da Grapevine - 2/15, I wanna see some Melee

DJcream

Smash Rookie
February 15 (sunday) - Brawlin' @ da Grapevine V
Attention all 209 Smashers, community players are hosting grapevine's FIFTH Smash tournament ran by the the palyers themselves. In addition to our Super Smash bros. BRAWL main event, we're running a Melee Tournament for all the old skool Smash fans. No single elimination, not items, and no whining* allowed. Bring your A-game, because NorCal's best Smash players are aiming to the best of the block.
*Trash talking encouraged

AiB CrossPost: http://allisbrawl.com/ttournament.aspx?id=4443

Tourneys:
- Brawl Singles ($5 Entry)
- Brawl Doubles ($5 Entry per person)
- Melee Singles ($5 Entry)
*All players must pay a $2 one-time venue fee to help keep the store open past it's closing time to finish up tournaments.
* PRIZES: 70/20/10% of pot to 1st/2nd/3rd in all tournaments >8 entries. Tournaments with less than 8 entries will be Winner-takes-all

(estimated) Schedule
Noon Store opens
1:00 PM registration ends
1:15 Brawl Doubles begins
4-ish Brawl Singles begins
6:00 Melee Singles begins
9:00 We'll be wrapping things up

Venue
Grapevine Comics
9299 Thornton Rd
Stockton, California, United States
* I apologize in advance that the venue is pretty small so it will get crowded once we exceed 40+ people. In addition, I ask if every one can eat their food outside the venue.

You got a dollar? Well my birthday's today so I got money to drop.

If there's more Melee players than Brawl players at this, I'll drop $20 on top of the pot. Yeah, I said it.

I just hope I can still afford both an Xbox and Wii joystick for SF4 and TvC, respectively.
Okay so here's some true talk: While I enjoy running Brawl, watching that game go isn't as popping as Melee. I miss watching some really good Melee matches going on so I'm trying to promote more Melee action at these Grapevine tourneys. While Dark Mike and KFC are some of the local talent, the overall turnout for Melee hasn't all that great. I'm willing to run a Melee tourney if enough people show up.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
I'll try to show up along with my friend GK Infinity (mains Zelda in both games.) I might team with him as well.

DJcream

Smash Rookie
With the tourney a week away, I want to bump to remind everyone. I hope the turnout for both Brawl and Melee turns out to be better that it looks right now. I've set up flyers locally so I expect a good amount of local scrubs to be donating money >_>

pockyD

Smash Legend
sunday tournament out in the middle of nowhere x.x

if others want to go with me, i'll consider it, but i wouldn't go it alone

DJcream

Smash Rookie
out in the middle of nowhere x.x
That's pretty much Stockton for ya ^_^;;

At least it's a 3-day weekend (at least for HS/College students) so being on a Sunday isn't so bad in this case.

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
wowzerz... how is andre saying he'll go and not inviting me...
wtf? i have to go to a tourney while i have money from my tax refund. LOL
i didn't even know this was happening until about 5 minutes ago, so the word wasn't as efficiently spread as it could have been.

Zoap

Smash Master
talk more to the brawl noobs and you can keep up with this kind of stuff.

on a different note I wonder how often people type "kinda of" instead of what i put up there. hmmm

TheTruth07

Smash Rookie
Bump for the need of TV's and Melee... We might be able to run melee teams, if we have enough TV's. Everyone should come and bring a TV and a Cube. And if daryl (DJCream) didn't already mention this, for everyone who brings a setup, the venue fee is waived.

If melee gets a bigger turnout then Brawl, I'll throw an extra dollar into the melee pot. Incentives. People like them.

pockyD

Smash Legend
one WHOLE dollar?! :laugh:

did you plan on switching TVs between melee and brawl? because if not, the melee tournament would run way faster than the brawl tournament almost guaranteed, and there would easily be time for doubles

TheTruth07

Smash Rookie
one WHOLE dollar?! :laugh:

did you plan on switching TVs between melee and brawl? because if not, the melee tournament would run way faster than the brawl tournament almost guaranteed, and there would easily be time for doubles
lol, yes one whole dollar. I'm cheap and SF4 comes out on that tuesday. Lol.

I'll ask daryl about his plans on running it when i see him online next.

EDIT: We may have SF4 playable in store for friendlies... still unconfirmed.

joeplicate

Smash Master
holy crap I wanna go to this

kfc if you house me I will repay you with a bunch of friendlies

oh man I seriously want to do it

joeplicate

Smash Master
I really do want to go to this, but it probably won't happen
stockton happens to be far away from santa cruz, and I don't even know about a ride

oh well, we'll see

TheTruth07

Smash Rookie
I'll try to show up along with my friend GK Infinity (mains Zelda in both games.) I might team with him as well.
You're grabbing Miztik too right? Lol I haven't seen modesto smash since Modesto's first Brawl tournament. Park, where you at?

DJcream

Smash Rookie
lol, yes one whole dollar. I'm cheap and SF4 comes out on that tuesday. Lol.
You got a dollar? Well my birthday's today so I got money to drop.

If there's more Melee players than Brawl players at this, I'll drop $20 on top of the pot. Yeah, I said it.

I just hope I can still afford both an Xbox and Wii joystick for SF4 and TvC, respectively.

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
sure ill house u guys.

when r u guys coming? the tourney is on sunday i think, so r u arriving saturday?

id spend valentines wit my girl but she has work ALL day. -_-

joeplicate

Smash Master
I think I am gonna caltrain back/skip class on monday to go to this tournament

it'll be worth it

JR we better play all night homie

KILLA.FOR.CASH.

Smash Champion
I think I am gonna caltrain back/skip class on monday to go to this tournament

it'll be worth it

JR we better play all night homie
for shizzle my nizzle!

dayum... JR come pick me up for this, k?
lolol

u know i would, but i doubt i can get my mom to let me borrow the car for that long again =[

and plus u'd need a ride back lol. why dont u just ask keith? the tourney is on a sunday, so he shouldnt have work, right?

LumpyCPU...

Smash Hero
Slippi.gg
half#198
u know i would, but i doubt i can get my mom to let me borrow the car for that long again =[

and plus u'd need a ride back lol. why dont u just ask keith? the tourney is on a sunday, so he shouldnt have work, right?
idk though bro bro

Top Bottom