• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Brawlbox v0.67b Released

juhis815

Smash Rookie
Use Smashbox .57.
It can play sounds.
My thought is that I want to rip voices from PokéPark Wii, but that program you mentioned doesn't work with one of the archives which contains voices from PokéPark Wii, so I'll cannot do the job. :(

I know this might sound off-topic, but PokéPark Wii uses .brsar archives, I just want to point this out.

Edit: I've tried to extract sounds through latest BrawlBox, but it only spits out this message: "Unable to open file for write access."

I could wait until you make new version which includes the feature to extract sounds, but I'm rather hot tempered that I can't wait.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
Currently Brawlbox's brstm converter just adds silence to the beginning of the file if the start loop point isn't a multiple of 14336. This isn't that preferable, so in my standalone command line converter that I made by using Brawlbox's converter, I made it so that it simply copies the number of samples needed to align the loop points from the samples after the start loop point and pastes them after the samples at the end loop point. This way the loop points are aligned, and no silence is unnecessarily added to the beginning of the file.

To do this, simply add this code at line 124 in RSTMConverter.cs. Hopefully we can see this implemented in later versions of Brawlbox.

Code:
            for (int i = 2; i < bufferSamples; i++)
            {
                if (stream.SamplePosition == stream.LoopEndSample && looped)
                    stream.SamplePosition = stream.LoopStartSample;

juhis815

Smash Rookie
To do this, simply add this code at line 124 in RSTMConverter.cs. Hopefully we can see this implemented in later versions of Brawlbox.

Code:
            {
What do you mean that I have to insert some code to the RSTMConverter.cs?

I don't understand what that even does, anyway.

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Well, moosehunter made a BRSTM converter that's very useful. That's from part of the code of his converter.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
My thought is that I want to rip voices from PokéPark Wii, but that program you mentioned doesn't work with one of the archives which contains voices from PokéPark Wii, so I'll cannot do the job. :(

I know this might sound off-topic, but PokéPark Wii uses .brsar archives, I just want to point this out.

Edit: I've tried to extract sounds through latest BrawlBox, but it only spits out this message: "Unable to open file for write access."

I could wait until you make new version which includes the feature to extract sounds, but I'm rather hot tempered that I can't wait.
I would love to have that Pokepark wii brsar :]

Speaking of PokePark and Brawlbox, I absolutely cannot make any model imports with the newest Brawlbox. I have to do all my work in the one before it, even though the new one fixes animation names. Super sad. (And way more time consuming than it needs to be.) I cant put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with how it treats animation file versions.

moosehunter

Smash Ace
What do you mean that I have to insert some code to the RSTMConverter.cs?

I don't understand what that even does, anyway.
Well, how I can attach the code to the other program?
You need to recompile it.
Well, moosehunter made a BRSTM converter that's very useful. That's from part of the code of his converter.
The code isn't exactly mine. That's the only code that's different from Brawlbox except for the frontend.

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Currently Brawlbox's brstm converter just adds silence to the beginning of the file if the start loop point isn't a multiple of 14336. This isn't that preferable, so in my standalone command line converter that I made by using Brawlbox's converter, I made it so that it simply copies the number of samples needed to align the loop points from the samples after the start loop point and pastes them after the samples at the end loop point. This way the loop points are aligned, and no silence is unnecessarily added to the beginning of the file.

Code:
            {
Nice job, it works! I'll release the fix with Brawlbox v0.65, thanks.

Speaking of PokePark and Brawlbox, I absolutely cannot make any model imports with the newest Brawlbox. I have to do all my work in the one before it, even though the new one fixes animation names. Super sad. (And way more time consuming than it needs to be.) I cant put my finger on it, but I think it has something to do with how it treats animation file versions.
The animations don't save right? Or the model lags in-game? I'll see if I can fix it, people have been telling me animations don't save correctly sometimes.

Toomai

Smash Ace
BrawlBox v0.64d B-α is out!
Download here
Features:
  • Can read hitboxes. Use the top bar to load a file and pick which ones to display.
Current problems:
  • Can't read hurtboxes.
  • Characters with non-1.0 scaling factors may end up introducing size errors, depending on whether the scaling factor affects hitbox size in-game or not. (i.e. since Wolf has a scaling factor of 1.28, his hitboxes may or may not appear at 1.28x size, no idea how it works)
  • Certain hitboxes aren't recognized (like the one on Mario's b-throw).
  • No metadata; you have to know most of a hitbox's characteristics to find it in the list.
  • No concept of time; hitboxes won't appear or disappear based on animation frame.
  • Borders get out of sync when zoomed in too far.
  • Probably won't work properly on overalls Wario. (Normal Wario should be fine.)
  • Stretchy hitboxes could be drawn better.
Let me know of any other problems/confusing bits.

shanus

Smash Hero
Download here
Features:
  • Can read hitboxes. Use the top bar to load a file and pick which ones to display.
Current problems:
  • Can't read hurtboxes.
  • Characters with non-1.0 scaling factors may end up introducing size errors, depending on whether the scaling factor affects hitbox size in-game or not. (i.e. since Wolf has a scaling factor of 1.28, his hitboxes may or may not appear at 1.28x size, no idea how it works)
  • No metadata; you have to know most of a hitbox's characteristics to find it in the list.
  • No concept of time; hitboxes won't appear or disappear based on animation frame.
  • Probably won't work properly on overalls Wario. (Normal Wario should be fine.)
epic, downloading now

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Download here
Features:
Current problems:
  • Can't read hurtboxes.
Nice job :O
Could you send me your source, so I can add it to v0.65? I've already re-done the GUI for moveset editing.

shanus

Smash Hero
Nice job :O
Could you send me your source, so I can add it to v0.65? I've already re-done the GUI for moveset editing.
Once this can read metadata it will be fantastic. Toomai, how is the hitbox list generated (it seems there is no real order to it- is it just found by order in the pac)?

