• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbox v0.67b Released

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
Is it just me, or did Kryal put his real name in the copyright info? I won't say it in the thread, but I wonder why he wouldn't just use Kryal. Also, I won't lie, a good 80% of the code I have no idea what it does.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
I wet myself with nerdy joy. I haven't been this hyped for Brawl mods in at least a year :D all my joy is renewed. I will find time to work on Brawl hacks again. Thank you, BlackJax.

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
Not much to say, other than utter anticipation.

I also need to get better at 3DS and figure out how to import things properly into 3DSMax.

pokelover980

Smash Ace
No problem.

I said I wouldn't stop working on it until it was done, and I'd say I'm almost there.

http://forums.kc-mm.com/index.php?topic=17547.msg665850#msg665850
I love you as much as one man can love another man before it becomes homosexual, minus a little love so that people like Paul McCartney and Markus Persson are still my most loved people :D

If I get some time between school and game dev, I'll try again at BrawlBox development, and if not that, then general Brawl research so we can get better mods.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
DAE importing didn't worked for me.
Tried to import TF2 Model
That's because I haven't released the version I have yet, and you probably didn't follow all the guidelines to a successful import.
I'm going to make a video tutorial soon.

JediKnightTemplar

Smash Lord
It's like people don't care about getting DAEs into Brawl :(
I think the main reason is that IIRC imported models, regardless of whether or not they have a proper bone tree, need to have custom animations made for them, which can be a very long and arduous process. Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following DAE-MDL0 in a while, for the very reason this thread is hypeless- Project:M. Seriously, it's drained most of the hype out of nearly every other project.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I think the main reason is that IIRC imported models, regardless of whether or not they have a proper bone tree, need to have custom animations made for them, which can be a very long and arduous process.
That's why I made an animation porter. ;)

Correct me if I'm wrong, I haven't been following DAE-MDL0 in a while, for the very reason this thread is hypeless- Project:M. Seriously, it's drained most of the hype out of nearly every other project.
True. It seems like hacking here has been focused on Project: M (which I don't really care about tbh... I'll just play Melee if I really want to).

Hype over at KC-MM has been extreme compared to here.

Alright, thanks
Here's the tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9_qXKYfr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrOUY0mY1U

Toomai

Smash Ace
Line 313 of Matrix.cs sometimes spits out a NaN, which results in the angle vector produced by GetAngles() being [NaN, NaN, NaN]. One place I found it happening was Mario's LArmJ on frame 2 of Attack11. Not sure if I can fix it so I figured I'd let other people know about it.

shanus

Smash Hero
That's why I made an animation porter. ;)

True. It seems like hacking here has been focused on Project: M (which I don't really care about tbh... I'll just play Melee if I really want to).

Hype over at KC-MM has been extreme compared to here.

Here's the tutorial:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3L9_qXKYfr0
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JOrOUY0mY1U
We are excited for your work.

Also, deleting animations with your build (actually any modset other than .63d) will pretty regularly result in corruption of the fitmotion pac to the point that you can't resave it.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
We are excited for your work.

Also, deleting animations with your build (actually any modset other than .63d) will pretty regularly result in corruption of the fitmotion pac to the point that you can't resave it.
Alright, I'll see if I can figure out what's wrong.

Toomai

Smash Ace
DISCLAIMER: The following is a lot less done than it appears to be. There are no controls, all the data has to be input manually, and things vanish because of the NaN bug I reported a few posts ago.

[collapse="hype.png"]
[/collapse]

Photos

Smash Journeyman
Toomai... My jaw literally just dropped.
It looked a lot like this.

If you can make that easy for us little people, i mean, wow.

All that's happening... all we need is for work to begin again on the arf engine... or better, a way to create totally new character slots.

With all that is being done on making brawl hacking so easy, i honestly cannot express my absolute joy at seeing the massive progress.

If i have to, so you can see my hype, i will post every day. I'm totally serious. well, maybe not totally, but my mind has been blown to oblivion by this.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
DISCLAIMER: The following is a lot less done than it appears to be. There are no controls, all the data has to be input manually, and things vanish because of the NaN bug I reported a few posts ago.

[collapse="hype.png"]
[/collapse]
WOW, nice! I'll see if I can fix that bug, but I don't really know much about the matrix stuff :/ I have a few questions though; what are you reading to get the hitboxes/hurtboxes and what are you using to render those circles? How did you render stars in them?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357

[collapse="hype.png"]
[/collapse]
Holy sheeeeet.

Toomai

Smash Ace
I have a few questions though; what are you reading to get the hitboxes/hurtboxes and what are you using to render those circles? How did you render stars in them?
Currently I'm not reading anything, I have to input things directly into the code. Eventually I'll figure out how to read from the .pacs.

The hitboxes are spheres and the borders are rings, just like the widget thing that circles the active bone. The * angle indicator is a set of quads rotated to face the camera (which like the borders I can't seem to get pointed perfectly correctly, leading to the borders sometimes being inside the spheres). The hurtboxes are manually-drawn sphere/cylinder chunks.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Currently I'm not reading anything, I have to input things directly into the code. Eventually I'll figure out how to read from the .pacs.

