• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlers in real life

cellphone

Smash Rookie
does your girlfriend have a whip? or floats on an umbrella? or maybe she has an alter ego changing into guy's clothes. Worse, have you introduced her to your parents?

facing a hazy fact of being a true Brawler: we are subjected to lock ourselves in our room and play hours mastering moves like dragonic reverse or CGing. to be honest, i cant come up to some of my friend and say "im going to a tournament" no i hide my face knowing they'll class me a "dreadful geek" breathing fumes in the basement next to "WoWers" and "Haloers" but we know SSB is much better than that.

ah, but there's away to resolve such steroetypes. a kyptonite to this problem, a needle of this balloon. and it lies in looking for pseudo hobbies that sounds cooler to people's ear (ie surf (the internet), play guitar (hero), or a girl (friend but not really girlfriend)...

While we look like Titans with our 3D's (dedede) in tournament we dont get respect from the normal scene. but who really care right?

Light in the end of the tunnel: all in all, i love my girlfriend(s). and i dont care what people think of me being a hardcore Smasher. i'll just keep in mind that i can three stock them anyday...

be true to your character.

Paingel

Smash Apprentice
Please don't stick me in a pokeball. I hate the pokeball. It's soooo cramped in the pokeball. I'll stick around and throw Aura Spheres or whatever but PLEASE NOT THE POKEBALL!!!

Vermy

Smash Champion
I quite confidently say I play Smash Competitively. Everyone has hobbies, mine happens to involve sending my blue ninja turtle, fire breathing dragon and a dinosaur/plant hybrid to fight against swordsmen, monsters, robots and bounty hunters.
Epic, no?

Be proud of it. You love it, f*ck 'em, they'll have to go for it.

fource

Smash Lord
NNID
LeThienWasMyHero
Yeah, I agree with virtually everyone else who has said that they play Brawl proudly. Everyone of my friends knows that I take this videogame seriously and sometimes they think I take it too seriously, but who cares? Sometimes the bonds we build with smashers end up meaning more to us than the bonds we had with the people before we played Brawl. I've told a lot of my friends that I feel more connected with hald of my Brawl crew than I do with the people I walk around school with. Aside from Brawl I'm still competing in Wrestling and Diving and do a pretty good job maintaining my social status. Brawl should not hurt your ability to interact with anyone but instead allow you to interact with more people.

Honestly, maybe this is an insecurtiy issue? It really isn't that big of a deal, if your friends make fun of you for it, maybe that's the problem, not the fact that you Brawl.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
I love it when people mention WoW stereotypes.

It makes me laaaaaaaaugh.

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
I have a lot of friends who are barely into video games at all and they know I go to Smash tourneys. If you really have to be so ashamed of it, you're hanging out around ****ty people.

jjvirus

Smash Champion
All of my friends know what I do, I tell them about tournaments. They find it interesting, no one has ever called me a "nerd" or "geek" because of what I do. If they do however, I'm going Inui on their *** and fighting with logic :D

(Really, my hair just stops them from saying anything)

Heartz♥

Smash Legend
Heh. You should visit the Las Pictoras threads. Not all of us look like *greasy, unkempt losers.

*Excerpt from a Teran17 post

Scinn

The Fluffiest
NNID
BLKROCKET25
i am sorta like lucario i studied alots of different martial arts i even know five pressure points that can err........... uhh yeah and i'm very quiet.

I NEEDS MORE POWA

dancingfrogman

Smash Ace
Switch FC
3133 8842 3910
Last time I checked:

1) I wasn't 2d
2) pull objects from my arse
3) I'm not 2D
4) I don't (think, if I do, please tell me) have a big nose
5) NOT 2D!

Ummm, yes, I'll try and act like Mr Game & Watch from now on, it must be what I lost out so far.
Watch me fail by trying to accomplish the unaccomplishable (16 letters, that's big for a word).

El Nino

BRoomer
BRoomer
I don't date girls who DON'T have whips.

I readily admit to playing Smash to people I know. And no, I don't care what they think. People who don't play games are not automatically cool, or anything.

Top Bottom