Additionally, the PM team found a bunch of hitboxes not displaying. If you want to hop on our irc, we can provide you with data real-time at some point to isolate where bugs are happening?

Toomai

Smash Ace
Once this can read metadata it will be fantastic. Toomai, how is the hitbox list generated (it seems there is no real order to it- is it just found by order in the pac)?

Additionally, the PM team found a bunch of hitboxes not displaying. If you want to hop on our irc, we can provide you with data real-time at some point to isolate where bugs are happening?
Yeah it's in .pac order. Basically it reads the file and looks for 06000d00, 060a0800, 060a0900, 060a0a00, and 06150f00; if it finds one it puts it in the list. Hitboxes of different commands won't get found because of this; I have to add in each one individually.

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Toomai, it seems that it's not reading hitboxes after a certain offset.

So if you add lines to a move and it gets shuffled to the end of the pac, it isn't read by your program. Do you have a cutoff programed in, or is it reading the whole file?

(Also at some point would love to be able to resize the hitbox picking window so I can see everything instead of scrolling. Thanks!)

shanus

Smash Hero
this is extremely cool and useful toomai, appreciate your hard work. can't wait for it to be done, but i'll be using it all the time until then as well

standardtoaster

Tubacabra
Blackjax, I found a glitch.

(1:40:59 PM) standardtoaster: if you click one of the polygons in the left side
(1:41:13 PM) standardtoaster: and hit space bar, it toggles playing the animation and toggles the bones showing

Toomai

Smash Ace
Toomai, it seems that it's not reading hitboxes after a certain offset.
I think I found out why this is. For efficienty purposes I was only reading every other word in a few places (because once you have a command, the next thing is a pointer and you can skip it). The problem was that because the file is altered, there's a 50% chance that after the point of alteration it will instead read all the pointers and miss all the commands. Or something like that.

I'm going to fix that and see if I can put out a new release tomorrow (in case any other obvious/easy bugs pop up).

Shell

Flute-Fox Only
Great, looking forward to it -- a very large portion of the moves in Project M have altered offsets.

Thanks, Toomai.

Eternal Yoshi

I've covered ban wars, you know
NNID
EternalYoshi
3DS FC
3394-4459-7089
So do custom PSAs.

Request, why not have an option to search the .pac through offsets of the subactions and/or commands?

It could help if there are still issues with hitboxes not showing up.

shanus

Smash Hero
So do custom PSAs.

Request, why not have an option to search the .pac through offsets of the subactions and/or commands?

It could help if there are still issues with hitboxes not showing up.
he will do metadata, but hasnt happened to have time yet

BlackJax96

Smash Apprentice
Blackjax, I found a glitch.

(1:40:59 PM) standardtoaster: if you click one of the polygons in the left side
(1:41:13 PM) standardtoaster: and hit space bar, it toggles playing the animation and toggles the bones showing
Fixed it in v0.65, somebody else reported that as well. Thanks for telling me though.

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Download here
Features:
Current problems:
  • Can't read hurtboxes.
That hitbox isn't recognized cause mario doesn't produce the hitbox himself

the hitbox is in ThrownB animation, meaning the hitbox is on the opponent you are throwing

Mario swings with no hitbox, but since that PSA tab is you controlling the opponent, then the foe has the hitbox

EDIT:

I love this epicness!!, Would obviously like if the hitbox are also shown while we pick them, but also in where the animation is the hitbox, other than that, amazing!!!

NAMQ out ;)

EDIT 2:

Version v0.64 B-β is out, nothing but the scan bug fix. Download
Nice :) Once this is done --->

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I will for ever be greatful :D

NoAh MenQui

Smash Apprentice
Actually it's not recognized because it's not a 06000d00 or a 06150f00 hitbox. It'd be easy to include but such has low priority.
Great :), check my edited post above urs and see the image to see if you can add that in the future.

Edit:

Question, if I add a child bone to the ThrownN and use it to attack hitboxes to it and/or graphic effects, would adding many child bones affect the game in terms of glitch/bugs and/or ingame freezes?

Segtendo

Smash Hero
NNID
Segtend0
3DS FC
2552-4940-9357
Look what our man did.
BlackJax on KC:MM said:

Playing as Kit Ballard (I don't even know who she is O_o), complete with animations, completely blew my mind. It's nothing like playing as an already-MDL0 model swap. This is the real deal, and it's AWESOME.
Maybe I'm just overreacting?

JetAurion

Smash Journeyman
Sweet Jesus.
I'm not on for a couple of hours, and suddenly the that thread has like 4 extra pages.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
extremely impressive and promising. nice work, Blackjax
A combination of (mostly) BlackJax96 and (not nearly as much) myself. I have pretty much isolated the problem with model lag (I'm pretty sure everyone's experienced it in one way or another when attempting to delete polygon groups). That Kit Ballard over ZSS port is one of the few successful tests I've done with the exported MDL0s that the BrawlBox v0.65 beta creates.

And yes, it works on the Wii itself and not just Dolphin.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Came in to say this is some amazing work. That pic of Luigi with the hitbox angle showing is wonderful stuff.

Top Bottom