The hitboxes are spheres and the borders are rings, just like the widget thing that circles the active bone. The * angle indicator is a set of quads rotated to face the camera (which like the borders I can't seem to get pointed perfectly correctly, leading to the borders sometimes being inside the spheres). The hurtboxes are manually-drawn sphere/cylinder chunks.
Oh, I see. Kryal started working on parsing PSA pacs, and Bero and I started adding onto it. The code is in FighterDefinition.cs and FighterDefEnums.cs in the BrawlLib/SSBB/Types folder. If you look in FighterDefinition.cs, there's a struct called "FDefHurtBox" that has everything you'll need to render a hurtbox. Nothing uses that struct yet, but it'll be used once I start working on it. There isn't a hitbox struct yet (although a hitbox is probably set up in the same way as a hurtbox).

Toomai

Smash Ace
Oh, I see. Kryal started working on parsing PSA pacs, and Bero and I started adding onto it. The code is in FighterDefinition.cs and FighterDefEnums.cs in the BrawlLib/SSBB/Types folder. If you look in FighterDefinition.cs, there's a struct called "FDefHurtBox" that has everything you'll need to render a hurtbox. Nothing uses that struct yet, but it'll be used once I start working on it. There isn't a hitbox struct yet (although a hitbox is probably set up in the same way as a hurtbox).
Ewwwwwww structs. Luckily I already had classes set up for hurtboxes and hitboxes
a month ago
; I won't need to use those structs. (By the way, the hurtbox one is wrong - hurtboxes are labelled as "UnknownT" in Tabuu.)

Photos

Smash Journeyman
I have a question about making BBox a little less time consuming.
Would it be possible to actually be able to export/import whole folders? i mean, uploading textures to a file is a pain, but when you get into everything else, that amount of files you gotta import/export becomes vast in comparison. I mean, you get into the mdl0 and wanna export the bone tree. I have to say, i got really fast at that when working on primid.

And also, is it possible to replace a bone without destroying the bone tree underneath it?
or rather, without it vanishing?

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
I have a question about making BBox a little less time consuming.
Would it be possible to actually be able to export/import whole folders? i mean, uploading textures to a file is a pain, but when you get into everything else, that amount of files you gotta import/export becomes vast in comparison. I mean, you get into the mdl0 and wanna export the bone tree. I have to say, i got really fast at that when working on primid.

And also, is it possible to replace a bone without destroying the bone tree underneath it?
or rather, without it vanishing?
Yeah, I was actually planning on making a folder importer/exporter.
And that will be possible once the model rebuilder works without lagging in-game...

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
Heh, blackjax, if you want more hype, rename the thread to "finished converter." I don't think people realize...

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Heh, blackjax, if you want more hype, rename the thread to "finished converter." I don't think people realize...
It's not necessarily done though. I don't wanna hype noobs that will spread the hype everywhere throughout the internetz and then wind up with an inbox full of 50 million pms for nothing.

I'll rename it when I finish it completely.

NO@H

Smash Journeyman
It's not necessarily done though. I don't wanna hype noobs that will spread the hype everywhere throughout the internetz and then wind up with an inbox full of 50 million pms for nothing.

I'll rename it when I finish it completely.
true, that's probably a better idea.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Look at Tabuu/OpenSA2 source code.
Credit me if you do :p
I have been, and I'll credit you, don't worry. XD
(I've been secretly setting up structs and bit shifts to parse the PSA data. Don't tell anyone I told you this extremely confidential information. lol)

Photos

Smash Journeyman
I have been, and I'll credit you, don't worry. XD
(I've been secretly setting up structs and bit shifts to parse the PSA data. Don't tell anyone I told you this extremely confidential information. lol)
*GASP!* Uh oh, i heard it too. does this mean i have to keep it secret?

Btw, I don't know if you've already said this, and i'm sorry if you have, but what do you plan to include in the next big update? or rather, what do you hope to, because i've heard you wanting to do tons of really great stuff + requests, but it seems inplausible that you'd be able to get most of that in one update, because of time...
unless your skillz are so totally wicked awesome that you just finish everything all at once. ;)

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
*GASP!* Uh oh, i heard it too. does this mean i have to keep it secret?

Btw, I don't know if you've already said this, and i'm sorry if you have, but what do you plan to include in the next big update? or rather, what do you hope to, because i've heard you wanting to do tons of really great stuff + requests, but it seems inplausible that you'd be able to get most of that in one update, because of time...
unless your skillz are so totally wicked awesome that you just finish everything all at once. ;)
Yes you do :p
The biggest update in the next version is model importing. I even built in an "Import Folder" button on BRRES nodes so you can mass-import textures for new models.

You never know though, I did add multi-model viewing in less than a few hours.

Toomai

Smash Ace
So, once I get something working well enough to release as a beta, what's the procedure I have to follow to do a release compile? Is there a version number process? Should I send the source to a guy and have him do the compilation instead? etc

Shadic

Alakadoof?
NNID
Shadoof
So, once I get something working well enough to release as a beta, what's the procedure I have to follow to do a release compile? Is there a version number process? Should I send the source to a guy and have him do the compilation instead? etc
Send it to the Project M team first, obviously. :awesome:

juhis815

Smash Rookie
I hope that I don't bother too much, but when there's going to be an feature that lets you to play sounds from .brsar archives?

Top Bottom